Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bi Sexuality and parenting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it something you feel your children should know about? Would you think its non of their business?

I found out my dad was bi sexual at the age of 16.. despite having gay friends i was still kinda shocked about it all.

Totally accepting of it now btw

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I think we should teach children that it's ok to be gay or bi sexual....I was brought up around gay men most of my life due to the business my mum had and I was always taught it's ok to be gay or bi..would I tell my children (if I have any) probably not as I don't fall into the category of having a relationship with a woman...if I did then I probably would share.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

my brothers ex lives with a woman, and raises my brothers kids in that environment.

they obviously know she likes/liked men otherwise they wouldnt be here.

even i get confused sometimes, but they seem to be coping well.

they are only young, though (they are between 5 and 8 but no idea the actual ages, i dont really care that much lol) so any effect on their sexuality due to these circumstances will not show for a while yet.

over a year ago

My daughter knows about bi sexuality ... being gay ... yes I feel strongly she should know that people can love who they wish to and be who they wish to be

I don't understand the ' ssshhhhhh' don't tell the children about someone being gay , being bi sexual ... being a transexual

I remember fondly my daughter seeing a very attractive woman at the bus stop once and saying to me ' mummy isn't she beautiful ' ... it was a beautiful tv and she looked ecstatic .. I told my daughter later and she just shrugged and said ' she's still beautiful mummy'

My daughter is simply the best

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

You see many children being brought up in same sex relationships and if it's handled correctly and questions are answered then the children are less confused and often seen as they have 2 daddies or mummies...I'm all for same sex parenting as long as the child is loved etc then I can't see the issue...issues are raised outside the family rather then within the family when the kids are asked questions by others.

over a year ago

I've taken the kids to Pride a few times and they didn't bat an eyelid. I wanted to leave because it was raining but they said we had to stay.

I won't say anything about me, I reckon my ex will rant about it at some point. Also people in my town remember when I had a long relationship with a woman so someone is bound to say something. I'll just talk about it the same as if they talked about any ex.

over a year ago

"My daughter knows about bi sexuality ... being gay ... yes I feel strongly she should know that people can love who they wish to and be who they wish to be

I don't understand the ' ssshhhhhh' don't tell the children about someone being gay , being bi sexual ... being a transexual

I remember fondly my daughter seeing a very attractive woman at the bus stop once and saying to me ' mummy isn't she beautiful ' ... it was a beautiful tv and she looked ecstatic .. I told my daughter later and she just shrugged and said ' she's still beautiful mummy'

"

kids say it how it is

over a year ago

"My daughter knows about bi sexuality ... being gay ... yes I feel strongly she should know that people can love who they wish to and be who they wish to be

"

Aww!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I always remember the first nightclub I went to was a gay nightclub with the people that used to work with my mum....my mum thought it would be a safer environment for me and she also wanted me to experience it and wanted to show me certain things in life...I never battered an eyelid and had great fun...

over a year ago

Aww!! "

I know ... god she gets on wick sometimes lol but shes one clued up and sensational gorgeous child

over a year ago

"my brothers ex lives with a woman, and raises my brothers kids in that environment.

they obviously know she likes/liked men otherwise they wouldnt be here.

even i get confused sometimes, but they seem to be coping well.

they are only young, though (they are between 5 and 8 but no idea the actual ages, i dont really care that much lol) so any effect on their sexuality due to these circumstances will not show for a while yet."

my step brothers children are mainly raised by his ex and her partner. They were 4 and 6 when their mum started her lesbian relationship

I only discovered my dad was bi sexual when they applied for divorce, never did ask why they kept it a secret from me and my brother but it was something they didnt think we needed to know about

over a year ago

Kids don't see an issue with sexuality...they just see people in love/who care about each other. They are taught to have prejudices or see things as being wrong/different. Think so long as there is honesty and the kids are loved there should be no issues.

My Sister and I have gay friends and when we meet up with them with my Niece she doesn't see them as a gay couple, just as a couple

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Kids don't see an issue with sexuality...they just see people in love/who care about each other. They are taught to have prejudices or see things as being wrong/different. "

Never a truer word said and hopefully as a generation more accepting of difference our children will be more open

over a year ago

"Kids don't see an issue with sexuality...they just see people in love/who care about each other. They are taught to have prejudices or see things as being wrong/different.

Never a truer word said and hopefully as a generation more accepting of difference our children will be more open"

over a year ago

I'm straight but I feel very passionate about gay\bi people being able to live the life that is right for them ... So I'm very open with my kids about all the different choices people have ..... But my sex life is my private business .... So unless it spills into my everyday life they or anyone else would have no need to know who I'm with or what I do with them

over a year ago

"I'm straight but I feel very passionate about gay\bi people being able to live the life that is right for them ... So I'm very open with my kids about all the different choices people have ..... But my sex life is my private business .... So unless it spills into my everyday life they or anyone else would have no need to know who I'm with or what I do with them "

Post new Message to Thread