Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Manners ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you still open the Door for someone and would you give up your Seat on a Bus for a Lady or Elder Person or even offer to carry someones bags if they were struggling I believe in basic manners and courtesy but it seems to be seen less often these Days ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always have always will even though increasingly most people look at ya as though you have gone out lol xx

over a year ago

Despite being wild and out of control...my parents did manage to teach me good manners...they've stayed with me..and I hope will always stay with me

over a year ago

Yup, was bought up that way...

Unfortunatly though, with womens rights groups etc they seem to want to make a name for themselves and say that opening doors for ladies is sexist....

Steve

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Pheww!!! I thought this was gonna be another one about no replies to messages then

I open doors for people and if I used buses I would give up my seat if I thought someone needed it more

I say please and thank you and we make sure our elderly neighbours don't need anything and often do little things for them

My children are the same,but some people are in such a rush all the time they forget to say thanks when someone does show them some courtsey........maybe they're too shocked its been offered?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Yup, was bought up that way...

Unfortunatly though, with womens rights groups etc they seem to want to make a name for themselves and say that opening doors for ladies is sexist....

Steve"

Steve if they are of the attitude that holding a door open for them is sexist then I would happily slam it in their face for not seeing common courtesy instead of making it an issue

over a year ago

If they look "liberated" then no.

Would hate to do a good deed and being reported for having a lack of equality, she is no joke that Harriet Harperson.

over a year ago

I always hold the door open for a lady...Then I can perv their arse as they pass through...

over a year ago

"Would you still open the Door for someone and would you give up your Seat on a Bus for a Lady or Elder Person or even offer to carry someones bags if they were struggling I believe in basic manners and courtesy but it seems to be seen less often these Days ? "

Yes...I am always well mannered...but some peeps just dont acknowledge it...have held doors open and peeps dont say anything like you are invisible..its disheartening...but I guess I will keep being well mannered ...2nd nature now...xxx

over a year ago

Steve"

Not sexist wtf.??...I hold doors open for men and women...its just good old fashioned manners...some women are blooming strange...loving men with manners...

over a year ago

Steve"

Nah, I think that's just an excuse men with no manners use!

Aaah aren't you men well mannered, unlike the City gent, who told me to get up on a packed commuter train, as he'd only gone to the loo! Should have told him my name was Rosa Parks!

over a year ago

"Despite being wild and out of control...my parents did manage to teach me good manners...they've stayed with me..and I hope will always stay with me "

Don't tell porkies Stu. You'd watch the old dear struggle up a very steep hill and collapse and die at the top just so you could write about her on here in the morning.

over a year ago

"Despite being wild and out of control...my parents did manage to teach me good manners...they've stayed with me..and I hope will always stay with me

Don't tell porkies Stu. You'd watch the old dear struggle up a very steep hill and collapse and die at the top just so you could write about her on here in the morning. "

lol... that is funny...

seriously? we would open doors and offer chairs to needy people irrespective of their gender, for nus it is about being polite and respectful to other people...

By *riapus4uMan
over a year ago

Charlestown, Cornwall

"Would you still open the Door for someone and would you give up your Seat on a Bus for a Lady or Elder Person or even offer to carry someones bags if they were struggling I believe in basic manners and courtesy but it seems to be seen less often these Days ?

Yes...I am always well mannered...but some peeps just dont acknowledge it...have held doors open and peeps dont say anything like you are invisible..its disheartening...but I guess I will keep being well mannered ...2nd nature now...xxx "

So true, I often remark loudly when that happens '& thank you too madam, it was no problem'!.

over a year ago

"I always hold the door open for a lady...Then I can perv their arse as they pass through... "

not wrong to get a little payment for your kindness

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Nah, I think that's just an excuse men with no manners use!

Aaah aren't you men well mannered, unlike the City gent, who told me to get up on a packed commuter train, as he'd only gone to the loo! Should have told him my name was Rosa Parks! "

over a year ago

Steve"

Sigh ......

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Steve

Sigh ...... "

Ohhh go on then you can have my chair granny

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/04/10 18:14:32]

over a year ago

Steve

Sigh ......

Ohhh go on then you can have my chair granny "

Thank you young man. I'll do as much for you when you are in need. x Karma x

over a year ago

"If they look "liberated" then no.

Would hate to do a good deed and being reported for having a lack of equality, she is no joke that Harriet Harperson. "

If they look 'liberated' ?? wtf ....

If she looks downtrodden , beaten , peniless and broken you'd open a door but otherwise no ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I can honestly say how proud i am of my son when he gives up his seat for someone without being prompted too.. When i was pregnant a very unstable elderly man got on the bus not one person gave up there seat for him, i was obviously very pregnant and stood up to let him sit down. They all soon jumped up with looks of embarressment on there faces. They talk about teenagers being rude have you ever seen a gaggle of old women with shopping trollies together

over a year ago

"I can honestly say how proud i am of my son when he gives up his seat for someone without being prompted too.. When i was pregnant a very unstable elderly man got on the bus not one person gave up there seat for him, i was obviously very pregnant and stood up to let him sit down. They all soon jumped up with looks of embarressment on there faces. They talk about teenagers being rude have you ever seen a gaggle of old women with shopping trollies together "

Yeah ...... those blue rinse hoodie wearing biatches... blocking the steradent aisle.

over a year ago

"If they look "liberated" then no.

Would hate to do a good deed and being reported for having a lack of equality, she is no joke that Harriet Harperson.

If they look 'liberated' ?? wtf ....

If she looks downtrodden , beaten , peniless and broken you'd open a door but otherwise no ? "

That's right, but I hold doors open all the time in Liverpool

Well strictly speaking I would hold the door open for anyone if they were within a couple of paces, other wise i'm through it and self closer takes over...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Would you still open the Door for someone and would you give up your Seat on a Bus for a Lady or Elder Person or even offer to carry someones bags if they were struggling I believe in basic manners and courtesy but it seems to be seen less often these Days ?

Yes...I am always well mannered...but some peeps just dont acknowledge it...have held doors open and peeps dont say anything like you are invisible..its disheartening...but I guess I will keep being well mannered ...2nd nature now...xxx

So true, I often remark loudly when that happens '& thank you too madam, it was no problem'!. "

haha i do that to - all is needed is a little acknowledgement of the nice thing you have done but people are so caught up in their own little world

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Would you still open the Door for someone and would you give up your Seat on a Bus for a Lady or Elder Person or even offer to carry someones bags if they were struggling I believe in basic manners and courtesy but it seems to be seen less often these Days ? "

Always open doors, give seats up etc - I have also been known to give strangers a lift home when I've seen them struggling with shopping bags, stop when seen people broken down etc - am more wary these days though which is a shame. Z

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Yes i would give my seat up for someone who deserves it more than me.

What used to annoy me when living in london - i was on my feet all day - and my trrain journey home was 45mins, and the big fat office chaps that sat on their arse all day hogged all the seats -- when my feet were aching and i was gagging for a seat.

It would not be them that would offer their seat either

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When we where in london on a packed tube someone actually gave their seat up for Jay apart from pissing myself i couldnt beleive it. Dont think they where to impressed when he promptly gave it to me loll

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"When we where in london on a packed tube someone actually gave their seat up for Jay apart from pissing myself i couldnt beleive it. Dont think they where to impressed when he promptly gave it to me loll"

Excellent - i have seen that happen before 0 and no - the seat giver upperer was not too impressedd, lol xxx

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

Yes i do hold doors open all the time, and id say only about 2 in 4 people bother to say thank you. One thing i did notice in London is how selfish some people are on the underground. This old dear was struggling with a suitcase and she told me i was the first person to offer to help her, even though it was a busy station.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Yes i do hold doors open all the time, and id say only about 2 in 4 people bother to say thank you. One thing i did notice in London is how selfish some people are on the underground. This old dear was struggling with a suitcase and she told me i was the first person to offer to help her, even though it was a busy station. "

Lunch box - ots not only in london love- as much as we would all love to believe - my quotes are mostly from there as lived there 14 years,

BUT

one of the biggest memories i have

Iwas 21 , young and had a big suitcase walking to train station.

#On the way i was about to cross a road when this poor old guy stalled his car.

Cos he was on a hill he could not back the car back into the side road.

BIG street of traffic alltooting their horns and being rude.

Iparked my case at thesside of the road and put my hands on hisbonnet.

Two"mitchell" lookalikes like off #Eastenders shouted oout the window -"fecking moveoutta outtha the way"

Well poor me inmy slippy shoes, was trying to push this guy back into the side street, so the traffic could kep moving.. and they kept shouting abuse - even tho they were two big men.

I DID finally get they guy bak into theside street aroun the corner and safe - and no -one stole my case,but no one said thankyou.

I missed my train and didnt get a seat - yeah, thanks guys

Post new Message to Thread