Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hysterectomy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi ladies I got a question for you I am due to have a hysterectomy 2nd May glad to be having it done after over two year of pain biopsies and laser treatment.

My question is how did you feel afterwards ie sex drive and general health feelings did it make you feel better and how much pain was you in after.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

After mine I'm more sensitive inside and my sex drive is higher

By *elsh_lass74Woman
over a year ago

South Wales

Sex drive stayed the same with me, but was always higher than normal!!! Felt great after op. Just take it easy in the first six weeks like you would after a c-section. You should lose all the pre-period aches and pains and moods. But of course, everyone is different. Also the freedom from periods is great!!!

Good luck with the op, hope all goes well x

over a year ago

Ooh that is good to know as have been having treatment last two years every three months with cells regrowing and now they have spread from my cervix to my ovaries this why I have been advised for the hysterectomy have had a crap few years health wise. Would love to get back to normality x

By *indys loverCouple
over a year ago

Stratford on avon

mindy had a hystericlectamy 15 months ago ,,, took her some time to get up and running but she is hornier than ever and for us the best thing is that instead of only being able to safely play 1 to 2 weeks in the month we can do what we want when we want , best thing to of happened to her

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What are you having done? If you are leaving the ovaries then you will still get the hormonal feelings as eggs are released.

If you are leaving the cervix how you experience penetrative sex should be pretty much the same as it is now.

If you are having the ovaries out you will go through the menopause so prepare for that.

I have been healthier and rampant since having a hysterectomy. It really was the best thing to happen to me.

over a year ago

"What are you having done? If you are leaving the ovaries then you will still get the hormonal feelings as eggs are released.

If you are leaving the cervix how you experience penetrative sex should be pretty much the same as it is now.

If you are having the ovaries out you will go through the menopause so prepare for that.

I have been healthier and rampant since having a hysterectomy. It really was the best thing to happen to me.

"

Having cervix and ovaries removed x

By *indys loverCouple
over a year ago

Stratford on avon

and that isnt just from a male perspective before i get lambasted

By *erseysideridersCouple
over a year ago

wallasey

sex drive threw the roof best thing ever ,,gud luk n hope u recover quickly ,,,follow instructions do not lift anything ,,not even a duster ,no hovering either no hanging washing out no lifting children ,,,,

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I had a full hysterectomy In march 2012,everyone's pain threshold is diffrent so expect some kind of pain(worst pain for me was caused by the gasses leaving my body two days Later)

Sex was an still is painful for me as I can no longer take deep thrusts,if you can imagine a brick wall where you cervix was then that's what it's like.

Sex drive is off the scale at times due to Hrt but all in all its great to feel so good compared to what I was like before surgery.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well xxx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"What are you having done? If you are leaving the ovaries then you will still get the hormonal feelings as eggs are released.

Having cervix and ovaries removed x"

I had it all taken too. The menopause can be annoying but it was still better than the pain I had.

I had hoped the menopause and loss of cervix would lessen my libido a bit but if anything I have been hornier than ever as I no longer have the pain and ill-health.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I have been the opposite from some of the other women. I had a total hysterectomy 2 yr back and still get painful spasms in my tummy due to scar tissue, muscles never knitted together right afterwards and so left like atlas mountains around the middle. Sex drive virtually non existent despite being on HRT since a week afterwards and depression due to hormonal imbalance too. As others have said it does affect each person differently but I would still have had the op as the altetnate would be a shortened life of pain and discomfort.

Hope all goes well with your op xxxx

Post new Message to Thread