Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sociopaths

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you think you would be able to spot one. If you read the forums on any one given day it could be argued that most need psyciatric help, but i am being serious on this occasion. Look at Fred and rosemary west. Do you think people are born sciopaths or do you think its something in there develepment that causes them to act in this was.

Definition of a sociapath

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions

When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sounds like our 13year old daughter lol

over a year ago

Phewwwwwwww

Only got three of um

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Feck me....you have got half the Forum regulars in that list

over a year ago

"Feck me....you have got half the Forum regulars in that list "

Only half!!!!!!!!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Feck me....you have got half the Forum regulars in that list

Only half!!!!!!!!!! "

Give me a chance, only read a quarter of the way down

over a year ago

hmmm sounds eather like a strict dom or a 18 year old guy

over a year ago

but seriously can anyone deny any ONE thing on that list?

over a year ago

I ONLY WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND XXXX

over a year ago

over a year ago

"but seriously can anyone deny any ONE thing on that list?"

I owned up to 3 of um

Not telling which ones tho

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Runs away screaming

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Only half!!!!!!!!!! "

Reading that list, we've now decided not to meet anyone every again!

over a year ago

" "

Ermmmmmmm

do i knows you ?

over a year ago

"

Ermmmmmmm

do i knows you ? "

Ermmm not personally

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Only half!!!!!!!!!!

Reading that list, we've now decided not to meet anyone every again! "

Oh don't be scared,im carrying on as usual,I like to toy with my food anyway

over a year ago

"

Ermmmmmmm

do i knows you ?

Ermmm not personally "

But forum wise ?

over a year ago

"Do you think you would be able to spot one. If you read the forums on any one given day it could be argued that most need psyciatric help, but i am being serious on this occasion. Look at Fred and rosemary west. Do you think people are born sciopaths or do you think its something in there develepment that causes them to act in this was.

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions

When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

"

What is the source for this definition please?

over a year ago

*pisssssst peaches*

he could be a pathalogical liar or could even stalk you just being helpful

over a year ago

Noooooooo

I recognise the photo

over a year ago

Even I am now afraid.. very afraid...

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Noooooooo

I recognise the photo "

So do I

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Only half!!!!!!!!!!

Reading that list, we've now decided not to meet anyone every again!

Oh don't be scared,im carrying on as usual,I like to toy with my food anyway "

We may be tasty, but other's on here are much more succulent than us go try them first!!

over a year ago

lol ladies

over a year ago

"Do you think you would be able to spot one. If you read the forums on any one given day it could be argued that most need psyciatric help, but i am being serious on this occasion. Look at Fred and rosemary west. Do you think people are born sciopaths or do you think its something in there develepment that causes them to act in this was.

Profile of the Sociopath

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

What is the source for this definition please?"

dont know some websie i was looking at

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Diamond could I have a double helpin of Stimulation thou please, I feel the need for it

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Now that's a GOOD thread

over a year ago

Omg, ive not had time to read all this as ive just got home from work but in the first paragraph or three i saw my mother, manipulative, domineering, loves to humiliate but doesnt think she is doing anything wrong, oh so grandiose, thinks that my bosses wont mind if im late back from lunch with her i could go on but its just too upsetting

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

Apparently the Americans done a study in mass murderers. The found 80% of them has suffered some sort of severe head trauma bewteen the age of 4 - 6.

over a year ago

My pushchair ran down the driveway and I smashed my head into the gate when I was probably about that age!

I've yet to commit any sex murders - but then again... I DID join FABS hoping for new experiences!

over a year ago

Profile of the Sociopath

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

What is the source for this definition please?

dont know some websie i was looking at"

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

over a year ago

I would think that a lot of people will recognise that they display some of these behaviours.

Sadly, when I walk around town both during the day and in the evenings (which I don't do much anymore now that I am a virtual recluse) I see people behaving in what I would consider a shocking way. What saddens me more is that this behaviour seems to be viewed as acceptable by everyone around them

Unless someone obviously exhibited a large number of the mentioned behaviours in Diamond's list then I think we could be forgiven for not recognising the danger that these people pose to themselves and to others.

Psychopaths are ever so slightly different by definition, and I would think I would apply the same opinion to them as I do to sociopaths.

over a year ago

Profile of the Sociopath

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

"

Politics springs to mind....the house of commons is like a drop in day center for sociopaths...

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

none of them apply to me!

everyone line up for shagging!

it wasnt me....

it was my next door neighbour!

no I'm perfec

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Sorry thought this was gonna be some new sexual perversion

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Sorry thought this was gonna be some new sexual perversion "

Only if the elephant arrives before its your turn in the queue

Now get back in line!

not my fault!

blame the teachers!

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Profile of the Sociopath

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

"

You called?

over a year ago

is it multiple choice???xx

over a year ago

I went to see a sociopath the other day, as I was suffering from constipation. He scared the shit out of me!

over a year ago

Profile of the Sociopath

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

"

all of which i wrote in my divorce petition

Post new Message to Thread