Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fox's Favourites .....

Jump to newest

By *issmekate xxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

Have just given in and opened the box of Fox's Favourites ... a fantastic collection of favourite biscuits ... according to the blurb !!!

Which are your favourite biscuits and why ???

Chocolate digestives ... cus they were a special treat when I was younger.

Jacobs fig rolls .... ate loads when I was pregnant.

Bourbons ... long and chocolaty with a nice bit of cream in the middle.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

fox's golden crunch creams

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Is there an Obi biscuit in there?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I like to have the pink wafer from a selection box.

My favourite biscuit now is Waitrose Cherry and Almond and they never bloody have any.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Is there an Obi biscuit in there? "

I thought this thread was going to be that too.

over a year ago

Custard creams perfect for dunking

over a year ago

i had a 2 boxes over xmas and boxing day. lovely

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/12/13 15:50:11]

over a year ago

"Custard creams perfect for dunking

My favorites also x "

over a year ago

"Is there an Obi biscuit in there?

I thought this thread was going to be that too. "

over a year ago

"fox's golden crunch creams"

those are mine.. i see the Amber biscuits but put off buying them lol

over a year ago

My favourite biscuit is a cake

Jaffa cake

By *rencherMan
over a year ago

Derby

Chocolate chip cookies

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Custard creams - gimme gimme gimme

over a year ago

"My favourite biscuit is a cake

Jaffa cake"

Jaffa cakes are cakes - fact!!

"Jaffa Cakes, cake, biscuit or something else? Why should Jaffa Cakes be named as they are? Well Jaffa comes from Jaffa Oranges, which are named after the Israeli city of Jaffa. But then why should they be called Jaffa Cakes when they look so much like biscuits? In fact whether Jaffa Cakes are cakes, biscuits or something else has been the subject of much controversy in the United Kingdom.

Under UK law no value added tax (VAT) is placed on biscuits or cakes. But critical to the controversial issue of Jaffa Cakes’ name, when a biscuit is covered in chocolate it becomes subject to the standard VAT rate of 17.5%. Mcvities, the market leaders for Jaffa Cakes classed them as cakes, not biscuits, but this classification was challenged by Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise in 1991.

In the end the case ended up in the courts and the court were forced to answer the question of when something should be classed as a cake and when it should be classed as a biscuit. Answering this general question would then lead easily into a decision related to ‘Jaffa Cake, cake or biscuit?’

So what happened? Is a Jaffa Cake a cake? Happily for us Jaffa Cake lovers who would not relish the prospect of having to pay another 17.5% for our Jaffa Cakes, the court ruled in favour of Mcvities. One of the critical aspects of the argument was related to what happens when biscuits or cakes go stale. The court found, as anyone who has forgotten to put the lid on their biscuit tin properly will know, that when biscuits go stale they go softer. But when cakes go stale they go harder. The test was done, and when Jaffa cakes are left exposed to the air they get harder. So Jaffa cakes are definitely cakes and not biscuits. We recommend that you do the test to see for yourself, because unlike disgusting soggy biscuits, when Jaffa cakes go stale the new harder type of Jaffa cake you get is actually still delicious."

*courtesy of McVities!!

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"My favourite biscuit is a cake

Jaffa cake

Jaffa cakes are cakes - fact!!

"Jaffa Cakes, cake, biscuit or something else? Why should Jaffa Cakes be named as they are? Well Jaffa comes from Jaffa Oranges, which are named after the Israeli city of Jaffa. But then why should they be called Jaffa Cakes when they look so much like biscuits? In fact whether Jaffa Cakes are cakes, biscuits or something else has been the subject of much controversy in the United Kingdom.

Under UK law no value added tax (VAT) is placed on biscuits or cakes. But critical to the controversial issue of Jaffa Cakes’ name, when a biscuit is covered in chocolate it becomes subject to the standard VAT rate of 17.5%. Mcvities, the market leaders for Jaffa Cakes classed them as cakes, not biscuits, but this classification was challenged by Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise in 1991.

In the end the case ended up in the courts and the court were forced to answer the question of when something should be classed as a cake and when it should be classed as a biscuit. Answering this general question would then lead easily into a decision related to ‘Jaffa Cake, cake or biscuit?’

So what happened? Is a Jaffa Cake a cake? Happily for us Jaffa Cake lovers who would not relish the prospect of having to pay another 17.5% for our Jaffa Cakes, the court ruled in favour of Mcvities. One of the critical aspects of the argument was related to what happens when biscuits or cakes go stale. The court found, as anyone who has forgotten to put the lid on their biscuit tin properly will know, that when biscuits go stale they go softer. But when cakes go stale they go harder. The test was done, and when Jaffa cakes are left exposed to the air they get harder. So Jaffa cakes are definitely cakes and not biscuits. We recommend that you do the test to see for yourself, because unlike disgusting soggy biscuits, when Jaffa cakes go stale the new harder type of Jaffa cake you get is actually still delicious."

*courtesy of McVities!! "

How anyone could think Jaffa cake is a biscuit when it's got bloody sponge on the bottom half baffles me !

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

How anyone could think Jaffa cake is a biscuit when it's got bloody sponge on the bottom half baffles me ! "

It's because shops will put it in the biscuit aisle and not the cake aisle. Waitrose has the cake aisle four aisles away from the biscuits so this can get confusing.

VAT is now more too.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Fox's chunky cookies

over a year ago

"Fox's chunky cookies "

Oi - who said you could munch my cookies?!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Fox's chunky cookies

Oi - who said you could munch my cookies?! "

They were in my hands. Possession and all that mumbo jumbo

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Fox's chunky cookies

Oi - who said you could munch my cookies?! "

He normally has you in the boot of his car, doesn't he?

over a year ago

Chocolate hobnob's mmmmmmmm!!

over a year ago

"Fox's chunky cookies

Oi - who said you could munch my cookies?!

He normally has you in the boot of his car, doesn't he?

"

No, it's the cupboard in the kitchen guarded by his TV dog who eats cookies in the shape of Ryans knob

Post new Message to Thread