Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Humbled...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't usually need more than about four hours sleep and as my Blackberry vibrates through the night from the emails I receive I'm usually online at stupid o'clock.

Last night/this morning I ventured onto the forums and happened to reply to a thread about happy/sad songs. Posting my happy and sad songs made me tearful...the happy song was from my wedding video and the sad from the death of my son.

I'm not a weeping type of woman, but in the wee small hours of this morning I found myself very tearful.

I was surprised, touched and humbled to receive many PM from forumites, none of whom I'd spoken to before, saying they understood, and emphasised and sent their best wishes.

In the past I've been dismissive towards people who claim to have been supported by people on the forums: the kindness shown to me by complete strangers this morning has opened my eyes.

To those people who took the time to send messages I've aleady sent a personal message of thanks, but I thought I'd share something possitive and lovely with you all.

There are some very lovely people on this site...again thank you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

It is amazing how many lovely people are on here. I would like to second that sentiment

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Totally agree there are some really nce people on here.

Christalx

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Sorry been out of touch and hadn't heard, but lots of hugs and kisses from Wandsworth xxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yea its nice eh when its from

ppl u dont chat 2 xx

over a year ago

Thought it would be nice to share -something nice instead of having a moan.

over a year ago

That's real nice Sassy, I hadn't noticed your post in that thread as I kinda stayed away after reading what it was about.

Decided not to post, not even to think about the sad song I would choose, there are a few actually. and one I can certainly relate to you with, different song, similar situation.

Hope you're felling happier now.

Xx

over a year ago

"That's real nice Sassy, I hadn't noticed your post in that thread as I kinda stayed away after reading what it was about.

Decided not to post, not even to think about the sad song I would choose, there are a few actually. and one I can certainly relate to you with, different song, similar situation.

Xx"

Yes thanks Craig. I'm not a person to indulge in "self pity" it just snuck up on me in the early hours xx

over a year ago

"That's real nice Sassy, I hadn't noticed your post in that thread as I kinda stayed away after reading what it was about.

Xx

Yes thanks Craig. I'm not a person to indulge in "self pity" it just snuck up on me in the early hours xx"

It can do that, get you when you least expect it.

It's Wayne by the way.

over a year ago

Xx

Yes thanks Craig. I'm not a person to indulge in "self pity" it just snuck up on me in the early hours xx

It can do that, get you when you least expect it.

It's Wayne by the way. "

I knew that "Mr Rooney"... not had my morning cappucinno yet...sorry

over a year ago

It's great to hear that people really do care, even those we have never met before.

(((hugs))) for you sassy, and I hope that you're back on top form xx

over a year ago

Thank Stu...yes thank you.

It really surprised me - as I said, a truly humbling experience x

Post new Message to Thread