Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Inspiration of the Twat of 2013 thread.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

First though in a relation to the thread at hand. May sound stupid as its so obvious, but what are the names of people's job titles who are employed by head office (maybe they work for agencies ) who go around spying on workers and make up various rules to make the business "better" run?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is the answer..... Sydney ! …

over a year ago

"First though in a relation to the thread at hand. May sound stupid as its so obvious, but what are the names of people's job titles who are employed by head office (maybe they work for agencies ) who go around spying on workers and make up various rules to make the business "better" run? "

Time and Motion?

over a year ago

"First though in a relation to the thread at hand. May sound stupid as its so obvious, but what are the names of people's job titles who are employed by head office (maybe they work for agencies ) who go around spying on workers and make up various rules to make the business "better" run?

Time and Motion?"

Not a management consultant then?

over a year ago

Change agents

over a year ago

"Change agents"

Sounds like them

They have to go as well as management consultants. Worse than the taxman.

over a year ago

Because they may possibly improve things or identify the lazy people ?

over a year ago

"Because they may possibly improve things or identify the lazy people ?"

You worked in retail before?

Nothing to do with laziness. In my view though they encourage that

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Maybe you should look at the bigger picture of what these people actually do.

over a year ago

"First though in a relation to the thread at hand. May sound stupid as its so obvious, but what are the names of people's job titles who are employed by head office (maybe they work for agencies ) who go around spying on workers and make up various rules to make the business "better" run? "

Mystery shoppers?

By *uckyinlustMan
over a year ago

manchester

The fun police ..........

over a year ago

"Maybe you should look at the bigger picture of what these people actually do. "

Apart from get staff stressed and annoy the customers. Not alot really.

Look at the changes made in stores and no one likes them. Yet when someone complains about it. Nothing gets done for whatever reason and unless I am mistaken these are the people who are sent out on team building exercises and make people who go to these things act like a complete idiot or is that another job that retailers hire.

over a year ago

Nope not worked in retail. Every job/career gets reviewed.

Every worker moans about their lot and the idiots running them. Its not until you look at bigger pictures do you realise things can look different ? Work with such people not against them.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Ah misery and moaning for NYE.

Cheer up people!

over a year ago

"First though in a relation to the thread at hand. May sound stupid as its so obvious, but what are the names of people's job titles who are employed by head office (maybe they work for agencies ) who go around spying on workers and make up various rules to make the business "better" run?

Mystery shoppers?"

Close. Mystery shoppers are hired by retailers or agencies to make sure people do things 100% accurate/precise all the time whilst showing no feeling apart from kissing up to people. Anything less is a disgrace on their part.

I meant though. People who say. Big changes, money has to be laid out like this not how it has been for years and years, same for other layouts, etc.

If it was up to me a random colleague/customer will just walk in. Check various stock on shelves, check to see if things are clean and tidy everywhere. Go upstairs and check everything is organised, go back to the shop floor and check customer services to see if anyone has a list of compliments over a set period of time and start getting heavy if one person keeps getting repeated bad customer complaints. Not make people paranoid by constantly watching them unawares as doing that causes stress and nerves for everyone.

over a year ago

" Nope not worked in retail. Every job/career gets reviewed.

Every worker moans about their lot and the idiots running them. Its not until you look at bigger pictures do you realise things can look different ? Work with such people not against them. "

Ask someone you know who has or does work in it. You'll see what I mean then. Although a lot of people who have changed firms, but still work in retail have said their previous place of employment is far more stressful as you get no back up, etc.

over a year ago

Mystery shoppers?

Close. Mystery shoppers are hired by retailers or agencies to make sure people do things 100% accurate/precise all the time whilst showing no feeling apart from kissing up to people. Anything less is a disgrace on their part.

I meant though. People who say. Big changes, money has to be laid out like this not how it has been for years and years, same for other layouts, etc.

If it was up to me a random colleague/customer will just walk in. Check various stock on shelves, check to see if things are clean and tidy everywhere. Go upstairs and check everything is organised, go back to the shop floor and check customer services to see if anyone has a list of compliments over a set period of time and start getting heavy if one person keeps getting repeated bad customer complaints. Not make people paranoid by constantly watching them unawares as doing that causes stress and nerves for everyone. "

Looks like its not up to you. Just do as your employer asks until you're promoted ? Happy new year !

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I really do think you need a new job OP!!!

Mind you there will always be changes and efficiency measures in any job.

over a year ago

"I really do think you need a new job OP!!! "

I agree!!

over a year ago

Mystery shoppers?

If it was up to me a random colleague/customer will just walk in. Check various stock on shelves, check to see if things are clean and tidy everywhere. Go upstairs and check everything is organised, go back to the shop floor and check customer services to see if anyone has a list of compliments over a set period of time and start getting heavy if one person keeps getting repeated bad customer complaints. Not make people paranoid by constantly watching them unawares as doing that causes stress and nerves for everyone. "

Why would it make you paranoid if some one is watching you doing your job? Unless you cut corners or don't pull your weight when doing what you get paid for it should not bother you.

over a year ago

My boss seems to be watching me all the time. I know how to do my job but she makes me worse and making silly little mistakes which I wouldn't do if she didn't watch me.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Business isn't just about making sure things are clean and tidy and organised. It's about maximising profit, growing your business, more shops etc

Its not just retail that has these things happen to them. It's an inevitable part of working in the real world.

over a year ago

Mystery shoppers?"

A "mystery diner" totally annihilated my abilities and character a few months ago. All points flagged up : I had zero training in and was unjustly criticised in.

Told them.to shove their job up their arse and am now sorted. TWATS

over a year ago

Mystery shoppers?

If it was up to me a random colleague/customer will just walk in. Check various stock on shelves, check to see if things are clean and tidy everywhere. Go upstairs and check everything is organised, go back to the shop floor and check customer services to see if anyone has a list of compliments over a set period of time and start getting heavy if one person keeps getting repeated bad customer complaints. Not make people paranoid by constantly watching them unawares as doing that causes stress and nerves for everyone.

Why would it make you paranoid if some one is watching you doing your job? Unless you cut corners or don't pull your weight when doing what you get paid for it should not bother you.

"

That's like saying if you are able to do a job and are qualified for it. If you go for an interview for the job. You shouldn't get nervous.

over a year ago

"My boss seems to be watching me all the time. I know how to do my job but she makes me worse and making silly little mistakes which I wouldn't do if she didn't watch me. "

Change the word "boss" for these people and a lot of people are like that in my workplace. When people are having time off. We can relax and do things properly as they should be. Not rushing around like there's no tomorrow and making mistakes we don't normally make.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"My boss seems to be watching me all the time. I know how to do my job but she makes me worse and making silly little mistakes which I wouldn't do if she didn't watch me.

Change the word "boss" for these people and a lot of people are like that in my workplace. When people are having time off. We can relax and do things properly as they should be. Not rushing around like there's no tomorrow and making mistakes we don't normally make. "

Properly in your eyes maybe, but not necessarily in the eyes of the people that are funding and running the business.

over a year ago

"My boss seems to be watching me all the time. I know how to do my job but she makes me worse and making silly little mistakes which I wouldn't do if she didn't watch me.

Change the word "boss" for these people and a lot of people are like that in my workplace. When people are having time off. We can relax and do things properly as they should be. Not rushing around like there's no tomorrow and making mistakes we don't normally make.

Properly in your eyes maybe, but not necessarily in the eyes of the people that are funding and running the business. "

It clearly shows. Customers fund the business and staff run it with the resources they have. If you don't listen to staff about things being run day. Staff will be unhappy and even leave, bad mouth the place, etc or customers will notice and shop elsewhere or think "what a dump or stupid place", etc. If you don't listen to customers. They will just go elsewhere. Simple really. Which is why a lot of customers have told our bosses they will shop elsewhere and a year later. They still do. So what's happened the company is trying to decrease the workforce and expenses so the profile margins stay the same as they have always been or improve. Sometimes it works, but a lot of colleagues then have a poor income.

Post new Message to Thread