Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm going to hate myself but...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've got to do this repeat rant. I've got to. One of my pet hates about this site surfaced this morning and dragged its ragged fingernail down the blackboard of my mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, the word "genuine" does not mean what you think it means and when used on a profile does not mean that the person/people won't turn out to be the slime covered spawn of beelzebub.

Someone had a moan about single guys again and immediately all the genuine guys were on the defensive, not wanting to be tarred with the same brush.

"They're not genuine, pick me"

"No don't listen to them, they're not genuine, I'm genuine pick me"

"I'm genuine and so's my wife, pick us"

You see the problem? Every bastard calls themselves genuine. It doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else. It's not a guarantee of quality. It doesn't mean you'll turn up. It doesn't mean you'll be any good if you do.

The word Genuine means something which has its provenance and origins verified. Like a painting which has had it's ownership throughout the years researched and checks done to ensure it was painted by whom it is claimed. But you can do all these things to verify that a painting is a genuine Rembrant for example, and it can still turn out to be made by some master forger in a stinking basement somewhere in China.

Its the same with people on here, you can be verified up the ying yang and still turn out to be a twunt. A personal example: A month ago I arranged to meet a guy who I'd met before, had fun with and verified. He saw I was free and had a LTM posted for a Friday night, got in touch and set it up. The night before messaged to ask if I was still ok with it. Said in a message he was looking forward to it and wouldn't let me down. Promised to phone me the next afternoon by 3 prior to meeting at 5:30.

Fuck all. Never called, never turned up. Was on and offline here twice between 3 and 5. Blocked and reported. Had genuine in his profile. I was one of the ones that verified him!

So my conclusion is this: The word means nothing in the context of this site so stop fucking using it like a magic talisman that you think will open bedroom doors across the land. As I guarantee even the serial fantasists have it on their profile which has devalued any meaning it may once have had.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

JustJ0die Your letters here are becoming a favorite as you have a way with words .

over a year ago

Is Twunt a genuine word verified by a genuine person ?

Mr G Twunt

over a year ago

Now take a deep breath and enjoy your day.

over a year ago

Love this post, funny and so bloody true :0)) xx

over a year ago

Jodie........I salute you! Your epic rants are the highlight of rant Thursday and always as eloquent as they can be venomous

over a year ago

Phew...............anyone else been and checked to see if they have the 'g' word in their profile text

over a year ago

To some here its all a game fab is. And will never really meet. Maybe have a dream and a hand job and a chat and that's fab for them all they need from this site .. You Jodie maybe a lot of Mens dreams but in the cold light of day just cant as not genuine just dreamers.

over a year ago

"Phew...............anyone else been and checked to see if they have the 'g' word in their profile text "

i don't think i do but Im 'genuinely' not trying to get meets atm

over a year ago

"Jodie........I salute you! Your epic rants are the highlight of rant Thursday and always as eloquent as they can be venomous "
was going to but was thinking if there I must be as real . lol

over a year ago

Brilliant post.

over a year ago

"Love this post, funny and so bloody true :0)) xx"

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

That's put a smile on my face this morning.

A week Saturday when we are on the Leeds night out and we need a title for this event, methinks, I'll be tempted to bribe some local ne'er do well to annoy you all day, just so I can watch you do a rant in person, live and in the front row.

The scenario I envisage is that for a fiver (it's Yorkshire, they'll do owt for a fiver) I get some local to orchestrate 8 guys to ask you if you are called Selena. Throughout the day people keep asking you at inopportune moments if you know this Selena. Come the evening, you will have had it up to here. It takes that long to get up to here, because of the length of your legs. Then the final person asks you and you snap, right in the middle of The Viaduct's lounge bar. You pull out an unfolding soap box from your handbag, press a button on it so it unfolds automatically and then step onto it. You then vent forth with a rant, calling into question, in no particular order, the parentage, IQ, social grace, personal hygiene, mental wellbeing, dress sense and even shoe size of people who ask others if they know someone called Selena.

I film said rant, release on youtube, it goes viral, I become your manager, until we work up a double act, we become the next biggest thing since Jewel and Warris and we invest in an extinct volcano and minions and go on to world domination....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I am genuinely shocked by your OP! A repeat?

What is this site coming to?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

It's the genuine professionals you need to watch on here. Those guys are hard core.

over a year ago

Lol this made me giggle...

over a year ago

"That's put a smile on my face this morning.

A week Saturday when we are on the Leeds night out and we need a title for this event, methinks, I'll be tempted to bribe some local ne'er do well to annoy you all day, just so I can watch you do a rant in person, live and in the front row.

The scenario I envisage is that for a fiver (it's Yorkshire, they'll do owt for a fiver) I get some local to orchestrate 8 guys to ask you if you are called Selena. Throughout the day people keep asking you at inopportune moments if you know this Selena. Come the evening, you will have had it up to here. It takes that long to get up to here, because of the length of your legs. Then the final person asks you and you snap, right in the middle of The Viaduct's lounge bar. You pull out an unfolding soap box from your handbag, press a button on it so it unfolds automatically and then step onto it. You then vent forth with a rant, calling into question, in no particular order, the parentage, IQ, social grace, personal hygiene, mental wellbeing, dress sense and even shoe size of people who ask others if they know someone called Selena.

I film said rant, release on youtube, it goes viral, I become your manager, until we work up a double act, we become the next biggest thing since Jewel and Warris and we invest in an extinct volcano and minions and go on to world domination.... "

Now that.............I'd pay good money to see

over a year ago

Jodie, you're a star x

over a year ago

"Is Twunt a genuine word verified by a genuine person ?

Mr G Twunt "

Think it needs to be verified by the Oxford Dictionary to be genuine - but still love it all the same

over a year ago

Brilliant xx

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I film said rant, release on youtube, it goes viral, I become your manager, until we work up a double act, we become the next biggest thing since Jewel and Warris and we invest in an extinct volcano and minions and go on to world domination.... "

I'd do pretty much anything to be on that night out with you two!!!

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

And Jodie... I genuinely love you a little but more each day!

over a year ago

I film said rant, release on youtube, it goes viral, I become your manager, until we work up a double act, we become the next biggest thing since Jewel and Warris and we invest in an extinct volcano and minions and go on to world domination....

I'd do pretty much anything to be on that night out with you two!!! "

yes would be a good night I am coming too .. if they are .

over a year ago

I genuinely enjoyed that, and im going to now use the word 'twunt' claiming it to be my own, how dis-ingenuine of me

over a year ago

Dear Selena,

I am Genuine.

Love,

Marjorie x

over a year ago

"Dear Selena,

I am Genuine.

Love,

Marjorie x

"

I would actually love it if you were called Marjorie.

You suit it.

Love Gerald x

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Oi,, a fivers a lot of cash for us Northern folks ya kno', Times are tuff in these ere parts , nah I m off to flea my Whippet ,

over a year ago

You need a stage and a Mic.....I would so pay good money for an hour of your rants......brilliant observational comedy gold!

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

So you're not a fan of the word genuine on here? I'm getting a mild feeling that might be the case.

over a year ago

"Dear Selena,

I am Genuine.

Love,

Marjorie x

I would actually love it if you were called Marjorie.

You suit it.

Love Gerald x"

You are much too handsome to be a Gerald.

Love Marjorie x

over a year ago

"I am genuinely shocked by your OP! A repeat?

What is this site coming to?"

I know. I do feel bad about it. Must try harder.

And Tina, unfortunately all that plan is likely to ellicit from me is a poorly sung version of That's Not My Name in a Karaoke bar.

Now if you really want to annoy, get them to ask to feel my tits. (Go go gadget soapbox)

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Thats the genuinly ungenuine gang your having problems with. . .easy mistake lo make . .

over a year ago

Like the genuine "straight" men who fuck the trannies

Genuine no single men.

Genuine straight

Genuine not into men

Trannies are men in women's cloths GENUINE

over a year ago

"Like the genuine "straight" men who fuck the trannies

Genuine no single men.

Genuine straight

Genuine not into men

"

I think someone might genuinely take offence at those statements

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/14 10:17:24]

over a year ago

Genuine no single men.

Genuine straight

Genuine not into men

I think someone might genuinely take offence at those statements "

I'm still trying to work out whether I should be offended or if it's an attempt at satire? I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

over a year ago

LOVE this post!

over a year ago

I 100% genuinely agree with the OP.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Genuine no single men.

Genuine straight

Genuine not into men

I think someone might genuinely take offence at those statements

I'm still trying to work out whether I should be offended or if it's an attempt at satire? I'll get back to you when I figure it out."

I think it's more like "he fucked a trannie but turned me down?! How very dare he!"

I can rarely bring myself to be offended by sour grapes so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

By *exycleanerWoman
over a year ago

pontefract

from me too cos on another thread some guy thinks cos they have verifications that makes them ok ,i know to my cost this particular person is a wank##

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I ve genuinely spent time on this theorum,

The more genuine a person is, is inversely proportional to the amount of genuines in a profile text

Expressed as formula

T w a t = g

Where

T = time

w= wasted

a = actually

t = typing

g = genuine

over a year ago

"I ve genuinely spent time on this theorum,

The more genuine a person is, is inversely proportional to the amount of genuines in a profile text

Expressed as formula

T w a t = g

Where

T = time

w= wasted

a = actually

t = typing

g = genuine

"

I had noticed the number of genuines in some profiles but never considered the relationship. And they say maths is no good in the real world.

over a year ago

I don't even remember what my profile says these days I really need to get round to updating it

Post new Message to Thread