Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

St goerges day today.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We celebrate that st. George drove the feared dragons from these shores so that we can live safely.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've got a Dragon in ma backyard that I'm gonna slay later, just to get me in the mood you understand

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

[Removed by poster at 23/04/14 15:39:51]

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol."
what?! You don't know at 6pm you spose ta wear a hankie on ya head ( knotted at each corner ) , trousers rolled up to ya knees ... And a cold pint in ya hand... Big parade at Crystal Palace tonight ... Be there or be square!! Lol

over a year ago

"Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol. what?! You don't know at 6pm you spose ta wear a hankie on ya head ( knotted at each corner ) , trousers rolled up to ya knees ... And a cold pint in ya hand... Big parade at Crystal Palace tonight ... Be there or be square!! Lol "
lol didnt know palace had a parade today, might check it out lol will bring some fanta

over a year ago

Yes we can celebrate it's my birthday ha ha!

over a year ago

"We celebrate that st. George drove the feared dragons from these shores so that we can live safely. "
Ah yes and thanks good day to celebrate it on, nice and warm.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol. what?! You don't know at 6pm you spose ta wear a hankie on ya head ( knotted at each corner ) , trousers rolled up to ya knees ... And a cold pint in ya hand... Big parade at Crystal Palace tonight ... Be there or be square!! Lol lol didnt know palace had a parade today, might check it out lol will bring some fanta "
yeap it's tradition! Lol

over a year ago

"We celebrate that st. George drove the feared dragons from these shores so that we can live safely. Ah yes and thanks good day to celebrate it on, nice and warm."

It would have been a lot warmer if those pesky dragons were still roaming this green and pleasant land.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol."

Can't really believe you never heard of St George's day, lol, how long have you been living in England?

Maybe not as well known as St Patricks day, but i think its about time the English celebrate St Georges like the Irish celebrate St Patricks.

over a year ago

According to most versions, he was born in Turkey, had a Greek father and never actually came to England. The dragon story originated in Libya. Never quite sure why he's "our" patron saint.

over a year ago

"Have anyone got a clue what they celebrate today? First time I heard of it lol. what?! You don't know at 6pm you spose ta wear a hankie on ya head ( knotted at each corner ) , trousers rolled up to ya knees ... And a cold pint in ya hand... Big parade at Crystal Palace tonight ... Be there or be square!! Lol lol didnt know palace had a parade today, might check it out lol will bring some fanta yeap it's tradition! Lol "
YEs and a good tradition as well, why not, might as well bring some popcorn lol.

over a year ago

"According to most versions, he was born in Turkey, had a Greek father and never actually came to England. The dragon story originated in Libya. Never quite sure why he's "our" patron saint."
it was him or David moyes ?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

If my facebook feed is anything to go by it's an opportunity for the more questionable people I used to know at school to demonstrate their ignorance of anything beyond our shores

Post new Message to Thread