Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Common market

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Excuse my ignorance but as a child i remember Britain joining the common market (a trade agreement between England and other countries) we were all English or British then

What has totally escaped me is when did we vote to join the EU and become europeans? was i asleep? xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Excuse my ignorance but as a child i remember Britain joining the common market (a trade agreement between England and other countries) we were all English or British then

What has totally escaped me is when did we vote to join the EU and become europeans? was i asleep? xx "

I dont know but did i dream there bringing out a 50p with all the names of the countries in it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know when checkislavakia changed either but i know i went out with a guy from there when i was 23 and it was still the old chech then think it was just changing

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The treaty of the EU was established in Maastricht in 1993 (pre Labour), there was no referendum.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Excuse my ignorance but as a child i remember Britain joining the common market (a trade agreement between England and other countries) we were all English or British then

What has totally escaped me is when did we vote to join the EU and become europeans? was i asleep? xx "

im not english or british im scottish!!! xx

your shag just went out the window!! xx

over a year ago

"I dont know when checkislavakia changed either but i know i went out with a guy from there when i was 23 and it was still the old chech then think it was just changing"

2004. I was sent on a job to Slovakia and told to wait 2 days at the border until they joined to save on paperwork.

I was the first UK if not Westerner to go through the border without needing masses of paperwork.

over a year ago

We join a Eurozone with no internal borders which made it far simpler to move around Europe and then some asshole drives a plane into a building in New York and it's now more hassle than ever to go anywhere! grrrr..

Post new Message to Thread