FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cornwall

Jump to newest

By *ity Slickers Parties OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

Milan, Italy

If you had 4 days to spend in Cornwall what would you say are the best places to visit or the one to avoid?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

"If you had 4 days to spend in Cornwall what would you say are the best places to visit or the one to avoid?"

avoid the tourist spots... they get busy... the rest of cornwall is empty... its full of empty second homes that change hands for millions! thanks to toffs that live in the big smoke... a cornish man or woman is a dying breed... SAVE them! Buy a pasty! lol

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

The view from Bedruthen steps is amazing, well worth the climb

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't travel on the country lanes, the hedges are 8' tall and you won't see fook all.

The Lost Gardens of Heligan are well worth a visit.

over a year ago

What do you want to do? Are you site seeing, chilling, exploring, or planning a little fun?

The pubs are great, roads are empty at moment, sea fishing is good if you're into that. Truro is a great little city, plenty of pubs, good local food. If you want rowdy, go to Newquay, lol. if you want peace and quiet there are loads of places, St Mawes, Porthscatho, Fowey, Mevagissey etc. There are a few country houses with gardens to see too, then there's the Eden Project. If you like traditional ales, there are a few independant breweries in Cornwall.

and there are some fine pubs to see.

By *ity Slickers Parties OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

Milan, Italy

Well I am not into pubs but certainly a good restaurant by the sea would be fantastic!

I am site seeing and love the sea view as well as a stroll in a nice little town by the sea, you know a fisherman harhour and so forth....

over a year ago

"Well I am not into pubs but certainly a good restaurant by the sea would be fantastic!

I am site seeing and love the sea view as well as a stroll in a nice little town by the sea, you know a fisherman harhour and so forth...."

Try Mevagissey. We stayed there last summer and it's a delightful little fishing village with shops and restaurants along the quayside. Lovely little place with very narrow streets just wide enough to get a car down.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

not sure if its open this time of year but i went to see 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall and it was stunning. Its a theatre carved into the side of a cliff - the backdrop to any scene is amazing

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Get yourselves down to the Lizard! Kynance Cove is lovely and empty at this time of year. Long walk, but worth it. Then drive down to the Point and DON'T go into the car park on the left and run by the National Trust.

Keep going and park right on the edge of the cliff and right next to the best cafe around. Polpeor Cafe does a lovely pasty, has a great view from the patio and we have sat there all afternoon drinking a really good pot of tea!

Put this together with the Seal Sanctury at Gweek and you have a lovely break. You could always go to Trengwainton Gardens at Madron, near Penzance... We have some good "pictures" taken there... Now that was a day out!! lol

Whatever you decide, have a great time xx

By *riapus4uMan
over a year ago

Charlestown, Cornwall

"not sure if its open this time of year but i went to see 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall and it was stunning. Its a theatre carved into the side of a cliff - the backdrop to any scene is amazing"

The Minack does not start untill June, I have seen some fantastic productions there, mid summer theatre with the backdrop of blue sea's & Treen beach-magical.

By *riapus4uMan
over a year ago

Charlestown, Cornwall

"Well I am not into pubs but certainly a good restaurant by the sea would be fantastic!

I am site seeing and love the sea view as well as a stroll in a nice little town by the sea, you know a fisherman harhour and so forth...."

Had a cottage in Moushole last year for a week, that little town will tick all your boxes.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

We stgayed inMarazion - which was about half way to lizardpoint and the minac theatre.

#mincak was very imprpessive - and we had a chilly but fab eve,

Al the drives and walks and beaches we did around there we superb, you cant go wrong really xxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"not sure if its open this time of year but i went to see 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall and it was stunning. Its a theatre carved into the side of a cliff - the backdrop to any scene is amazing

The Minack does not start untill June, I have seen some fantastic productions there, mid summer theatre with the backdrop of blue sea's & Treen beach-magical. "

think i have just realised what i want to do for 'Birthday Camp' this year now

over a year ago

if you like theatre check out Hall for Cornwall in Truro. You can get boat trips from river in Truro to The Roseland Peninsula, to St Mawes. There are some great riverside pubs/resturants like Pandora Inn or The Smugglers. Fowey is a very picturesque little village. It was a famous hideaway of Pirates in the middle ages. From Fowey you can take a trip to Looe and Polperro too. Four days isn't enough, lol.

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

Sennen cove, between St just and Lands end is lovely. Also Perranporth, St Ives. Along the coastal road between Penzance and Mousehole there are some lovely reataurants.

We used to live there, Lovely place in the summer. Bloody windy in the winter!!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

We camped in St Just.

What a fab site, called "the secret garden"

And it so was too.

The coast over there was fab.

Mousehole is so pretty, and we found a great ice cream shop!!!!

Mind yu, parking there on the front, takes some skill, hehehehe

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

It all depends what you want to do and how far West you're coming really.

Well today as it's been sooooooooo nice I decided to go for a drive. Top down of course. Took in Sennen, Lamorna, Mousehole, Newlyn and Marazion. STUNNING is all I can say. Oh and the smell of the Ozone is soooooo good. Great living by the sea.

Only down point is the FEKKING SHITEHAWKS

BBQ now at Praa Sands, What more could a guy want apart from a HOT woman thats is

Post new Message to Thread