By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Nowt strange as folk

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Can't you eat the food without her being there? If you can then that's not a reason to be pissed off lol

It is weird. Maybe it was something you said, maybe something has happened in her personal life or maybe she just got cold feet.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe you said something during the conversation that made her change her mind.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Maybe you inadvertently said something on the phone that put her off without realising it.

It's a shame to get let down last minute though and I suppose at least she let you know eventually before you cooked the food etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you said something during the conversation that made her change her mind. "

My first thought too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very frustrating I agree. Especially as you have gone to the expense of buying food. Sometimes I guess you'll never know why. Does seem odd to block you though without explaining.

Why not put a "meet today" up & see what happens ! The day may turn out better than you expect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you said something during the conversation that made her change her mind. "

Women are odd mate they are mental and unpredictable compared to us blokes

Just because a woman wants one thing now 3 seconds later she changed her mind

It could have been anything that put her off in real life women ignore calls rather than just say no

It's no different here than anywhere else

And when Ypu realise that you will have more sex

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can't you eat the food without her being there? If you can then that's not a reason to be pissed off lol

It is weird. Maybe it was something you said, maybe something has happened in her personal life or maybe she just got cold feet. "

The food is not the reason i'm pissed off, its the fact that people lead you along and i don't think anything has happened in her life and never said anything to offend or upset her as she seemed quite happy when we was on the phone, then literally seconds later blocked lol.And anyway you try eating a whole leg of lamb lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you said something during the conversation that made her change her mind.

It could have been anything that put her off in real life women ignore calls rather than just say no

"

Women are no more odd than men and as we only have one side of the story who's to say what really happened.

Maybe if the lady in question realised a thread had been started about her then no doubt she'd be highly pissed off. Maybe she should start a thread of her own giving her side of events!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It takes a fair bit of courage for a single Lady to meet a guy she has only ever chatted to on line or by txt, to meet him at his house, maybe you should have had a social at a place she was comfortable.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think if you had said something on the phone that put her off, the very least she could have done was send a text or be an adult and actually say it on the phone.

The block button is a feature of the site & she saw fit to use it.

Don't give it another thought

good luck

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

but at least you knew she wasn't coming.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Can't you eat the food without her being there? If you can then that's not a reason to be pissed off lol

It is weird. Maybe it was something you said, maybe something has happened in her personal life or maybe she just got cold feet.

The food is not the reason i'm pissed off, its the fact that people lead you along and i don't think anything has happened in her life and never said anything to offend or upset her as she seemed quite happy when we was on the phone, then literally seconds later blocked lol.And anyway you try eating a whole leg of lamb lol"

Have ya seen my pics?? That's an entre lol

I do honestly get why you're pissed off but unfortunately it's not going to change things so best to brush yourself off, chalk it up to experience and move on.

Sadly experiences like this are the reason most men choose not to go the extra mile and do nice things for meets.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Shame, it's cowardly and ill mannered I agree.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you said something during the conversation that made her change her mind.

Women are no more odd than men and as we only have one side of the story who's to say what really happened.

Maybe if the lady in question realised a thread had been started about her then no doubt she'd be highly pissed off. Maybe she should start a thread of her own giving her side of events!!"

Funnily enough Paula says the same as you about men .

But seriously some guys just don't get it that women are totally different species to men and what women like is not what men like , you know what I am trying to say .

Oh yes nothing like starting a thread in the open forums about a woman being unreliable to guarantee future meets lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think that men and women are as bad as each other in most things.

"

Reply privately

By *arnaclebillMan
over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"It really amazes me why people do it. I have been emailing texting and even talking on the phone with a woman for the past week and a bit and we had arranged a meet at mine today and all seemed good.

Spoke on the phone a couple of times last night and after saying good night, i came on Fab only to have found i had been blocked. So i sent a text asking why and no reply, i then sent another asking if today was still on or off and a reply came back saying "off".

To say i'm pissed off is an understatement, as i went shopping to buy some food to cook something and now its all for nothing.

Surely the people at Fab can get their IP address and block them from ever using the site again.

"

Join the club Mate. Happens to quite a few of us. Put it down top experience an move on.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My initial thought too.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"It takes a fair bit of courage for a single Lady to meet a guy she has only ever chatted to on line or by txt, to meet him at his house, maybe you should have had a social at a place she was comfortable. "

This!

I've got balls of steel and wouldn't go to a strangers house for sex without meeting them socially on neutral ground first. Perhaps something you said inadvertently made her question the wisdom of meeting you op.

Of course you don't think you've said anything untoward!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It takes a fair bit of courage for a single Lady to meet a guy she has only ever chatted to on line or by txt, to meet him at his house, maybe you should have had a social at a place she was comfortable.

This!

I've got balls of steel and wouldn't go to a strangers house for sex without meeting them socially on neutral ground first. Perhaps something you said inadvertently made her question the wisdom of meeting you op.

"

So why didn't she say that she wanted a public social in the first place?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Or of course maybe she likes the chase, talks the talk but never goes through with it.

Could have just got unlucky..

You might not have done a thing wrong.. chin up xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

that's why a social meet first in costa coffee is always a good idea, you can both suss each other out.

cook the lamb and have a big blowout Sunday Lunch..!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It takes a fair bit of courage for a single Lady to meet a guy she has only ever chatted to on line or by txt, to meet him at his house, maybe you should have had a social at a place she was comfortable.

This!

So why didn't she say that she wanted a public social in the first place?"

Offered to meet socially in the week but was declined saying she was busy, which i can understand, but the point of it all is if they don't intend to meet why lead people along and waste their time.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

This!

So why didn't she say that she wanted a public social in the first place?"

God knows!

Some people get caught up in the moment, some piss take: who knows what goes on in some peoples head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Laughable some of the comments on here. The woman has totally led him on and he's the bad guy. So they chat for a week and suddenly at the last minute he says something wrong. More like she's married and can't get away from her family. Or likes the attention but doesn't actually want to go through with sex. Nice ego boost for her anyway. Have a nice roast today and curry with leftover lamb tomorrow. We're not all bad mannered like her, some of us are quite normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

This!

Offered to meet socially in the week but was declined saying she was busy, which i can understand, but the point of it all is if they don't intend to meet why lead people along and waste their time."

I agree if she had changed her mind (which she is entitled to do) she should have let you no straight away!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/14 09:29:34]

Reply privately

over a year ago

The worst kind of timewaster is one who removes their profile after a meet.

My first experience of this... Arghhh

Reply privately

over a year ago

It can also happen to women trying to meet women too. On my single profile, I had organised a social meet with a lady whom seemed very keen to meet me, but several days before the social meet, all went quiet, even though she was still active on this site - even on the day of the meet. On the day I texted her to confirm the meet and still no word, and nothing since. Just have to put it down to experience and move on. It can happen to anybody.

P

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

This!

Offered to meet socially in the week but was declined saying she was busy, which i can understand, but the point of it all is if they don't intend to meet why lead people along and waste their time."

Lesson learned!

I always insist on a social meet (yes, in Costas) during my lunch hour. If they can't make it I don't continue contact.

In six years, no shows = 0!

If someone is "too busy" for a coffee will they have time to do justice to a roast lunch, time for food to digest and then fuck you bandy?!!

Better luck next time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Laughable some of the comments on here. The woman has totally led him on and he's the bad guy. So they chat for a week and suddenly at the last minute he says something wrong. More like she's married and can't get away from her family. Or likes the attention but doesn't actually want to go through with sex. Nice ego boost for her anyway. Have a nice roast today and curry with leftover lamb tomorrow. We're not all bad mannered like her, some of us are quite normal "

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

She could have scoffed the food and them politely or not made her excuses and ran. The run up to a meet is a selection process, and for some people may have involved several candidates. It is also possible that her husband's shift pattern or babysitters plans changed. We do not know. Meanwhile, what are you cooking? If it sounds tasty, then company for you is possible. Could even have a verification for the gorgeous food and shag.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Laughable some of the comments on here. The woman has totally led him on and he's the bad guy. So they chat for a week and suddenly at the last minute he says something wrong. More like she's married and can't get away from her family. Or likes the attention but doesn't actually want to go through with sex. Nice ego boost for her anyway. Have a nice roast today and curry with leftover lamb tomorrow. We're not all bad mannered like her, some of us are quite normal "

Reply privately

over a year ago

This!

Offered to meet socially in the week but was declined saying she was busy, which i can understand, but the point of it all is if they don't intend to meet why lead people along and waste their time.

Lesson learned!

I always insist on a social meet (yes, in Costas) during my lunch hour. If they can't make it I don't continue contact.

In six years, no shows = 0!

If someone is "too busy" for a coffee will they have time to do justice to a roast lunch, time for food to digest and then fuck you bandy?!!

Better luck next time. "

This! ^

Reply privately

over a year ago

my initial thought is that she felt it was going too quickly and was too much.

no idea if this phantom woman was verified or not but a last thing at night couple of phonecalls and a nighty night thing would seem to be a little lovey dovey.

maybe she just thought you were getting a little clingy.

who knows.

Reply privately

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

im cofuddled . .how can you text someone Thats blocked?. . .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The worst kind of timewaster is one who removes their profile after a meet.

My first experience of this... Arghhh"

a timewaster is someone who does something to annoy you AFTER meeting you?

well thats a new one on me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"my initial thought is that she felt it was going too quickly and was too much.

no idea if this phantom woman was verified or not but a last thing at night couple of phonecalls and a nighty night thing would seem to be a little lovey dovey.

who knows."

I like the way you are presuming he rang her.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

well thats a new one on me"

Reply privately

over a year ago

All talk I'm afraid, even if you had of said something untoward, in fairness a reason would of been given.

Next time don't make so much fuss, meet in a pub or coffee shop, and go from there.

Maybe a married woman, leading you up the path, enjoying attention.

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows."

I received a text saying call me so i did and the goodnight was at the end of the call, nothing lovey dovey in that just courtesy lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had the same experience last week, even had a hotel room booked for this Tuesday.

Then blocked, then the profile vanished from the site ...

I am going back to insisting on a social at a location of their choosing again. If they no show its no matter, minimal investment of time and can be quite pleasant sat in a busy pub garden in the sun chilling.

There do seem to be rather a lot of very enthusiastic people on here who suddenly change at the last minute. I think they like the chase but are scared of something.

Me, I'll meet anyone (social) as I love a good chat and a giggle and meeting new people whether we end up naked or not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im cofuddled . .how can you text someone Thats blocked?. . ."
Sms text lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"im cofuddled . .how can you text someone Thats blocked?. . ."

On a phone maybe??

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've had similar experiences, chatting by txt, phone, seemingly getting on, arranging a social meet then either ignorance to any further contact, blocked or they've deleted their profile. Its frustrating but as it was only a social my time hasn't really been wasted. Sorry this happened OP, better luck with future meets

Reply privately

over a year ago

well thats a new one on me"

wasted her time being nice to him

Reply privately

over a year ago

Socials are the only way. Time is too precious to waste

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows."

you're a proper romantic you are. Most men that want a goodnight chat from me want a wank before bed

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a programme called Catfish, about Internet dating, one guy had been mailing a lovely looking blond girl, for over a year to eventually find out she was actually a black gay guy!

Allway have a social, if they won't have one they say bye and move on

Reply privately

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

ah sorry. get you noo . . .then that is weird . .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows.

I like the way you are presuming he rang her."

didnt say who rang who sdid i?

now whos being presumtuous?

Reply privately

over a year ago

well thats a new one on me

wasted her time being nice to him "

but they met.

i dont get it....

unless he proposed on that first meet, then ran a mile lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

3 times I had meets let me down. Wouldn't of minded but one could have been my first GB. Gutted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows.

now whos being presumtuous?"

That is blatantly what you were implying by saying he may have been getting to clingy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So women are mental eh?

Men are the ones with egos that need soothing.

No not the op x just just the sexist remark that made me realise some men are still living in the dark ages.

Shame on you P

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows.

That is blatantly what you were implying by saying he may have been getting to clingy."

and he did ring her, so there

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So women are mental eh?

No not the op x just just the sexist remark that made me realise some men are still living in the dark ages.

Shame on you P "

erm, women need egos massaging just as much as men, otherwise they wouldnt continuously ask how they look

prance around in next to nothing looking for approval

and make blokes jump through hoops then dash their hopes at the last minute.

living in the dark ages?

not likely, we are living in enlightened times, where women know how to play the game as much, if not more, than any man ever will

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"So women are mental eh?

Shame on you P

erm, women need egos massaging just as much as men, otherwise they wouldnt continuously ask how they look

living in the dark ages?

not likely, we are living in enlightened times, where women know how to play the game as much, if not more, than any man ever will"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've had similar experiences, chatting by txt, phone, seemingly getting on, arranging a social meet then either ignorance to any further contact, blocked or they've deleted their profile. Its frustrating but as it was only a social my time hasn't really been wasted. Sorry this happened OP, better luck with future meets "

People who actually meet get this a lot , but when you get someone who turns up and they are what they say it's so worth the aggro

Reply privately

over a year ago

who knows.

That is blatantly what you were implying by saying he may have been getting to clingy.

and he did ring her, so there "

Lol

Reply privately

By *picyrodMan
over a year ago

great yarmouth

I've been let down a few times there ball tickling they like the thought of someone thinking about them then at the last minute go cold it happens no more meets for me anymore going clubbing try it it's all there

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think this one was definitely a waste of time as the OP went shopping and spent time to get to know the person. However as we will never know why she did what she did then its useless to wonder at her motives. She cancelled the meet (which is more than most do) and blocked the OP. Not very nice, but then why would you want to meet someone who behaves like that?

Do as suggested earlier - put a meet request up. If not successful cook yourself a nice meal and have a beer. Better luck next time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So women are mental eh?

Shame on you P

living in the dark ages?

not likely, we are living in enlightened times, where women know how to play the game as much, if not more, than any man ever will"

extremely well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So women are mental eh?

Shame on you P

living in the dark ages?

not likely, we are living in enlightened times, where women know how to play the game as much, if not more, than any man ever will

extremely well said "

how very DARE you agree with me...lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

No big deal, cant you handle disappointment?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No big deal, cant you handle disappointment?

"

Some people have the skin of a rhino and don't give a shit, water off a ducks back, others are more sensitive but either way, I'd have been disappointed if someone had done that to me, I think anyone would.

Reply privately

By *picyrodMan
over a year ago

great yarmouth

Take it on the chin n move on plenty of genuine people on here

Try n find a needle in the haystack

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/14 11:53:24]

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Im going round to his, no point in letting good food go to waste. Though not seen the menu yet. Probably a bit chilly for a bbq.

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I think this one was definitely a waste of time as the OP went shopping and spent time to get to know the person. However as we will never know why she did what she did then its useless to wonder at her motives. She cancelled the meet (which is more than most do) and blocked the OP. Not very nice, but then why would you want to meet someone who behaves like that?

Do as suggested earlier - put a meet request up. If not successful cook yourself a nice meal and have a beer. Better luck next time."

Good advice... At least she cancelled, some only block after the meet hour has come and gone.

You will probably never know the reasons so just let it go and have a great day anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you said something during theDon't nversation that made her change her mind.

Maybe if the lady in question realised a thread had been started about her then no doubt she'd be highly pissed off. Maybe she should start a thread of her own giving her side of events!!"

Well put. Could be any number of reasons. Don't get how some men think everything is a given, life just ain't like that. So the OP can have a leg of lambover rather than a legover

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

The food is not the reason i'm pissed off, its the fact that people lead you along and i don't think anything has happened in her life and never said anything to offend or upset her as she seemed quite happy when we was on the phone, then literally seconds later blocked lol.And anyway you try eating a whole leg of lamb lol"

I've alway found vegetarians a little flighty

(Joke)

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think this is a good explanation. We have chatted to people, who at first seemed pleasant and normal, and out of the blue, they have made a strange/worrying comment or suggestion. It can be a deal breaker. Some things can't be " un said".

Reply privately

By *ot monkey71Couple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

What will be will be and what will not will not. You can please some of the people some of the time but not all.

Give the food to a homeless shelter then at least you will have made a difference to someone and you may feel a bit better for it.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed the OP sorry

Reply privately