FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Aren't doctors suppose to promote healthy living?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Won't go into detail (Jiu Jitsu related) but I ended up in the local A&E because of breathing difficulties last night, after telling said quack what activities I do to keep a healthy lifestyle, he suggested I stop and use public transport I'm sure getting out and about is far more better than packing it all in and doing nothing, I told him this and his reply was, your doing too much at your age I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm not so sure getting battered every week is 'healthy living'. lol.

over a year ago

all those traffic fumes!! not good....especially at your age!!!

over a year ago

it was a very high cardio session, just ran out of steam I guess

over a year ago

"all those traffic fumes!! not good....especially at your age!!! "

I had this argument with my mum once, she said cycling amongst the traffic is damaging to my lungs, to which I replied how does the air differ for the drivers, is it filtered and purified before it gets inside the car

over a year ago

smartarse!!

over a year ago

"it was a very high cardio session, just ran out of steam I guess"

did ever you consider he might be right?perhaps you are overdoing it?perhaps with his medical training he might just know what he is talking about?did he really mean cease all exercising,or just cut down somewhat?

obviously what you do is up to you,but might just make a little sense to take note

over a year ago

"all those traffic fumes!! not good....especially at your age!!!

I had this argument with my mum once, she said cycling amongst the traffic is damaging to my lungs, to which I replied how does the air differ for the drivers, is it filtered and purified before it gets inside the car"

in most cars yes, they have filters in the heating system

over a year ago

"it was a very high cardio session, just ran out of steam I guess

did ever you consider he might be right?perhaps you are overdoing it?perhaps with his medical training he might just know what he is talking about?did he really mean cease all exercising,or just cut down somewhat?

obviously what you do is up to you,but might just make a little sense to take note"

the problem I have is I'm too head strong when it comes to exersize, when I started the healthy lifestyle I was 17 stone, now I float between 12.5 and 13, so its become more of a habit with me now not just recreational, and if I miss out a session I get quite annoyed with myself, its not uncommon either, those who are very active with exersize or weight training are the same

over a year ago

"

the problem I have is I'm too head strong when it comes to exersize, when I started the healthy lifestyle I was 17 stone, now I float between 12.5 and 13, so its become more of a habit with me now not just recreational, and if I miss out a session I get quite annoyed with myself, its not uncommon either, those who are very active with exersize or weight training are the same "

yup...was like this....was not happy if I wasn't runnning three times a week, cycling 70-80 miles a day, climbing, swimming and playing rugby.......but.....found a great cure when I broke my back...pmsl

over a year ago

"

the problem I have is I'm too head strong when it comes to exersize, when I started the healthy lifestyle I was 17 stone, now I float between 12.5 and 13, so its become more of a habit with me now not just recreational, and if I miss out a session I get quite annoyed with myself, its not uncommon either, those who are very active with exersize or weight training are the same

yup...was like this....was not happy if I wasn't runnning three times a week, cycling 70-80 miles a day, climbing, swimming and playing rugby.......but.....found a great cure when I broke my back...pmsl "

you wimp

over a year ago

put the doc in a kimora and make him say sorry lol

over a year ago

didnt want to break his shoulder, just bruise him

over a year ago

"Won't go into detail (Jiu Jitsu related) but I ended up in the local A&E because of breathing difficulties last night, after telling said quack what activities I do to keep a healthy lifestyle, he suggested I stop and use public transport I'm sure getting out and about is far more better than packing it all in and doing nothing, I told him this and his reply was, your doing too much at your age I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that "
you are 35 and he told you you were doing too much for your age?lol quack is right...lol

over a year ago

"didnt want to break his shoulder, just bruise him "

well theres just no satisfying some folk lol

rear naked choke and thats my finaal offer

over a year ago

"didnt want to break his shoulder, just bruise him

rear naked choke and thats my finaal offer "

Guillotine choke would have been easier to do from the start position, anyway, I've been told to give cycling a miss for a few weeks and only do light training in Jiu Jitsu basically floor work

over a year ago

"didnt want to break his shoulder, just bruise him

rear naked choke and thats my finaal offer

Guillotine choke would have been easier to do from the start position, anyway, I've been told to give cycling a miss for a few weeks and only do light training in Jiu Jitsu basically floor work "

so we wont be seeing bruce buffer introducing you vs the doc in the ufc then lol

over a year ago

"so we wont be seeing bruce buffer introducing you vs the doc in the ufc then lol"

no mate, safe to say my competition days are behind me, funny enough we had that conversation last night, one of the other students was asking about competitions to which both myself and one of the other sensies agreed at our age, it was not a wise thing to do, leave it to the young super fit.

over a year ago

"so we wont be seeing bruce buffer introducing you vs the doc in the ufc then lol

no mate, safe to say my competition days are behind me, funny enough we had that conversation last night, one of the other students was asking about competitions to which both myself and one of the other sensies agreed at our age, it was not a wise thing to do, leave it to the young super fit."

well look at randy coture or even chuck liddel whos going for the title at 205lbs again? it can be done lol

im comparing us to world class champions here lol

nice to see someone else is into it though

over a year ago

"..... I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that "

I didn't have you down as a violent person, who couldn't take some advise off a learned person, but hey...

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

whatever you do they say dont when it causes you pain

If you smoke they say stop

if your overweight they say eat less

If you exercise they say do less

Its called hedging their bets

over a year ago

"..... I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that

I didn't have you down as a violent person, who couldn't take some advise off a learned person, but hey... "

der, he is from Liverpool.

Ducks behind a beach ball.

over a year ago

My advise just listen to your body and what it needs. You can still exercise but lower impact. Swimming yoga pilates power walking.

over a year ago

"whatever you do they say dont when it causes you pain

"

or just prolonging your life

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

or just prolonging your life"

ot covering every base

the NHS would prefer it if you died and quickly

I used to speak at NHS public meetings

They want you to die and die quickly or else never need them

Its quite an eye opener believe me

over a year ago

or just prolonging your life"

or just makin it feel longer!! xx

over a year ago

"..... I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that

I didn't have you down as a violent person, who couldn't take some advise off a learned person, but hey...

der, he is from Liverpool.

Ducks behind a beach ball. "

its a good job I like you hahaha

over a year ago

"Won't go into detail (Jiu Jitsu related) but I ended up in the local A&E because of breathing difficulties last night, after telling said quack what activities I do to keep a healthy lifestyle, he suggested I stop and use public transport I'm sure getting out and about is far more better than packing it all in and doing nothing, I told him this and his reply was, your doing too much at your age I nearly kicked him in the head when he said that "

well in his defence, excersize and breathing difficulties dont usually go hand in hand lol

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"all those traffic fumes!! not good....especially at your age!!!

I had this argument with my mum once, she said cycling amongst the traffic is damaging to my lungs, to which I replied how does the air differ for the drivers, is it filtered and purified before it gets inside the car"

Mine is!!

And I would guess that a lot of cars (perhaps not the less expensive ones) do that too! There was something in a magazine about people who cycle in traffic. It was a long time ago when we still had lead in our pe... No you dirty lot P.E.T.R.O.L! The body levels of lead in those cyclists was on average a third up on pedestrians in the same area! (I knew there was a reason I don't cycle!! lol)

Cars are a lot cleaner these days so shouldn't be that much of a problem!

Post new Message to Thread