Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Girls, need advice to pull tonight?

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Luckily, The Telegraph has some tips for you....

"

1. Don’t preload before the party. As tempting as this is, you’ll be too hammered when you arrive to tell who’s acceptable shagging fodder and who isn’t.

2. If you decide there’s no-one who takes your fancy at this point, then leave it. Have a drink; dance with your mates; enjoy yourself. If you must snog someone at midnight, make it the DJ – you’ll have bragging rights all evening and can insist on a bespoke playlist of music catering to your personal tastes for the rest of the evening.

3. On the other hand, if you’ve got your eye on someone early on, try and hammer out some sort of gentlewoman’s agreement with your friends while you’re still sober, there’s nothing as undignified as three attractive, intelligent women all throwing themselves at the same mediocre man.

4. Of course, it’s possible that one of your friends might break this rule after several pints of wine. If they do, it’s entirely acceptable to use it against them in arguments for the whole of the following year. Also: don’t be that friend.

5. Don’t wear your glittery, Christmas frock. New Year’s Eve is all about your sexiest, most dangerous Little Black Dress.

6. Don’t get too hammered before midnight. This is a rule I flout every year with gay abandon, but do as I say, not as I do. If there’s a choice between the hot girl who can hold a conversation and stand upright unaided or the one who’s slurring her words and swaying as if on a boat, most will opt for the former. At least before 2.18am anyway, which is the exact moment when people get a bit desperate and grabbing anything they can get.

7. Don’t go home with anyone who only started talking to you at some point after 2.18am.

8. Look for a man who seem to have a lot of friends, is funny, offers to buy you a drink (because it means he’s kind, not because it means he’s rich) and asks you a lot of questions about yourself.

9. Avoid men who can’t really explain who they know at the party or who they’re there with, are casually racist or sexist and dismiss it as ‘banter,’ or are married.

10. Like I said, start the year how you mean to go on. And if your night does happen to end with you and your best mates, dancing on the table, singing your heads off, long after all the eligible men have given up and gone home? I’d call that a job well done.

Go forth and conquer ladies. I’ll see you on the other side. Oh yes, and happy new year!

"

11, If you're out and about in Halifax, come and say hi

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

12. I'm not out tonight so you'll have to come to me.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

it

Post new Message to Thread