Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

polite people

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

there are loads of really nice people on here, who are genuinely polite, but their best efforts are spoilt but time wasters and creeps

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Nah, they are easy to get rid off, you just block their mails and poof, they are gone

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

Polite people are funny I usually just mail them saying "freak"

Hours of fun

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just would be wonderful, if everyone was nice to eachother, even if they dont want to know you, they could at least be nice about it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Easy to block just 1 button.

over a year ago

"just would be wonderful, if everyone was nice to eachother, even if they dont want to know you, they could at least be nice about it"

I cannot see the point in not being polite and friendly - I totally believe in good karma - what goes around comes around - and there are so many nice people

over a year ago

"just would be wonderful, if everyone was nice to eachother, even if they dont want to know you, they could at least be nice about it

I cannot see the point in not being polite and friendly - I totally believe in good karma - what goes around comes around - and there are so many nice people "

I agree with you Provocative, also a believer in what goes around comes around so I try to do a nice thing for someone at least once a day....even if it's just taking a couple of bars of chocolate into work to share with co-workers.

over a year ago

I hate being friendly i hate all this politeness and stuff its all crap fight i say fight and moan bitch and bicker thats the best way xx

over a year ago

"just would be wonderful, if everyone was nice to eachother, even if they dont want to know you, they could at least be nice about it"

In an ideal world I'd agree with you but on sites like this being polite and saying "no thanks" seldom works. It leads to further correspondence which is often rude and aggressive.

Far easier to ignore, delete and block: life's too short to engage in endless correspondence with people you're not going to meet!

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

but what would people moan about in the forums if that was the case?

over a year ago

"just would be wonderful, if everyone was nice to eachother, even if they dont want to know you, they could at least be nice about it

I cannot see the point in not being polite and friendly - I totally believe in good karma - what goes around comes around - and there are so many nice people

I agree with you Provocative, also a believer in what goes around comes around so I try to do a nice thing for someone at least once a day....even if it's just taking a couple of bars of chocolate into work to share with co-workers. "

Funny you should say that - I often take home made cakes into work as people love the German ones.

It just gives me a buzz when I see other people happy - I know it may sound a bit cheesy but it is nonetheless true.

over a year ago

To make people happy is one of the best feelings in the world xx

over a year ago

"To make people happy is one of the best feelings in the world xx "

spread the lurve!! im with u lot tho ...I love to make people smile !! im one of lifes pleasers.... always have been and u cant change who u are ?

over a year ago

"To make people happy is one of the best feelings in the world xx

spread the lurve!! im with u lot tho ...I love to make people smile !! im one of lifes pleasers.... always have been and u cant change who u are ?"

Somebody called Carl Rogers once said something along the lines... that our (human) need to love others is even greater than the need to be loved.

over a year ago

spread the lurve!! im with u lot tho ...I love to make people smile !! im one of lifes pleasers.... always have been and u cant change who u are ?

Somebody called Carl Rogers once said something along the lines... that our (human) need to love others is even greater than the need to be loved.

"

ahh good old carl rogers studied a lot of his work once upon a time ago.... cant stand the bloody man now!! !

lol joking he was an excellent man and did a lot of work in regards to human emotions!

if i make at least one person smile in a day then thats good enough for me!

xx

over a year ago

ahh good old carl rogers studied a lot of his work once upon a time ago.... cant stand the bloody man now!! !

lol joking he was an excellent man and did a lot of work in regards to human emotions!

if i make at least one person smile in a day then thats good enough for me!

xx "

Did you ever come across the self-actualising potatoes - now everybody on the forums will think we have gone completely nuts...

over a year ago

to be honest there was so much stuff i had to read and it was a while ago that i think most of it has left my brain!

i drifted away from psychology into sociology although at times they felt the same!

maslow was also self actualisation and mead? there were a few think my brain needin a clear out lol xx

over a year ago

"to be honest there was so much stuff i had to read and it was a while ago that i think most of it has left my brain!

i drifted away from psychology into sociology although at times they felt the same!

maslow was also self actualisation and mead? there were a few think my brain needin a clear out lol xx"

Now we are talking - one of my hobbies -

Maslow (and I am forever debating this with my partner) to me is a great model to illustrate the hierarchy of human needs whereas HE HIMSELF argues that Maslow is not comprehensive enough.

over a year ago

yeah i liked maslow but at times it wasnt in depth enough as humans are more complex and each person has different needs, at different levels and ones needs may be totally different level from anothers but he really did make sense in a general way!! x

over a year ago

I'm with the potatoes....I'm striving to reach the light!

over a year ago

"I'm with the potatoes....I'm striving to reach the light! "

noooo step away from the light lol!!!! xx

over a year ago

"I'm with the potatoes....I'm striving to reach the light! "

im with the mushrooms i think ?? totally in the dark !!!

over a year ago

"I'm with the potatoes....I'm striving to reach the light!

im with the mushrooms i think ?? totally in the dark !!! "

and fed a lot of bullshit!! lol im in the mushroom group too at times lol xx

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"yeah i liked maslow but at times it wasnt in depth enough as humans are more complex and each person has different needs, at different levels and ones needs may be totally different level from anothers but he really did make sense in a general way!! x"

precisely tell her will ya !!!

over a year ago

that was funny - the mushroom bit...

kept in the dark and fed on bull***

It was just a saying by Rogers... that people have a tendency to self-actualise, a desire to become themselves, to grow and evolve in the right conditions (in his words unconditional positive regard from others) just like potatoes would grow towards the light.

over a year ago

"yeah i liked maslow but at times it wasnt in depth enough as humans are more complex and each person has different needs, at different levels and ones needs may be totally different level from anothers but he really did make sense in a general way!! x

precisely tell her will ya !!!"

Are you starting a debate online

you will not win ...;-) xx

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"yeah i liked maslow but at times it wasnt in depth enough as humans are more complex and each person has different needs, at different levels and ones needs may be totally different level from anothers but he really did make sense in a general way!! x

precisely tell her will ya !!!

Are you starting a debate online

you will not win ...;-) xx"

i already won....

By *ariner192Man
over a year ago

Near Newport

"to be honest there was so much stuff i had to read and it was a while ago that i think most of it has left my brain!

maslow was also self actualisation and mead? there were a few think my brain needin a clear out lol xx

Maslow (and I am forever debating this with my partner) to me is a great model to illustrate the hierarchy of human needs whereas HE HIMSELF argues that Maslow is not comprehensive enough.

"

Must admit I prefer Herzberg myself, where motivators are what enriches a person

over a year ago

Must admit I prefer Herzberg myself, where motivators are what enriches a person "

Tell us more?

By *ariner192Man
over a year ago

Near Newport

Must admit I prefer Herzberg myself, where motivators are what enriches a person

Tell us more? "

We have basic needs (hygiene needs) which, when not met, cause us to be dissatisfied. Meeting these needs does not make us satisfied - it merely prevents us from becoming dissatisfied.

However, there is a separate set of needs which, when resolved, do make us satisfied. These are called motivators.

An example could be:

I need to be paid on time each month so I can pay my bills. If I am not paid on time, I get really unhappy. But when I get paid on time, I hardly notice it.

On the other hand, when my boss gives me a pat on the back, I feel good. I don't expect this every day and don't especially miss not having praise all of the time.

Over to you lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 04/05/10 21:38:50]

over a year ago

Tell us more?

We have basic needs (hygiene needs) which, when not met, cause us to be dissatisfied. Meeting these needs does not make us satisfied - it merely prevents us from becoming dissatisfied.

However, there is a separate set of needs which, when resolved, do make us satisfied. These are called motivators.

An example could be:

I need to be paid on time each month so I can pay my bills. If I am not paid on time, I get really unhappy. But when I get paid on time, I hardly notice it.

On the other hand, when my boss gives me a pat on the back, I feel good. I don't expect this every day and don't especially miss not having praise all of the time.

Over to you lol "

Yes I can see where that is different in concept from the Maslow model - interesting. Any more?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I just can't help it... "Grumpy Man" is my natural state... wouldn't be right if wasn't and ya all love my sarcastic ways...

anyway... changed my mind.... I have decided I am equal ops... I hate everyone!!! lol

over a year ago

"I just can't help it... "Grumpy Man" is my natural state... wouldn't be right if wasn't and ya all love my sarcastic ways...

anyway... changed my mind.... I have decided I am equal ops... I hate everyone!!! lol "

"Grumpy man" is a disability lol

Post new Message to Thread