Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ban photoshopped pics?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Should pics that have been heavily photoshopped be banned in the media? I think most people are now aware that adverts etc are photoshopped but it can still give people body image issues.

They are trying to pass a bill in America where the media must state if a photo has been photoshopped...

Good idea? Bad idea?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think people need to take responsibility for themselves.

over a year ago

It should really state on a photo it seems only fair.

over a year ago

Does that apply to photos on Fab ?

over a year ago

"It should really state on a photo it seems only fair. "

Should they do the same for written descriptions that exaggerate?

over a year ago

But this is the only way I can get a meet.

Ahhhh aye!!!!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

In magazines, yes I think they should say if the pictures has been airbrushed etc...but I cannot see a lot of people like Actors/Actresses and Models being happy with that...I may be wrong though.

over a year ago

"Does that apply to photos on Fab ? "

Yes. Except Ryan.

over a year ago

Awareness is never a bad thing. There are many people who are still ignorant of the facts. Even Cindy Crawford said, 'I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford'.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Yes, I think there should be a standard mark. No one will list all of the work that has been done on the image but perhaps through QR codes.

Hair products and mascara ads now at least have to say that inserts have been used to achieve the look.

over a year ago

"In magazines, yes I think they should say if the pictures has been airbrushed etc...but I cannot see a lot of people like Actors/Actresses and Models being happy with that...I may be wrong though."

I think there was a lot of them pissed off when HD came out.

over a year ago

There are no photographs in magazines that haven't been digitally modified in some way...it's just the degree of manipulation that varies.

Seriously ... There are places in India etc that batch prepare 'shopped' pics for a price.

It's possible that 'news' pics aren't modified, but I even doubt that tbh (even if it's a bit of colour balance work)

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"In magazines, yes I think they should say if the pictures has been airbrushed etc...but I cannot see a lot of people like Actors/Actresses and Models being happy with that...I may be wrong though.

I think there was a lot of them pissed off when HD came out. "

Agents were furiously renegotiating contracts....

over a year ago

They could add notices to inform of makeup, plastic surgery, body enhancing clothing and flattering angles too.

over a year ago

"Yes, I think there should be a standard mark. No one will list all of the work that has been done on the image but perhaps through QR codes.

Hair products and mascara ads now at least have to say that inserts have been used to achieve the look.

"

I agree and noticed that a lot, especially for Mascara x

over a year ago

There seems to be a spate of 'before and after' shots lately. Madonna and Lady Gaga are two I remember.

Plus I saw something where they got 'non-celeb' women and photoshopped them. That was eye opening.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Yes, I think it is a bit out of hand now. You see all these great looking pics and know they aren't all they are cracked up to be. It's why I deliberately try to look rough on my pics as an antidote*

*No artificial assistance was required in creating this post, just natural daftness.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"There seems to be a spate of 'before and after' shots lately. Madonna and Lady Gaga are two I remember.

Plus I saw something where they got 'non-celeb' women and photoshopped them. That was eye opening."

I remember a documentary with Gok dealing with Body Dimorphism, he took teenage girls to a fashion shoot and showed then just how much the models in the photographs they wanted to be like were airbrushed...was very interesting and eye opening.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I saw something where they photoshopped a pizza into a woman

Now if you could photoshop in real life I would have my feet done in a moment

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I saw something where they photoshopped a pizza into a woman

Now if you could photoshop in real life I would have my feet done in a moment "

You want your feet to look like Pizza?

over a year ago

"There seems to be a spate of 'before and after' shots lately. Madonna and Lady Gaga are two I remember.

Plus I saw something where they got 'non-celeb' women and photoshopped them. That was eye opening.I remember a documentary with Gok dealing with Body Dimorphism, he took teenage girls to a fashion shoot and showed then just how much the models in the photographs they wanted to be like were airbrushed...was very interesting and eye opening. "

Was it Gok that used to line different sized women up and then ask a woman to stand in the line where she thought she matched their body size? That was mad, they were always in the wrong spot in the line.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Plus I saw something where they got 'non-celeb' women and photoshopped them. That was eye opening.I remember a documentary with Gok dealing with Body Dimorphism, he took teenage girls to a fashion shoot and showed then just how much the models in the photographs they wanted to be like were airbrushed...was very interesting and eye opening.

Was it Gok that used to line different sized women up and then ask a woman to stand in the line where she thought she matched their body size? That was mad, they were always in the wrong spot in the line."

Yes I think it was.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I saw something where they photoshopped a pizza into a woman

Now if you could photoshop in real life I would have my feet done in a moment You want your feet to look like Pizza? "

it would be an improvement on what they look like now but only if it was Italian Meatball pizza

over a year ago

I need to be photoshopped!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

the bottom line is for me ...have i always tried to maintain healthness .yes i have ...i cycle 40 mile a day ...if an illness brings you down ...nothing you can do about it ..thats the luck of the draw !

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

if people dont like the way you look find someone who does ....my tits are pancakes !!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It seems a reasonable proposition to be alerted, as I think that the media have been the main drive behind the millions of us who are unhappy with our bodies and looks. Id prefer adverts to be 100% unmodified, so that the truth shows though.

over a year ago

"It seems a reasonable proposition to be alerted, as I think that the media have been the main drive behind the millions of us who are unhappy with our bodies and looks. Id prefer adverts to be 100% unmodified, so that the truth shows though. "

I don't think they will ever go back to photo's being unmodified.

Everyone is unhappy about some aspect of how they look. I reckon people should concentrate on their good points. Not always easy though. x

over a year ago

I would prefer photos to be unmodified, but that's never going to happen now. So I think a marker of some description to accompany the changed photo would be better. All photos are modified nowadays but at least young people growing up would realise, because they don't seem to at the moment and it's messing with their minds.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

If people have issues with themselves: deal with it! When I look at a picture in a recipe book I know my efforts won't resemble that. Same way I know no matter how much Revlon I slap on, how much Special K I eat I'm never going to look like (a PhotoShopped) Beyonce!

Fact is, if you have issues looking at PhotoShopped models, walking the streets seeing people younger, hotter than you must be an absolute nightmare!

over a year ago

Photoshopping pictures is no different to the media sensationalising news stories or spreading stories. Inaccurate and false reporting has always happened and unlikely to stop.

I'm sure pharmaceutical companies have paid media agencies to spread propaganda about health scares. No different to PR agencies paying media to promote showbiz stories about celebs.

over a year ago

"If people have issues with themselves: deal with it! When I look at a picture in a recipe book I know my efforts won't resemble that. Same way I know no matter how much Revlon I slap on, how much Special K I eat I'm never going to look like (a PhotoShopped) Beyonce!

Fact is, if you have issues looking at PhotoShopped models, walking the streets seeing people younger, hotter than you must be an absolute nightmare!"

Great point about the recipe books!

over a year ago

"If people have issues with themselves: deal with it! When I look at a picture in a recipe book I know my efforts won't resemble that. Same way I know no matter how much Revlon I slap on, how much Special K I eat I'm never going to look like (a PhotoShopped) Beyonce!

Fact is, if you have issues looking at PhotoShopped models, walking the streets seeing people younger, hotter than you must be an absolute nightmare!"

To me you will always be julie andrews

Post new Message to Thread