Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Qualities

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

that make a true friend.

How long have you known your best friend?

Are there best friends for different "purposes"?

What qualities are you looking for in a best (OR VERY GOOD) friend?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"that make a true friend"

Someone one can confide in without them being judgemental

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

"

39 years

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've known my best pal for 25 years and we've never had an argument about anything. I was the father-of-the-bride at his wedding (her father passed away a few weeks prior to the wedding) and he was my best man at my 1st marriage.

He's the only non-swinging friend that knows my true sexuality and didn't bat an eyelid when I told him (he was pissed off that I hadn't told him sooner tbh). A great mate.

over a year ago

My 3 best friends are from school and uni days and although we are not in touch on a day to day basis, sometimes months or even years pass - when we speak it is as if we never parted. No judgement just unconditional acceptance and love. I feel lucky there.

More recently I acquire a couple more really good friends and again.. I feel very lucky to know if I needed them they would be there irrespective of time and their own circumstances

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

True friends are hard to find, but sometimes they just appear in your life from out of the blue.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"True friends are hard to find, but sometimes they just appear in your life from out of the blue."

I don't have one best friend..... all my friends are the best!

over a year ago

Accept me as I am, non-judgemental, does not preach, and offer a shoulder to cry on when I need it.

I have know my closest friends for over 15y, some as long as 30y!

over a year ago

i lost my best friend when she found out i was swinging and domming and took offence at 1 of my pics, over 19 yrs of friendship gone .

over a year ago

So what "event" made that special friend so special - or did the bond forge over time?

over a year ago

"i lost my best friend when she found out i was swinging and domming and took offence at 1 of my pics, over 19 yrs of friendship gone ."

That is really quite sad - and telling you that she was judgemental and therefore not worthy of your friendship is NOT the answer really because loosing a friend after so many years causes pain, loosing a friend over a lifestyle choice which does not affect her is quite... well.. unnecessary and therefore even more sad?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

" What qualities are you looking for in a best (OR VERY GOOD) friend? "

I wouldn't 'look' for qualities... that sounds very deliberate and I have never had the desire nor need to deliberately seek close/best/good friends.

People either become close friends over time or they don’t… no master plan, no template.

over a year ago

" What qualities are you looking for in a best (OR VERY GOOD) friend?

I wouldn't 'look' for qualities... that sounds very deliberate and I have never had the desire nor need to deliberately seek close/best/good friends.

People either become close friends over time or they don’t… no master plan, no template.

"

Good point - Perhaps I should have used the term "what qualities MAKE that special friend for you - as these vary from one to another?

over a year ago

My most trusted and loyal friend lives in another country and comes home a few times a year. The good thing is that Paul also see's her as a friend too which is great xxx

By *ariner192Man
over a year ago

Near Newport

A special friend to me is Someone who:

Is there for you when you need a shoulder

Is with you in times of joy and in times of sadness

Call you out of the blue just to see if you are ok

Never asks for anything in return

And to make them really special, you have to be exacly the same to them

P.S. If there are also benefits even better LMAO

over a year ago

"My most trusted and loyal friend lives in another country and comes home a few times a year. The good thing is that Paul also see's her as a friend too which is great xxx"

Leads me to another question - about what happens if your partner has an issue with your best friend - how does that affect the friendship?

over a year ago

"A special friend to me is Someone who:

Is there for you when you need a shoulder

Is with you in times of joy and in times of sadness

Call you out of the blue just to see if you are ok

Never asks for anything in return

And to make them really special, you have to be exacly the same to them

P.S. If there are also benefits even better LMAO

"

I like that one - resonates with me

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

One of my favourites

'You'll always be my friend....... You know too much'

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

25 + years ive known my 5 best friends. I have friends who ive known longer, i am also very close to some on here. I certianly wouldnt leave it months or years to be in touch with them. I held my best friends hand when she gave birth to my goddaughter 20 years ago and i see her at least once a week and maybe two to three phone calls aweek

over a year ago

"My most trusted and loyal friend lives in another country and comes home a few times a year. The good thing is that Paul also see's her as a friend too which is great xxx

Leads me to another question - about what happens if your partner has an issue with your best friend - how does that affect the friendship? "

My ultimate loyalties would be with Mr serens, but it's great that they get on so well. I know people who's partners have issues with their friends and it always causes tension, I'm lucky I guess

over a year ago

"My most trusted and loyal friend lives in another country and comes home a few times a year. The good thing is that Paul also see's her as a friend too which is great xxx

Leads me to another question - about what happens if your partner has an issue with your best friend - how does that affect the friendship?

My ultimate loyalties would be with Mr serens, but it's great that they get on so well. I know people who's partners have issues with their friends and it always causes tension, I'm lucky I guess "

Yes, I quite agree. My first and foremost loyalties would be with Mr Provocative and I would try and negotiate between them for sometimes the issue of not getting on with each other could be about not actually knowing each other. If it really did not work out for them I would try and maintain the friendship with my mates ata a different level

over a year ago

My ultimate loyalties would be with Mr serens, but it's great that they get on so well. I know people who's partners have issues with their friends and it always causes tension, I'm lucky I guess

Yes, I quite agree. My first and foremost loyalties would be with Mr Provocative and I would try and negotiate between them for sometimes the issue of not getting on with each other could be about not actually knowing each other. If it really did not work out for them I would try and maintain the friendship with my mates ata a different level "

It's quite funny .... she comes home, gives us both a cwtch (hug) and a pressie, then Paul will say something like ... alright stop fussing and get the bloody kettle on lol xx

over a year ago

"that make a true friend.

Are there best friends for different "purposes"?

What qualities are you looking for in a best (OR VERY GOOD) friend? "

Have a few great friends that I have known since I was about 7 years old.

We see each other every few years or so at weddings and funerals and the closeness we had as kids and teens has never gone away. When we get together it as if we have never been apart.

What is a "best friend"? Have a few very good friends, but would I raise one above the others? No.

Only one person in my short life has ever known the real me, warts, bunions, skeletons and all, perhaps that was my "best friend" till they kicked me in the teeth and hurt me beyond belief.

But, there a few good people I would turn to if in need, and would hope they feel they could turn to me too.

over a year ago

I grew up with my best Mate, we have argued and even had a couple of Fights when we were Kids, I like Honesty and Loyalty and someone who tells me when I'm wrong or out of order when needed.

A Friend is like a Family member but you got to choose

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Because i met jay well after id known my closest friends, he knew how much they ment to me. He also knew at the time apart from callum and mother they where the most important things in my life. They have stayed with me and supported me far better and for much longer than any man. Now ive been with jay this lenght of time its just wonderful we sometimes go out in a group but not always, he says my friends are an extention of me. I trust jay with my life but i also trust my bestest friend with my life as well

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

My best friend is short, white and can be incredibly vocal if she feels strongly about something. She has one or two disgusting habits, would eat me out of house and home given half a chance but on the whole I can't fault her. She listens to me whinge without comment, she is always happy to see me, never judges me, and I know she'll watch my back against any potential foes, regardless of their size.

I will confess that money did change hands before she became my best friend, but only because no-one else wanted her. More fool them, they even left her tied up in a layby. Perhaps it's because she is a bitch?

The latest in a long line of "best friends", all very different in character and of all shapes and sizes, she's now 3, I love her to bits, especially now she doesn't piss on the kitchen floor.

People? Fair weather friends? Fuck 'em, I can take them or leave them, but I couldn't live without dogs.

over a year ago

"

A Friend is like a Family member but you got to choose "

I like this one

over a year ago

I'm not sure there are particular qualities that I can pinpoint really. I've known my best mate for about 23 years now. We disagree on almost everything, rarely see each other as we live about 140 miles apart and have totally different lives but I wouldn't change any of that for the world.

I would drop everything to be there for her if she needed me and vice versa.

I would say she's probably the only friend I can 100% trust and undoubtedly rely on. I can tell her absolutely anything and she doesn't judge or change her opinion of me (granted, she doesn't always want to hear the details though ).

There's one other friend who is my 'best work friend'. Someone who can relate to the different pressures and challenges that working can present. Also someone I can gossip with although I know that I can't really trust her not to tell other people some off the juicier stuff lol.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure there are particular qualities that I can pinpoint really. I've known my best mate for about 23 years now. We disagree on almost everything, rarely see each other as we live about 140 miles apart and have totally different lives but I wouldn't change any of that for the world.

I would drop everything to be there for her if she needed me and vice versa.

I would say she's probably the only friend I can 100% trust and undoubtedly rely on. I can tell her absolutely anything and she doesn't judge or change her opinion of me "

I so agree with that statement - I would do almost anything for my family and close friends.

Post new Message to Thread