Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sanity prevails!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Cam the Man has said that he wants all the schools in the UK to have a national school sports contest to tie in with the 2012 Olympics, and it's being backed by many popular sporting celebs. I so hope this happens as for the last few years we've had to sit back and watch as government has dumbed down our children's natural instincts to be competitive. It is starting to feel if not outwardly good, at least positive, at the moment and the election hasn't even taken place yet.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Soon be Friday xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Why whats happening friday

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Why whats happening friday "

the election ends!! (hopefully)

over a year ago

the election will be over,thank god

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Ooooowwww a National Contest.... that won't cost much at a time when he's also using the word "cuts".

What a cheap shot.... let's give the kids a glorified sports day and that will fix the ecconomy.... or at least stop some of the parents asking "what cuts will you actually be making" as they'll be too busy buying little Johnny some new trainers.

over a year ago

"Ooooowwww a National Contest.... that won't cost much at a time when he's also using the word "cuts".

What a cheap shot.... let's give the kids a glorified sports day and that will fix the ecconomy.... or at least stop some of the parents asking "what cuts will you actually be making" as they'll be too busy buying little Johnny some new trainers."

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose, but as the Lottery is providing £1.8bn to partially fund the Games maybe the Schools event could be met out of that. I'd feel much happier paying my £1 for a lotto ticket every week if I knew some of it was going towards the kids.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"the election will be over,thank god"

There's an election on ???

Forum Mod

over a year ago

How easy is it to vote for someone else by proxy?

Im thinking of people in hospital on the 6th

over a year ago

That’ll be another excuse for these no win no fee sharks to start suing our councils for twisted ankles and scraped knees, don’t think its anything to do with governments dumbing anything down, it’s the parents with pound signs you have to worry about, even more so with cuts in the pipeline.

over a year ago

ive got an erection on !!!! hope it doesn't last till Friday tho lol

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"How easy is it to vote for someone else by proxy?

Im thinking of people in hospital on the 6th"

Voting by proxy is a convenient way of voting if you are unable to get to the polling station. 'By proxy' just means that you appoint someone you trust to vote on your behalf. To vote by proxy, you’ll need to be registered to vote. Then just fill in an application form, sign it, and send it back to your local electoral registration office. You can get their address and other details by entering your postcode on this website.

To download the right application form, choose the reason for your proxy vote from the list below.

For the 6 May elections your form must be returned to your Electoral Registration Office by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April.

over a year ago

"That’ll be another excuse for these no win no fee sharks to start suing our councils for twisted ankles and scraped knees, don’t think its anything to do with governments dumbing anything down, it’s the parents with pound signs you have to worry about, even more so with cuts in the pipeline. "

Oh come on! We all took part in Sports Days at school where there wasn't a PC Brigade to dictate that those that couldn't run very well, throw very well or jump very well were at a disadvantage and therefore these types of events were detrimental to their development and made kids unneccessarily competitive. Remember that PC bullshit?

Getting a few scrapes as you drag yourself through childhood is all part of it, it's character building. How often have we moaned that sportsmen and women at the top of their game from around the world benefit from schools of excellence but we win fuck all because we don't encourage our kids to be competitive. A National Schools Sports event can only be a good thing for the competitors and those schoolchildren that go to watch and support their school.

Alternatively, we could close the curtains, bolt the door and hide under the duvet until the big bad nasty recession has gone away, couldn't we?

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"Ooooowwww a National Contest.... that won't cost much at a time when he's also using the word "cuts"."

He's also using the word cuts???? They are all using the word cuts!!!! It's just that Dave is being a little louder that Gordon Clown.

" What a cheap shot.... let's give the kids a glorified sports day and that will fix the ecconomy.... or at least stop some of the parents asking "what cuts will you actually be making" as they'll be too busy buying little Johnny some new trainers."

I'll bet that in 6 months, you will be one of the people who will be criticing the new government for making cuts, conveniently forgetting that it was Gordon and his cronies that got us into this situation in the first place

How anyone can consider voting for this lackluster bunch of idiots after 13 years of miss-management. One of the highest tax rates (including all taxes!) in the world. The most survelied populace in the world bar none and for what benefit?

Worst still, people admitting that they vote Labour "because my parents did" or "because I always have".

This idea of getting competition going in schools again is a fantastic idea. Getting kids to pit against each other is the natural order of things. Just because one can't run as fast as another doesn't mean we should stop running! We used to be a country of Entrepreneurs, look at us now!

over a year ago

"Cam the Man has said that he wants all the schools in the UK to have a national school sports contest to tie in with the 2012 Olympics, and it's being backed by many popular sporting celebs. I so hope this happens as for the last few years we've had to sit back and watch as government has dumbed down our children's natural instincts to be competitive. It is starting to feel if not outwardly good, at least positive, at the moment and the election hasn't even taken place yet."

I wonder how he will find the extra money for that? A cut in the winter hand out to pensioners?

over a year ago

"Cam the Man has said that he wants all the schools in the UK to have a national school sports contest to tie in with the 2012 Olympics, and it's being backed by many popular sporting celebs. I so hope this happens as for the last few years we've had to sit back and watch as government has dumbed down our children's natural instincts to be competitive. It is starting to feel if not outwardly good, at least positive, at the moment and the election hasn't even taken place yet.

I wonder how he will find the extra money for that? A cut in the winter hand out to pensioners? "

As I said above, the Olympics is being funded by the Lottery so it makes sense that if Cameron intends to tie in a National Schools Sports Competition with the Olympics then funding should come from the Lottery too.

Come to think of it, I wonder just how much money is afloat in the 'Good Causes' account? I bet there's a billion or two in that!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 04/05/10 15:23:21]

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

Woooooooow love the new avatar pic Rugby...If I had a winkie it would be hard right now

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"That’ll be another excuse for these no win no fee sharks to start suing our councils for twisted ankles and scraped knees, don’t think its anything to do with governments dumbing anything down, it’s the parents with pound signs you have to worry about, even more so with cuts in the pipeline.

Oh come on! We all took part in Sports Days at school where there wasn't a PC Brigade to dictate that those that couldn't run very well, throw very well or jump very well were at a disadvantage and therefore these types of events were detrimental to their development and made kids unneccessarily competitive. Remember that PC bullshit?

Getting a few scrapes as you drag yourself through childhood is all part of it, it's character building. How often have we moaned that sportsmen and women at the top of their game from around the world benefit from schools of excellence but we win fuck all because we don't encourage our kids to be competitive. A National Schools Sports event can only be a good thing for the competitors and those schoolchildren that go to watch and support their school.

Alternatively, we could close the curtains, bolt the door and hide under the duvet until the big bad nasty recession has gone away, couldn't we?"

It is not exactly a new thing........when my kids were at aschool they did the the same thing whichever olimpics it was then and we are talking a good few years ago.

Did the goverment stop school sports days? as they havn't in all the places we have lived....in fact the school my kids went to had school sports status, which promoted sport.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Woooooooow love the new avatar pic Rugby...If I had a winkie it would be hard right now "

lol _uss puss......it tells everyone what we want

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

olympics *

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Woooooooow love the new avatar pic Rugby...If I had a winkie it would be hard right now

lol _uss puss......it tells everyone what we want"

Can anyone see it is a person wearing the T shirt? with boobs and arms and everything?

over a year ago

"Woooooooow love the new avatar pic Rugby...If I had a winkie it would be hard right now

lol _uss puss......it tells everyone what we want

Can anyone see it is a person wearing the T shirt? with boobs and arms and everything?"

Nope, just a fantastic pair of funbags... oh and they got some writing on 'em, but I haven't got my glasses on so can't make out what it is that is written all over them lovely mantoys. Ho hum. ...

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lol @ wishy.

Thanks for answering anyway, thought I was going mad then.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"Ooooowwww a National Contest.... that won't cost much at a time when he's also using the word "cuts".

What a cheap shot.... let's give the kids a glorified sports day and that will fix the ecconomy.... or at least stop some of the parents asking "what cuts will you actually be making" as they'll be too busy buying little Johnny some new trainers."

who wants someone with a little johnny?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Still have school sports day in our local primary school, as do the vast majority of primary schools in the country. All that crap about all schools banning sports days was Daily Mail/Express tosh....

Post new Message to Thread