Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

guilty pleasure...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just downloaded a lot of bob seager songs and smokie now sittin singin like a wee lintie!! funny how some songs just as soon as you here them remind you of your mispent youth!!! xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"just downloaded a lot of bob seager songs and smokie now sittin singin like a wee lintie!! funny how some songs just as soon as you here them remind you of your mispent youth!!! xx"

When im on the pc in the wee small hours i listen to all my oldies from when i was a wiper snaper

over a year ago

thank god for downloadin i found songs i had totally forgot about now havin great fun listenin to them and all the memories! dr hook next on the list! xx

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am downloading a whole load of northern soul tracks now... and listening to them on youtube.... god its like listening to my mum album collection... its great!!!! lol

over a year ago

lol!! elkie brooks next here... its amazin how you used to laugh at your parents music taste then you end up listenin to them! xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I use Spotify for my music.

over a year ago

Can you get it in "wipe" form ?

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"just downloaded a lot of bob seager songs and smokie now sittin singin like a wee lintie!! funny how some songs just as soon as you here them remind you of your mispent youth!!! xx

When im on the pc in the wee small hours i listen to all my oldies from when i was a wiper snaper"

You used to snap off peoples wiper blades?...thats cruel!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I think i should get a kareoke machine then all the neighbours will move. Just listening to lynn anderson rose garden

over a year ago

i beg your pardon i never promised you a ten inch hardon lol!!

im off to the country and western section hmmm kriss kristoferson help me make it through the night or loretta lyn coalminers daughter? or tammy wynette stand on your man?? oohh they all good! x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"i beg your pardon i never promised you a ten inch hardon lol!!

im off to the country and western section hmmm kriss kristoferson help me make it through the night or loretta lyn coalminers daughter? or tammy wynette stand on your man?? oohh they all good! x"

Hey your my kind of girl im a country and western fan. Coalminers daughter i love, my favourite is willie nelsn blue eyes crying in the rain

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

My son used to leave the room when i put my patsy cline cd on. Funnily both tammy wynette and patsy cline died on my birthday

over a year ago

patsy cline is amazin!! sweet dreams my fav! and love jim reeves and johhny cash! i was brought up with that kind of stuff and love it!!

willie nelson always on my mind is beautiful, kenny rogers, god them all lol!! xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"patsy cline is amazin!! sweet dreams my fav! and love jim reeves and johhny cash! i was brought up with that kind of stuff and love it!!

willie nelson always on my mind is beautiful, kenny rogers, god them all lol!! xx"

Actually tammy whynette didnt die on my birthday lol. Tey are the exact same songs that i love. Jim reeves the blizzare and distant drums

over a year ago

jim reeves he has to go and gypsy woman and so many more!! im gonna have to update my country and western collection!

our local radio on a sunday has a great few hrs on a sunday where its all that stuff i listen to it online and its amazin how many songs you know! xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"jim reeves he has to go and gypsy woman and so many more!! im gonna have to update my country and western collection!

our local radio on a sunday has a great few hrs on a sunday where its all that stuff i listen to it online and its amazin how many songs you know! xx"

Its funny cause noone else i know likes my music, Jays into jazz and all his classic stuff we have classic fm on in the car

over a year ago

my pals all laugh at mine but i love it and its my car so they need to put up and shut up lol!!

earlier in the car is was olivia newton john banks of the ohio the kiddo said it was child abuse lol and that my music taste is pish lol xx

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"I use Spotify for my music."

We use Spotify here too... it's fantastic as it has a flippin' huge catalogue of songs you can listen to. I'm currently listening to Above & Beyond - Anjunabeats Volume 6

http://open.spotify.com/album/0gKACvUDVaUx3DMfn0pW2d

For those who don't know what Spotify is, it allows you to stream - rather than download - songs legally.

There's a premium version and a free version (although if you want to use the free version you need an "invite code" from a premium user for that now because it became so popular).

The main difference between the 2 versions is that the free one has adverts broadcast every 30-45 minutes or so, but they're not that annoying. The premium users also get higher quality sound (320kbps versus 192kbps in case you were wondering).

Premium costs a tenner a month, which is a bit steep I think, as Napster do a version for a fiver a month.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"my pals all laugh at mine but i love it and its my car so they need to put up and shut up lol!!

earlier in the car is was olivia newton john banks of the ohio the kiddo said it was child abuse lol and that my music taste is pish lol xx"

pmsl, callum used to say something similar about patsy cline, off he would stomp and i was explaining punk rock to him one day and put my jubilee album on for him to listen to and he said it was disgusting pmsl

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"i beg your pardon i never promised you a ten inch hardon lol!!

im off to the country and western section hmmm kriss kristoferson help me make it through the night or loretta lyn coalminers daughter? or tammy wynette stand on your man?? oohh they all good! x"

Sixty-nine to five?

OK, a bit forced...

over a year ago

Not sure what a lintie is, but I got home from a lovely afternoon and evening yesterday with a guy from here, someone in the neighbourhood was belting out Pistols "Anarchy in the UK" followed by Damned "New Rose", Stranglers, Buzzcock, great! Oh how I mis-spent my youth and how I'm loving mis-spending now! lol x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Not sure what a lintie is, but I got home from a lovely afternoon and evening yesterday with a guy from here, someone in the neighbourhood was belting out Pistols "Anarchy in the UK" followed by Damned "New Rose", Stranglers, Buzzcock, great! Oh how I mis-spent my youth and how I'm loving mis-spending now! lol x"

Damn you now i got to go from country and western to stiff little fingers lol

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I was a good girl, still am, never had a mispent youth

But loved all the 70's disco era

Earth wind n fire and other great bands to dance too

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Thankyou mznwty, I brought back some good memories lol. Think im going to bed for a whilexxkarenxx

over a year ago

a lintie is a wee bird lol xx

over a year ago

Nowt at all wrong with Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band. Yep Smokie were good as well .... the days when they made proper music

over a year ago

i must have the weirdest music taste ever lol! goes from all that to country and western to dance to rock! maybe i just appreciate a good lyric!!

bob gettin blasted just now ! x

over a year ago

"just downloaded a lot of bob seager songs and smokie now sittin singin like a wee lintie!! funny how some songs just as soon as you here them remind you of your mispent youth!!! xx"

Think Bob Seger may tour in the states again this year..... 1st time for ages..i`ll have to save up... great songwriter & rock n roll performer....

Sing Away.... just keep the volume down... lol

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

All this talk of country and western has turned my hoodie into a cardy and my trainers into a pair of hush puppies..

Time to get the pistols on I think!..

Pretty Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacant.....

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

"All this talk of country and western has turned my hoodie into a cardy and my trainers into a pair of hush puppies..

Time to get the pistols on I think!..

Pretty Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacant..... "

when you said get the pistols on I had visions of you getting your guns and holsters on and dressing as a gunslinging cowboy

over a year ago

We just love our punk and ska.

Love fucking when the music is blasting.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"We just love our punk and ska.

Love fucking when the music is blasting.

"

Oh you cant whack Ska for getting into a party mood...especially the older stuff..Laurel Aitken, Lord Creator, Alton Ellis and of course..Prince Buster..

Then some Clash and Magazine to round off the night!

over a year ago

frankie miller on here just downloaded an old demo track of his that been released bottle of whiskey its awfu good!! xx

over a year ago

You can't beat it. Watched the specials they were ace.

We love going to gigs the stranglers are good live.

Post new Message to Thread