Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Election betting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just thought id have a little wager on the election (im not a betting man but what the heck

Im blue throug and through (and your poltics are ya own lol)

But the best odds i can find are as follows

Lib dems 9/1 against

Labour 10/3 against

Conservatives 2/7

So i wont be making any fortunes so I have decided not ta bother

I mean two measly quid for every seven I put on not a chance

Even though going by that I will be smiling after election day lol xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like the idea of betting on a hung parliament as they deserve it

over a year ago

"I like the idea of betting on a hung parliament as they deserve it "

Agreed they do deserve it but we dont xx

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Mind you is a better return than if you stick £7 in the building society for 12 months lol

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

How hung are our MP's

over a year ago

"Mind you is a better return than if you stick £7 in the building society for 12 months lol"

True lol things are that bad that way that by the time ya take off the tax on ya savings you owe them pmsl xx

over a year ago

Put £5 on all three paerties and you're a happy bunny whoever wins it.

9/1 x £5 = £50 (your £5 stake inc.)

10/3 x £5 = £21 (your £5 stake inc.)

2/7 x £5 = £22.50 (your £5 stake inc.)

Ypu'll lose £10 on the two parties that don't win but you'll still be at least £6 better off than when you started.

p.s. Can you pass this formula to Mr Darling, I think he could do with all the help he can get. Tel him to change the £5 to £50bn though or it ain't worth it.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I know nothing about betting but surely if you put £5 on at 2/7 your return will not be £22.50?

over a year ago

"I know nothing about betting but surely if you put £5 on at 2/7 your return will not be £22.50?"

oops - you are correct, I worked it out the other way lol .. you'll get about £1.50 back plus your fiver, but he'll still be happy anyway as the Tories would have won the election.

Thanks for the clarification.

over a year ago

"I know nothing about betting but surely if you put £5 on at 2/7 your return will not be £22.50?

oops - you are correct, I worked it out the other way lol .. you'll get about £1.50 back plus your fiver, but he'll still be happy anyway as the Tories would have won the election.

Thanks for the clarification. "

Like I said Whishy mate it ain't worth bothering lol it ain't gonna make me rich

I am however lookin for a bookies that will take a Tory landslide bet cause a little dickie bird has told me that some senior labour ministers are predicing it lol xx

over a year ago

"I know nothing about betting but surely if you put £5 on at 2/7 your return will not be £22.50?

Like I said Whishy mate it ain't worth bothering lol it ain't gonna make me rich

I am however lookin for a bookies that will take a Tory landslide bet cause a little dickie bird has told me that some senior labour ministers are predicing it lol xx "

I too heard the whispers of, "Oh fucking Christ! What's that fucking muppet done now?" echoing as they started packing up the silver in Nos. 10 & 11 hehehe

over a year ago

I am however lookin for a bookies that will take a Tory landslide bet cause a little dickie bird has told me that some senior labour ministers are predicing it lol xx

I too heard the whispers of, "Oh fucking Christ! What's that fucking muppet done now?" echoing as they started packing up the silver in Nos. 10 & 11 hehehe "

Just off ta check the odds again lol xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will have a £5 on the monster raving loony party just not sure which one yet

over a year ago

"I will have a £5 on the monster raving loony party just not sure which one yet"

Try the pissy posse party Maddie is standing apparently xx

over a year ago

"I will have a £5 on the monster raving loony party just not sure which one yet

Try the pissy posse party Maddie is standing apparently xx "

I think you stand a better chance of seeing your money again if you bet on the MRL Party than put it on Labour.

Post new Message to Thread