Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

your most memorable day ever?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Which day sticks in your mind as your most memorable day and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *istress-MazikeenWoman
over a year ago

bolton

Does it have to be nice?

over a year ago

"Does it have to be nice?"

Either... whatever you are comfortable mentioning in the forum - I dont want anybody to feel pushed. Just whatever people consider they may want to share?

By *andJ2227Couple
over a year ago

Swadlincote

The birth of my son, having dreaded the day for most of the 9 months, it all happened in 2 and a half hours, from waters breaking at home to him being placed on my chest. Could never forget that feeling.

By *icknDeeCouple
over a year ago

hartlepool

For me, the most memorable moment of my life was something quite different.

I remember lying in a hospital bed around 15 years ago, surrounded by machines. I don't know if I was really conscience or not but I think I was. I felt completely paralysed, not able to move or communicate with anyone yet could see and hear everything going on around me.

All I was thinking was, "Is this it". I truly thought I was going to die that night. As I drifted into sleep/unconsciousness I remember silently saying goodbye to everyone that was important to me.

Still, I came round a few days later and am still here to remember.

Mike

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"For me, the most memorable moment of my life was something quite different.

I remember lying in a hospital bed around 15 years ago, surrounded by machines. I don't know if I was really conscience or not but I think I was. I felt completely paralysed, not able to move or communicate with anyone yet could see and hear everything going on around me.

All I was thinking was, "Is this it". I truly thought I was going to die that night. As I drifted into sleep/unconsciousness I remember silently saying goodbye to everyone that was important to me.

Still, I came round a few days later and am still here to remember.

Mike

"

that must of been well spooky ,was it a peaceful feeling ,sad,or anger ...how did you feel ?

By *icknDeeCouple
over a year ago

hartlepool

"that must of been well spooky ,was it a peaceful feeling ,sad,or anger ...how did you feel ?"

It was very peaceful, just a quiet acceptance of what was going on. Sad in a way too, because I was thinking of the things I'd never achieved at that point.

Afterwards though, it gave me the kick up the arse I needed to actually go out and do those things.

over a year ago

"The birth of my son, having dreaded the day for most of the 9 months, it all happened in 2 and a half hours, from waters breaking at home to him being placed on my chest. Could never forget that feeling. "

Being a mum myself - I can so empathise with some of what you say Very very special

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

20.9.1990 at 21.02 when i gave birth to my son 7 weeks early

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"that must of been well spooky ,was it a peaceful feeling ,sad,or anger ...how did you feel ?

It was very peaceful, just a quiet acceptance of what was going on. Sad in a way too, because I was thinking of the things I'd never achieved at that point.

Afterwards though, it gave me the kick up the arse I needed to actually go out and do those things.

"

yeah to think your gone now and to get a second chance must be a great feeling ,,a chance to really live and appreciate your extra time .Sometimes we get so wrapped up in bollox something like that must change you .

over a year ago

"20.9.1990 at 21.02 when i gave birth to my son 7 weeks early"

A memorable event, so much so that we tend to remember the precise time, the surroundings and presumably a lot more.

I remember my kid's time of birth and all details surrounding the events, too

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

September 2008, hubby and I walked up the winding streets of Ibiza Town in the Dalt Villa area which dates back to the 16th century. He had booked our favourite restaurant on the island for our 2oth anniversary, La Ventana.

He had a pre booked violin player at our table, which was so romantic.

The owners who are old friends of ours brought us a lovely bottle of wine and as they poured it hubby produced a gorgeous diamond ring for me.

I was amazed he had booked all this without my knowledge, and as he handed me the ring fireworks lit up the sky....I knew he hadn't arranged the fireworks though, they go off at midnight every Friday night!

Easily my favourite ever day and one I will remember forever.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"September 2008, hubby and I walked up the winding streets of Ibiza Town in the Dalt Villa area which dates back to the 16th century. He had booked our favourite restaurant on the island for our 2oth anniversary, La Ventana.

The owners who are old friends of ours brought us a lovely bottle of wine and as they poured it hubby produced a gorgeous diamond ring for me.

I was amazed he had booked all this without my knowledge, and as he handed me the ring fireworks lit up the sky....I knew he hadn't arranged the fireworks though, they go off at midnight every Friday night!

Easily my favourite ever day and one I will remember forever."

sounds like he pushed the boat out that night,its great that it has stayed with you ,all the trinkets we pick up in life the cars etc etc stay behind .we only take our memories with us,nice one

over a year ago

"September 2008, hubby and I walked up the winding streets of Ibiza Town in the Dalt Villa area which dates back to the 16th century. He had booked our favourite restaurant on the island for our 2oth anniversary, La Ventana.

Easily my favourite ever day and one I will remember forever."

Wow what a way to make somebody feel special - Lovely to read this, thanks for sharing

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Easily my favourite ever day and one I will remember forever.

Wow what a way to make somebody feel special - Lovely to read this, thanks for sharing "

Choked me up typing it....

Post new Message to Thread