Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TESCO

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tesco has posted pre-tax profits of £3.4bn for the year to February 27, up 10.1% on the previous year......so....where's my clubcard points quadruple bonus????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

And they still have the cheek to charge for bags

over a year ago

seems like i payed for half that profit, my bank statement reads like a tesco advert

By *1dKingColeMan
over a year ago

east london

"And they still have the cheek to charge for bags "

Very in favour of them and in-fact everyone charging for bags, makes for much more sensible use at the checkout and reduced wast / environmental impact, etc.

Mr Green Hat on here today LOL

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Ours don't charge for carrier bags.

The re-usable ones yep, but not the standard carrier bags.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"And they still have the cheek to charge for bags

Very in favour of them and in-fact everyone charging for bags, makes for much more sensible use at the checkout and reduced wast / environmental impact, etc.

Mr Green Hat on here today LOL "

I do buy bags sometimes,I never remember the bloody things when I next go though lol

When they stop packaging the majority of their products in a ton of useless plastic ill allow them to glare at me as if im personally responsible for the end of the world because I have the cheek to ask for a free bag

over a year ago

"And they still have the cheek to charge for bags

Mr Green Hat on here today LOL

I do buy bags sometimes,I never remember the bloody things when I next go though lol

When they stop packaging the majority of their products in a ton of useless plastic ill allow them to glare at me as if im personally responsible for the end of the world because I have the cheek to ask for a free bag

"

quite agree, prob 90% of our rubish is from food packaging

over a year ago

lidl,have always charged for bags,n as i am a miserable sod,i tend to use one of their empty boxes to carry my shopping home,ihave since adopted this policy in all supermarkets now,because like the previous thread i always forget to bring the bloody bags withthme when i go shopping.the boxes can then be cut up n put in the recycling bin

over a year ago

You must live somewhere far posher than I, they don't charge for bags here.

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

I'm not allowed to shop in Tesco's

Look what they have done to the likes of Hexham !!

It was a thriving market town, butcher, fish monger, bakers' all family run shops..

All gone now due to Tesco's, its like a ghost town now..

over a year ago

"I'm not allowed to shop in Tesco's

It was a thriving market town, butcher, fish monger, bakers' all family run shops..

"

basically because most people like to be able to pull up, by everything from the one shop, and go.

over a year ago

basically because most people like to be able to pull up, by everything from the one shop, and go."

and pay for the privilege!

I always find it cheaper to shop in local shops and buy what i want that's not pre-packed into plastic. If you want 3 chops you buy 3 not 4 or 6 etc long live the small local shops that offer customer service not just what Tesco can make the most margin on. Yes thats right its all about margin to them NOT customer choice. I know i've supplyed them!

Hops off soap box

over a year ago

"

It's the same in Gatshead where Tesco own practically all of the town centre. Now they're redevloping the whole area with one of their Hypermarkets right in the centre of it. By owning all the land they can also stop anyone else building a supermarket there too. Monopoly springs to mind here.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

tesco are like a cancer that spreads

shame local councils don't think more long term when they allow them to invade our high streets

It does seem live a monopoly

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Tesco bought the old Vaux Brewery site in Sunderland 10 yrs ago, the site still stands empty..

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

basically because most people like to be able to pull up, by everything from the one shop, and go."

OK think about this, young band starting out, produce 20CD's, I know not many, local music shop takes them puts them on the shelf, band gets a step on the ladder..

Not Tesco, not interested, they only interested in Popular Trendy stuff, and selling it cheaper than anywhere else, causeing the little music shop to close, band dont stand a chance...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"every little helps" though HPC

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Tesco bought the old Vaux Brewery site in Sunderland 10 yrs ago, the site still stands empty..

"

They have a policy of buying Brown Field sites in order to stop their competitors buying them and opening stores in competition.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"And they still have the cheek to charge for bags "every little helps" though HPC "

The BOGOF's are the best deal tho

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"And they still have the cheek to charge for bags "every little helps" though HPC

The BOGOF's are the best deal tho "

oh ..without a doubt

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

We won't shop at Tesco! They have far too much power now and the things they know about you are frightening!

You shop at Tesco and perhaps don't have quite as healthy a diet as you should. They then sell you life insurance and it is a pretty good price, but stop! If you get ill and die, will they refuse to pay out the full amount because you were complicit in your downfall? I remember when the old Norwich Union said they were going to start getting lifestyle information from people. There was an outcry! Now tesco get it for nothing and no one says a word..

Because of your credit/debit cards, they know exactly which of their shops you go to. but that is only part of it! You also have a Tesco mobile. They can track where you are at any time they want.

You buy fuel at their garages, they all have number plate recognition. They know the pump, they know the car, they know the card, in fact they know everything about you.

Yes, I know those club card points are handy, but is it worth all they know about you? And they make a fortune selling selected information to third parties!

over a year ago

basically because most people like to be able to pull up, by everything from the one shop, and go.

OK think about this, young band starting out, produce 20CD's, I know not many, local music shop takes them puts them on the shelf, band gets a step on the ladder..

Not Tesco, not interested, they only interested in Popular Trendy stuff, and selling it cheaper than anywhere else, causeing the little music shop to close, band dont stand a chance...

"

There is a bright side to this also.

Unknown bands are now forced to make their music available via the internet, which in turn allows them to produce more than 20 cd's and get themselves out across the WWW rather than their local shops.

over a year ago

birmingham

"We won't shop at Tesco! They have far too much power now and the things they know about you are frightening!

You shop at Tesco and perhaps don't have quite as healthy a diet as you should. They then sell you life insurance and it is a pretty good price, but stop! If you get ill and die, will they refuse to pay out the full amount because you were complicit in your downfall? I remember when the old Norwich Union said they were going to start getting lifestyle information from people. There was an outcry! Now tesco get it for nothing and no one says a word..

Because of your credit/debit cards, they know exactly which of their shops you go to. but that is only part of it! You also have a Tesco mobile. They can track where you are at any time they want.

You buy fuel at their garages, they all have number plate recognition. They know the pump, they know the car, they know the card, in fact they know everything about you.

Yes, I know those club card points are handy, but is it worth all they know about you? And they make a fortune selling selected information to third parties! "

That sounds like a transcript published by one of the red top newspapers.

A Data Controller with any organisation is under strict guidelines what information they can hold / publish against anyone.

As for life insurance, insurance companies have changed there policy due to the publicity of numerous claims initially denied by several major insurance companies through no fault of the claimant.

Finally, as for selling selective information on, each and everyone of us has the right to refuse any personal details be passed on to third party agents.

Sleep well

over a year ago

"We won't shop at Tesco! They have far too much power now and the things they know about you are frightening!

Yes, I know those club card points are handy, but is it worth all they know about you? And they make a fortune selling selected information to third parties! "

I never REALLY thought about this but yes, you are right. I dont use credit cards to pay for my shopping, would not use a Tesco mobile and would never purchase an insurance from the same place as my groceries, but the concerning thing is the little bit of information they get about you soon adds up.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"That sounds like a transcript published by one of the red top newspapers.

A Data Controller with any organisation is under strict guidelines what information they can hold / publish against anyone.

As for life insurance, insurance companies have changed there policy due to the publicity of numerous claims initially denied by several major insurance companies through no fault of the claimant.

Finally, as for selling selective information on, each and everyone of us has the right to refuse any personal details be passed on to third party agents.

Sleep well "

Not Red Top Crap! My experience in the business has given me a real insight as to what the public is led to beleive and what the actuality is!

Yep! A Data Controller is under strick guidlines, but I was not talking about the bod in charge of the Data gathering center, I am talking about Tesco, the corporate entity. They don't give away all those points and goods because they are philanthropists, they do it because they get YOU!

Tesco actively ally their customer profiles to their insurance books! They have access to way more information that say, Aviva! Aviva can ask for any information they want but are only allowed to ask! If it is not relevant, you don't have to answer. Tesco on the other hand don't have to ask! They have it because people give it to them without thinking.

Yep! (again) You can opt out of third party information exchange, but the data is held by "Tesco Holdings Ltd" and umbrella company for all of the group. Passing on this information within the group is not against the rules. Also, people are their own worst enemies! How many actually tick the box to stop their information being used?

I wonder if they also have a satellite up there spying on me???

over a year ago

birmingham

"How many actually tick the box to stop their information being used?

"

We do we're also registered with xxxxxxxx to stop junk mail

over a year ago

"I wonder if they also have a satellite up there spying on me??? "

I have decided to live a naturist lifestyle when at home so that if any fooker sends a SpySat over my house all they'll get is me knocking one out on the patio. Google can fuck right off as they won't be able to show my house with me waving my gonads to the skies!!

over a year ago

"I wonder if they also have a satellite up there spying on me???

I have decided to live a naturist lifestyle when at home so that if any fooker sends a SpySat over my house all they'll get is me knocking one out on the patio. Google can fuck right off as they won't be able to show my house with me waving my gonads to the skies!! "

oh wishy, you may like this, and sorry to take this more off topic but..

I believe google was inside eastlands arena taking pics of it for google maps so people can view the inside of stadiums.

They did this on saturday, just as the city fans were sat with head in hands.

over a year ago

I have decided to live a naturist lifestyle when at home so that if any fooker sends a SpySat over my house all they'll get is me knocking one out on the patio. Google can fuck right off as they won't be able to show my house with me waving my gonads to the skies!!

oh wishy, you may like this, and sorry to take this more off topic but..

I believe google was inside eastlands arena taking pics of it for google maps so people can view the inside of stadiums.

They did this on saturday, just as the city fans were sat with head in hands. "

Oh GLEE! hehehe ..

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

"Tesco has posted pre-tax profits of £3.4bn for the year to February 27, up 10.1% on the previous year......so....where's my clubcard points quadruple bonus???? "

can we vote for them in the election? Tesco that is? would get us out the shite we're in surely... lol

By *catsoutMan
over a year ago

kent

whenever we go shopping we use banana boxes to bring shopping home.then we put our recycling in the box and put it out on rubbish day.saves having to go out and bring that bloody green box in lol

By *catsoutMan
over a year ago

kent

I have decided to live a naturist lifestyle when at home so that if any fooker sends a SpySat over my house all they'll get is me knocking one out on the patio. Google can fuck right off as they won't be able to show my house with me waving my gonads to the skies!! "

our garden is naturist so they wont show ours either lol

Post new Message to Thread