Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

You just gotta admire his balls....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd who said the following recently:

~

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

~

If only someone told it like it is over here huh?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have read this before and whole heartedly agree with it.

Yes, times change but if people from other nations/religions want to live with us in this great land then THEY need to adapt not us.

Some cultures are historically part of Great Britain....ie those that were part of the old Empire and are fully integrated into British Society and we never hear a peep out of them, in fact its fair to say they are as British as anyone else.

Yet there are those that come to our country and want OUR kids to learn THEIR language.

Something wrong somewhere!

Well done Mr Rudd

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If only someone told it like it is over here huh? "

Exactly my thoughts as reading.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I shouldn't have to make sacrifices for your beliefs, you have to make them for yourself.

That is a good quote

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree, we are to soft and turned into a pc country, we think about everyone else before ourselfs, many other countries do it, even the Muslim countries won't let you have your say, you have to do all the adapting

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/04/10 15:44:07]

Reply privately

over a year ago

i do like this man

Reply privately

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

Totally agree with this. You either want to be British and all that goes with that, or you don't.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd who said the following recently:

~

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

~

If only someone told it like it is over here huh? "

hear, hear!

well said wishy and the Australian PM

Reply privately

By *icknDeeCouple
over a year ago

hartlepool

An interesting comment, comming from the Australian prime minister. While I don't completely agree or disagree with him, I wonder if the Aboriginies have the same feelings about white australian customs and ways...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Trust an Aussie to say it how it is.

Reply privately

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Bravo!!

Can't remember if it was the same Aussie PM or his predecessor - anyone remember the cargo ship with 450 people looking to sneak into Australia to live there, but got turned away on the approaching sea? Apparently some other nations (including Norway) complained that Australia wasn't being "humanitarian" in accepting the immigrants to which the Australian PM responded "If you feel so much for their plight, then I suggest that YOU take them!"

Bravo - seems we have a lot to learn from Australia.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"An interesting comment, comming from the Australian prime minister. While I don't completely agree or disagree with him, I wonder if the Aboriginies have the same feelings about white australian customs and ways..."

My thoughts exactly, however your post will be ignored I'm afraid as the Aboriginies way of life won't matter here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"An interesting comment, comming from the Australian prime minister. While I don't completely agree or disagree with him, I wonder if the Aboriginies have the same feelings about white australian customs and ways...

My thoughts exactly, however your post will be ignored I'm afraid as the Aboriginies way of life won't matter here. "

Lol... was thinking that the funniest line was "Immigrants, not australians must adapt"!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hear hear.

It doesn't seem that long ago that there was regular talk in the media about business people going to places like Japan and China, but before they went they were encouraged to learn the ways and etiquette of those countries so that they wouldn't offend or insult those they were hoping to do business with.

Think it's high time that any and everybody intending to come here was given the same message!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here, here. On visiting another country you abide by their rules. We go on holiday to whatever country and visit, leys say a church. You are not aloud to bare any flesh.So you cover up or leave with a flee in your ear. This country goes the other way. We cater for every other nationality apart from our own. We should look after our own people before we give away our nations taxes to poor countries.not good.

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"An interesting comment, comming from the Australian prime minister. While I don't completely agree or disagree with him, I wonder if the Aboriginies have the same feelings about white australian customs and ways..."

Good point, however, how developed would Australia be now if there had been no immigration and it had been left for the Aborigines to develop it? Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be fair to the Aussies it wasn't them who colonised their country - it was us! But that was a different time when people viewed the world differently. Kevin Rudd is addressing today's issues in a country that he feels passionately about and wants to protect from the deluge of immigrants that he feels would not bring anything positive to the Australian way of life. It may well be that he's seen what's happened here and in the U.S. and doesn't want it repeated in Australia.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They didnt have much choice. We sent all the villans there. Each person ya talk to, his or her mother was a crook. lol. Laughing aside, the place is pretty interesting tho.I grew up knowing that Australians are racist and sexist.Sounds like old habits die hard. I visited 2 years ago. Loved it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good point, however, how developed would Australia be now if there had been no immigration and it had been left for the Aborigines to develop it? Z"

Good British attitude. Excellent.

This is why we had an empire, we had to show the savages how to live properly. It was our duty.

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Good point, however, how developed would Australia be now if there had been no immigration and it had been left for the Aborigines to develop it? Z

This is why we had an empire, we had to show the savages how to live properly. It was our duty. "

OK - whatever - I didn't say anything about having to tame savages and I have to say that the British Empire is something to be sorely ashamed of (it is isn't it?). Hang my head in shame and bow to your obvious vast knowledge of all things and the fact that you don't like other people to have any kind of opposing view to yourself! Just thought I'd add another facet into the thread but obviously that isn't what forums are for! (No cutting and pasting in sight) Z

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

the aboriginal point may have been valid but as far as I know the "European" Australians have spent the last 20 or so years trying to repair and reverse the damage done over 200 years and now celebrate and protect the aboriginals way of life and heritage.

Those that the Australian PM are speaking out about would wipe away EVERYTHING that is not Islamic, just like the Taliban destroyed the 2000yo Bamiyan Buddhas.

Reply privately

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire and London

What a load of old Bo**ox.

Christian county? bet the Aboriginies weren't christian and they where there long before the WHITE christians got there.

I hear people in Britain talking about, Muslims and the like should live life the way we do, why, when the British empire was occupying India and half of Africa did we live life the way they did, speak their language, abide by their customs, NO! because we thought we where better than everyone else and I think some people still do.

Why does it bother people so much about what other people wear, the language they speak or the customs they up hold.

Why can't people just get on with their lives and live in harmony, I'm sure the majority of Muslims, Blacks, Asians, Irish, Hindu, Sikh or anything else for that matter are just good honest people, well ALL the ones I have been lucky enough to know have.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good point, however, how developed would Australia be now if there had been no immigration and it had been left for the Aborigines to develop it? Z

This is why we had an empire, we had to show the savages how to live properly. It was our duty.

OK - whatever - I didn't say anything about having to tame savages and I have to say that the British Empire is something to be sorely ashamed of (it is isn't it?). Hang my head in shame and bow to your obvious vast knowledge of all things and the fact that you don't like other people to have any kind of opposing view to yourself! Just thought I'd add another facet into the thread but obviously that isn't what forums are for! (No cutting and pasting in sight) Z"

Well it could be said that we (The Great British Empire) civilised the world. Others might say we syphillised it.

Who am I to say?

Reply privately

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

OK - whatever - I didn't say anything about having to tame savages and I have to say that the British Empire is something to be sorely ashamed of (it is isn't it?). Hang my head in shame and bow to your obvious vast knowledge of all things and the fact that you don't like other people to have any kind of opposing view to yourself! Just thought I'd add another facet into the thread but obviously that isn't what forums are for! (No cutting and pasting in sight) Z"

Australia would have been the way the indigenous population would have wanted it to be. No interferance and probably wouldn't have wanted to be a dumping ground for our fellons.

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

OK - whatever - I didn't say anything about having to tame savages and I have to say that the British Empire is something to be sorely ashamed of (it is isn't it?). Hang my head in shame and bow to your obvious vast knowledge of all things and the fact that you don't like other people to have any kind of opposing view to yourself! Just thought I'd add another facet into the thread but obviously that isn't what forums are for! (No cutting and pasting in sight) Z

Australia would have been the way the indigenous population would have wanted it to be. No interferance and probably wouldn't have wanted to be a dumping ground for our fellons."

Quite true, I only made an observation and feel like I'm being held solely responsible for the Bristish Empire, the shipping off to Australia of our criminals and everything else! Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not about 200 years ago, or slavery, or indiginous races being turfed off their land, its about today, now, how things are not how they were, and more importantly, how they will be.

I've never owned a slave and I've traced my roots back to 1605 and none of my family were rich enough to own a slave (some were bondsmen in fact) so I feel no reason why I should be held accountable for something other people of my race did 200 years ago. Come to think of it, I don't know a single black person who is or was a slave either so why the bollocks are they moaning about it.

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Sorry Wishy, didn't mean to take your thread off track! You have to admire the guys balls! Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

i`d vote for him

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I would vote for him tooooooo

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope the Aussies appreciate their PM!!

After all, they could have someone like ours!!

Reply privately

By *orse8Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 21/04/10 19:15:41]

Reply privately

By *orse8Man
over a year ago

London

It should be remembered that it was only the crimnals dumb enough to get caught that colonized Australia.

( had to delete previous message due an embarrassing spelling mistake, dammit )

Reply privately

over a year ago

yup and a few of them were off my family lol!!!

i can see where the guy is coming from, but whatever happened to live and let live and mutual respect?? or have i just been usin too much tipex today?

i love british selective superiority and how anythin "different" isnt acceptable unless its the british doin it!!

i will say this much for austrailia though their immigration policy is a damned good one! cant get in unless you have skills vital to the economy and work related and also x amount of money in the bank!! i have a few family members over there who emigrated and it wasnt easy for them xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It should be remembered that it was only the crimnals dumb enough to get caught that colonized Australia.

( had to delete previous message due an embarrassing spelling mistake, dammit )"

Transportation was a common punishment handed out for both major and petty crimes in Britain from the seventeenth century until well into the nineteenth century. At the time it was seen as a more humane alternative to execution. Around 60,000 convicts were transported to the British colonies in North America in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. When the American Revolutionary War brought an end to that means of disposal, the British Government was forced to look elsewhere.

After Captain Cook's famous voyage to the South Pacific in which he visited and claimed Australia in the name of the British Empire, he reported his findings to the government, and the British, for the first time, became aware of the existence of the continent of Australia.

Over the next 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia, but this number of convicts pales in comparison to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851-1871 gold rush. In 1852 alone, 370,000 immigrants arrived in Australia. By 1871 the total population had nearly quadrupled from 430,000 to 1.7 million people. The last convicts to be transported to Australia arrived in Western Australia in 1868.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd who said the following recently:

~

~

If only someone told it like it is over here huh? "

Well said that man....

May we as a country and use that for our mantra

Reply privately

over a year ago

If only he was our Prime Minister....... Sigh!

Ah well,I can see same shit,maybe, different party over the next term......unless perhaps Cleggy manages to scrape home!

After all his views on immigration are very similar to Australia's. R

XX

Reply privately

By *orse8Man
over a year ago

London

Typically while trying to sneakily slur nationalities I managed to copy and paste a spelling mistake without correcting it.

But on topic, hopefully, the late Pim Fortuyn, while being a bit right wing in his politics had a great point when he said something along the lines of ( this doesn't come close to even a paraphrase ).........

"We have fought for the rights of women for 400 years, and the recent influx of Muslim immigrants wants to drag those rights straight back into the stone age"

Sharia law can stay where it came from imho.

Heh, read this the other day....

"

Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Promiscuous women are responsible for earthquakes, a senior Iranian cleric has said.

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Australians just don't mince their words but the aborigines were the original inhabitants and they haven't treat them well so it smacks of a little hypocrisy. Saying that they probably have the right viewpoint right now.

Reply privately

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I was swept away by Mr Rudds speech, "Yes" thought I "someone telling it how it is!"....

But then.... BANG!!! ...

And there it is, sometimes you have to look deeper.

Now? I still think he's right, but cant help feeling that perhaps he too should look deeper.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Typically while trying to sneakily slur nationalities I managed to copy and paste a spelling mistake without correcting it.

But on topic, hopefully, the late Pim Fortuyn, while being a bit right wing in his politics had a great point when he said something along the lines of ( this doesn't come close to even a paraphrase ).........

"We have fought for the rights of women for 400 years, and the recent influx of Muslim immigrants wants to drag those rights straight back into the stone age"

Sharia law can stay where it came from imho.

Heh, read this the other day....

Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Promiscuous women are responsible for earthquakes, a senior Iranian cleric has said.

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.

"

And the cleric probably truly believes that load of bollox!

He sounds like some warlock from the dark ages.

The scary thing is though,that instead of laughing in his face,the silly buggers probably went along with it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope these idiotic clerics keep on issuing this sort of nonsense. In fact, I hope they issue piles and piles of it regularly, daily, hourly even, so that everyone can see just what an obnoxious religion Islam truly is.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

There is nothing wrong with Islam, what is wrong is the extremists that interpret the Koran to suit their own extreme views.

There is extremism in most mainstream religions, the Jews and Christians have ultras within their ranks as well.

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a religion isn't obnovious hahaha

its the idiot fundamentalists, usually men that implement it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is nothing wrong with Islam, what is wrong is the extremists that interpret the Koran to suit their own extreme views.

There is extremism in most mainstream religions, the Jews and Christians have ultras within their ranks as well.

"

Does Islam have their version of the Pope? A Holysee who says what's what?

If it does, he's a very quiet kinda guy.

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"To be fair to the Aussies it wasn't them who colonised their country - it was us! But that was a different time when people viewed the world differently. Kevin Rudd is addressing today's issues in a country that he feels passionately about and wants to protect from the deluge of immigrants that he feels would not bring anything positive to the Australian way of life. It may well be that he's seen what's happened here and in the U.S. and doesn't want it repeated in Australia. "

And don't we all wish our own government over the last decade had taken a similar stand?

We are begining to either be overtaken or civil unrest. Thank=you Tony, hope you enjoy your millions!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"There is nothing wrong with Islam, what is wrong is the extremists that interpret the Koran to suit their own extreme views.

If it does, he's a very quiet kinda guy."

Islam doesn't require a need for a living figurehead, nor does Judaism....does that make the Jewish religion any less important?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not all Islamic are fanatics as well as not all Australians come from deported criminals. however if you enter a country with a view to stay you make an effort to fit in.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I believe that an immigrant settling in any country should be prepared to live by the laws of that country, but not neccesarily be fluent in the native tongue of the country they are moving to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

its always the hardcore fanatics that cause the problems!! its not just muslims....anyone remember the catholic v protestants and what when on with them?? and god knows how many other battles there has been over religion and who is right, who is wrong who is to blame etc!

i would love to visit austrailia just to see how things are over there but the closest iv been to it is the programme on tv not the soaps the one set in the airport!! xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Islam doesn't require a need for a living figurehead, nor does Judaism....does that make the Jewish religion any less important?"

Thanks for answering my question as I honestly didn't know if it had a Holy Father or not. Who issues fatwa's? Isn't that person pretty high up the food chain of Islam? What I'm getting at is why don't we see these Islamic leaders condemn Muslim fundamentalists outright, excommunicate them etc etc ..

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I agree totally, there is no clear system of control or accountability in Islam. But I truly believe that the actions of Israel and the complicity of the United States with regards to Palestine and that whole region is a massive factor in rising fundamentalism within Islam.

George Bush (Snr and Jnr) have a lot to answer for in my eyes, they have simply added kindling to the fires that burn within the Muslim world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Islam doesn't require a need for a living figurehead, nor does Judaism....does that make the Jewish religion any less important?

Thanks for answering my question as I honestly didn't know if it had a Holy Father or not. Who issues fatwa's? Isn't that person pretty high up the food chain of Islam? What I'm getting at is why don't we see these Islamic leaders condemn Muslim fundamentalists outright, excommunicate them etc etc .. "

It is difficult to condemn without alienation. The saying goes keep your friends close and enemy's closer. There is no love lost between the Muslim council and the fundamentalists but if they alienate they will break away and then they will have no pull on them at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a minefield. It must be so difficult for a young muslim who's being brainwashed by fundamentalists whilst still trying to adhere to the teachings of his or her parents, and on top of al lthat they are trying to find a place for themselves in the western world they've been born into (those over here that is) I don't envy them.

Reply privately

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

I see the PC crowd are out in force on this one!

"but not neccesarily be fluent in the native tongue of the country they are moving to."

I do not agree with that at all! If someone wants to come to the UK to live and work (hopefully!) then it is their duty to be able to speak the language to an understandable degree. Yes I know that the PC Government and most Councils print official documents in many different languages, but why should they?

In the early 70's and 80's, I did deliveries for a flour wholesaler. Loads of the customers were Asians and the company had to employ Asians to communicate with them. But that was not the problem...

Ghetto mentality wass the problem! They tended to live in areas that quickly became no-go areas for any other than their own race, even the police were reluctant to patrol because they didn't want to stir unrest.

It wasn't the people, it was lack if integration that was the problem because most couldn't speak English.

For those that say Islam is not dangerous and that Christianity has radicals, you are right, but when did they blow up skyscrapers, buses and trains? Not all Muslims are bad or terrorists, but until Muslim leaders in places like Iran tell the general populus the truth and that it is wrong to kill in the name of Islam, we should have restrictions.

Well Done Australia

Reply privately

over a year ago

whooo i must be pc now another feather in my hat!!

the point is every religion has its nutcases if my memory serves me correctly the ira were fond of blowin up places!

there is no doubt some people wont intergrate into this country and its traditions etc and there are some who do but also have their own customs and traditions that are part of their culture and they have the right to do this the same as we have the right for our customs and traditions!

there no doubt at times the pc brigade has went crazy in regards to christmas etc i dont dispute that fact, but i also know the contribution a lot of other cultures have made to this country but also why some of the young muslims etc are led into fanaticism!

religion is one thing im glad i dont have a great interest in i know where im goin when the time comes but at least it will be warm and full of interestin people!! xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most Muslims are not terrorists, but unfortunately most terrorists are Muslims. Says a lot I think.

I agree with the above poster, if the religious leaders will not condemn muslim terrorists then we have to have safeguards in place. If these leaders did condemn them, then they couldn't hide behind Islam when they commit their crimes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Interesting to see so many responses to this thread (mine included) yet no one has mentioned the facts about the so called "speech."

This is fake. Kevin Rudd has said nothing of the sort and in fact elements of the speech were made by the Treasurer at the time of the Howard government in 2005 but the inflammatory (read interisting) comments are total fabrications.

Sorry to spoil the party - though it was a good excuse to debate the issues anyway - just would hate us to get the wriong idea about The Australian PM who by all accounts is a bit of a W*nker and far, far removed from the essence of what is portrayed in this fake SPAM email circulation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is why we had an empire, we had to show the savages how to live properly. It was our duty. "

Thank you!! Xxxx

Struggled to come up with a response to such a crass comment that wouldn't have resulted in me being banned for life!

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Thank you!! Xxxx

Struggled to come up with a response to such a crass comment that wouldn't have resulted in me being banned for life! "

It wasn't my intention to be crass or dismissive, just typed without thinking too deeply I suppose, just wondered at that moment how the country would have developed it it had been left alone - wasn't meaning anything detrimental or sinister, but that has obviously how it was taken. Z

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I see the PC crowd are out in force on this one!

but not neccesarily be fluent in the native tongue of the country they are moving to.

I do not agree with that at all! If someone wants to come to the UK to live and work (hopefully!) then it is their duty to be able to speak the language to an understandable degree. Yes I know that the PC Government and most Councils print official documents in many different languages, but why should they?

In the early 70's and 80's, I did deliveries for a flour wholesaler. Loads of the customers were Asians and the company had to employ Asians to communicate with them. But that was not the problem...

Ghetto mentality wass the problem! They tended to live in areas that quickly became no-go areas for any other than their own race, even the police were reluctant to patrol because they didn't want to stir unrest.

It wasn't the people, it was lack if integration that was the problem because most couldn't speak English.

For those that say Islam is not dangerous and that Christianity has radicals, you are right, but when did they blow up skyscrapers, buses and trains? Not all Muslims are bad or terrorists, but until Muslim leaders in places like Iran tell the general populus the truth and that it is wrong to kill in the name of Islam, we should have restrictions.

Well Done Australia"

There you go with your PC accusations again, give other members a bit of credit for thinking for themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"What a load of old Bo**ox.

Christian county? bet the Aboriginies weren't christian and they where there long before the WHITE christians got there.

I hear people in Britain talking about, Muslims and the like should live life the way we do, why, when the British empire was occupying India and half of Africa did we live life the way they did, speak their language, abide by their customs, NO! because we thought we where better than everyone else and I think some people still do.

Why does it bother people so much about what other people wear, the language they speak or the customs they up hold.

Why can't people just get on with their lives and live in harmony, I'm sure the majority of Muslims, Blacks, Asians, Irish, Hindu, Sikh or anything else for that matter are just good honest people, well ALL the ones I have been lucky enough to know have."

Personally I have no problem with anyone that wants to practice their own religion. But what I do object to is people that want to change they way I live my life, be it Muslim or Christain. And if people come here and don't want to integrate, then why should we make allowances for them and if they don't like it here, then go somewhere else, ...it's a big, big World out there. Otherwise, live and let live.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 21/04/10 22:58:26]

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

but not neccesarily be fluent in the native tongue of the country they are moving to.

Well Done Australia"

Do we have to remind you again that hundreds of thousands of British Nationals live in Spain, tens of thousands of others in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc. etc.

For many, probably the majority, the ability to use the language of the country they live in is limited.

Most Brits living in Spain and these other countries speak only enough of these languages to get them by.....just the same as tens of thousands of foreign nationals living in the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Interesting to see so many responses to this thread (mine included) yet no one has mentioned the facts about the so called "speech."

This is fake. Kevin Rudd has said nothing of the sort and in fact elements of the speech were made by the Treasurer at the time of the Howard government in 2005 but the inflammatory (read interisting) comments are total fabrications.

Sorry to spoil the party - though it was a good excuse to debate the issues anyway - just would hate us to get the wriong idea about The Australian PM who by all accounts is a bit of a W*nker and far, far removed from the essence of what is portrayed in this fake SPAM email circulation. "

Thanks for pointing that out. It shows how easily propaganda can be circulated. However, in this instance I think it matters not who said what but what is contained in the message.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Do we have to remind you again that hundreds of thousands of British Nationals live in Spain, tens of thousands of others in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc. etc.

For many, probably the majority, the ability to use the language of the country they live in is limited.

Most Brits living in Spain and these other countries speak only enough of these languages to get them by.....just the same as tens of thousands of foreign nationals living in the UK.

"

All the countries you mention are part of the EU and therefore we can settle there as a right. the fact is if we go to live and work in an islamic country we must abide by their laws and customs. They do not make allowances for our lack of knowledge or language we should do the same!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Do we have to remind you again that hundreds of thousands of British Nationals live in Spain, tens of thousands of others in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc. etc.

All the countries you mention are part of the EU and therefore we can settle there as a right. the fact is if we go to live and work in an islamic country we must abide by their laws and customs. They do not make allowances for our lack of knowledge or language we should do the same!"

The question was about language, and as far as I am aware there is not an Islamic language as Islam is a religion and not a nationality.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

And the vast majority of Muslims living in this country are British born....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And the vast majority of Muslims living in this country are British born...."

But not British bred alas, but then if your parents were not of the country in which you live which language would they teach you to speak in. As I said earlier, young Asians in the UK are struggling to cope with two identities. It's hardly surprising that they are ripe for recruit by extremist organisations.

Reply privately

By *andsomgeorgeMan
over a year ago

Rugby

The main problem with Islam specifically is the radicals will consider thenselves Muslims before any specific nationality. That scares me. They won't consider people they grew up with as their 'countrymen' or friends unless of the same belief system as them.

Eddie Izzard mused about extreme Christians, something along the lines of "we shall feed them cake, and tea. Then more cake and tea". Can't quite remember as too much Rioja not enough sleep;-)

It's that lesson we all learn at school and whilst growing up, the few spoiling it for the many (again).

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

That is very true, it's proven by the fact that the nationalities of insurgents killed in Afghanistan are so varied.

Many fundamentalist muslims will think nothing of travelling halfway across the world to fight in what they see as a holy war.

I lay a lot of the blame on successive American and British governments for allowing Israel to do as they like for years.

Reply privately

By *andsomgeorgeMan
over a year ago

Rugby

Unfortunately that was our bright idea, not one of our finest moments. Resettlement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They got the 'fool as pm' bit right I suppose.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They got the 'fool as pm' bit right I suppose. "

he won't be for long now

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Please don't paste peoples mails into the forum.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Unfortunately that was our bright idea, not one of our finest moments. Resettlement."

What was our bright idea?

Reply privately

By *andsomgeorgeMan
over a year ago

Rugby

Working out what to do with all the refugees - over a million of which were Jews after WWII. We (allies) all took ages to put anything in place for them. In our (collective) wisdom USA and Israel took the majority between them. Can't remember much more than that. But these people were all in desperate states, homeless, stateless even.

Loving the sun - happy days

Reply privately

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

To those who have taken it upon themselves to email me questioning whether my parents /grandparents would be proud of me having the opinion I do and asking if I'd have the same opinion if they had been turned away generations ago - clearly they've got two fundamental aspects wrong:

1) The OP has opened the discussion about foreigners who have chosen to settle, adopt the host country's overall way of life by choosing to integrate, e those that do the opposite whilst citing a better way of life in another country. So I'm black... does that suggest I do not adopt the British culture, state laws, or religion? Please get your facts right.

2) What makes you think my ancestors aren't proud of me? I can analyse an argument without ignorant conclusions "He's black, he's got to be foreign and hence the same as everyone else".

I think someone else needs to look at themselves.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Working out what to do with all the refugees - over a million of which were Jews after WWII. We (allies) all took ages to put anything in place for them. In our (collective) wisdom USA and Israel took the majority between them. Can't remember much more than that. But these people were all in desperate states, homeless, stateless even.

Loving the sun - happy days"

maybe you need to reread tour history and refresh your memory. We (the British) fought a guerrilla war against the stern gangs in an effort to stop the mass migration of Jews to Palestine!

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

We british dont like it now the tables are turned

We in the past turned a 3rd of the world pink

Insisting other nations becams anglisised and found god

So I do think its a tad ironic whats happening to us in our own country

But given the fact that we no longer bulldoze oursleves on "less civilised" countries anymore then I do think we should follow the Ozzie example

We are british

speak english

and god/christianity is our main religion

If you don't like how we live, stay where you are or go elsewhere but here

Reply privately

By *ay112Man
over a year ago

northwest

All the countries you mention are part of the EU and therefore we can settle there as a right. the fact is if we go to live and work in an islamic country we must abide by their laws and customs. They do not make allowances for our lack of knowledge or language we should do the same!"

You visited Dubai? Mant ex pats dont speak arabic 1 bit, even have bars etc to cater for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All the countries you mention are part of the EU and therefore we can settle there as a right. the fact is if we go to live and work in an islamic country we must abide by their laws and customs. They do not make allowances for our lack of knowledge or language we should do the same!

You visited Dubai? Mant ex pats dont speak arabic 1 bit, even have bars etc to cater for. "

most countries have a wee bit of britain in them!! the conquer and demolish runs through.......

i just had a good laugh readin travel reviews most of the complaints the same thing and i quote " they didnt do english breakfast" turkey..... "it was full of spanish" spain.... thats just two lol!!!

we expect everythin our way whether we in a different country or not!

im actually bookin the hotel that said very few british guests that way i may feel im in a different country on holiday not at home durin a good spell!! xx

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

Well Done Australia

Do we have to remind you again that hundreds of thousands of British Nationals live in Spain, tens of thousands of others in France, Germany, Holland, Italy etc. etc.

"

Yes ex pats are the worst culprits

The should learn the language in my opinion and intigrate far more

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why oh why are people still harping on about 200 years ago, or even 50 years ago. It was a different world then, we understood so much less about pretty much everything. Today's mass movement of economic migrants has bugger all to do with Nelson & Victory, nor Churchill and Douglas bleedin Bader! It's about policies adopted by the government of today that has opened the door unrestricted to anyone who wants to come here without putting in place any means of assessing these migrants and ensuring that they intend to integrate into our society as opposed to detract from it and set up their own little enclaves that replicate the place where they've just come from.

The fault lies with the government, not Churchill, not Nelson or Wellington, but today's Labour government who have had an open-door policy for years and are only now talking about caps and skills-testing because they've realised that we're mightily fucked off with it and they'll lose this election on it.

The Australian example may be hardline to some, and almost racist to others, but the intention is to ensure Australia's public services do not sink under a deluge of scrounging economic refugees who swarm to a place of milk & honey like a bunch of parasites intent on consuming everything they possibly can and leaving fuck all in their wake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

and there is a swoopin assumption!

does anyone ever think , if they were in that position they would flee the country and try and head somewhere with a better chance at life??

rememberin in the uk whilst waitin for decision if they can stay in country they cant work so need to rely on handouts?

or the amount of money that does come into the economy from non british people?

there no doubt austrailias policy is better but as they not part of the eu or anywhere else they can have this policy and it does serve its purpose xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

The thing about bieng muslim in many countries is the men make take the koran and interpret it to suit themselves.

We/me... as non muslims are not considered worthy of any consideration at all.

Spending quite alot of time in turkey and bieng in a relationship with a turk for 6 yrs taught me alot about their way of thinking.

We matter not a jot and if they scam us or insult us its ok.

They only answer to allah about wrongs done to their own.

Women are there to serve and do as their told .

Many mothers send off their sons to do whatever it takes to make money for the family pot, and if that means sleeping with 80 yr olds etc. then so be it.

I dont want to live beside people whose views reflect this personally.

My parents taught me to respect everyone

regardless of colour and faith.

I wish all religions...parents etc...

Did the same.

the world would be a much better place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and there is a swoopin assumption!

does anyone ever think , if they were in that position they would flee the country and try and head somewhere with a better chance at life??

rememberin in the uk whilst waitin for decision if they can stay in country they cant work so need to rely on handouts?

or the amount of money that does come into the economy from non british people?

there no doubt austrailias policy is better but as they not part of the eu or anywhere else they can have this policy and it does serve its purpose xx"

Years ago I found myself unemployed and I signed on only to be told that I hadn't paid enough Class 1 stamp for the previous two years and I wasn't entitled to unemployment benefit, but I still had to come and sign every two weeks so that I could be accredited with N.I. contributions. This I did for two months, with no assistance from the govt towards travelling to and from the dole office (a round trip of ten miles and four bus journeys).

After two months I was told that I wouldn't be accredited with any N.I. contribs after all. So the next time I went to sign the smarmy little oik behind the counter duly asked me if I'd done any work in the previous two weeks for which I had been paid to which I replied, "mind your own fucking business!" He seemed a little taken aback by my attitude to his intrusion into my private life and said that he had to ask me this question. I responded by telling him that when the government pay me for such information I'll be happy to supply it. I then tore up my dole card and spread it like confetti all over his desk. My parting words were, "If I was a foreigner with ten kids and no job you'd be throwing houses at me." He replied, "I know, but I don't make the rules."

That's how the government treat white heterosexual single British males in our own country. I doubt it has changed much since then and that's why I support the Aussie stance on migrants, because I wish our government looked after it's own before helping any other fooker that comes here without a job to go to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

everyones got their horror stories when dealin with the benefits office your talkin to someone that left her kid sittin in one and told them to feed and clothe her because i was self employed before i had her and apparently wasnt entitled to anythin!!

the point is the british government promoted immigration into britain when it suited them scotland still does it because we have declining population and skill gaps etc times people need to look at the big picture not just jump on the media hype about it and maybe open their minds a bit to the bigger picture?

stereotypin and prejudice and emphasising the bad points and not the good is never a good thing and creates divides and causes the problem!

lets face it without immigrants of any form britain would grind to a halt but there is no doubt in my mind personally, the government needs to totally restructure its immigration policies and quickly before we head into either civil unrest or a complete collapes of public services xx

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

I hate to say I agree with wishy and it pains me to say so BUT I DO

I do the job I do because the state to whom I have paid in all my life, offered me nothing when I was far too ill to work

I could not even get free prescriptions

So I work, set up my own little company, pay as little tax as possible and work hours to suit myself so that I don't HAVE TO OR NEED to sign on

I prefer my way of doing things

I have my self respect this way and pay for everything I need myself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

100%, that's the problem, all in the interpretation and the education level of the belivers

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I believe that an immigrant settling in any country should be prepared to live by the laws of that country, but not neccesarily be fluent in the native tongue of the country they are moving to."

I feel it is essential that they learn the local language, or they will not be able to integrate. They will not understand how the locals live, won't be able to follow the news or TV etc Thus unable to integrate...

Should people who have lived here say 5 years, still need things translating for them???????????????????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I agree totally, there is no clear system of control or accountability in Islam. But I truly believe that the actions of Israel and the complicity of the United States with regards to Palestine and that whole region is a massive factor in rising fundamentalism within Islam.

George Bush (Snr and Jnr) have a lot to answer for in my eyes, they have simply added kindling to the fires that burn within the Muslim world."

Oh dear, if the other Arab country did not want Israel destroy and forced off the face of the earth, peace would come a lot quicker in the middle east. It looks like you are wanting to deny Israel the right to exist, no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"whooo i must be pc now another feather in my hat!!

the point is every religion has its nutcases if my memory serves me correctly the ira were fond of blowin up places!

there is no doubt some people wont intergrate into this country and its traditions etc and there are some who do but also have their own customs and traditions that are part of their culture and they have the right to do this the same as we have the right for our customs and traditions!

there no doubt at times the pc brigade has went crazy in regards to christmas etc i dont dispute that fact, but i also know the contribution a lot of other cultures have made to this country but also why some of the young muslims etc are led into fanaticism!

religion is one thing im glad i dont have a great interest in i know where im goin when the time comes but at least it will be warm and full of interestin people!! xx

"

We like pork, some cultures don't, can I eat it where I like in the UK?

Reply privately

By *ay112Man
over a year ago

northwest

"I agree totally, there is no clear system of control or accountability in Islam. But I truly believe that the actions of Israel and the complicity of the United States with regards to Palestine and that whole region is a massive factor in rising fundamentalism within Islam.

George Bush (Snr and Jnr) have a lot to answer for in my eyes, they have simply added kindling to the fires that burn within the Muslim world.

Oh dear, if the other Arab country did not want Israel destroy and forced off the face of the earth, peace would come a lot quicker in the middle east. It looks like you are wanting to deny Israel the right to exist, no?"

seen whats happening in Palestine because of Israel? Seen 1st hand how they live yet theres not much help getting to them

Reply privately

over a year ago

".....just would hate us to get the wriong idea about The Australian PM who by all accounts is a bit of a W*nker and far, far removed from the essence of what is portrayed in this fake SPAM email circulation. "

I think we have a similar one in the UK

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........

"

And do those countries bend over backwards to accommodate them, and have translation and interpreters available in practically every public service ???????????????????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Please don't paste peoples mails into the forum."

Why?

Many people are saying one thing in public and another in private emails...

Reply privately

over a year ago

We like pork, some cultures don't, can I eat it where I like in the UK?"

everytime i cook pork i end up poisonin someone!!

would you like to come to dinner??

as far as im concerned you can eat what you like when you like?? x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh dear, if the other Arab country did not want Israel destroy and forced off the face of the earth, peace would come a lot quicker in the middle east. It looks like you are wanting to deny Israel the right to exist, no?

seen whats happening in Palestine because of Israel? Seen 1st hand how they live yet theres not much help getting to them "

Indeed, their fellow arabs are not interested in helping them are they! They all want to keep them out...

Reply privately

over a year ago

We like pork, some cultures don't, can I eat it where I like in the UK?

everytime i cook pork i end up poisonin someone!!

would you like to come to dinner??

as far as im concerned you can eat what you like when you like?? x"

I will pass on the pork meal with you, I know you are happy for me to eat what I want where I want, sadly you are not in a position to guarantee that...

Reply privately

over a year ago

so where has refused to let you eat pork in their premises??

or did you go into the veggie restaraunt and ask for it? or somewhere where its not generally on the menu?? x

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

can I have any unwanted pork joints that no one wants

apple sauce mmmmm

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Please don't paste peoples mails into the forum.

Why?

Many people are saying one thing in public and another in private emails..."

Because you can't.

If people want to speak in private rather than on a forum, that is their choice. If they wanted it to be plastered on a forum, they would do it themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

mans got a point no denying it . think the geography of oz has a lot to do with it . their general attitude to life and the fact they prob understand a little bit more about immigration and actually run their own country unlike us . my only complaint about them is that when i was there i found them a tad on the racist side , we went out with a few indians and some of the lads were british indians and well was not fun for any of them . but surely what he saying is common sense ?? i agree with many on here that the british are too soft now , however its quite amusing to note that a lot of folk are saying british this and british that , when i can distinctly remember asking not long ago about what folk consider themself anglish, british , scottish , irish , welsh or whatever they happen to be and werent too many then going on about british , aussies dont have that problem or being run form a foreign country , do you think this fella would have been allowed to say that if he was running a european country ?? seems to me most former colonies are better run politically and far better managed on the ground than we are now , its a shame that he has to come out and say it the way he did but needs must i guess .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

Why?

Because you can't.

If people want to speak in private rather than on a forum, that is their choice. If they wanted it to be plastered on a forum, they would do it themselves."

That's fair comment as it was me that put it on there (didn't know and didn't think) and I apologise.

Just a bit knarked that is person attacked me, when I thought my post was pretty balanced and the emailer cleary hadn't read it properly, but hey ho, point taken.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

There was a couple of posts so wasn't just to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There was a couple of posts so wasn't just to you "

I posted his message as well but as his message contained references to the plural, ie. "You's guys" ... I thought he'd hit the wrong link and privated me instead of posting on the forum as was his probable intention.

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

WASN'T ME

tee hee

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lmao @ you pair outing yourselves !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lmao @ you pair outing yourselves !! "

I'm out!! I'm out!!... Take Me! Take Me! ... Roughly from behind sweetie... puuurlease!!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

~~~gets biggest butt plug I can find ...........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"~~~gets biggest butt plug I can find ..........."

oooo that's just nastily yummy, u little fruitcake.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

oh I love fruitcake..........but not with cherries

Reply privately

over a year ago

"oh I love fruitcake..........but not with cherries"

In a roundabout sort of way, with you raising the subject of butt plugs etc... you've inadvertently got this thread back on track... see the title .. hehehe

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"oh I love fruitcake..........but not with cherries

In a roundabout sort of way, with you raising the subject of butt plugs etc... you've inadvertently got this thread back on track... see the title .. hehehe "

lol I would say it was intentional to make me look clever but I am guessing you wouldn't believe me

But yes, it has now come full circle

Reply privately

over a year ago

In a roundabout sort of way, with you raising the subject of butt plugs etc... you've inadvertently got this thread back on track... see the title .. hehehe

lol I would say it was intentional to make me look clever but I am guessing you wouldn't believe me

But yes, it has now come full circle "

So the final analysis is that the Aussie PM says what he says about immigrants cos one of them tried to rodger him with a butt plug once?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why?

Because you can't.

If people want to speak in private rather than on a forum, that is their choice. If they wanted it to be plastered on a forum, they would do it themselves."

Oh wasn't aware of that rule, where is it available?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

But yes, it has now come full circle

So the final analysis is that the Aussie PM says what he says about immigrants cos one of them tried to rodger him with a butt plug once? "

Well you live and learn!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why?

Because you can't.

If people want to speak in private rather than on a forum, that is their choice. If they wanted it to be plastered on a forum, they would do it themselves.

"

Ruggers knocks em out the back of his wagon down the market on Saturday afternoon while the rozzers ain't lookin.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Why?

Because you can't.

"

Try posting peoples mails and you will find out if it is or not

For clarification.....Admin do not agree with PRIVATE mails being copied and pasted on the forum, as the clue is in the name of PRIVATE.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Why?

Because you can't.

Ruggers knocks em out the back of his wagon down the market on Saturday afternoon while the rozzers ain't lookin. "

errr HER wagon, get it right !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why?

Because you can't.

Ruggers knocks em out the back of his wagon down the market on Saturday afternoon while the rozzers ain't lookin.

errr HER wagon, get it right !!"

oops... sorry... your clit must be in a state of arousal today, hence the error. hehehehe

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lmao

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why?

Because you can't.

Try posting peoples mails and you will find out if it is or not

For clarification.....Admin do not agree with PRIVATE mails being copied and pasted on the forum, as the clue is in the name of PRIVATE."

Ah right so it's not in the FAQ or anything, just something that's sort of one gets to know, hmm OK.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Being a constant arse on the forums isn't in the FAQ and that isn't allowed either

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PS I am guessing Admin are hoping that people will be decent enough not to do it, as I am sure most people wouldn't like it done to them if the tables were turned.

Reply privately

over a year ago

{Wishy hears the sound of knives sharpening and muted calls for "Bert, we got another one coming, get the grease will ya!"}

Reply privately

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We don't have an exhaustive list of do's and don'ts because it would be exhausting to produce!

We do rely on a wee bit of common sense. I'm pretty sure most of us on here would be upset if private mails we sent got posted on a public forum. That's why it's not ok (and usually results in a permanent forum ban).

Please try to remember that the forums are meant to be a bit of light hearted fun not a place to air dirty laundry

Admin x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well not sure wot to say about this one really,,,just hope everyone follows the safe rules n regulations then we all have fun!! woohoo!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"....Please try to remember that the forums are meant to be a bit of light hearted fun, not a place to air dirty laundry

Admin x"

Will do

Reply privately

By *catsoutMan
over a year ago

kent

a couple of weeks ago i was talking to a man from bangladesh who lives here. out of interest i asked him what things were like out there now. his reply was that things have got much worse in most of the countries since the british gave up rule. he works in curry's and spoke very good english. so was the empire really a bad thing?

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

a very slight deviation from the original subject. This morning I had a private mail from someone on this site about this thread and my posts that said we reap what we sew and. I answered the mail with what I feel was a reasonable reply. The response was that the original mailer has now blocked me. I would like to say to them that in my opinion by their actions they prove my and most other posters point. Now I may be wrong about my reply would others please judge (I have removed the first part of my mail as it would identify the original mailer):

thanks for mailing me and may I ask your names?

You may have a point about how indigenous populations were treated by some British, however as I understand our (British) history the formation of the empire was not by design but by default in order to stop the French from colonizing India, the Spanish America and the Dutch South Africa and New Zealand. I am happy to chat about all of them with you, but if you don't mind lets start with India.

I take it from your add and first comment that you are Indian, please correct me if I am wrong but before the arrival of the British wasn't the subcontinent ruled by the mogul (Arab) empire, and didn't Jenna (forgive the spelling if wrong) and his Muslim brotherhood force the partition of India because he believed that Muslims should rule and Hindu's were inferior.

I now look around the UK and see the same attitude here coming from the same people. I don't know why but Hindus, Sheiks, Jews, catholics, Protestants in fact nearly every religion seem to be able to rub along together here. However Muslims refuse to integrate and now we have second and third generation Pakistani Muslims who think that it is their right to start another Mogul empire and Caliphate here.

I have no problem with anyone coming to this country, in fact I believe that diversity is what makes this country a rich and vibrant place. My objection is to those who want to turn the UK into another version of the country that they have left. As an Indian I am sure you will understand what I mean when I say that my deepest sympathies lie with Hindus and Sheiks who are identified with Pakistanis because most white British don't know the difference because it is the Pakistani community that keep themselves separate and refuse to integrate.

I would be interested in hearing any comments and observations you have.

If you wish to discuss the British Raj its formation, rule and eventual dismantling I will happily do so, but I would be more interested in your views about what is happening now. I am sending you a friends request, it is your choice if you accept but you may find my private pics interesting.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Will

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"a very slight deviation from the original subject. This morning I had a private mail from someone on this site about this thread and my posts that said we reap what we sew and. I answered the mail with what I feel was a reasonable reply. The response was that the original mailer has now blocked me. I would like to say to them that in my opinion by their actions they prove my and most other posters point. Now I may be wrong about my reply would others please judge (I have removed the first part of my mail as it would identify the original mailer):

thanks for mailing me and may I ask your names?

You may have a point about how indigenous populations were treated by some British, however as I understand our (British) history the formation of the empire was not by design but by default in order to stop the French from colonizing India, the Spanish America and the Dutch South Africa and New Zealand. I am happy to chat about all of them with you, but if you don't mind lets start with India.

I take it from your add and first comment that you are Indian, please correct me if I am wrong but before the arrival of the British wasn't the subcontinent ruled by the mogul (Arab) empire, and didn't Jenna (forgive the spelling if wrong) and his Muslim brotherhood force the partition of India because he believed that Muslims should rule and Hindu's were inferior.

I now look around the UK and see the same attitude here coming from the same people. I don't know why but Hindus, Sheiks, Jews, catholics, Protestants in fact nearly every religion seem to be able to rub along together here. However Muslims refuse to integrate and now we have second and third generation Pakistani Muslims who think that it is their right to start another Mogul empire and Caliphate here.

I have no problem with anyone coming to this country, in fact I believe that diversity is what makes this country a rich and vibrant place. My objection is to those who want to turn the UK into another version of the country that they have left. As an Indian I am sure you will understand what I mean when I say that my deepest sympathies lie with Hindus and Sheiks who are identified with Pakistanis because most white British don't know the difference because it is the Pakistani community that keep themselves separate and refuse to integrate.

I would be interested in hearing any comments and observations you have.

If you wish to discuss the British Raj its formation, rule and eventual dismantling I will happily do so, but I would be more interested in your views about what is happening now. I am sending you a friends request, it is your choice if you accept but you may find my private pics interesting.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Will"

I too sent a reasonable reply and was duly and unreasonable blocked. Ah well, I guess I'll get over it, ...yep, over it!

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"I too sent a reasonable reply and was duly and unreasonable blocked. Ah well, I guess I'll get over it, ...yep, over it! "

glad it's not just me that got sent the broom cupboard!

Nice and dark in here, lets play LoL

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh for goodness sake play nicely!! xx

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

I like it when SOMEONE else fights to

Am I bad?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like it when SOMEONE else fights to

Am I bad? "

yeah lol!! ps nice corset love it!! x

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"oh for goodness sake play nicely!! xx"

I always play [i]nice[/i] wanna join?

Reply privately

over a year ago

yeah why not!! lol xx

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

Am I bad?

yeah lol!! ps nice corset love it!! x"

Can I hold the boxing gloves, so they have a fist fight haha

Thanks treated myself to sommat new

I love purple

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Am I bad? "

only if you cum in the broom cupboard! and thats goood

Reply privately

over a year ago

Am I bad?

I love purple "

it is a lovely colour! not bein rude where did you get it?

just the gloves you holdin lol?? xx

Reply privately

By *andsomgeorgeMan
over a year ago

Rugby

You are absolutely right - yes we did initially. Then Israel became independent and made their own decision. I was posting from the mobile whilst taking a break so didn't want anything too long or boring (see my other posts, I'm only now learning). We did take too long as a group of nations to help though.

OP has provided a topic for much discussion judging by length and twists of this thread.

It's a gorgeous evening - who is going to open some wine and get the bbq going? Meat choice entirely personal and down to beliefs.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Am I bad?

I love purple "

Awe its better with the big gloves on

Reply privately

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

Am I bad?

I love purple

it is a lovely colour! not bein rude where did you get it?

just the gloves you holdin lol?? xx"

I got it from ebay

typed in lard arse and corsets

It wsn't too expensive either

Reply privately

over a year ago

your bloody crazy lol!! its lovely might have a wee look later xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I too sent a reasonable reply and was duly and unreasonable blocked. Ah well, I guess I'll get over it, ...yep, over it!

"

Getting quite cramped in your cupboard now, ...and I hope that's your broom?

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"I too sent a reasonable reply and was duly and unreasonable blocked. Ah well, I guess I'll get over it, ...yep, over it!

Getting quite cramped in your cupboard now, ...and I hope that's your broom? "

does it buzzzzz

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

does it buzzzzz "

I'm afraid I got several messages my self from the same people - didn't really make that much sense but I managed to block them before the had a chance to block me! Any room in the cupboard please? Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

Barnstaple

does it buzzzzz "

No yet, but it does have very short handle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I guess many people who have posted something in this thread got a private message about the thread, of course they haven't actually posted anything on the thread them selves, but...hey ho, guess they can...

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

think we may need to move into the kitchen, it is where all the best people play in parties! must be the spin cycle LoL

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

on a serious note it is a shame that the PM's are not willing to debate with us in public, they may find that some of us are not racial/religious bigots but are in fact quiet enlightened and that is why we hold relatively radical views.

Reply privately

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I vote that each time a huge amout of people imigrate to Britain or come as refuges, we anex the area they left and send in British low income familys to live.

when they arive, they should drink lots, sit around on corners in hoodys and complain untill it's made a law to do so, refusing to accept any of the countrys laws, untill it becomes a little britain..

Realy I just belive, if you move to a country, by all meens hold onto your traditions, but learn to mix with the locals and accept they arn't suposed to change to fit you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is there any precedent on this or other forums to post such a potentially actionable post like the one made by the OP ?

Kevin Rudd did not make this statement - it is false, fake - a sham. It has been doing the rounds for five years.

If we were to make up a statement from, say, Nick Clegg stating that - for example - cruising homosexuals have no place in modern society. I reckon that the thread might get pulled.

So why do we allow a false statement alleged to be made by the Australian PM to hang around?

By all means let's debate the issues - but it seems strange that so many people seem to hanging on to this statement as fact when nothing could be further from truth.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I received it as an email and had never heard of it being a scam. I already knew that a former Aussie PM was quite vociferously outspoken and thought that that's how they made them over there. I didn't check the article for accuracy before posting it as I felt that regardless of who said it, the message was a valid one.

If you don't like it, don't post on it.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Obviously that is up to them how they debate anything.......but yes, it could well end up a better debate the more people debate it."

I totally agree with that across the board. On this subject even more than most, especially here. After all we are all swingers here and if those that the original post was aimed at (even if the speech was made up) ever gain power us males will be beheaded and you girls get to be buried up to the neck and stoned to death by those pious Muslims, which is a point I think many of us fail to recognize.

I just wonder what they would do to a Muslim swinger, after all they must exist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which, incidentally, echoes the sentiments of the opening post.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I received it as an email and had never heard of it being a scam. I already knew that a former Aussie PM was quite vociferously outspoken and thought that that's how they made them over there. I didn't check the article for accuracy before posting it as I felt that regardless of who said it, the message was a valid one.

If you don't like it, don't post on it. "

You have attributed it to the current PM of Australia. The previous PM was John Howard and it was his Treasurer who made a statement in 2005 that contained about 5% of what is in the post - the rest was made up and attributed to John Howard. It has morphed even more in recent years and has now been attributed to Kevin Rudd.

Please don't think that Kevin Rudd has any such thoughts as those portrayed in the post. By all accounts he is a bit of a lilly livered eco warrior with little or none of the backbone that you might imagine.

I am not trying to Pee on your bonfire but just thought we should know that the Aussie PM is NOT quite how the message is portrayed.

No offence.

Reply privately

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

I hang my head.... surely not here as well.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"You have attributed it to the current PM of Australia. The previous PM was John Howard and it was his Treasurer who made a statement in 2005 that contained about 5% of what is in the post - the rest was made up and attributed to John Howard. It has morphed even more in recent years and has now been attributed to Kevin Rudd.

Please don't think that Kevin Rudd has any such thoughts as those portrayed in the post. By all accounts he is a bit of a lilly livered eco warrior with little or none of the backbone that you might imagine.

I am not trying to Pee on your bonfire but just thought we should know that the Aussie PM is NOT quite how the message is portrayed.

No offence."

may be this helps those of a politically correct persuasion: (just think how many English speaking countries they have attacked and for how long)

(Enter country here) Prime Minister (Enter name here) who said the following recently:

~

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of (enter country), as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, (enter name) angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT (enter country), MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on (enter place), we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of (enter country). '

'Most (enter country) believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great (enter country) freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

don't you just wish we all politicians with balls!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Listen - I agree with the sentiment - 100%. Unfortunately the speech is not attributable to anyone and therefore I can't say what I would like to say - Well said that man !

If you believe in conspiracy theories have a look around the net for this speech and allegefly it was first SPAMMED by an American right wing (Nazi) group which is rather sad as it taints the message to one that I personally would rather distance myself from publicly not matter how privately I might agree with it.

Reply privately

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Listen - I agree with the sentiment - 100%. Unfortunately the speech is not attributable to anyone and therefore I can't say what I would like to say - Well said that man !

If you believe in conspiracy theories have a look around the net for this speech and allegefly it was first SPAMMED by an American right wing (Nazi) group which is rather sad as it taints the message to one that I personally would rather distance myself from publicly not matter how privately I might agree with it."

Agree 100%, but the problem is with our mainstream politicians who are so afraid of upsetting 1 in 20 that they will ignore 19 in 20 of us and as a result allow the likes of the BMP to promote their fascist bigotry on the back of our real concerns.

Reply privately

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Closing thread because the original message is misquoted and misattributed.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/thisisamerica.asp

Admin x

Reply privately