Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone

Hoping anyone can help me with what to do.

Basically I live in a house share and last night my housemate was being sick through the night and banging into the walls etc and falling over.

Ive woken to discover this morning by my other house mate that he has had an ear ache and took tramadol while drinking last night.

He keeps moaning like hes trying to say something but all he is saying is argh etc, we have also found on his coat ibuprofen and co-codomal. Now were not sure if he took those aswell, he isnt the character to do something as stupid like this.

now the reason im posting this is were not sure whether to take him to the hospital because the only time he has manged to say something was replying no to us asking. It dosent seem hes getting any better but his pulse seems fine etc.

If anyone has ever dealt with or experience anything like this, or any doctors or nurses are out there then feel free to ask anything else.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittleBitOfFunCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Call NHS Direct and they will advise you

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

I would dial 999 a paramedic would so in fuck you of if he's just d*unk....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a no brainer, seek medical advice. Ring the NHS helpline. Unless there are medical professionals reading here........you'll get the best advice from them.

over a year ago

"It's a no brainer, seek medical advice. Ring the NHS helpline. Unless there are medical professionals reading here........you'll get the best advice from them."

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"Hi everyone

Basically I live in a house share and last night my housemate was being sick through the night and banging into the walls etc and falling over.

Ive woken to discover this morning by my other house mate that he has had an ear ache and took tramadol while drinking last night.

He keeps moaning like hes trying to say something but all he is saying is argh etc, we have also found on his coat ibuprofen and co-codomal. Now were not sure if he took those aswell, he isnt the character to do something as stupid like this.

now the reason im posting this is were not sure whether to take him to the hospital because the only time he has manged to say something was replying no to us asking. It dosent seem hes getting any better but his pulse seems fine etc.

If anyone has ever dealt with or experience anything like this, or any doctors or nurses are out there then feel free to ask anything else.

"

If you re not taking him to hospital why not he s not in a condition to say yes or no,!!

Ring the nhs diect number or out of hours doctors they ll know best

over a year ago

Do you really need to ask??

over a year ago

you really need to post a forum about this???????? common sense would've been to take him to hospital right away!!!!!

over a year ago

Call 999 get him to hospital.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I should of mentioned my other house mate dosent want to ring just yet, hence me posting about it

over a year ago

"I should of mentioned my other house mate dosent want to ring just yet, hence me posting about it"

Is your house mate a doctor????? no get him to hospital right now and stop pissing about on here!!!!

over a year ago

Your first post was 10 minutes ago, in the meantime your housemate could be in real trouble. *bashes head against wall*

Get on the phone and off here ffs! Help your mate out!

over a year ago

"I should of mentioned my other house mate dosent want to ring just yet, hence me posting about it"

Sorry your friend could be in serious trouble and your asking if you should get him some help!!

Don't listen to your housemate call 999 and get your friend the help he needs!

Use your own common sense

over a year ago

Call 999 and let the medics make the decision,

over a year ago

"Call NHS Direct and they will advise you"
yes is that 111?? He should call ask over the phone ..

over a year ago

Some people cant take different tablets together ........ it can do all sorts to the body why you need to call .. can make you bleed inside and pass out .. do all sorts.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Are you not capable of making decisions for yourself?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 18/04/14 13:54:21]

over a year ago

Not the best place for medical advice really now is it? Unless maybe perhaps you have an ingrowing toe nail? Did you think the responses would be any different? Hopefully your not reading this and have sought proper medical advice!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

FAST get a nloody ambulance straight away next time ... so what if its a false alarm better safe than dead

over a year ago

"I should of mentioned my other house mate dosent want to ring just yet, hence me posting about it

maybe that's why he has no veri's

Why do you have to go straight for the jugular?

It wasn't so long ago when you posted a similar thread, with everyone telling you to go to a dr/hospital rather than posting it on here!

Some people have very short memories. "

Mine wasn't life threatening

over a year ago

Some people just have to stick a boot in

I hope his housemate is in the right place now

over a year ago

"I should of mentioned my other house mate dosent want to ring just yet, hence me posting about it

maybe that's why he has no veri's

Why do you have to go straight for the jugular?

It wasn't so long ago when you posted a similar thread, with everyone telling you to go to a dr/hospital rather than posting it on here!

Some people have very short memories.

Mine wasn't life threatening "

Still not sure what relevance your post was though?

over a year ago

"Hi everyone

"

Hopefully you have acted by now because I am as incredulous as others that you even feel the need to ask this.

But to be blunt the worst case scenario if you take him to hospital is that it's a false alarm and he's pissed off with you. Worst case scenario if you leave him at home is he dies and you have to explain to the police and his family why you never sought medical attention. And if it's proven he would have survived with medical intervention then you are looking at potential manslaughter charges...

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

"Hi everyone

"

why do people post this kind of post on here/facebook etc? Its a no brainer

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

hmmmmmm! Interesting.

over a year ago

Hope by now you have got him help

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

Could we please have an update?

over a year ago

Guessing he's hung over bit fine?

For all the panicking posts from my long personal experience of high strength painkillers and alcohol you're usually fine just keep them I recovery position and make sure they don't drown.

It actually takes a huge amount to make you die few respiratory failure even with alcohol the usual thing is just vomiting and drowning. But do keep them off hard surfaces like the bathroom floor the compression can cause some extreme damage is they slip I to a coma and thier body no longer moves to relieve pressure while you're asleep. Knew of a case in hospital where a heroin user passed out on the bathroom floor for a very very long time the compression meant they had to completely remove one leg and most of the muscle in the other as it had died from lack of blood flow and become necrotic

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I would say that since the op was online throughout the day that the friend was ok. It would have been nice of him to let everyone who gave him advice know though.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'd like an update too.

Post new Message to Thread