Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lest we forget

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Todayis the 21st aniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, were 96 Liverpool fans in the Leppings Lane end stand were crushed and died, please show your respect for the 96 innocent people that lost their lives that day and copy this to your status. Justice For The 96! Dont Buy The Sun!!(im a manchester united fan)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always remember today, some of my Friends lost loved ones, thanks for putting the post up.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Thoughts are with anyone affected by this tragic event

over a year ago

"Todayis the 21st aniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, were 96 Liverpool fans in the Leppings Lane end stand were crushed and died, please show your respect for the 96 innocent people that lost their lives that day and copy this to your status. Justice For The 96! Dont Buy The Sun!!(im a manchester united fan)"

Blimey, hats off to ya mate, I'm not a football fan as such but the day is etched into my head when it happened, and for you to send a message just shows that there are some good people out there, I've seen a lot of negative remarks, jokes etc about the disaster from Man U fans so its refreshing to see such a post from a fan from a rival team like Man U.

Have a nice day, you've just made mine

over a year ago

Cracking post mate, I can still remember being sat at home watching BBC1 as it all enfolded.... tragic day in world football, and should never be forgotten.............

over a year ago

I remember the day well, and I went with my collage tutor and a few others to lay flowers at the Kop. I will never forget that day.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

THanks there are some normal Utd fans like me, its also the 11th anniversery of my friends tragic car accident

over a year ago

i remember the day very well as i was listening to the coverage of the game on the radio.a very sad day

over a year ago

thoughts go out to all effected on that tragic day xxx

over a year ago

My Ex Father in Law was amongst the Liverpool supporters and helped a few to safety and it haunted him till the day he died bless him...Still get a lump in my throat when I see anything about it...

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Today also marks the 98th anniversary of the Titanic, which sank on her maiden voyage, another very sad tragic event

over a year ago

as an everton fan and a scouser my heart goes out to all that lost there loved ones ''DONT BUY THE SUN '' R.I.P ALL

over a year ago

"Today also marks the 98th anniversary of the Titanic, which sank on her maiden voyage, another very sad tragic event "

and just over 1500 lives lost there

over a year ago

Thanks O.P for not forgetting others.

This is also the anniversay ( 65th) of the liberation of Belsen where thousands were found diseased, dying and dead. Graves were dug to hold 5,000 at a time.

Life is what happens when your making plans..... as J. Lennon said.

over a year ago

And is the anniversary of the luftwaffe bombing of Belfast in 1941, another 1000 lost their lives

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"And is the anniversary of the luftwaffe bombing of Belfast in 1941, another 1000 lost their lives "

I don't think I'll be popping in this thread again

over a year ago

And on this day in 1984 Tommy Cooper had a massive heart attack and died whilst on stage

over a year ago

"And is the anniversary of the luftwaffe bombing of Belfast in 1941, another 1000 lost their lives

I don't think I'll be popping in this thread again "

Awwwwwww it's the day that I told bi one get one free that I love seeing their posts in the forums xx

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I think posibly there are too many to remember

BUT we can take stock I guess and think of others less fortunate to be here than us

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

my older son began his journey into the world while this was happening on the tv in front of me...tho he was a lazy so and so and didnt arrive til the 17th.

it remains a day i'll never forget and my thoughts are with anyone affected. xx

By *tarling and RobinCouple
over a year ago

North East

i well up every time some programme comes on telly or on radio regarding Hillsborough. a very, very sad time. being a football fan brings out all sorts of emotions. it is digraceful how authorities have hidden/with held a lot of important information. condolences to anyone who has lost family or friends in such a tragic way.

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

They'll never walk alone R.I.P.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Todayis the 21st aniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, were 96 Liverpool fans in the Leppings Lane end stand were crushed and died, please show your respect for the 96 innocent people that lost their lives that day and copy this to your status. Justice For The 96! Dont Buy The Sun!!(im a manchester united fan)"

I think that day affected any football fan whichever you supported, as it could have been any club at that ground that day and it showed by the messages and flowers left at Anfield by people from all over the UK and overseas.

I have never bought the Sun from that time and won't ever.

RIP xxx

over a year ago

One of the days that will stay with me forever April 15 is my birthday and that memory of that fateful day will stay with me forever xx

Post new Message to Thread