Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Clamidia rife in scotland?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

my friend who is on here rang me and she told me that clamidia is rife in Scotland right now, has anyone else heard this? x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

only if its deep fried!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"my friend who is on here rang me and she told me that clamidia is rife in Scotland right now, has anyone else heard this? x"

It is rife all over the country - Chlamydia does not know borders hence they are trying to draw in the teenagers to raise awareness. Trouble is the fact it is often without symptoms.... to begin with

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"only if its deep fried!

"

Well i guess its to infinity and beyond then

over a year ago

Yes. A 45% rise since 2002 and it's the most prevalent bacterial disease that's being spread. I don't know how this fares with the disease in the rest of the U.K. though... problem is most people are asymptomatic.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

joking apart it is rife in many areas. not the time to go off and have unprotected sex then come back and have the same with your partner.

over a year ago

"only if its deep fried!

"

PMSL xxx

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"Yes. A 45% rise since 2002 and it's the most prevalent bacterial disease that's being spread. I don't know how this fares with the disease in the rest of the U.K. though... problem is most people are asymptomatic. "

45% is quite an alarming statistic but what you have to remember is that 72.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot

D

over a year ago

"my friend who is on here rang me and she told me that clamidia is rife in Scotland right now, has anyone else heard this? x"

Its not just Scotland its all over with the younger end.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

as a rule i always play safe,even tho im infertile i still value myself and my health x

over a year ago

"as a rule i always play safe,even tho im infertile i still value myself and my health x"

Jaffas still catch stuff so always bag it.

over a year ago

"as a rule i always play safe,even tho im infertile i still value myself and my health x"

absolutely... and it is also thinking of the people you are meeting - we dont do unprotected for that reason.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

You will find many do though or the male side does and lies to his other half. Always found that odd as it always catches up with them.

Safe play any day!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

With a wee bit of Googling (with appropriate protection in place) here is part of a story from the Huddersfield Daily Examiner from the 9th April 2010 -

"Women should be tested for chlamydia every time they have a new sexual partner because screening alone is unlikely to cut their chances of pelvic disease, researchers said.

Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection in the UK and can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, leaving women infertile.

Now researchers are warning that women should be tested every time they start seeing a new partner, even if it is just a few months since they were last tested.

They are worried women may see themselves as having the "all-clear" following a negative result when they are actually still at risk..........."

So be careful out there OP it seems to be rife in Huddersfield too!

Seriously though instead of putting just Scotland in your opening thread it should have been the whole of the UK!

over a year ago

"as a rule i always play safe,even tho im infertile i still value myself and my health x

You will find many do though or the male side does and lies to his other half. Always found that odd as it always catches up with them.

Safe play any day! "

Its not just the men though.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/10 23:04:55]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/10 23:05:48]

over a year ago

"my friend who is on here rang me and she told me that clamidia is rife in Scotland right now, has anyone else heard this? x

With a wee bit of Googling (with appropriate protection in place) here is part of a story from the Huddersfield Daily Examiner from the 9th April 2010 -

"Women should be tested for chlamydia every time they have a new sexual partner because screening alone is unlikely to cut their chances of pelvic disease, researchers said.

Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection in the UK and can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, leaving women infertile.

Now researchers are warning that women should be tested every time they start seeing a new partner, even if it is just a few months since they were last tested.

They are worried women may see themselves as having the "all-clear" following a negative result when they are actually still at risk..........."

So be careful out there OP it seems to be rife in Huddersfield too!

"

Sadly we actually know of two ladies (working in the NHS) who became infertile as a result of undetected chlamydia. It has affected their entire lives

over a year ago

So your friend just phoned you up and said ' chlamydia is rife in Scotland'...

Why would she say that, are one of you planning on visiting the us?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"my friend who is on here rang me and she told me that clamidia is rife in Scotland right now, has anyone else heard this? x

So your friend just phoned you up and said ' chlamydia is rife in Scotland'...

Why would she say that, are one of you planning on visiting the us? "

Never looked at this thread that way. It is an odd call i guess if you look at it like that.

over a year ago

also .......take care breathing in

over a year ago

"also .......take care breathing in "

why, are they airborne

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Chuff me i thought you had to put your willy in to catch it!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well there is my next topic for discussion at the next scottish social then.... hmmmmmmmmmm

over a year ago

"also .......take care breathing in

why, are they airborne "

Sorry could not resist it, it is a serious matter but like everything else... you gotta live , eh?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"well there is my next topic for discussion at the next scottish social then.... hmmmmmmmmmm"

Your brave!

Tell them the Torys are going to abolish free student fees too

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"well there is my next topic for discussion at the next scottish social then.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Your brave!

Tell them the Torys are going to abolish free student fees too "

Seeing as the SNP is in power in the Scottish Executive and it's them who sets the rules on student fees and also the dropping prescription charges, (eventually dropping down to be free for all) and then all the chlamydia sufferers can get cured at no cost then it's ok the tories will never get in power in Scotland for the forseable future

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"well there is my next topic for discussion at the next scottish social then.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Your brave!

Seeing as the SNP is in power in the Scottish Executive and it's them who sets the rules on student fees and also the dropping prescription charges, (eventually dropping down to be free for all) and then all the chlamydia sufferers can get cured at no cost then it's ok the tories will never get in power in Scotland for the forseable future "

Naa "call me Dave" is abolishing all that mumbo jumbo

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Your brave!

Seeing as the SNP is in power in the Scottish Executive and it's them who sets the rules on student fees and also the dropping prescription charges, (eventually dropping down to be free for all) and then all the chlamydia sufferers can get cured at no cost then it's ok the tories will never get in power in Scotland for the forseable future

Naa "call me Dave" is abolishing all that mumbo jumbo "

You really don't have any idea of Devolution of Power from "Glaikit Gordon" or even "call me dave" actually works

You can take our lives, but you'll never take our free... student fees & prescriptions!!

over a year ago

Your brave!

You really don't have any idea of Devolution of Power from "Glaikit Gordon" or even "call me dave" actually works

You can take our lives, but you'll never take our free... student fees & prescriptions!! "

We are all fucked if Cameron gets in! Even you scots just watch!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Your brave!

You can take our lives, but you'll never take our free... student fees & prescriptions!!

We are all fucked if Cameron gets in! Even you scots just watch!"

Only if the Queen decides to remove the powers of The Scotland Act 1998 until then we will still have control over our Education, Health Services, etc

Right that's enough politics for me for a Monday evening!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Your brave!

We are all fucked if Cameron gets in! Even you scots just watch!

Only if the Queen decides to remove the powers of The Scotland Act 1998 until then we will still have control over our Education, Health Services, etc

Right that's enough politics for me for a Monday evening! "

He he he you gave us Brown so we are going to give you Cameron! Somehow i suspect we will all suffer with the latter

over a year ago

I don't inhale when I smoke blokes tho Granny... will I be okay?

over a year ago

"Yes. A 45% rise since 2002 and it's the most prevalent bacterial disease that's being spread. I don't know how this fares with the disease in the rest of the U.K. though... problem is most people are asymptomatic.

45% is quite an alarming statistic but what you have to remember is that 72.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot

D"

Declan ...... Is that your chlamydia protection suit you are wearing ?

over a year ago

personally choice between david cameron or chlymidia i would take the chlymdia!!!

maybe the increase in diagnosis is some part due to the increase in testing?

think i seen somewhere 1 in 4 18-24 are infected and dont know it and there has also been a sharp increase in the 40-54 age group result of divorce and more partners etc and not as well educated in sexual health as younger generation xx

over a year ago

"personally choice between david cameron or chlymidia i would take the chlymdia!!!

think i seen somewhere 1 in 4 18-24 are infected and dont know it and there has also been a sharp increase in the 40-54 age group result of divorce and more partners etc and not as well educated in sexual health as younger generation xx"

nothing wrong with our next PM. for a start he is English

By *ottongue49Man
over a year ago

BARNSLEY

ive never been to scotland

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"personally choice between david cameron or chlymidia i would take the chlymdia!!!

think i seen somewhere 1 in 4 18-24 are infected and dont know it and there has also been a sharp increase in the 40-54 age group result of divorce and more partners etc and not as well educated in sexual health as younger generation xx

nothing wrong with our next PM. for a start he is English "

So is my favourite comedian Lee Evans....but wouldn't want him as a Prime Minister either

over a year ago

nothing wrong with our next PM. for a start he is English "

that the only good thing you can think of to say ??? xx

over a year ago

nothing wrong with our next PM. for a start he is English

that the only good thing you can think of to say ??? xx"

Well he rides a bike and he doesn't bully his staff

over a year ago

yeah with his car and flunkeys travelling behind him.......... god forbid his fake tan runs!!! xx

over a year ago

"yeah with his car and flunkeys travelling behind him.......... god forbid his fake tan runs!!! xx"

But he is English and will be putting this country back on the strait an narrow. you Scotts had a good and left it in a right mess

over a year ago

yeah how super!!! i cant wait to live under tory rule by a ball less version of maggie, who at least had character and made her dislike obvious! call me dave......il sell you the world and pull the carpet from right under you! xx

wonder if he been tested for chlamydia?? bound to pick up some form of it in eton ....... or would it have a posher name!!! xx

over a year ago

"yeah how super!!! i cant wait to live under tory rule by a ball less version of maggie, who at least had character and made her dislike obvious! call me dave......il sell you the world and pull the carpet from right under you! xx

wonder if he been tested for chlamydia?? bound to pick up some form of it in eton ....... or would it have a posher name!!! xx "

He is faithful to his wife and plans good things for the UK. Not like that Brown who just wanted to screw England

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"yeah how super!!! i cant wait to live under tory rule by a ball less version of maggie, who at least had character and made her dislike obvious! call me dave......il sell you the world and pull the carpet from right under you! xx

wonder if he been tested for chlamydia?? bound to pick up some form of it in eton ....... or would it have a posher name!!! xx

He is faithful to his wife and plans good things for the UK. Not like that Brown who just wanted to screw England "

How the feck do you know he's faithful to his wife?

over a year ago

so chlamydia can lie dormant for years?? nowt to do with faithful?? and do you have proof of his fidelity?? i remember a lot of them sayin that in the back to basics campaign in the 90s till the illegitimates came out the woodwork?? who knows what goes on behind closed doors??

his plans are great call me dave..... community right to buy if your local services not up to standard??

no council tax increase for 2 years... then up quicker than a hookers drawers at the sight of a fake twenty!!

more responsibility for people hmmm someone not wantin to pay for vital services......x

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I read more responsiblity for individuals to mean we can all fend for ourselves.....or am I just cynical?

over a year ago

"I read more responsiblity for individuals to mean we can all fend for ourselves.....or am I just cynical?"

nope me too!! i see it as we cuttin services unless you do it alone!! they mentioned policing and more involvement so thats police cuts sorted then!!

then community right to buy for parks etc??

then setting your own schools up now there a minefield!!! xx

over a year ago

He is faithful to his wife and plans good things for the UK. Not like that Brown who just wanted to screw England

"

Because we have the UK press and a story of him playing around would fetch millions and would kill the torys election chances. A question he would have been asked before becoming leader.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Cameron wants to devolve more power from Central Government to local government, in other words we will see the end of controversial planning applications being called in by Central Government for review, leaving it instead to more corruption in local planning offices and dodgy Tory councillors as happened under John Major.

You can expect more public green spaces to be turned into private housing projects in the next five years for a start.

over a year ago

what and they never asked that back in the 90s?? the back to basics campaign?? remember john majors affair??? money talks dear with certain aspects of the media!! for all we know the hired staff could be shovin oranges up his arse as we speak ..... would go a long way to explainin that fake tan......... xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Because we have the UK press and a story of him playing around would fetch millions and would kill the torys election chances. A question he would have been asked before becoming leader. "

Maybe the same question that Tory Central Office asked of John Major before he became Prime Minsiter?

Do me a favour....

over a year ago

"Cameron wants to devolve more power from Central Government to local government, in other words we will see the end of controversial planning applications being called in by Central Government for review, leaving it instead to more corruption in local planning offices and dodgy Tory councillors as happened under John Major.

You can expect more public green spaces to be turned into private housing projects in the next five years for a start.

"

You have that on record then? Told you personally did he lol.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Cameron wants to devolve more power from Central Government to local government, in other words we will see the end of controversial planning applications being called in by Central Government for review, leaving it instead to more corruption in local planning offices and dodgy Tory councillors as happened under John Major.

You have that on record then? Told you personally did he lol."

It is in his Manifesto he launched today....More power to be devolved to local government

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"and plans good things for the UK"

Only if you've got money!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 13/04/10 22:27:55]

By *ottongue49Man
over a year ago

BARNSLEY

this has turned into a party political broadcast thread

over a year ago

You have that on record then? Told you personally did he lol.

It is in his Manifesto he launched today....More power to be devolved to local government"

equals more money passin hands under the table for things that people to object to xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

You have that on record then? Told you personally did he lol."

For a Tory voter who thinks Cameron is the best thing since sliced bread you have surprised me....not even bothering to read the Conservative Manifesto released today.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

chlamydia has risen by over 55% under this labour govt.its a bloody disgrace.

over a year ago

tories will tax it if you earn less than 20k a year!! chlamydia tax lol xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"chlamydia has risen by over 55% under this labour govt.its a bloody disgrace. "

And how do the government, or any government, stop young people shagging who they want to shag?

There is nothing new here, it goes back since the 60's, young people like shagging other young people....so they will.

And they ain't gonna listen to any feckin politician who tells them they can't.

over a year ago

"chlamydia has risen by over 55% under this labour govt.its a bloody disgrace.

And how do the government, or any government, stop young people shagging who they want to shag?

There is nothing new here, it goes back since the 60's, young people like shagging other young people....so they will.

And they ain't gonna listen to any feckin politician who tells them they can't."

ohh i dunno about that!! thought of call me dave certainly puts me off!!! xx

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

And they ain't gonna listen to any feckin politician who tells them they can't.

ohh i dunno about that!! thought of call me dave certainly puts me off!!! xx"

Dave is a no hoper. All wind and no substance i think. Well he do better than Gordie? Well who knows but i some how doubt it.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

And they ain't gonna listen to any feckin politician who tells them they can't."

sorry jane.you may have got the wrong end of the stick.regarding my statement,oops.

over a year ago

Chlamydia is a common name in Wales ... along with Latrine and Gravel.

Err! was the subject about something else?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

'As a rule' - and 'always' are contradictary - you either always play safe or you don't always play safe - so which is it? Z

over a year ago

"as a rule i always play safe,even tho im infertile i still value myself and my health x

'As a rule' - and 'always' are contradictary - you either always play safe or you don't always play safe - so which is it? Z"

Totally agree. Always has to mean 100% otherwise it is somwhere on the spectrum from "occasionally via often and usually to mostly and as a rule"

Love your logic

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

'As a rule' - and 'always' are contradictary - you either always play safe or you don't always play safe - so which is it? Z

Totally agree. Always has to mean 100% otherwise it is somwhere on the spectrum from "occasionally via often and usually to mostly and as a rule"

Love your logic "

I'm not that well know for making sense but do have my moments! Z

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Its not just Clamydia on the rise..its pox in general, incidents' of the 'big four' have gone up massively and a couple of years ago Gonorreah was the fastest speading STD..unbeleivable considering all the stuff we hear about AIDS..

Bagging up isnt a 100% guarentee that you wont get a dose of pox..or worst, either, ok you cant get it off toilet seats ..but their are plenty of other ways to catch it..

Post new Message to Thread