Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Middle Age Men Who.....

Jump to newest

By *RYBBW OP   Couple
over a year ago

Leeds.

Live with their Mum.

Now we're sure that in some cases this may be true for many reasons. But of late when we ask why the male can't accommodate that reply is increasingly common.

Is this the latest ploy from married/involved men ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Or a sign that many people are struggling financially?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

defo think it's a sign on the times that people are struggling much more of late.

No payrises but the cost of living going up and up.

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Or a sign that many people are struggling financially?"

This.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Splits from their partners and he moved back with his parents so that his ex could keep the family home for the kids?

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

i think its a reflection of the financial problems we are currently presented with

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I can accommodate but don't call me middle aged as I've not had a crisis yet

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

"Splits from their partners and he moved back with his parents so that his ex could keep the family home for the kids?"

I did this.... Longest year of my life!

over a year ago

"I can accommodate but don't call me middle aged as I've not had a crisis yet "

over a year ago

Yip, its really hard for a single person to get suitable accomodation in certain areas as well!

By *astpoetMan
over a year ago

where the world takes me

When i split with my ex, and before i moved to london, i had to do this too. It's bloody excoriating but it's so expensive to live by yourself you don't have a choice

over a year ago

The same goes for younger people moving out of the family home later and later. I had to move home after uni to save up for a deposit to buy somewhere, that was a few years back now, it's even harder these days.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

All these are reasons why it irritates me when people post on here jumping to conclusions that if someone cant accommodate they must be married and cheating.

By *astpoetMan
over a year ago

where the world takes me

"All these are reasons why it irritates me when people post on here jumping to conclusions that if someone cant accommodate they must be married and cheating.

"

Even worse that they assume that because blokes don't live at home they can obviously accommodate.

You show me one single person on a normal wage in London that can afford to live by themselves.

I'm not badly paid and it still costs me a packet

over a year ago

I know lots of guys my age and older that have had to do this or house share as they cant afford to go it alone....when there is a split the women n kids seem to stay put and this is the easiest option.

None of them have an ulterior motive.

over a year ago

I currently live back at my mums!!

I moved back to Manchester after she got ill to look after her last year.

Now that she's getting better I'll hopefully be able to get back to having my own place again some time in the New Year.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 28/12/13 05:30:50]

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Live with their Mum.

Now we're sure that in some cases this may be true for many reasons. But of late when we ask why the male can't accommodate that reply is increasingly common.

Is this the latest ploy from married/involved men ?"

My ex-husband sold his four bed house to move into his mum's one bed flat to look after her when she had her leg amputated.

One of my playmates has moved his mum in as she's suffering from dementia, another friend is going through a divorce.

Whilst I don't meet men who are unable to accommodate I don't assume it's because they're married.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

We have a parent living with us now... very hard work, cuts out a lot of options for playing.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"The same goes for younger people moving out of the family home later and later. I had to move home after uni to save up for a deposit to buy somewhere, that was a few years back now, it's even harder these days."

My two youngest, 22 and 26 are still at home with no signs of leaving yet. My youngest is doing her masters her sister is an early years practitioner.

I was married at 20, pregnant by 22.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The same goes for younger people moving out of the family home later and later. I had to move home after uni to save up for a deposit to buy somewhere, that was a few years back now, it's even harder these days.

My two youngest, 22 and 26 are still at home with no signs of leaving yet. My youngest is doing her masters her sister is an early years practitioner.

I was married at 20, pregnant by 22."

Put their dig money up!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I share my home with my best friend as I'm not sure I'd be able to afford to run this place on my own...yes it's a passion killer but he often goes out and I can accommodate then....but it's rare I allow strangers into my home anyway.

over a year ago

why would anyone care who people on here live with?

divorce rates are higher than ever not everyone can afford to pay maintenance and run a house, if they are middle aged the chances are their parents with me pensioners so maybe living with them are helping both parties with the bills

over a year ago

Most men who say they can't accommodate could have something to hide like they have partner who does not know they are on a swingers site

over a year ago

"Most men who say they can't accommodate could have something to hide like they have partner who does not know they are on a swingers site "

Most?

Could?

Guess you missed all the previous posts!

over a year ago

"Most men who say they can't accommodate could have something to hide like they have partner who does not know they are on a swingers site "

so could most woman and couples, its not only men who lie on here

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To be fair to the op a lot of people have said in the past that not accommodating is one way of telling if a person is married and it is possible that its so.

We have met a lot if single men who don't accommodate for loads of different reasons.

over a year ago

As others have said, such is the financial climate that moving out of home to buy a house is not easy. I moved out of home at 26, and if it wasn't for Mum inheriting a lot of money I wouldn't be renting from her right now.

Also, as others have said, there are people who look after their parents/siblings. When Dad died, I looked after Mum for the first year as she was in a bad way emotionally.

And what about single fathers who have full or split custody of their children.

I think there are people on here who automatically think the worst of people just because.

over a year ago

Im a woman who says I cant accommodate. Does that mean I have something to hide like a partner?

OR could it mean that maybe I just dont want to invite strangers into my home untill I get to know them? Just a thought!!

over a year ago

I used to entertain a really nice guy who was unable to accommodate because he was caring for his elderly parents which meant his own free time was extremely restricted…..

He would often spend much of our meet just chatting simply because it was a such a rare opportunity for him to have any social interaction outside his home environment…

over a year ago

maybe because the schools are off for the crimbo holidays ,and kids and wife at home,so they couldnt accomodate,

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

My ex's dad is in his 50's and lives with his mum after his dad died a few years ago he went to help her out as she was struggling on her own.

I am more wary of guys that can't accom but fully understand that there are many reasons why that could be so!!

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

My experience is that there are far more couples who say they can't accommodate than single men. Also a lot of them are quite demanding about it.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I am a single woman that cant accommodate, it was easier when the kids were younger and my weekends were free, that isn't the case anymore, so I try to meet guys who can or we book a hotel.

Times are tough for a lot of people and its not fair to make a sweeping statement against guys who wold rather meet outside of their homes.

over a year ago

I'm a single guy and I can only rarely accommodate as live with my brother and also have my son over as much as I can. It's not that I am cheating or a lier. When I split from the ex I left the house as was easier. And with child support etc I couldn't afford to run a house on my own. Seems some ppl are very quick to pass judgement on others.

over a year ago

"Live with their Mum.

Now we're sure that in some cases this may be true for many reasons. But of late when we ask why the male can't accommodate that reply is increasingly common is the latest ploy from married/involved men ?"

I got divorced and now havr a flat of my own again but my daughter currently lives here. As a single guy, its often assumed that I am cheating, but no one questions the single female or couple who say that they can't accommodate due to family at home.

over a year ago

"All these are reasons why it irritates me when people post on here jumping to conclusions that if someone cant accommodate they must be married and cheating.I agree with you jez i can accom but do not always want to i also have a daughter at home so most eves are out of the question not cheating though

"

over a year ago

Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups!! I must admit im able to accommodate but I still don't get any meets lol probably too fat or too skinny or too ugly or too nice looking or too bi sexual lol

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

latest ploy

it's a pair of knickers they may want into, not the bank's vault.

over a year ago

"The same goes for younger people moving out of the family home later and later. I had to move home after uni to save up for a deposit to buy somewhere, that was a few years back now, it's even harder these days.

I was married at 20, pregnant by 22."

My mum and dad got together at 18, married by 20 and 3 kids by 26 lol

over a year ago

my 50 year old uncle lives with MY parents, only because my gran is dead.

his marriage ended and he lost his job, so living alone wasnt an option.

would rather he be there anyway as we are closer than we have ever been.

my favourite relative in my family bar none

over a year ago

"Live with their Mum.

No its the times we live in people can't afford places

over a year ago

I had to move back in with my Mum for a year , in my early 30's, after leaving the marital home. So there could be a million reasons why someone cannot accommodate !!!!

Plus like others have said, pressure on finances & a lack of supply of affordable housing makes this all even harder.

over a year ago

"Or a sign that many people are struggling financially?

This."

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No, rarely so I find, most simply cannot afford to live alone or have kids around.

Now if someone cannot meet evenings or weekends, well then I would assume they were married!

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

See people still make assumptions, I rarely meet in the week as I wake at 4.30am for work and generally am in bed around 8.30.

over a year ago

Well let me see the cost of renting or buying anything is dam high. Then if they are devoiced I be the X had the house and 3/4 of the pay. or like _rybbw said it could be just he still married and does not want this wife to find out.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Put their dig money up!"

It's not the money, I want them out! I'm thinking of retiring and my kids are still at home. Bet the minute I start going gaga they leg it!

over a year ago

Put their dig money up!

It's not the money, I want them out! I'm thinking of retiring and my kids are still at home. Bet the minute I start going gaga they leg it! "

could be a good way to get them to move out then. Might be worth a try lol

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"Live with their Mum.

I'm currently living with my Mum and Dad.

I moved back home to look after my Dad when his cancer came back.

I'm single but can't accom.

I've got a demanding career and parental care commitments which don't allow time for a full on relationship at the mo.

That's why I'm on here and not a dating site.

Sadly I think there's a lot of married/involved men and women on here who claim to be single but aren't.

Don't let the married/involved men and women spoil it for us genuine singles.

Judge each profile on it's own merits and block those who turn out to be married/attached or fake etc.

Jamie

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"My ex's dad is in his 50's and lives with his mum after his dad died a few years ago he went to help her out as she was struggling on her own.

I am more wary of guys that can't accom but fully understand that there are many reasons why that could be so!! "

I don't meet men that don't accommodate after saying to a playmate we'd have to meet at his next time as my daughter was coming home from uni and his response being he didn't have people he met of the Internet into his home: it wasn't a knocking shop!

We were in my bed at the time and had been meeting for a year. After chucking him out of my house I changed in who I let into my home. I don't care why they can't accommodate, I don't ask, I just don't meet them!

over a year ago

I know people are saying too many people jump to conclusions but its reassuring to see how many people are considering other reasons a person may be unable to accommodate.

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"I know people are saying too many people jump to conclusions but its reassuring to see how many people are considering other reasons a person may be unable to accommodate."

I agree

By *igjob01Man
over a year ago

near newtownards

I live on my own but can't accommodate for the very simple reason that although my son (who has special needs) lives with his mum he will not sleep at her house so he comes to me most nights and I have him most weekends anyway that's why day time meets suit me best. Nothing sinister here as I was married but not now just that accommodating does not fit in with my current home life.

over a year ago

I had to do it for a short while when I lost my job and finances were tight, but now I'm back on my feet and I have a new place and job. Things are still tight but I'm having much more fun now

Post new Message to Thread