Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mum -v- Wife

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When I was a young(er) man, living at home with my dear old mum I thought she was pretty much fantastic at everything. Every little need of mine was anticipated long before it ever became a need that I'd recognise. She had one other particularly excellent skill that I never thought anyone could surpass, ever. She is magnificent as recieving a pair of socks for washing and retuning only one of them. (I used to think she was knocking them out down the market on a stall that one-legged people go to)

My mum was brilliant at it but Siren takes the Gold Medal in this ability! Never have I seen someone so efficient, so superbly adept at removing one sock from a pair - and it always seems to be the left sock! (or maybe because I'm left handed I always put the right sock on first and then run out of sock (can't say 'socks' cos it's plural and I only have one of em!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you could always do you own washing lol

over a year ago

Socks have sides now? lol thats deep xx

over a year ago

its a well known fact that all the odd socks in the world are in a little corner of the world with all the autumn leaves (they seem to disappear as if by nagic too ....)!!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ere wishy, come to our house, the other odd socks are here !

By *ishful.thinkingWoman
over a year ago

east london

All odd socks gratefully received, a warm and comforting home guaranteed - may keep our hound from destroying the few pairs we've left

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"All odd socks gratefully received, a warm and comforting home guaranteed - may keep our hound from destroying the few pairs we've left "

It must be a woman thing cos K is brill at it too - does get frustrating when I end up wearing a red tuesday sock with a blue wednesday sock when it should be a pair of green socks on a thursday

over a year ago

well i have a bag i keep odd socks in then when we run out i pair them up last time got 30 pairs between us and a big bundle got chucked in bin!

i must be primarks best sock customer cause im in at least once a month buyin the bloody things!!x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Just buy heaps of socks that all look the same

Then you ok til you get down to just the one

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

hell I would send ya down the launderette for moaning

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

[Removed by poster at 25/04/10 13:36:17]

By *icknDeeCouple
over a year ago

hartlepool

I don't have this problem. I only wear plain black socks - every sock I own matches with any other

Mike

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

wishy washing oh god i remember that morning well with the state he got into over a washing machine hence after that we called him wishywashy or widow twanky lmao

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"All odd socks gratefully received, a warm and comforting home guaranteed - may keep our hound from destroying the few pairs we've left

It must be a woman thing cos K is brill at it too - does get frustrating when I end up wearing a red tuesday sock with a blue wednesday sock when it should be a pair of green socks on a thursday "

Do your own bloody washing then!!!

over a year ago

I am the sock pairer upper in my house always have been and always will be cos I can tell the difference between black socks and black socks and which socks belong with which child.

Tonight I have to pair up all the socks for the next week cos I did the school clothing yesterday and its never a job I want to do.

White long socks for shorty and black ankle socks for big kid and black sport socks for hubby and maybe if I am really lucky I may just find my one and only pair of socks that big kid hasnt stolen

And in a weeks time I will be off to the sock shop again to replace all the socks that I will later find under big kids bed where stupid cat has decided to make herself a bed with all the socks and pants she steals from the washing baskets

Shona

x x x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"wishy washing oh god i remember that morning well with the state he got into over a washing machine hence after that we called him wishywashy or widow twanky lmao"

My god, that was how many years ago now lol ... I haven't changed you know, still putting detergent in the drum and not the tray, seems pretty obvious to me that if you want the clothes clean put the cleaning stuff in with them! I wouldn't wash up and put the fairy liquid on the draining board would I?

over a year ago

"I don't have this problem. I only wear plain black socks - every sock I own matches with any other

Mike

"

same here too

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh i thought it was just me!!! Bloody sock monster permanently resides here

over a year ago

right question all the black sock wearers!!

have you ever put black socks on that you have bought at the same time obviously but after a few washes one a different shade than the other!! why??? xx

Post new Message to Thread