Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Moving on .....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...... from a realtionship ending, is there a wrong or right way to do it?

Personally I'm a dust yourself off n get back out there straight away, not to rebound into a new relationship, just for a bit of fun n the rush of flirting etc. I do realise how this can be insensitive to the other person, especially in the instance that your the one that's ended it and then your are straight back out there "rubbing it in their face" so to speak, that's never my intention by it, just my way of doing things, if its over way sit and dwell on it, think its the better approach but that's just me love to know what others think

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is a hard one .

When I split from my wife , I gave her space . She hounded me !!

Only way to get the message across to her was to get back out there. The fact she's the mother of my children , I couldn't do it . Didn't want to see her hurt anymore then she already was. Had 7 months of pestering and phone calls before she understood it was over.

Maybe I was just being a chicken and not being harsh enough .

over a year ago

"This is a hard one .

When I split from my wife , I gave her space . She hounded me !!

Only way to get the message across to her was to get back out there. The fact she's the mother of my children , I couldn't do it . Didn't want to see her hurt anymore then she already was. Had 7 months of pestering and phone calls before she understood it was over.

Maybe I was just being a chicken and not being harsh enough . "

I know exactly what u mean, your consideration of her feelings was very noble but that noble caring side of you was probably giving her false hope that you could reconcile

over a year ago

You got it in one !! Not a nice place to be in as I'm not that sort of person .

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's important to have cast iron fixed boundaries, after you split. Avoid anything that could hint at a potential opening for it to rekindle. It's being cruel to be kind, sometimes, as it may be soothing for all parties to spend some time together. But that can just draw out the pain and increase false hopes.

You've got to rebuild and establish yourself again, as a single person, not just half of a couple. How you do it is what works for you. We're sexual beasts, so sex and passion can help to divert us.

If you're going out on the pull, it's wise to do it as sensitively as possible, to your ex's feelings. You keep their hopes diminished not by rubbing noses in it, but by communicating things very explicitly, that there is no future for you both.

Your emotions need to settle down - even as the partner ending something, you've perhaps been in love, and falling out of love takes some energy, as you reverse what happened when you got into it. So I make sure there's also plenty of rest time for me, in addition to the exciting stuff. You may have a type of grieving to do, over lost dreams of what may have been etc. You'd not try to force the hand of grief, after someone's death, so it's fair to also ensure you get to move at the right pace for you, whenever you've left something or someone behind.

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

i thought my last relationship was for life and still just feels weird gettin close to anyone else. . . .so far . .

over a year ago

Its different for everyone you have to put it in the past though dwelling on things isn't good for you.

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

They always say the way to get over a bloke is to.......get under another!!!!

over a year ago

I have found it hard after a so called fwb from here. Think it's funny now in a way he's not fussy fucking everything that moves!. Way I see it glad I had him first as sloppy seconds ain't my style hahaha

over a year ago

"They always say the way to get over a bloke is to.......get under another!!!! "

haha my motto exactly

By *inky pWoman
over a year ago

leicester

Still love and think about my x 20 times + a day.he's moved on an I play on here,just the way life is I suppose.we all get on with it,an find ways of dealing with the changes.

over a year ago

Straight out and shag someone

over a year ago

"They always say the way to get over a bloke is to.......get under another!!!! "

You took the words right out of my mouth

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed & sobbed for literally minutes, then went out, got pissed and pulled a new hot chick

over a year ago

I split up 5 weeks ago. I will not be ready for another relationship for a wile even though I was the one to say its over. I need time to settle me.

Post new Message to Thread