Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's Been 18 months

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

since any fukker wanted to give me a job.... have another interview lined up in June....but is down in London....so will be off down there for a few days assessment if no git wants to give me one up here (a job that is )

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

tell me about it!! so far 3 jobs today have told me im over qualified!!

i just need a wee job to see me through the summer break and willing to work for minimum wage but its like finding a needle in a haystack!!

good luck with the interview!! xx

over a year ago

Its been 2yrs for me mate, and i have a degree in social policy and crim, ive been shortlisted to join the police force but its not untill september, in the meantime i have to sign on every other monday with the chavs and pot heads,which is demoralising. Know exactly where your comming from and how frustrating it is. xx

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"tell me about it!! so far 3 jobs today have told me im over qualified!!

i just need a wee job to see me through the summer break and willing to work for minimum wage but its like finding a needle in a haystack!!

good luck with the interview!! xx"

over qualified - i HATE ~that expressioon,

If you were that bothered you wouldnt be applying for the fecking job in the first place

over a year ago

i know!! ended up havin a debate with one of them on the bloody phone about it! overqualified to work in an old peoples home or a case of i know too much?? soo bloody annoyin!! xx

over a year ago

Stu I will give you a job.

The requirements are as follows:

You MUST be able to clean up after a messy husband and a very messy 7 year old as well as a very tidy 12 year old.

You Must like cats cos my cat loves to get under peoples feet and cause as many falls as she can.

You must be able to survive on less than 3 hours sleep in any 24 hour period cos I need entertaining

You have to be able to deal with dressings and remind me to take my meds cos if not my head will start turning round and round and steam will come out my ears.

No pay as such but plenty of food and board is included

Shona

x x x

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i know!! ended up havin a debate with one of them on the bloody phone about it! overqualified to work in an old peoples home or a case of i know too much?? soo bloody annoyin!! xx"

I think you probably know too much darling, employers often see that as a threat....keep plugging away, you will get a great job....wait and see!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"since any fukker wanted to give me a job.... have another interview lined up in June....but is down in London....so will be off down there for a few days assessment if no git wants to give me one up here (a job that is )"

Job offer for Stu....

Male housekeeper for me

£10 an hour and all the pussy you can eat!...

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"i know!! ended up havin a debate with one of them on the bloody phone about it! overqualified to work in an old peoples home or a case of i know too much?? soo bloody annoyin!! xx"

Grrrrrrrrrr. How can you be OVER qualified for that. Or for anything to be honest.

I have taken loads of 2nd jobs where they are nothing to do with my qualification.

Enjoyed all of em too.

Doing something differnt now and again is really cool

over a year ago

There in lies the real reason some employers wont employ some people - able to stand up to someone who is talking bollox.

I remember my father being told he was over qualified or too old at age 45 I mean does life experience not mean anything these days??

Or is it that a 45 year old will not take on all the work for min wage unlike a teenager just out of school will cos they know no different??

My father had to retrain and hasnt been out of a job since then and that was over a decade ago.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"i know!! ended up havin a debate with one of them on the bloody phone about it! overqualified to work in an old peoples home or a case of i know too much?? soo bloody annoyin!! xx

I think you probably know too much darling, employers often see that as a threat....keep plugging away, you will get a great job....wait and see!"

cheers!! i just need a wee somethin to tide me over the summer break or even wee odd shifts i dont mind workin wk ends etc etc hell i dont even mind cleanin or that anythin lol! just need to keep lookin! the funniest one was local holiday/concentration camp im too qualified for barwork and shop work there was told this by an 18 year old boy who spoke very little english and is fresh out of school!! x

over a year ago

"Stu I will give you a job.

You MUST be able to clean up after a messy husband and a very messy 7 year old as well as a very tidy 12 year old.

You Must like cats cos my cat loves to get under peoples feet and cause as many falls as she can.

You must be able to survive on less than 3 hours sleep in any 24 hour period cos I need entertaining

You have to be able to deal with dressings and remind me to take my meds cos if not my head will start turning round and round and steam will come out my ears.

Shona

x x x "

Could we do a jobshare? I would require him for some, not all parts of your ad.

Serious note... Please don't give up or become cynical. A happy grounded person gives off happy grounded (employable) vibes

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"since any fukker wanted to give me a job.... have another interview lined up in June....but is down in London....so will be off down there for a few days assessment if no git wants to give me one up here (a job that is )"

What area are you looking to get into? Who knows someone might know someone, it often happens for getting peeps off the rock n roll.

over a year ago

Shona

x x x

Serious note... Please don't give up or become cynical. A happy grounded person gives off happy grounded (employable) vibes "

Nope no sharing I saw Stu first and I will feed him and even give him the box room with internet access and a bid wardrobe for all his sequins

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Shona

x x x

Serious note... Please don't give up or become cynical. A happy grounded person gives off happy grounded (employable) vibes

Nope no sharing I saw Stu first and I will feed him and even give him the box room with internet access and a bid wardrobe for all his sequins

Shona

x x x "

Please, Miss, may we have him just one day a week? xxx

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Shona

x x x

Shona

x x x "

What about lending him to me? You know i will look after him real nice

over a year ago

Been "stewing" over this.. could you consider going self-employed? Many good businesses have started out of a need.

over a year ago

Shona

x x x "

was ok....till you started getting all medical on me pmsl x

over a year ago

"since any fukker wanted to give me a job.... have another interview lined up in June....but is down in London....so will be off down there for a few days assessment if no git wants to give me one up here (a job that is )

Job offer for Stu....

Male housekeeper for me

£10 an hour and all the pussy you can eat!... "

packing bags now

over a year ago

"since any fukker wanted to give me a job.... have another interview lined up in June....but is down in London....so will be off down there for a few days assessment if no git wants to give me one up here (a job that is )

Been "stewing" over this.. could you consider going self-employed? Many good businesses have started out of a need.

"

I'd thought about it, but Law Society rules forbid me from striking out on my own until I've had at least three years post qualifying experience.

Been writing my business plan for getting into meat and food production...is taking an age and much harder to do than I imagined...so that is coming along too

Am just bored sat at home twiddling my thumbs....have the housework down to a fine art and after the house flooded and we've had to move out, most of the animals have had to go

So....applied for a job in London as a joke....and the silly sods have offered me an interview....be a nice day out....and if I get offered a job at the end of it....well...is another option

By *inesawineWoman
over a year ago

fife

Plenty job offers on here Stu.............. Mine still applies and Im semi local lol

Mines xxx

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

Job offer for Stu....

Male housekeeper for me

£10 an hour and all the pussy you can eat!... "

Where do I sign up?

By *andsomgeorgeMan
over a year ago

Rugby

I heard over-qualified so many times too when big co I worked for went tits up and I just needed to get something in. So I signed up with a temping agency which meant they just dropped me in to places. I worked for minimum wage with all sorts of people picking and packing in a warehouse. Honestly, I loved it. Went from stress city and corporate backstabbing and BS to running rings round warehouse manager. But it was mutually beneficial. Over-qualified my arse.

Now work for myself - not had wages for 2 years but so worth it. OP, good luck and at least you put proper business plan in place - wish I had now although I probably never would have started up if I had. Think that relates to another thread...

Post new Message to Thread