Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Today's Championship Football

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Brighton at Blackpool. ...seaside derby what's that all about surely Bournemouth more appropriate for festive season.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is Bournemouth's nickname really the Poppy Cherries or did my wayward mind just make that up.....?.....

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Is Bournemouth's nickname really the Poppy Cherries or did my wayward mind just make that up.....?..... "

Soxy you're trying too hard.

They are known as the Cherries which is a mixed-up name in cocktail sense but Bournemouth is one of my favourite towns..they play next at the Amex on New Years Day...a 30,000+ sell out.

Btw we won at Blackpool 1-0 on a pitch that must have been used for Donkies...tough game.

Another useless fact I played at Dean Court..outside on Kings Park in 1992 as a Right Inside Line backer for Brighton B52's...I'm not sure of the result but it was a hell of a tear up..

By the way how is Poyet doing at the Stadium of Light?

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Not many Championship posters...are you all comatose?

By *olarbear3Man
over a year ago

We played Yeovil yesterday bet they was pissed off that had travel all that way to get pumped 5-1..we've had 2 home fixtures then play burnley New Year's Day which is 25 miles away so we've had it good this year

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"We played Yeovil yesterday bet they was pissed off that had travel all that way to get pumped 5-1..we've had 2 home fixtures then play burnley New Year's Day which is 25 miles away so we've had it good this year "

Hope you guys beat Burnley as they're doing better than expected this year and were one of my tips preseason for bottom half.

Great result for you against Yeovil who didnt look a bad side. James Vaughan is my tip for top scorer but Leonardo Ulloa is back from injury and scored two against Charlton before our 1-0 win at Blackpool...he really is a beast and despite three months out has six or seven goals.

By *olarbear3Man
over a year ago

Vaughan as played 12 games and scored 10 so a decent return, he hasn't played last few games and there is talk that hes going to celtic in January..hope not

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Vaughan as played 12 games and scored 10 so a decent return, he hasn't played last few games and there is talk that hes going to celtic in January..hope not"

He'd be a big loss...is money needed by club?

Ulloa also subject to bids...6 goals in 13 games or so...got two against Charlton on his first game since a three month lay off.

over a year ago

"Not many Championship posters...are you all comatose? "
i don't watch football, I'm a QPR fan

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Not many Championship posters...are you all comatose? i don't watch football, I'm a QPR fan"

Haha...they are slipping a bit...met some QPR fans Saturday before last in TGIF's and the taxi driver driving me back to Victoria. ..they were really upbeat that night.

My best visit to QPR was the McGuigan vs Pedrosa fight in 1985.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Seems like QPR are a one man team....Charlie Austin...if he doesn't score you're more than likely to draw or lose...

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

[Removed by poster at 30/12/13 12:05:37]

over a year ago

I wish Arry would go now, touted for the England job? Our loss was the countries gain

Worst football I have ever seen

over a year ago

"Not many Championship posters...are you all comatose? "

No, but I'll be joining you in August, by the look of things! WHU

over a year ago

Add foolham to that

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Not many Championship posters...are you all comatose?

No, but I'll be joining you in August, by the look of things! WHU "

Carroll will be the saviour if he ever comes back.

Rumour down this way is that big Sam will bid for Ulloa...it'll cost £10m but we won't sell as promotion is a must this third Chsmpionship season...you guys did us good and proper last time out...

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Add foolham to that"

Yep defiantly (intended Ryan Dear)

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Still think the Championship is as exciting as Premier League. ..Reading Forest Leicester Burnley Brighton Derby Burnley all class sides fighting for three promotion slots..

over a year ago

"Still think the Championship is as exciting as Premier League. ..Reading Forest Leicester Burnley Brighton Derby Burnley all class sides fighting for three promotion slots.. "

The championship can be completely unpredictable and is less dominated by money! The premier league is a business now.

Norwich's games in the championship would be more entertaining, but I love being in the Premier league...fingers crossed for 2014!

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Still think the Championship is as exciting as Premier League. ..Reading Forest Leicester Burnley Brighton Derby Burnley all class sides fighting for three promotion slots..

The championship can be completely unpredictable and is less dominated by money! The premier league is a business now.

Norwich's games in the championship would be more entertaining, but I love being in the Premier league...fingers crossed for 2014!"

That's a pretty good summation....

I can't see Norwich in danger....Fulham Palace Sunderland WHU are all worse than you at the moment....Palace seem cock a hoop at the moment but I hope you batter them tomorrow and put them back in their place. ..

Post new Message to Thread