Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Asking for this, I know, but am I sad.,

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It seems a hell of a lot of people on here don't reply to anything anyone's sent or done (wink) I reply to everything, does that make me sad or just polite.

I know we've had the 'no replies' thread before but it still seems strange to me to ignore someone. Unless they are nasty

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

hi frill thanks for the thanks for the fab message xxx thanks for looking at me too xxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always reply to everything even if they are not for me, but to be fair I'm not having to deal with hundreds of messages a day

over a year ago

I'd say it makes you polite, although I do think some that don't reply, don't have the time, or depending of the nature of the message the incling. Doesn't automatically make them impolite.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I can't possibly reply to everyone. I type with two sausages.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

OP, appreciate what your saying but do you respond to every email you get, or each piece of junk mail dropped on your mat..?

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I gave up replying to people I'm not interested in as a fair few see even a no thanks as an opening to start up a conversation. And the odd one even gets shitty. So I don't bother x

over a year ago

I reply to everybody that winks, fabs or messages me, wether they are my type or not, a simple no thank you I don't think we are suited, or a yes please, either way it takes no time atall. Besides I only have to do it once a month

over a year ago

"OP, appreciate what your saying but do you respond to every email you get, or each piece of junk mail dropped on your mat..?

"

No, but here we are looking for people and things we want. Don't get much swingers junk mail lol.

over a year ago

"It seems a hell of a lot of people on here don't reply to anything anyone's sent or done (wink) I reply to everything, does that make me sad or just polite.

I know we've had the 'no replies' thread before but it still seems strange to me to ignore someone. Unless they are nasty"

That is nice to know but I think its the abuse that ladies get after a refusal that spoils it for the nice guys x

By *tupidityDictatesWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I used to reply to everything but now I don't bother..

Why should I waste my time replying to a message from someone who clearly didn't take the time to read my profile and wouldn't have needed to ask that question had they taken a peek at my profile.

Also how the hell do you reply to 'I want to fuck you so bad and lick your cunt'.. errm 'thanks'?

over a year ago

If someone messages us, we always reply. Even to say thanks but no thanks.. Winks tho, don't get the point!!

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Frill what happens for example if you get 100 winks. 100 friend requests 100 messages and same for pics fabbed. I know its silly but realistically are good going to reply to all of them?

It is unrealistic. Do you call every pizza company that sticks a thing through your door saying no thanks. Its likely you dont.

If you only get 5 winks, friend invites, fabs, and messages then the chances are you may respond to all of those.

Its not rude to use the site how you wish or not reply to loads of friend invites even though you have deleted every one each time they send them.

Its lovely that you choose too but showing you the extreme is proves how you have to look what is important to you x

over a year ago

"I can't possibly reply to everyone. I type with two sausages. "

pffffttt I’m at a loss for words…

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

The thing with replying to everyone is that it opens up a conversation with people you are not always interested in and sometimes it can get rather heated and abusive, I experienced this for the first time yesterday

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

"OP, appreciate what your saying but do you respond to every email you get, or each piece of junk mail dropped on your mat..?

No, but here we are looking for people and things we want. Don't get much swingers junk mail lol."

What about the hi wanna fuck

Hows you today

Wanna sit on my face

You free tonight

You like my cock. ....or am I the only ones who get them

over a year ago

I used to try to reply to every message but it became virtually impossible to keep up. What I tend to do is come on just to respond to messages and reply to either the latest ones or ones that have made an effort to converse. Any one liners or get a load of my cock type messages are deleted.

Also what I've noticed is even if you don't reply or reply with a no thanks they message you back a week later anyway!

over a year ago

in Lancashire

No, but here we are looking for people and things we want. Don't get much swingers junk mail lol."

but we are not all looking for the same thing though, some guys are looking to just dump a load in whomever as they are 'in the neighbourhood' etc..

trouble is like most things the minority sometimes spoil it for the rest and abuse in response to politely saying no ta does make some folks tighten up their fuckwit alert radar..

over a year ago

"I used to try to reply to every message but it became virtually impossible to keep up. What I tend to do is come on just to respond to messages and reply to either the latest ones or ones that have made an effort to converse. Any one liners or get a load of my cock type messages are deleted.

Also what I've noticed is even if you don't reply or reply with a no thanks they message you back a week later anyway!"

You owe me a reply from 4 weeks and 3 days ago

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

No, but here we are looking for people and things we want. Don't get much swingers junk mail lol.

What about the hi wanna fuck

Hows you today

Wanna sit on my face

You free tonight

You like my cock. ....or am I the only ones who get them "

Or how about the 'wanna meet up so you can suck my cock'

Somehow, I can't think of a polite reply!

over a year ago

we tend to reply to every well written message.

2 words, or stupid ones dont get a look in.

winks, it depends what the profile htey are off looks like.

By *issmekate xxxWoman
over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

When I first joined I used to genuinely attempt to reply to everyone, just out of politeness really, cus that's the sort of person I am .... but since amending my profile, and realising that most people don't attempt to read the first line, let alone all the way to the end I make no apologies for a quick squint at their profile and even swifter press of the delete button ... if people cant make a genuine attempt to engage me in conversation then how are they going to make any efforts in the boudoir department ??? It may be a sex site but I'm after a bit more a quick grope from a numpty !!! Simples really !!!

over a year ago

"I gave up replying to people I'm not interested in as a fair few see even a no thanks as an opening to start up a conversation. And the odd one even gets shitty. So I don't bother x"

Snap too many people can't understand the word no

over a year ago

We try and replie to most but it's hard some days we get 60+winks and 20+messages. Your profile is also very def on what you guys are looking for. Adam x

over a year ago

"I used to try to reply to every message but it became virtually impossible to keep up. What I tend to do is come on just to respond to messages and reply to either the latest ones or ones that have made an effort to converse. Any one liners or get a load of my cock type messages are deleted.

Also what I've noticed is even if you don't reply or reply with a no thanks they message you back a week later anyway!

You owe me a reply from 4 weeks and 3 days ago "

would that be to the one liner 'here's my cock ' message lol...?!

over a year ago

You owe me a reply from 4 weeks and 3 days ago

would that be to the one liner 'here's my cock ' message lol...?! "

no was "fancy a fuck",,,

over a year ago

I can't reply to everyone either. My fingers get too slippy

over a year ago

"It seems a hell of a lot of people on here don't reply to anything anyone's sent or done (wink) I reply to everything, does that make me sad or just polite.

I know we've had the 'no replies' thread before but it still seems strange to me to ignore someone. Unless they are nasty"

Usually answer most people, even though it is usually guys asking for meets, even though we clearly state we are not meeting at the moment. I am still usually polite enough to explain why we are not meeting at the moment and most people accept this graciously. If they keep pestering, then I sometimes ignore.

over a year ago

"I can't reply to everyone either. My fingers get too slippy "

well lubricated then

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You do what suits you. When I was meeting there was nothing ambiguous with regards to the type of man I was looking for. I also applied filters to limit those able to contact. I further let it be known I wouldn't reply to anyone outwith what I'm looking for: and I didn't.

If someone wants to waste their time, good for them, I don't!

Some people are happy to answer every mail and not arrange meets, we all use the site differently. It's those who indulge in email ping pong with people they have NO intention of meeting, then complain about being swamped with mail I think are a little needy and/or batty!

over a year ago

Okay, i get the extremes (phoning up the pizza place to thank them for their leaflet ha ha)

over a year ago

not sad at all just very polite which is a very good thing i for one always appreciate a reply

over a year ago

The Majority of the messages we get seem to be aimed Simply at Nette and not even thinking of my part in the equation so i just cant be bothered

Gary

over a year ago

"We try and replie to most but it's hard some days we get 60+winks and 20+messages. Your profile is also very def on what you guys are looking for. Adam x"

Yes we are looking for someone quite specific, probably why we don't get lots of mail (not a whinge by the way, we know this is probably the wrong site )

Frill

over a year ago

It come down the time it will take.

It would be nice if we had a button to press saying thank you but no thank you.

That and a lot of members just have bad mannes.

over a year ago

I'm a solo guy, sometimes wink to show interest, I get ignored about 50% of the time, but that's people's choice. So keep winking!

over a year ago

It's always going to be the case that couples/single women are going to get bombarded by messages/winks from single guys, 90 percent of which are likely to be mindless chancers hoping that every woman will swoon at the sight of they're cock with a sky remote and a box of Kleenex ( man size of course ) strategically placed to one side. Thus it is always going to be the case that they will soon become bored of such antics and treat most with the same enthusiasm. Perfectly understandable. For the single guy on here (myself) you tend to treat every wink/fab/message as if it's likely to be your last. This is not an act of desperation it's merely an acknowledgement that you have been picked out of the crowd of a million other tadpoles in the pond. So if it's likely to go anywhere or not a simple cheers is always welcome. Wether it be cheers I fancy the fuck out of you too, or a cheers you've made a little boy from Swindon a happy little ego. It's always going to be a different outlook for guys, girls, and couples

over a year ago

True, but I get a lot of messages from men I don't want! Why should I waste my time answering a 'Nice Legs' message from someone who is NOT what I'm looking for and who obviously didn't read my profile.

When I first joined Fab a few years ago I used to answer all messages and in one evening I had over 100 because some think that a reply is a right to start up a conversation

I don't feel bad deleting messages anymore!

over a year ago

OP I too used to reply to all. Now frankly I can't be arsed

over a year ago

"The Majority of the messages we get seem to be aimed Simply at Nette and not even thinking of my part in the equation so i just cant be bothered

Gary"

Nette who?. Gaz you bastud all them messages and naked pics . You never once mentioned you had a Nette . Devastated tosh

over a year ago

Guys...once you press the send button just assume your message is lost into the ether forever....if you get a reply it's a bonus

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"It come down the time it will take.

It would be nice if we had a button to press saying thank you but no thank you.

That and a lot of members just have bad mannes. "

Why do people think it is bad manners not to reply?

If you could see at least half of my messages, YOU wouldn't be arsed either! Either that or risk replying what I really would like to say! Somehow, I think I may get a few choice emails from admin

over a year ago

I think Its polite to decline an offer , well, politely. I suppose it depends on your volume of messages, but a firm polite not interested usually stops any further messages. So actually decreases you r time spent wading through them.

over a year ago

"The Majority of the messages we get seem to be aimed Simply at Nette and not even thinking of my part in the equation so i just cant be bothered

Gary Nette who?. Gaz you bastud all them messages and naked pics . You never once mentioned you had a Nette . Devastated tosh "

Sorry!! I was D*unk it was just a Two year thing, I Luffs yooo Tish Tosh HunnyBuns...Come Baaaaaack

Gary

over a year ago

I usually send a message then delete . That way you if you don't get a reply you forgotten about sending it anyway so don't worry about it . If you get one back bonus xx

over a year ago

We don't reply to winks, we do reply to 99% of our messages even if it's a polite no thanks

over a year ago

Gary Nette who?. Gaz you bastud all them messages and naked pics . You never once mentioned you had a Nette . Devastated tosh

Sorry!! I was D*unk it was just a Two year thing, I Luffs yooo Tish Tosh HunnyBuns...Come Baaaaaack

Gary"

To late gawwy my ticklemaster . You have hurt me . Nette Nette Nette . I hope your happy . Bet she's got great bangers

over a year ago

Read the site FAQ's it says it's not rude to reply and should be taken as not interested and explains various reasons why people don't reply.

over a year ago

"I think Its polite to decline an offer , well, politely. I suppose it depends on your volume of messages, but a firm polite not interested usually stops any further messages. So actually decreases you r time spent wading through them. "

To a degree you're right but as soon as I login in I get messages so in theory I could just spend all my time on here replying ~ thanks but no thanks!

Btw I am not whinging about receiving messages, I'm just trying to explain why I don't reply to everyone.

over a year ago

No with the couples I'm the only one participating, I think people see different things on the forums, and chose their way

Nette

over a year ago

"We try and replie to most but it's hard some days we get 60+winks and 20+messages. Your profile is also very def on what you guys are looking for. Adam x"

Yes we are looking for someone quite specific, probably why we don't get lots of mail (not a whinge by the way, we know this is probably the wrong site )

Frill

over a year ago

I reply to all messages if only to say no thanks. I probably get about 8 messages a week. But I don't reply to friend requests because my profile says don't send me them.

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

[Removed by poster at 28/12/13 17:20:39]

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

I reply to everything. I like winks I use winks occasionally I get winks back. There have been so many threads on this subject but it's not very often one is started that is almost sympathetic to the plight of the single man. Usually it's a single guy moaning about not getting a reply. Anyway it got me thinking. I know women get a lot of messages we all know men have to write a lot of messages in order to get even a reply let alone a meet. It takes longer to write a message than read one. Even longer if it's not cut and paste, more than one line and includes the all important password and obligatory face pic. These are the criteria chaps usually have to fulfill and mostly even when they do 90% or more still vanish down a black hole. The feeling is, and I have gone along with it, that the single gals get so much mail it's acceptable to bulk delete, not respond not say no thanks evrn in a copy paste way but is it really so hard compared to the effort put in by the genuine guys?

I don't think anyone would argue that a fancy a shag message is fair game for the delete button but how long does it really take to read and respond? Not as long as to write a genuine message I'm guessing. If you say no thanks and get abuse just block, problem solved. These are more rambling thoughts for discussion than a desire to have a torrent of vitriol rain down on me so what do we think?

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

Oh Jesus H Christ! People are seriously expecting a reply to a WINK now too?

Get a grip ffs!

*Her*

over a year ago

"Oh Jesus H Christ! People are seriously expecting a reply to a WINK now too?

Get a grip ffs!

*Her*"

I don't think that's quite what's meant

over a year ago

Just means you've got more free time on yer hands than most! If I could reply to every message, I would

...just not possible!

Good effort though!

By *istalloverCouple
over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

"I can't possibly reply to everyone. I type with two sausages.

pffffttt I’m at a loss for words… "

careful

Walls Have Ears

over a year ago

I know we've had the 'no replies' thread before but it still seems strange to me to ignore someone. Unless they are nasty

Just means you've got more free time on yer hands than most! If I could reply tomorrow every message, I would

...just not possible!

Good effort though! "

No it doesn't

over a year ago

in Lancashire

just had an email from a guy who clearly has not had the coutesy to read our profile as in several area's he and us are not compatible..

the email consisted of a mobile number, a 'kik' and also a 'watsapp' thingie..

no Hi, 'i am so and so etc'..

we did reply but tbh it was'nt courteous..

over a year ago

Just means you've got more free time on yer hands than most! If I could reply tomorrow every message, I would

...just not possible!

Good effort though!

No it doesn't "

No it doesn't what?

If you've got time to reply to folk you aint gonna meet, then you've definately got more time than me...that's for sure!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I can't possibly reply to everyone. I type with two sausages.

pffffttt I’m at a loss for words… "

Now that I find hard to believe

over a year ago

...just not possible!

Good effort though!

No it doesn't

No it doesn't what?

If you've got time to reply to folk you aint gonna meet, then you've definately got more time than me...that's for sure! "

A reply takes seconds, doesn't mean I have more free time. Every body always has to be so manic and busy

over a year ago

There's still a group of guys on here who take a strop if you day no thanks.

Why do they think bring on here is enough?

I stay polite... Where possible

over a year ago

...just not possible!

Good effort though!

No it doesn't

No it doesn't what?

If you've got time to reply to folk you aint gonna meet, then you've definately got more time than me...that's for sure!

A reply takes seconds, doesn't mean I have more free time. Every body always has to be so manic and busy "

Yeah...seconds? Times that by the 150 unsuitable messages, by folks NOT in my criteria...and I can't even check winks or friend invites as the volume crashes my phone....

Why not just see to your own profile and messages, and quit moaning about what others do with theirs!

over a year ago

...just not possible!

Good effort though!

No it doesn't

No it doesn't what?

A reply takes seconds, doesn't mean I have more free time. Every body always has to be so manic and busy

Yeah...seconds? Times that by the 150 unsuitable messages, by folks NOT in my criteria...and I can't even check winks or friend invites as the volume crashes my phone....

Why not just see to your own profile and messages, and quit moaning about what others do with theirs! "

Not moaning, just stating a fact.(you had time to reply to me

over a year ago

You've not messaged me, you're not asking me for a shag!

And being on forums is MY choice, as is my decision tae answer my mail when I feel like it!

over a year ago

"You've not messaged me, you're not asking me for a shag!

Just as well then

And being on forums is MY choice, as is my decision tae answer my mail when I feel like it! "

over a year ago

Just as well then "

Why is that?

over a year ago

Just as well then

Why is that? "

Cos if I'd messaged you asking for a Shag I wouldn't get a reply and then I'd have to do another moaning post about people not replying

over a year ago

Just as well then

Why is that?

Cos if I'd messaged you asking for a Shag I wouldn't get a reply and then I'd have to do another moaning post about people not replying "

Folk might start thinkin you're really a "single guy" wae awww the moany posts!!

over a year ago

"I'd say it makes you polite, although I do think some that don't reply, don't have the time, or depending of the nature of the message the incling. Doesn't automatically make them impolite. "

I stopped replying to all messages sent because of abuse, but also it was time consuming...especially when you're having conversations with a few guys you may be looking to meet and the 'why don't you want to meet me' or 'give me a chance' or 'you don't know what you're missing' messages keep coming back and clogging up the inbox and taking up time that could be better spent on those who I want to meet. And I'm a fat bird with a long whiny profile so god knows how much mail some of the fitties with shorter profile and far better pics get in a day to reply to!

over a year ago

If anyone messages or winks me on fab I always reply.be it a nice reply or a no thanks,I think it's polite to do so.

over a year ago

"If anyone messages or winks me on fab I always reply.be it a nice reply or a no thanks,I think it's polite to do so."

over a year ago

Just as well then

Why is that?

Cos if I'd messaged you asking for a Shag I wouldn't get a reply and then I'd have to do another moaning post about people not replying

Folk might start thinkin you're really a "single guy" wae awww the moany posts!! "

Hoping that's sarcasm there

over a year ago

So today, after telling a guy that we were ok ta and that my woman only wanted my cum on her boobs, but thanks for the concern... he followed it by a grovelling message, again declined.... this then garnered the following,

"I am prepared to pay"

my gob was severely smacked I can tell you...

Clearly, being on her makes us prostitutes...

x

over a year ago

Ah, the point of the above lol

May start ignoring/deleting and not being so polite to any 'erbert' or bloke old enough to be our child

over a year ago

"So today, after telling a guy that we were ok ta and that my woman only wanted my cum on her boobs, but thanks for the concern... he followed it by a grovelling message, again declined.... this then garnered the following,

"I am prepared to pay"

x"

Wouldn't reply to a message that's already been declined, or I would and go full out on a wind up

over a year ago

"So today, after telling a guy that we were ok ta and that my woman only wanted my cum on her boobs, but thanks for the concern... he followed it by a grovelling message, again declined.... this then garnered the following,

"I am prepared to pay"

x

Wouldn't reply to a message that's already been declined, or I would and go full out on a wind up "

good point

maybe we should haggle

over a year ago

We reply to 99% of messages, but with new members and single males filtered out that is not many messages plus at the moment the profile is offline as we just don't have the time to meet anyway, so we only get messages occasionally and they are from friends usually.

We don't often take any notice of winks or unexpected friend requests to be honest we don't even look at them

over a year ago

I have 136 winks since i last looked at them there is just no way in going through that amount of winks, looking as their profiles and replying as well as my messages on a daily basis its just not realistic

over a year ago

"I am prepared to pay"

x

Wouldn't reply to a message that's already been declined, or I would and go full out on a wind up

good point

maybe we should haggle"

Most definitely

By *tripper9Man
over a year ago

Blackburn

Hi,

At the very least it makes you polite, normal and possibly very nice!

_tripper9

over a year ago

I reply to people who have read my profile. If they haven't they get bugger all back. Winks -I'd thank people if they were what I was looking for. I consider myself polite but not a pushover, and certainly someone who doesn't want my time wasting

over a year ago

I always seem to get messages from guys, but if it's not full of filth i will reply with a polite no. but to couple and single females to do reply the best i can.

over a year ago

"Hi,

At the very least it makes you polite, normal and possibly very nice!

_tripper9

"

Thank you

Post new Message to Thread