Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Retrovolution

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A talking point. Is evolution (of our species) now in danger of going retrograde/backwards?

A few points/facts to support this.

For thousands or even millions of years survival of the "fittest" has meant the human race has got generally bigger/stronger/faster and longer lived.

But: The current generation of children in the west are likely to live up to 5 years LESS than their parents (obesity/lack of exercise etc...)

Birth rates are down unless you are of the "benefit classes" so can afford loads of kids which the rest pay for. These are generally people of lower intelligence/IQ (not everyone - this is a generalisation). So this is passed on genetically - just as fat parents tend to have fat kids then same is (generally) true of intelligence. The average IQ of the nation is falling. School exam results fall unless artificially grade inflated as past governments have done. We fall way behind other developing countries in world rankings.

Younger and younger mothers in these groups have more kids (12 y old just given birth - the "granny" is 27. This used to be true in the dark ages!)

Thanks to our benefits culture we are getting less fit, less intelligent and dying younger..... Evolution in reverse!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In the western world, that's why the super powers will be taken over by the emerging countries.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"In the western world, that's why the super powers will be taken over by the emerging countries. "

I did say in the west..... Particularly in uk. Met a cpl in their 20's the other week (not thru fab!). They were proud of being on benefits with 6 kids and another on the way. That will get us a bigger house they said!

over a year ago

The most effective form of birth control is war

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I agreed with you until you blamed it all on "the benefit culture".

There's a lot more to it than that.

Obese, less active children don't just come from the benefit claiming "classes", it's a general phenomenon.

In fact wealthy kids are often less active than poorer ones because of increased access to cars, electronic toys, labour saving devices.

Plus only a certain subset of benefit claimants are breeding like rabbits.

But hey, let's jump on the bandwagon and blame "the benefit culture".

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"In the western world, that's why the super powers will be taken over by the emerging countries.

I did say in the west..... Particularly in uk. Met a cpl in their 20's the other week (not thru fab!). They were proud of being on benefits with 6 kids and another on the way. That will get us a bigger house they said!"

They are still the minority, regardless of what the Daily Wail would have you believe.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

where did these facts come from ?

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"where did these facts come from ?"

From the Bumper Book Of How To Bash Benefit Claimants.

over a year ago

Would anyone care to explain to me if and why Child BENEFIT isn't a benefit?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

Would anyone care to explain to me if and why Child BENEFIT isn't a benefit?

"

that is why almost every parent under a certain income bracket is a benefit claimant.

I thought the op might be an interesting one resulting in a good debate then came the real reason for the post :sigh:

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"A talking point. Is evolution (of our species) now in danger of going retrograde/backwards?

A few points/facts to support this.

For thousands or even millions of years survival of the "fittest" has meant the human race has got generally bigger/stronger/faster and longer lived.

But: The current generation of children in the west are likely to live up to 5 years LESS than their parents (obesity/lack of exercise etc...)

Birth rates are down unless you are of the "benefit classes" so can afford loads of kids which the rest pay for. These are generally people of lower intelligence/IQ (not everyone - this is a generalisation). So this is passed on genetically - just as fat parents tend to have fat kids then same is (generally) true of intelligence. The average IQ of the nation is falling. School exam results fall unless artificially grade inflated as past governments have done. We fall way behind other developing countries in world rankings.

Younger and younger mothers in these groups have more kids (12 y old just given birth - the "granny" is 27. This used to be true in the dark ages!)

Thanks to our benefits culture we are getting less fit, less intelligent and dying younger..... Evolution in reverse!"

Could you give us the source of your facts please?

over a year ago

Im particularly interested in the evidence regarding intelligence .....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Im particularly interested in the evidence regarding intelligence ....."

I have to say that I have heard some reasons to knock benefit claimants but the extinction of mankind as we know it is one of the best yet. I think we should be reaching for our flaming torches and pitchforks before we all end up obese and dead

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Im particularly interested in the evidence regarding intelligence ....."

I think it will be a long time coming. As a nation we have far higher literacy rates, more graduates and better gcse results than we've ever had, there is a massive push to ensure everyone has maths and English qualifications and there are measures in place to help this happen.

over a year ago

"Im particularly interested in the evidence regarding intelligence .....

I have to say that I have heard some reasons to knock benefit claimants but the extinction of mankind as we know it is one of the best yet. I think we should be reaching for our flaming torches and pitchforks before we all end up obese and dead "

I agree! Let's kill all the BENEFIT CLAIMANTS

scrouging bastards, taking all our money and houses. With their low IQ's and tubby kids they don't deserve to live. Destroying mankind they are. Wankers

Post new Message to Thread