Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Breastfeeding at 5 ....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Here we go again ....an attention seeking Mum is raving about how good she feels about breastfeeding her 5 year old daughter in public .

She plans to carry on till her daughter is 7 , and yet her own family are saying it's wrong .

Since there is no evidence to support her theory that it's good for the girl , she insists it's her choice and anyone else can keep their opinions to themselves .

So what do you guys think ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bitty

over a year ago

" Bitty"
you had to say it

over a year ago

" Bittyyou had to say it "

Yes, I tried not to but my fingers were operating independently of the rest of me, like a ouija board.

over a year ago

Don't ya just hate it when that happens. Of all the things they could have typed it had to be that. Why not 'mr and mrs naughty, we think you're so hot we gotta have you right now'

over a year ago

" Bitty"

Huh ?

Am I missing something ?

over a year ago

All sounds a little odd but hey, what another person does that doesn't directly affect our lives is of no real interest. Leave her to it.......

over a year ago

" Bitty

Huh ?

Am I missing something ?

"

Was a comedy sketch (quite revolting) where a grown man still wants to be breastfed and says 'bitty' constantly to his mother until she relents and lets him indulge.

over a year ago

" Bitty

Huh ?

Am I missing something ?

Was a comedy sketch (quite revolting) where a grown man still wants to be breastfed and says 'bitty' constantly to his mother until she relents and lets him indulge."

Ah ..Thanks

over a year ago

i thought you meant 5 in the morning. what a weirdo. poor kid will get teased.

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

its out of order. . .milky milky. . .

over a year ago

Some women love the closeness. So I hear. It's hard for some women to move on.

It can't be good for the child though

over a year ago

they say breast milk makes a child more intellegent.

so im guessing she is trying to create a super villain then (as most highly intellegent never turn out to be superheros. what did sheldon say? its amazing how many villains have advance doctorates. maybe they should rethink the enrollment procedure)

that said, yes, the child will be teased relentlessly, with it now being in the public domain.

jesus, kids get hassle for wetting the bed, so god knows what she will get for sucking on her moms tits.

does the breast still produce milk that long after childbirth?

over a year ago

must say, with the news the 13 year old had just had a kid, i thought it was about a new young mum!?

over a year ago

"Some women love the closeness. So I hear. It's hard for some women to move on.

It can't be good for the child though "

yes your right .. i maybe could understand it more if little food around and was the only was of feeding the child.

over a year ago

i didnt breast feed my son and hes very inteligent, and tall.

over a year ago

I breast fed both my children but the thought if carrying on with it until the age of 7 actually turns my stomach a little

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Oh er! Logical head tells me the natural progression of weaning ( and teeth) kinda suggests the nxt stage is solid foods and breast milk no longer needed as all the nutriants/ vitamins are available in a balanced diet. Yeap there will always be exceptions to the ' normal' ways people do things. Can't help but wonder if infact this is all to do with the childs " best interest" or just Mummy Dearest not wanting her baby to grow up? Surley the child's natural development with others, sch, friends etc should also come into the equasion?? But there ya go, some just need to be different and enjoy the controversy it radiates! All i keep thinking of is... Teeth!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Perhaps it is a belated protest against Thatcher?

Possibly she went to visit an Austrian relative and has just got out of his cellar and read the paper?

By *amamanMan
over a year ago

Inverness and around. ...

"Perhaps it is a belated protest against Thatcher?

Possibly she went to visit an Austrian relative and has just got out of his cellar and read the paper?

"

over a year ago

As soon as. Child is big enough to ask for it, its wrong!!!

over a year ago

I fed all mine until two and a bit years. You don't notice teeth at all. It is hard to stop when your child doesn't want to. There was also no good reason for me to stop. I just did the night time only feed after the age of about one. I think five is a bit old. I don't think they would be teased though. Each to their own I say. It's a lovely thing

By *eryCuriousCouple2012Couple
over a year ago

Funville

It's well know that breastfeeding is definitely superior to any other form of feeding for babies and indeed up until 2 years old is recommended (WHO). It increases the bond between mother and baby, helps the mother lose weight, helps retract the uterus after birth, reduces the risk of cancer, boosts the babies immune system, increases mother and babies health, boosts intelligence and is free!

Having said all that...5 years old??!! Eewww

over a year ago

It certainly makes a change for everyone to agree on a topic

over a year ago

If I was a parent I'd want my children to reach a level of independence in life so they could cope with what it throws at them. I have no strong feeling either way but I suspect having them still latched on at 5 would probably hinder that growth from the onset? Aren't a lot of our behavioural patterns set very young in life?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

she insists it's her choice and anyone else can keep their opinions to themselves .

So what do you guys think ?"

I think that!

over a year ago

"

she insists it's her choice and anyone else can keep their opinions to themselves .

I think that!"

So that being the case why would she choose to plaster it all over the papers ?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

I think that!

"

That is a bit daft but I do think it's her choice although I wouldn't have done it myself. I stopped when I wanted to conceive again.

over a year ago

"

I think that!

"

shes a weirdo.

over a year ago

"

I think that!

shes a weirdo. "

Poor kid.

over a year ago

"

I think that!

"

Blame the newspaper. They don't have to print it. I have heard plenty of stories about people who have had papers say "either talk to us or we will slate you". Also she could be struggling financially and the extra cash helped. You just don't know.

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

She's absolutely right. It's her choice and nobody elses business.

*Her*

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

" Bitty

Huh ?

Am I missing something ?

Was a comedy sketch (quite revolting) where a grown man still wants to be breastfed and says 'bitty' constantly to his mother until she relents and lets him indulge."

Still, it could've been worse - I had a mental image of bits of clotted cream for a moment.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Of course its her choice and no one else's business....until she shoves the story in peoples faces by selling to a newspaper etc!!

Personally I think it is wrong. There is no reason to breast feed a child after their teeth comes in. That's natures way if saying they are ready for solid food!

Some may say its selfish but there may be deeper psychological reasons for her wanting yo continue breast feeding. Maintaining a bond only mother and child can have etc.

over a year ago

"Of course its her choice and no one else's business....until she shoves the story in peoples faces by selling to a newspaper etc!!

Personally I think it is wrong. There is no reason to breast feed a child after their teeth comes in. That's natures way if saying they are ready for solid food!

Some may say its selfish but there may be deeper psychological reasons for her wanting yo continue breast feeding. Maintaining a bond only mother and child can have etc. "

Sometimes they have teeth when they are born. So that can't be right. Also, when solids start it's a gradual thing and they still need lots of milk. You are advised as a new mum to try breastfeeding until they are at least two years old. What's more wierd that or drinking milk from another species.

X

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Of course its her choice and no one else's business....until she shoves the story in peoples faces by selling to a newspaper etc!!

Some may say its selfish but there may be deeper psychological reasons for her wanting yo continue breast feeding. Maintaining a bond only mother and child can have etc.

Sometimes they have teeth when they are born. So that can't be right. Also, when solids start it's a gradual thing and they still need lots of milk. You are advised as a new mum to try breastfeeding until they are at least two years old. What's more wierd that or drinking milk from another species.

X"

First time the kid grinds its teeth on a bit of gristle... munch.. crunch.

Post new Message to Thread