over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I love some delish wines

But it does usually depend on what I am eating

On a lovely evening like this tho, a nice cheeky little italian rose with ice

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Any mid-range european red from 2006 will be a safe bet. 2006 was an exceptionally good year for european grown grapes and we've had some really good ones sent via our wine club. My personal fave is Chat. Neuf du Pape, a real quality wine at a reasonable £12/bottle.

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"Any mid-range european red from 2006 will be a safe bet. 2006 was an exceptionally good year for european grown grapes and we've had some really good ones sent via our wine club. My personal fave is Chat. Neuf du Pape, a real quality wine at a reasonable £12/bottle. "

Good call on the Châteauneuf-du-Pape. I lived in France for a fair few years and although I can't stand wine myself, I did manage to pick up the details of which ones to look out for. It's the sort of thing that comes in handy from time to time

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"Any mid-range european red from 2006 will be a safe bet. 2006 was an exceptionally good year for european grown grapes and we've had some really good ones sent via our wine club. My personal fave is Chat. Neuf du Pape, a real quality wine at a reasonable £12/bottle. "

With you all the way there Chateau neuf du Pape all the way closely followed by a St Emillion

By *ickmeallover OP   Woman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I love a nice soave

chilled of coarse

but a nice soft merlot for drinking is lovely

does anyone like french wines overall when the new world wines are just so drinkable?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Lambrini anyone?.....

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

new world wines are best and chilean is very popular as well, think the best are aussie and kiwi for now

over a year ago

Have to say, and I can't claim to know anything about wine at all myself!! However my father is what you would definitely call a connoisseur... and in his drinking years (dry for coming up 20 years now! ), and bearing in mind he's 70 this year, he used to travel round what he knew to be good french vineyards, buying cases and cases of wine. They still turn up at our house to this day. The cellar is stocked with loads of the stuff, and every now and then he cracks open a bottle on a special occasion, and they taste amazing!

Couldn't tell you the name of one of them... but I know I've been priveldged to drink some very nice and quite possibly rather expensive wines in my time. I'm much more in favour of the aged ones than any modern ones you can find in the shops.

over a year ago

"Any mid-range european red from 2006 will be a safe bet. 2006 was an exceptionally good year for european grown grapes and we've had some really good ones sent via our wine club. My personal fave is Chat. Neuf du Pape, a real quality wine at a reasonable £12/bottle.

With you all the way there Chateau neuf du Pape all the way closely followed by a St Emillion"

Hmmm, good choices. At the moment I'm working my way through some rioja and shiraz.

over a year ago

anythin with an alcohol content thanks!!

or buckfast!!! xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

A nice Australian Shiraz circa 2003/4 is a good bet.

Turners Crossing do some good varieties, got a nice bottle of 'The Cut' 2003 downstairs.

over a year ago

Any red!

By *ottongue49Man
over a year ago

BARNSLEY

definately preferably shiraz,flows down my throat like nectar

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

" Neuf du Pape, a real quality wine at a reasonable £12/bottle. "

yummy - i agree that is a lovely one.

Having a chardonnay tonight tho

over a year ago

good wine,anything for two quid that gets u rat-arsed,lol

over a year ago

"anythin with an alcohol content thanks!!

or buckfast!!! xx "

My kinda gal x

By *istress-MazikeenWoman
over a year ago

bolton

depends on if you like old or new world wines.

Chateau neuf de pape for old world yes, but then austrailan shiraz or cabernet, and then depends on if you white or red.

over a year ago

Drinking a glass...or two...of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.....nicely chilled

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont drink wine, never have

over a year ago

i got a great tip many years ago when i started drinking wine.if you try a wine you like,see what grape variety it is,eg Sauvignon Blanc.then pick wines with the same grape.you are much more likely to enjoy a different wine,same grape.also,steer clear of plonk,it aint worth it.not saying you wont find a bargain somewhere,but if its cheap as chips,its often vinegar.and dont be afraid to ask the wine shop guy to recommend a wine for you.tell him what price bracket first,and he will recommend a few.enjoy

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Lambrini anyone?..... "

yes please

i cant do wine - gets me way to d*unk lol

but if i have to drink it (say if i am going to a dinner party etc) then Rose is my preferred choice, Echo Falls White Zindfandall is nice

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

oyster bay is a very good choice i have to say, i worked in a wine shop and going back to work in one again and if into champers tattinger is about the best at £40 a bottle

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

OMG!!!

I do enjoy wine - and do love a good decent bottle now and again rather than my usuall Echo Falls etc for a relax at the end of the day.

But i cant warrant spending more than £15 on a bottle of plonk.

I dont mind spending up to that much on a wine a realy enjoy - as its only £5 a glass - and you pay that much in a pub for the nasty house wine!!!!

But any more than that i cant say i would part with my hard earned cash

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"oyster bay is a very good choice i have to say, i worked in a wine shop and going back to work in one again and if into champers tattinger is about the best at £40 a bottle"

Tattinger Black label is ok, but far prefer the Folies de la Marquetterie which is the Tattinger with the red label.

By *eprobatepairCouple
over a year ago

london

Used to work at Oddbins back in the day. Studied for a 2 year diploma in wine. Next stop would have been Master of Wine. So what does it all mean? Feck all!

If you like it, then it's good wine. It might be badly made wine from crap vineyards made from grapes that would be crap as raisins but if you like it, then it's good wine.

That said. Superior wine is better than cheap shite. It's like the difference between Kestrel lager and Theakston's Old Peculier or Organic Double Cream and Marvel Milk. True wine tasters look for balance. White wine is a balance of fruit,acidity, alcohol and sugar. Red wine is a balance of fruit, tannin, must weight and alcohol. An imbalance is the sign of a poor wine. But truly GREAT wine is unbalanced at first. But it matures into something extraordinary. Something that you can instantly remember the colour, smell and taste of 30 years later. If I told you the best wine I've ever had smelled like 4 star petrol and looked like the first piss of the morning. Would you believe me? But it was a 1978 Niersteiner Gutes Domtal Reisling Trockenbeerenauslese. It tasted like honey on the lips of an angel.

Which set of lips I'll let you decide

over a year ago

Totally agree with the pope's wine (Chat neuf du pape). another couple of reds that are yummy are gevrey chambertin and nuits st george.

By *ooneyCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Saint Emilion £8.00 can't go wrong

over a year ago

Pink Tattinger is guaranteed to make me go weak at the knees...

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Pink Tattinger is guaranteed to make me go weak at the knees... "

A good Orgasm makes me weak at the knees,

over a year ago

"Pink Tattinger is guaranteed to make me go weak at the knees...

A good Orgasm makes me weak at the knees, "

Can you bottle that? I'll only pay £5/bottle for it though.

over a year ago

A good wine is one someone treats you too.

Post new Message to Thread