Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Great Gig in the Sky

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Before anyone else posts a topic on their favourite cheese or the merits of toasting I was wondering which track, from which album makes your hair on the back of your neck stand up?

My step father got me into Pink Floyd and every now and then I drive somewhere quiet, partake in the herb and then let 'The Great Gig in the Sky' wash over me.

I actually did this a few days ago at a dogging spot that was rather quiet but when I turned the volume I realised I was drowning out the sound of a woman that was being heavily pumped a couple of cars away

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Before anyone else posts a topic on their favourite cheese or the merits of toasting I was wondering which track, from which album makes your hair on the back of your neck stand up?

My step father got me into Pink Floyd and every now and then I drive somewhere quiet, partake in the herb and then let 'The Great Gig in the Sky' wash over me.

I actually did this a few days ago at a dogging spot that was rather quiet but when I turned the volume I realised I was drowning out the sound of a woman that was being heavily pumped a couple of cars away "

this has got to be our most favourite piece of music - besides our love for classical, rock, blues etc music - Pink Floyd and the Great Gig...there has not been anything like it since. Actually the whole album is ace. My kids love it, too some 27 years after it was first released - it appeals to young people even today.

over a year ago

"

this has got to be our most favourite piece of music - besides our love for classical, rock, blues etc music - Pink Floyd and the Great Gig...there has not been anything like it since. Actually the whole album is ace. My kids love it, too some 27 years after it was first released - it appeals to young people even today. "

'Woman in chains' by Tears for fears is another emotional song, and it sounds like Clare Torry from The great gig in the sky is doing the female vocals for it.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Before anyone else posts a topic on their favourite cheese or the merits of toasting I was wondering which track, from which album makes your hair on the back of your neck stand up?

I actually did this a few days ago at a dogging spot that was rather quiet but when I turned the volume I realised I was drowning out the sound of a woman that was being heavily pumped a couple of cars away

this has got to be our most favourite piece of music - besides our love for classical, rock, blues etc music - Pink Floyd and the Great Gig...there has not been anything like it since. Actually the whole album is ace. My kids love it, too some 27 years after it was first released - it appeals to young people even today. "

pink floyd has no age barriers.imho,dark side of the moon,is the greatest album ever made.ffs,i was only joking,about the imho bit.its definitely the best album.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

pink floyd has no age barriers.imho,dark side of the moon,is the greatest album ever made.ffs,i was only joking,about the imho bit.its definitely the best album.

over a year ago

this has got to be our most favourite piece of music - besides our love for classical, rock, blues etc music - Pink Floyd and the Great Gig...there has not been anything like it since. Actually the whole album is ace. My kids love it, too some 27 years after it was first released - it appeals to young people even today.

pink floyd has no age barriers.imho,dark side of the moon,is the greatest album ever made.ffs,i was only joking,about the imho bit.its definitely the best album."

PULSE .....its funny how it unites people of all ages, cultures and continents - partner was there in 1994 and still has not come back down to earth yet.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

AC/DC...played L O U D ....sexy as fuck, Hells Bells, givin the dog a bone, you shook me....class

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

PULSE .....its funny how it unites people of all ages, cultures and continents - partner was there in 1994 and still has not come back down to earth yet. "

jammy bastard.

over a year ago

PULSE .....its funny how it unites people of all ages, cultures and continents - partner was there in 1994 and still has not come back down to earth yet.

jammy bastard. "

he also saw hendrix in 1972 on Isle of White - and ranting about that, too - course Hendrix was relatively unknown then. Anyway not wanting to hijack an amazing thread on incredible music

over a year ago

Saw the Tweenies at Rhyl Pavillion...They played one crazy bitching set...

over a year ago

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls

Swimming in a fish bowl,

Year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

over a year ago

and ...

the lunatics are on the grass lolololol---

over a year ago

so we're telling you that we've been there before

and we realize we know the score yeah

its alright we can hang around together

we and me best friends forever

any time that your feeling down

all you need is your friends around

dont care if your hairs to long

we dont care if your clothes are wrong

we can be friends forever

Bitchin Lyrics

over a year ago

"

Bitchin Lyrics "

heck, whcih one was that - senility setting in here lol

over a year ago

"

Bitchin Lyrics "

That sounds like a child wrote it.

[edit]

I thought it was the Streets but upon searching on google I found out it was a song FOR children lol

Anyway I do the post hijacking so sod back off to your favourite word thread lol

over a year ago

"

Bitchin Lyrics

[edit]

I thought it was the Streets but upon searching on google I found out it was a song FOR children lol

Anyway I do the post hijacking so sod back off to your favourite word thread lol

"

what a macho thing to do - take back control lol.. Well done

over a year ago

"

Bitchin Lyrics

[edit]

what a macho thing to do - take back control lol.. Well done "

Tweenies rule...Im off now bye!!!

over a year ago

"

what a macho thing to do - take back control lol.. Well done "

Yeah what she said ^^^ haha He looks like a big bastard though so I won't antagonise him to much

over a year ago

Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World - the opening bars and you just know what's coming next, then it builds and builds throughout the song. I always play it in the car as loud as the speakers will take it.

Another song that makes my hair stand on end is Spandau Ballet - Through the Barricades.

over a year ago

"Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World - the opening bars and you just know what's coming next, then it builds and builds throughout the song. I always play it in the car as loud as the speakers will take it.

Another song that makes my hair stand on end is Spandau Ballet - Through the Barricades."

I can't say I'm much of a ballad lover but I do love Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms'

over a year ago

"Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World - the opening bars and you just know what's coming next, then it builds and builds throughout the song. I always play it in the car as loud as the speakers will take it.

Another song that makes my hair stand on end is Spandau Ballet - Through the Barricades.

I can't say I'm much of a ballad lover but I do love Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms'

"

If we're talking Dire Straits then it's got to be Romeo & Juliet. Classic.

over a year ago

"

This is scary - my second fav after Floyd!!

WHats your third?

over a year ago

"

WHats your third? "

Hmmm Im just mulling it over with my imaginary pipe haha

Infact we have to skip forward a couple of decades to the Tall Paul remix of INXS 'Precious Heart'

Its more poignant because of the loss of Michael Hutchence

Ive actually found it on Youtube so turn the volume up and put the lights down low

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EfEN0tK_eY

over a year ago

"

WHats your third?

Infact we have to skip forward a couple of decades to the Tall Paul remix of INXS 'Precious Heart'

Ive actually found it on Youtube so turn the volume up and put the lights down low

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EfEN0tK_eY "

Led Zep 1

Babe I am gonna leave you

over a year ago

"

Led Zep 1

Babe I am gonna leave you "

Sorry ill get mi coat lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/05/10 00:00:51]

over a year ago

"

WHats your third?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EfEN0tK_eY

Led Zep 1

Babe I am gonna leave you "

Christ that is soooo mine, Jimmy Paige and not to mention that guitar rift in the middle....solid work!

over a year ago

how about "sympathy for the devil" Stones

The OP is gonna get us in a moment for hijacking the thread

over a year ago

"how about "sympathy for the devil" Stones

The OP is gonna get us in a moment for hijacking the thread"

ooooooo hell yeah! and whilst on the classics, lets not forget baba o'riley!!

over a year ago

ooooooo hell yeah! and whilst on the classics, lets not forget baba o'riley!!"

Don't cry - Guns & Roses?

over a year ago

Don't cry - Guns & Roses? "

a friend of mine played that accoustic for his gf, she thought he wrote it on the spur of the moment and was deeply impressed and gave out! it is one track for any playlist! My music sin is going into bars and putting on a bit of chas and dave if its on the juke box...or jimmy nail! makes me smile (inwardly of course)

over a year ago

a friend of mine played that accoustic for his gf, she thought he wrote it on the spur of the moment and was deeply impressed and gave out! it is one track for any playlist! My music sin is going into bars and putting on a bit of chas and dave if its on the juke box...or jimmy nail! makes me smile (inwardly of course)"

just before heading for my lovely bed - Jimi Hendrix remix - if sixties were nineties by The Beautiful People - night night

over a year ago

a friend of mine played that accoustic for his gf, she thought he wrote it on the spur of the moment and was deeply impressed and gave out! it is one track for any playlist! My music sin is going into bars and putting on a bit of chas and dave if its on the juke box...or jimmy nail! makes me smile (inwardly of course)

just before heading for my lovely bed - Jimi Hendrix remix - if sixties were nineties by The Beautiful People - night night"

ahh...jimmi's version of little wing...quite beautiful. night sweets xx

over a year ago

The OP is gonna get us in a moment for hijacking the thread"

Fill ya boots as its better than the alternative (well unless its one of mine)

over a year ago

Music plays a big part in my life and I have a record/tape/cd collection spanning just about everything from classical right through to thrash metal with bits of everything in between. There is masses of music that moves me or makes the hair on my neck stand.

Billy Joel's Piano Man is, for me, one of the best songs ever written and I never tire of hearing it

Django Reinhardt's Djangology is another one that makes my spine tingle

More recently Barb Jungr's music has been affecting me

Post new Message to Thread