Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stress Warning

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am lucky in that I never worried about things around me, for example what neighbours said etc but some things still used to stress me, for example being late for an appointment.

I have learnt over the years (and being an aspiring Buddhist probably helps a bit) that there is no point worrying about things - thankfully my partner is equally laid back and allows life's niggles to go over his head.

I am just really curious what stresses people out in the lounge? And, what do you do about it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

my pc crashing and taking ages to reboot

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Irritating people and my son when hes in one

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Right now? Airplanes....grrrrr

Oh, and volcanos

over a year ago

yeah, I guess it depends on the situation. If I were sitting in an airport lounge now, I would be a bit cheesed off.

I "choose" not to get stressed- if I cannot change the situation - I won't let it control me just think of ways round it or go with the flow.

Easy I know when sitting at home in the garden on a lovely Saturday afternoon, listening to J Hendrix

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you really need to ask?!! Look at some of the thread title:

* Single men

* Short men

* People not answering messages

* Other people's profiles

* Last minute cancellations

* Five minutes on site and no meets

* multiple profiles

Ooooh I could go on lol

What stresses me: unreasonable bills!! Quarterly call charges on my BT landline £16, total bill £149!! . I need to lie down!

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

It's funny because I have quite a stressful job but I can successfully manage my stress levels in the workplace.

At home, however, I seem to get more stressed out over less important things. I try not to let them get to me, but sometimes it's hard and it takes someone to tell me to get a grip, to take a step back and look at the bigger picture before I get my stress level back to normal.

Money used to be my biggest source of stress, but as I've got older this has become less of an issue. Family matters seem to have overtaken that now.

over a year ago

"Do you really need to ask?!! Look at some of the thread title:

* Single men

* Short men

* People not answering messages

* Other people's profiles

* Last minute cancellations

* Five minutes on site and no meets

* multiple profiles

Ooooh I could go on lol

What stresses me: unreasonable bills!! Quarterly call charges on my BT landline £16, total bill £149!! . I need to lie down! "

lol

over a year ago

"It's funny because I have quite a stressful job but I can successfully manage my stress levels in the workplace.

At home, however, I seem to get more stressed out over less important things. I try not to let them get to me, but sometimes it's hard and it takes someone to tell me to get a grip, to take a step back and look at the bigger picture before I get my stress level back to normal.

Money used to be my biggest source of stress, but as I've got older this has become less of an issue. Family matters seem to have overtaken that now."

I sometimes wonder (and I see this at work rather a lot) why people get really worked up about what I perceive relatively small problems when there are much bigger issues to be addressed.

Sounds though as if you are in control of your life, which is a good thing xx

Post new Message to Thread