Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Volatile

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how do you handle a difficult volatile boss ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

quit lol xxx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"how do you handle a difficult volatile boss ?

"

Leave and find a better one.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

hope you find something out about him that he doesn't want his wife to know

over a year ago

Male and female bosses are included in the survey .. lol

over a year ago

wind them up till they either fire me , move me or have a breakdown!! xx

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"hope you find something out about him/her that he/she doesn't want his/her wife/husband to know"

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 20/04/10 17:41:28]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 20/04/10 17:41:28]"

Was not referring to myself but for asking on behalf of a colleague - I am the one caught up to mediate between them.

The employee is stressed, as is the boss and ideally we would like to resolve it peacefully for the benefit of relationships in the team and the wider organisation. Thanks for the suggestion though.

over a year ago

Talk to them...and ask them if they have any problems they want to share...and offer to support them...

If its just their personality...tjust be calm and professional...if they wont change ...go to H.R...if it gets too much hassle ...look for employment elsewhere...not an easy one to answer...bosses like this can make peeps life hell..

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I'll ask my staff...

over a year ago

"I'll ask my staff..."

Thanks - that would be really helpful to get another perspective.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Calling him/her a wanker don't help, as I found out the hard way D'oh

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

Try being overly charming, I'm sure they'll get the idea and bound to throw of guard.

Other than that, just confront them and tell them you don't appreciate being spoken to like that, they probably don't even realise they're doing it. It could be worse, you could be married to them!

over a year ago

You shud start by reporting him to your HR dept.... if your in a union, mention whats going on to your representative & take him/her along to see your HR manager...

Bullying in the workplace is now taken extremly seriously by Industrial tribunals.

No one shud have to put up with bullying at their workplace, least of all from a manager.

It may be difficult & downright uncomfortable for you at work, but if you can find the courage to take it further it will pay off... if you don`t, he will continue his bullying ways against you & others.

Biggest thing is... don`t let the B***ard grind you down....

Hope you manage to sort the A***ole....

over a year ago

So far I have been very fortunate with bosses. I have always have honest and open relationships with my bosses, and had been described as being "brutally honest" by some of them.

If I have any issues with them, I would tell them so myself, face to face, or in writing.

If I charged into their offices with a sharp knock on the door, and closed it behind me, they knew they were in trouble!

At the end of the day, if I don't like the boss or the job etc., I can always go and work for someone else. The choice is mine.

By *ottongue49Man
over a year ago

BARNSLEY

see if you can possibly put him on fab.Make a profile up as him been a closet gay who is very bi-curious and wants to either watch/join in on gay gang bangs

over a year ago

Thank you all for you suggestions - was also wondering if the conflict between the boss (who has been quite difficult) and the colleague could be sorted "peacefully" thinking of long term future of the team spirit. And I am right in the middle of it!

over a year ago

"Thank you all for you suggestions - was also wondering if the conflict between the boss (who has been quite difficult) and the colleague could be sorted "peacefully" thinking of long term future of the team spirit. And I am right in the middle of it! "

Tell them both that you refuse to be caught up in the middle of it and withdraw tactfully. Then maybe they'll be forced to confront their issues face-to-face and sort it out.

over a year ago

"Thank you all for you suggestions - was also wondering if the conflict between the boss (who has been quite difficult) and the colleague could be sorted "peacefully" thinking of long term future of the team spirit. And I am right in the middle of it!

Tell them both that you refuse to be caught up in the middle of it and withdraw tactfully. Then maybe they'll be forced to confront their issues face-to-face and sort it out."

Actually that might be a good way to stop them in their tracks - and by doing so it might make them think. Good point, thanks

over a year ago

Told him he was a tosser (i did apologise the following day )

over a year ago

point out his people and management skills need more work

over a year ago

"how do you handle a difficult volatile boss ?

"

i give myself a good talking too !!!

over a year ago

"Thank you all for you suggestions - was also wondering if the conflict between the boss (who has been quite difficult) and the colleague could be sorted "peacefully" thinking of long term future of the team spirit. And I am right in the middle of it!

Tell them both that you refuse to be caught up in the middle of it and withdraw tactfully. Then maybe they'll be forced to confront their issues face-to-face and sort it out.

Actually that might be a good way to stop them in their tracks - and by doing so it might make them think. Good point, thanks "

It worked - they looked at each other in bewilderment when I explained how it felt for me to be piggy in the middle. Seems to have started a shift in position and promoted a bit more tolerance on the boss' side. Thanks

By *ariner192Man
over a year ago

Near Newport

Well mine is not fro a friend, I have to handle him with kids gloves as he decides to "blow up" first, see what happens, and then when you prove him wrong goes off in a sulk.

So learnt what buttons to push to make him get it all wrong so he looks stupid to his bosses. Works a treat.

I did like the quote I read the other day....

"Remember: Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic." my boss is a professional !!!

over a year ago

"Well mine is not fro a friend, I have to handle him with kids gloves as he decides to "blow up" first, see what happens, and then when you prove him wrong goes off in a sulk.

So learnt what buttons to push to make him get it all wrong so he looks stupid to his bosses. Works a treat.

I did like the quote I read the other day....

"Remember: Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic." my boss is a professional !!!"

Tried that today and that too worked a treat - mind you one of the team has announced that she is pregnant so the dynamics have changed a bit anyway, and one is leaving to follow his partner abroad. Amazing how small changes can affect an entire team

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 23/04/10 21:16:54]

over a year ago

I am the boss ... of myself and I can be quite volatile, but that's the welsh in me lol xxx

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i worked with a guy.who when the the boss cracked,he just agreed with him,or said, i you could be right.but in such a way, half way through the rollicking,you could see the boss start to think, is this guy taking the piss.he won every argument,without arguing.i always thought,how the f*** do you do that.its an art,genius.

over a year ago

I guess humour comes into the equation - if you can get an irate boss/ colleague see the funny side of things you are half way there as well..?

Post new Message to Thread