Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mainstream dating sites

Jump to newest

By *riggsboy123 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I only use fab to chat mainly due to the ridiculous m/f ratios so what traditional dating sites would u recommend? POF is the biggest and best free one obviously but im hesitant to enter my card details into any site mainly due to 3 parameters

- again m/f ratios

- sites using fake/old/out of date profiles or not distinguishing between basic and full members ie you can message 10 women but only 1 is a paid up member hence the other 9 wouldnt/couldnt reply anyway

- sites ripping the piss by automatically charging your card and making it impossible to contact them and even if you do their (awful) customer service is in morocco etc.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The ratio of men to women works in my favour. Why? Because obviously with lots of men, there are going to be lots of idiots and lots of atrocious profiles which makes me and my profile stand out. I have no issue with this site. It works well for me.

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Ok cupid is where we met and now allows you to search for non monogamous people.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The ratio of men to women works in my favour. Why? Because obviously with lots of men, there are going to be lots of idiots and lots of atrocious profiles which makes me and my profile stand out. I have no issue with this site. It works well for me. "

over a year ago

POF - Plenty of fakes! I used this site for a while, met some nice people but was too much of an effort. I'd never go on it again.

over a year ago

I joined POF last year when I deleted my Fab profile. I was there all of 10 minutes

over a year ago

I was on POF for 8 months. Still in touch with ppl I met on there. It can be annoying at Times but so can Fab. I left it because I dont want a relationship. Fab more straight forward. More honest!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

the best I think is Fabswingers.

By *aGaGagging for itCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Many of them.use the same database so it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Also, if you put up a profile and join as a free member (which means you can't read messages) expect to get spoof messages from attractive people to make you join as a paid member. Having said that, we met on a dating site and are still together after 5 years.

over a year ago

"Many of them.use the same database so it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Also, if you put up a profile and join as a free member (which means you can't read messages) expect to get spoof messages from attractive people to make you join as a paid member. Having said that, we met on a dating site and are still together after 5 years."

I don't think it matters what site you are on, if you have a crap profile. No decent pictures , your not going to succeed .

Any profile is an advert for you, and if you can't take the time and effort to write something at least half decent, why would anyone think you are anything less than half hearted in real life

over a year ago

I'm gonna setup/online dating site where my hobbies include talking to myself in the dark, driving with no shoes on & short walks over hot coals..

...just to see who responds...

over a year ago

Match affinity, had lots of genuine dates from that site. G.

over a year ago

"I'm gonna setup/online dating site where my hobbies include talking to myself in the dark, driving with no shoes on & short walks over hot coals..

...just to see who responds... "

See that's the kind of profile I would respond to!

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I was on okcupid and pof. Tinder is really popular now. I know quite a few people who have met and are now dating from these sites. Me - I deleted all my profiles and met someone a few weeks later at a swingers club. You never know where you can meet your partner. X

over a year ago

POF members on here! no wonder it's so hard meeting people on this site

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I met a guy on tinder had a date but there was no spark....met a few on POF...I find dating hard work lol

By *rs and Mr PandoraCouple
over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

The paid sites are no better than the free ones in my opinion. Did online dating for 3:years. POF, match, ok cupid, badoo (more of a social site but maybe worth a look) and a few more I can't even remember the names of lol

Didn't find what I wanted till I joined fab though.

Good luck

Pandora

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan
over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

I used to be on POF and OK Cupid and found them both to be ok, others are a con with fake messaged to get you to pay up I am sure.

I was only at a Domme friends last night and she was saying that her and her new bloke have been finding lots of kinky experimental people on OK Cupid to play with.

over a year ago

"The ratio of men to women works in my favour. Why? Because obviously with lots of men, there are going to be lots of idiots and lots of atrocious profiles which makes me and my profile stand out. I have no issue with this site. It works well for me. "

Amen brother

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"I met a guy on tinder had a date but there was no spark....met a few on POF...I find dating hard work lol "

It is hard work indeed. Especially when they moan about ex's all night. My best was a guy who looked nothing like his picture. Had bad breath. Bits of tissue all over his face where he had cut himself shaving. Then he proceeded to tell me why he had no friends and the world was a bad place. I had never drank coffee so quick in my life. I think I scorched my throat.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I met a guy on tinder had a date but there was no spark....met a few on POF...I find dating hard work lol

It is hard work indeed. Especially when they moan about ex's all night. My best was a guy who looked nothing like his picture. Had bad breath. Bits of tissue all over his face where he had cut himself shaving. Then he proceeded to tell me why he had no friends and the world was a bad place. I had never drank coffee so quick in my life. I think I scorched my throat. "

My best date was someone that was clearly 10 years older....he looked filthy I never went so quick I didn't even have a drink...I do get a few that talk about ex's...women say men are bad at the way they treat women....I' beg to differ with how women treat men....

over a year ago

I had a pof date Saturday. It was really dulllll. I turned down a date off here for it. I've decided vanilla dating is not for me

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I once joined P.O.F. and got a cock pic from a bloke in response to my sweet sweet profile.

I looked at it like this

And replied like this

over a year ago

I got a pof message asking how wet I got when I cum. Had to check id logged on the right site...

By *aul n PleasureCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Think pof has a high ratio of attached men

over a year ago

My friend uses POF as a sex contact site just like people use this one

When she first joined she was a bit shocked to go on cam to say hello to someone only to be faced with a cock waving at her

She soon got over it

Post new Message to Thread