Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Doormen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any women on here ever pull doormen when they are out as I work on doors and would like to know if you like the thought of trying to pull a doormen or whether it's because some of us are easier on the eyes than the other ones. Feel Free to start any doormen related stories x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Larry Grayson didn't like open doors

*courtesy of the useless information department*

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's a rather dishy ex doorman on here... Face pics exchanged through the dare to show your face threads... Bingo... He's turfed me out by my ear in the past

over a year ago

"Any women on here ever pull doormen when they are out as I work on doors and would like to know if you like the thought of trying to pull a doormen or whether it's because some of us are easier on the eyes than the other ones. Feel Free to start any doormen related stories x"

Some doorman come across as a little arrogant! I know they have to put up with a lot ie d*unken fools, but still no excuse for rudeness when your clearly stone cold sober.

over a year ago

I've cleaned a few windows in my time

over a year ago

Wouldn't mind turfing you out myself Mrs focker

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Back in the mid 70s, there was a disco in Glasgow on the top two floors of a building. Access was by lift or by stairs. A doorman would be the lift operator.

A tradition grew up that a group of girls in the lift could secure free entry by one, or more, of them sucking the doorman off in the lift. If it was taking a bit long the lift could be stopped between floors.

Once you'd had your turn it was deemed polite to swap tasks with a colleague.

The other fun bit of the night was the mad rush to get people's coats back to them so they could leave. Too many staff members in too small a space led to many 'accidental' brushings up against each other - often instigated by the cloakroom girls themselves.

over a year ago

"Back in the mid 70s, there was a disco in Glasgow on the top two floors of a building. Access was by lift or by stairs. A doorman would be the lift operator.

A tradition grew up that a group of girls in the lift could secure free entry by one, or more, of them sucking the doorman off in the lift. If it was taking a bit long the lift could be stopped between floors.

Once you'd had your turn it was deemed polite to swap tasks with a colleague.

The other fun bit of the night was the mad rush to get people's coats back to them so they could leave. Too many staff members in too small a space led to many 'accidental' brushings up against each other - often instigated by the cloakroom girls themselves.

"

was what clattys

over a year ago

"Wouldn't mind turfing you out myself Mrs focker "

Ha I wield a mean stiletto

I'm joking of course I am sweetness personified, when I'm out and about

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"................

was what clattys "

I was never in Clatty Pats but I don't think it had a lift. 2 or 3 floors at most.

over a year ago

"Any women on here ever pull doormen when they are out as I work on doors and would like to know if you like the thought of trying to pull a doormen or whether it's because some of us are easier on the eyes than the other ones. Feel Free to start any doormen related stories x

Some doorman come across as a little arrogant! "

Some? Everyone I have ever met is arrogant. Even know a few and they even act like that behind the scenes and ok they have a daunting job, but to me most of the time they handle things wrong and there isn't an excuse for rudeness or arrogance.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I've cleaned a few windows in my time"

I have a sturdy set of ladders for sale

over a year ago

I've heard of that club, - wasn't it called 'breathcums' ?

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

My OH is a doorman - and no I didn't pull him when he was working, and nor would I try.

Any doorman worth his salt will flirt and have some banter - but his eye will be on the job not some piece of skirt! (And as an ex bar manager, I've seen the good, the bad and the bloody appalling when it comes to doormen!)

Besides, having worked with them, I hear how they talk about the ladies they do pull on the doors, and trust me, its very rarely a long term relationship that comes from it.

And as for arrogance - maybe a few, but for the majority its confidence. They can't do the job they do, and be shy wee wallflowers.

But for what its worth, the OH still has it - I love seeing him suited and booted and trust me - his name is always on my list, and he always gets in hehehehe

over a year ago

Although, my OH bears a nasty scar... On his chin... Courtesy of bouncers he was throw down some stairs, when he was a young lad out in town with his mates.... Blind d*unk?? Ha nope hypo.. He's a diabetic

over a year ago

"Although, my OH bears a nasty scar... On his chin... Courtesy of bouncers he was throw down some stairs, when he was a young lad out in town with his mates.... Blind d*unk?? Ha nope hypo.. He's a diabetic "

It is possible to be a diabetic and still drink. But I don't know if he drinks or not. Either way though. It still proves what I say about bouncers is true.

over a year ago

"Although, my OH bears a nasty scar... On his chin... Courtesy of bouncers he was throw down some stairs, when he was a young lad out in town with his mates.... Blind d*unk?? Ha nope hypo.. He's a diabetic

It is possible to be a diabetic and still drink. But I don't know if he drinks or not. Either way though. It still proves what I say about bouncers is true. "

It's possible to go out with your mates, drink, soft drinks go hypo and appear d*unk... Unfortunately people assume

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

"Although, my OH bears a nasty scar... On his chin... Courtesy of bouncers he was throw down some stairs, when he was a young lad out in town with his mates.... Blind d*unk?? Ha nope hypo.. He's a diabetic "

Thats a real shame.

But how about all the nights that they keep the pubs/clubs going well, and keep the real riff raff out to let the rest of us enjoy a night out? Or get in to stop fights so it doesn't drag in people who don't need to be involved?

Its always branding all of them as thugs and bad people, never appreciating that they stop crimes, thefts and keep the majority of our nights out incident free and safe. The good ones will also do a good job at keeping an eye on ladies and ensuring that d*unken guys don't push it too far.

Also, I've had a doorman help me in the middle of a bad asthma attack - he helped me get out of the busy bar, stayed with me, calmed me down, helped try to regulate my breathing, and stayed with me til an ambulance came.

But I guess its only the bad stories that stick in peoples heads, and when they do it right, they not even appreciated!

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Anyone complained to the police about a bouncer? The police and bouncers are far too close in my view.

over a year ago

"Although, my OH bears a nasty scar... On his chin... Courtesy of bouncers he was throw down some stairs, when he was a young lad out in town with his mates.... Blind d*unk?? Ha nope hypo.. He's a diabetic

It is possible to be a diabetic and still drink. But I don't know if he drinks or not. Either way though. It still proves what I say about bouncers is true.

It's possible to go out with your mates, drink, soft drinks go hypo and appear d*unk... Unfortunately people assume "

I meant I know diabetics that drink alcohol . I know what you mean though as a few years ago. I got accused of being a perv and it was about to get nasty. Just because I refused to leave the bar at a club as a "thief" took my phone and I refused to move until I could see them.

over a year ago

Thats a real shame.

But how about all the nights that they keep the pubs/clubs going well, and keep the real riff raff out to let the rest of us enjoy a night out? Or get in to stop fights so it doesn't drag in people who don't need to be involved?

Its always branding all of them as thugs and bad people, never appreciating that they stop crimes, thefts and keep the majority of our nights out incident free and safe. The good ones will also do a good job at keeping an eye on ladies and ensuring that d*unken guys don't push it too far.

Also, I've had a doorman help me in the middle of a bad asthma attack - he helped me get out of the busy bar, stayed with me, calmed me down, helped try to regulate my breathing, and stayed with me til an ambulance came.

But I guess its only the bad stories that stick in peoples heads, and when they do it right, they not even appreciated!"

Like I said some not all... Although even after the experience relating to my OH...unfortunately most get tarred with same brush we have also know a couple of nice ones usually from the old school

over a year ago

"Anyone complained to the police about a bouncer? The police and bouncers are far too close in my view."

I agree with that.

over a year ago

reading this post is making my blood boil.

As a former doorman, and yes, i mean doorman not a shite door supervisor, jacket filler or what ever they think they are nowadays i have to comment.

Doormen are too close to police, funny as most of the court cases i have been to have been the police against some useless over enthusiastic jacket filler who hasnt listened to the training and advice from more experienced doormen.

Yes there are mistakes made, but real doormen will take someone outside away from the noise and abusive surroundings and talk to someone about if they are d*unk/on medication/have a disability. I have taken many people aside, had a chat, walked them back in to the bar and bought a drink out of my pocket to make up for any embarressment i have caused in asking them to leave their friends.

the idea of a doorman is to ensure you all have a good night, its a sad fact that the jacket fillers are just there for the women/fights/abuse etc.

Next time you think about slating them.....imagine a night without them being there.

Ask yourself this too....how much would you want paid to risk being stabbed/shot. I have faced more than one knife and had the misfortune to come accross a gun one night pointed at me. How many of you would do it?

over a year ago

Ive run a few Pubs and Bars and ive found most of the Doorstaff that i have Employed to be Polite and Courteous,They are there to spot potential trouble and nip it in the bud before it escalates.

What a lot of people forget is is it the Licence holders responsibility to ensure that staff do not serve d*unks and the Doorstaff have to sort the resulting Crap out Night after Night.

Gary

over a year ago

....& this little piggy went to market.............

over a year ago

"....& this little piggy went to market............. "

over a year ago

To clear my post up I never take my eyes of trouble to chat women up I do this at the end of shift when I finish and in my experience All the old school doormen think young lads can't do the job and that every doorman now are shirt fillers they say this and try to push their lucks in the bar but still get chucked out alongside everyone else. It's only fair they had their time now it's ours

over a year ago

The main problem people find with them is they can't read situations accurately. Not that they flirt, etc. I mean when 2 people fight they throw them out. What does that do, fighting on the street and probably cause a lot more havoc. Just on the street though. Innocent victims get treated just the same as the culprit. This is what a lot of people I know have witnessed and that's why they hate them. Also some are selective on what situations need handling and what doesn't. Flirting and having banter is fun and everyone should do it. No one should hate others for that alone.

over a year ago

chat them up at the end of your shift... i do hope you mean after you have cleared the premises, checked all dark corners, looked for left phones, checked all toilets and locked up for the owners to ensure the staff safety while they clear up the mess left by the customers....I aint seen many girls hang around that long.

yes there are a few of the new doormen coming through who aint jacket fillers, but they are so few and far between them its rare to find them. I have known 2 in the last 3 years, one is an ex farm hand, the other was doing history at university and using the cash to help pay for books.... best bit of it all is, the one doing history was half the size of even some of the women, yet had the right attitude to get respect which meant he got the job done.

over a year ago

Outside and At other bars when I have finished and we kick both culprits out but at seperate exits. I know some doormen can't read fights but I myself can so I can happily know that

over a year ago

"The main problem people find with them is they can't read situations accurately. Not that they flirt, etc. I mean when 2 people fight they throw them out. What does that do, fighting on the street and probably cause a lot more havoc. Just on the street though. Innocent victims get treated just the same as the culprit. This is what a lot of people I know have witnessed and that's why they hate them. Also some are selective on what situations need handling and what doesn't. Flirting and having banter is fun and everyone should do it. No one should hate others for that alone. "

As for fighting on the Street the Doorstaff are employed to protect the premises and the licence holders interest, They arnt policemen or UN Peacekeepers, it is much safer for everyone if those fighting do it in the open air rather than the Confined environment of a Pub

over a year ago

"The main problem people find with them is they can't read situations accurately. Not that they flirt, etc. I mean when 2 people fight they throw them out. What does that do, fighting on the street and probably cause a lot more havoc. Just on the street though. Innocent victims get treated just the same as the culprit. This is what a lot of people I know have witnessed and that's why they hate them. Also some are selective on what situations need handling and what doesn't. Flirting and having banter is fun and everyone should do it. No one should hate others for that alone.

As for fighting on the Street the Doorstaff are employed to protect the premises and the licence holders interest, They arnt policemen or UN Peacekeepers, it is much safer for everyone if those fighting do it in the open air rather than the Confined environment of a Pub"

So its the employers fault that they can't do what security at shops do. They detain them in a room. Find out what exactly happened and then proceed from there and if the police is needed so be it. On the street anyone and everyone can see, some will get involved and all those passing will know where they have just come from. So how is that protecting the premises/business as seeing people fighting outside the same place all the time ruins the places reputation. Be better if they took them to a small room and find out what's happened as why should both people suffer when one could be the victim?

over a year ago

"The main problem people find with them is they can't read situations accurately. Not that they flirt, etc. I mean when 2 people fight they throw them out. What does that do, fighting on the street and probably cause a lot more havoc. Just on the street though. Innocent victims get treated just the same as the culprit. This is what a lot of people I know have witnessed and that's why they hate them. Also some are selective on what situations need handling and what doesn't. Flirting and having banter is fun and everyone should do it. No one should hate others for that alone.

As for fighting on the Street the Doorstaff are employed to protect the premises and the licence holders interest, They arnt policemen or UN Peacekeepers, it is much safer for everyone if those fighting do it in the open air rather than the Confined environment of a Pub

So its the employers fault that they can't do what security at shops do. They detain them in a room. Find out what exactly happened and then proceed from there and if the police is needed so be it. On the street anyone and everyone can see, some will get involved and all those passing will know where they have just come from. So how is that protecting the premises/business as seeing people fighting outside the same place all the time ruins the places reputation. Be better if they took them to a small room and find out what's happened as why should both people suffer when one could be the victim?"

Lovely idea! I woulda loved a room to shut the arseholes in for fighting etc.... Please tell me, how do you get 7 d*unk rugby players in a room, sat down, being civil waiting for the police to come and arrest them? Personally, out in the street, infront of CCTV cameras with the riot van coming flat out after you radioed in a request is far easier.

over a year ago

So its the employers fault that they can't do what security at shops do. They detain them in a room. Find out what exactly happened and then proceed from there and if the police is needed so be it. On the street anyone and everyone can see, some will get involved and all those passing will know where they have just come from. So how is that protecting the premises/business as seeing people fighting outside the same place all the time ruins the places reputation. Be better if they took them to a small room and find out what's happened as why should both people suffer when one could be the victim?

Lovely idea! I woulda loved a room to shut the arseholes in for fighting etc.... Please tell me, how do you get 7 d*unk rugby players in a room, sat down, being civil waiting for the police to come and arrest them? Personally, out in the street, infront of CCTV cameras with the riot van coming flat out after you radioed in a request is far easier."

How do shops manage it? Secondly how would you throw 7 rugby players out as surely it takes the same amount of effort to just put them in a room .

over a year ago

So its the employers fault that they can't do what security at shops do. They detain them in a room. Find out what exactly happened and then proceed from there and if the police is needed so be it. On the street anyone and everyone can see, some will get involved and all those passing will know where they have just come from. So how is that protecting the premises/business as seeing people fighting outside the same place all the time ruins the places reputation. Be better if they took them to a small room and find out what's happened as why should both people suffer when one could be the victim?"

The Simple fact is a Pub or bar isnt Social Services or the Samaritans..and a member of the public is quite within their rights in refusing to accompany any security person except off of the Premises unless it is a Citizens arrest

over a year ago

Lovely idea! I woulda loved a room to shut the arseholes in for fighting etc.... Please tell me, how do you get 7 d*unk rugby players in a room, sat down, being civil waiting for the police to come and arrest them? Personally, out in the street, infront of CCTV cameras with the riot van coming flat out after you radioed in a request is far easier.

How do shops manage it? Secondly how would you throw 7 rugby players out as surely it takes the same amount of effort to just put them in a room . "

You are jesting Surely ? Put 7 Fighters into a small room is like giving a Monkey a Machine Gun

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

How do shops manage it? Secondly how would you throw 7 rugby players out as surely it takes the same amount of effort to just put them in a room . "

How do shops manage it? They don't. Shops usually deal with shop lifters - who usually work alone. When was the last time you saw 7 big d*unken lads kick off in your local tescos/supermarket/retail centre?

And why should a pub/club have to constantly have to repair a room for the utter fuckwits who want to scrap and spoil everyones nights out - you want to pay double the price for a drink so they can keep a room safe for that, and repair it when people get aggressive in there?

over a year ago

shops - its daytime, they are generally sober, not in a big group, not fighting, and are normally shop lifting etc.

Bars - been drinking, generally egging each other on, other d*unks around, things can easily get out of hand and a fight ensues....

If you think you can get a group fighting in to a small room and get them to sit calmly.... please come along to the next training session run up here so i can see how you do it.

Throw out multiple people, easy, take the main trouble makers, rest will follow. Does rely on having a decent other doorman with you who aint afraid. In clubs you have a team, can easily deal with a small group, bigger groups too if you all know each other and work together.

Please let me know when you formulate the plan for the new way of working with a small room and them sitting down civil, I will gladly come with you round the country training all the door staff in the new method. It would save us many injuries.

over a year ago

"shops - its daytime, they are generally sober, not in a big group, not fighting, and are normally shop lifting etc.

Bars - been drinking, generally egging each other on, other d*unks around, things can easily get out of hand and a fight ensues....

If you think you can get a group fighting in to a small room and get them to sit calmly.... please come along to the next training session run up here so i can see how you do it.

Throw out multiple people, easy, take the main trouble makers, rest will follow. Does rely on having a decent other doorman with you who aint afraid. In clubs you have a team, can easily deal with a small group, bigger groups too if you all know each other and work together.

Please let me know when you formulate the plan for the new way of working with a small room and them sitting down civil, I will gladly come with you round the country training all the door staff in the new method. It would save us many injuries."

I was just stating that I have seen the victim being kicked out of a place. Just because the culprit just won't leave things alone and that the culprit starts it all. Surely something can/must be done to stop this happening.

over a year ago

please, suggestions forward.

my suggestion is this, come spend a night on a club door, a busy club door, work all the areas of the club over the course of the night. Then come back and make any suggestion you like.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

"

I was just stating that I have seen the victim being kicked out of a place. Just because the culprit just won't leave things alone and that the culprit starts it all. Surely something can/must be done to stop this happening. "

Honestly, having worked in pubs/clubs/bars for many years, i have seen a minuscule number of fights where one party was completely innocent (and I am talking probably less than 1% of all the incidents I've seen, working and socialising) It really does take 2 to tango most times. Its not up to door staff or the pub to sort out arguments and work out who is to blame - anyone fighting has no place in a decent establishment IMHO.

over a year ago

"The British police are the best in the world,

I don't believe one of these stories I've heard,

......whoopz, wrong thread - but kindv uncanny!

By *aisy100Woman
over a year ago

wakefield

Ive pulled a few doormen in my time

I think on the whole most doormen are friendly and do their job well but as with any proffesion there will always be ignorant/arrogant and untrained people.

over a year ago

"

I was just stating that I have seen the victim being kicked out of a place. Just because the culprit just won't leave things alone and that the culprit starts it all. Surely something can/must be done to stop this happening.

Honestly, having worked in pubs/clubs/bars for many years, i have seen a minuscule number of fights where one party was completely innocent (and I am talking probably less than 1% of all the incidents I've seen, working and socialising) It really does take 2 to tango most times. Its not up to door staff or the pub to sort out arguments and work out who is to blame - anyone fighting has no place in a decent establishment IMHO."

Here's one example that actually happened. A bloke and his mates went into a club and all got drinks and its quiet busy. One of the blokes sees a few blokes he knows so says hello to them another guy who is with them creeps up behind them, grabs the back of their jacket and puts it over his head so he can't see and as his hands were full he couldn't put his jacket back the way it was. So whilst the jacket was there the people who he said hello to started spinning him around for a minute or too. When they stopped, he gave the drinks to his mates. Swore at them and started to walk off. The doorman warned the bloke about his swearing and if he carried on behaving like that he would be kicked out. That bloke didn't do anything wrong. So him and all his mates finished their drinks in one and left.

Victim getting blamed again. I have mentioned another situation above to. When there's a fight or situation there is always a victim and half the time not everyone is to blame.

Doormen can stop a situation before it gets out of control whilst on the premises and quickly I agree, but sometimes its at the expense of someone whose done nothing wrong. Maybe they think, "better safe than sorry" and get rid of everyone involved.

over a year ago

"

Honestly, having worked in pubs/clubs/bars for many years, i have seen a minuscule number of fights where one party was completely innocent (and I am talking probably less than 1% of all the incidents I've seen, working and socialising) It really does take 2 to tango most times. Its not up to door staff or the pub to sort out arguments and work out who is to blame - anyone fighting has no place in a decent establishment IMHO.

Here's one example that actually happened. A bloke and his mates went into a club and all got drinks and its quiet busy. One of the blokes sees a few blokes he knows so says hello to them another guy who is with them creeps up behind them, grabs the back of their jacket and puts it over his head so he can't see and as his hands were full he couldn't put his jacket back the way it was. So whilst the jacket was there the people who he said hello to started spinning him around for a minute or too. When they stopped, he gave the drinks to his mates. Swore at them and started to walk off. The doorman warned the bloke about his swearing and if he carried on behaving like that he would be kicked out. That bloke didn't do anything wrong. So him and all his mates finished their drinks in one and left.

Victim getting blamed again. I have mentioned another situation above to. When there's a fight or situation there is always a victim and half the time not everyone is to blame.

Doormen can stop a situation before it gets out of control whilst on the premises and quickly I agree, but sometimes its at the expense of someone whose done nothing wrong. Maybe they think, "better safe than sorry" and get rid of everyone involved. "

Please tell me, in that situation, if you were the doorman, what would you have done???

over a year ago

The last man I vanilla dated is a doorman, arrogant, thought he was gods gift and with a huge chip on his shoulder but a small dick.

So nah, not for me

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

"The last man I vanilla dated is a doorman, arrogant, thought he was gods gift and with a huge chip on his shoulder but a small dick.

So nah, not for me "

Yup, because they are all clones. Nowt like tarring everyone with one sweeping generalisation brush

over a year ago

"

Doormen can stop a situation before it gets out of control whilst on the premises and quickly I agree, but sometimes its at the expense of someone whose done nothing wrong. Maybe they think, "better safe than sorry" and get rid of everyone involved.

Please tell me, in that situation, if you were the doorman, what would you have done???"

Firstly he saw everything so you tell me if this suggestion is wrong. He saw both sets of people arriving at different times, by a while and we were both with different groups. So obviously they weren't with each other. Either way. He should have just looked at this guys face, realised he was unhappy with the situation and obviously weren't with them. Then instead of having a go at one person who literally just went to the bar, got drinks and turned around. He should have had words with the people who actually spun the person around or maybe he thought. Sorting out 3 troublemakers is harder than dealing with a really short guy who looked like and was the victim. If in doubt. Either leave well alone or give everyone a warning. Not the victim who arguably brought in a lot of money to the place that night.

over a year ago

Lovely suggestion.... please come along to a local club, i can have you stand with a doorman and make suggestions like that all night.

I would love to have a night where we dont have to throw people out, get in to fights and risk damage to ourselves.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

Crazed, he will also have seen that this guy walked across willingly to the other group.

Its not like the picked on some stranger at the bar - it was obvious they knew each other, or why would the little guy have approached?

And to me, yeah they had a bit of fun - maybe taking it a bit far, but the wee guy shouting his mouth of and swearing was more likely to cause a disruption to other guests at the establishment.

And also, from experience - build means nothing. One of the worst fights I've ever seen was kicked off by a wee guy mouthing off, and then getting pretty aggressive and fighting. Never judge a book by its cover goes both ways.

If you come up with some magic solution so doormen always get it right, patent it and sell it worldwide - you'll be a multi millionaire, because at the end of the day, they do their best, but are human.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

Oh and as for the money brought in - frankly not a marker of who should stay or not - in fact - more money spent often equates to the ruder customers who feel they have a sense of entitlement to being there, and treat staff like crap.

Also, more money spent = more drink imbibed, which may well cloud judgement.

over a year ago

Rich arseholes spending like money is going out of fashion are nearly always the ones who feel they have a right to be abusive as they have spent so much.... but for 2 or 3 of them in a night, you will make far more off the other 1000 people buying a few drinks and having a good time.

over a year ago

"Crazed, he will also have seen that this guy walked across willingly to the other group.

Its not like the picked on some stranger at the bar - it was obvious they knew each other, or why would the little guy have approached?

And to me, yeah they had a bit of fun - maybe taking it a bit far, but the wee guy shouting his mouth of and swearing was more likely to cause a disruption to other guests at the establishment.

And also, from experience - build means nothing. One of the worst fights I've ever seen was kicked off by a wee guy mouthing off, and then getting pretty aggressive and fighting. Never judge a book by its cover goes both ways.

If you come up with some magic solution so doormen always get it right, patent it and sell it worldwide - you'll be a multi millionaire, because at the end of the day, they do their best, but are human."

Approach everyone who the doorman saw causing trouble, not just one who looked like he was having a hard time. Secondly it was said once, quiet ish to the culprits face. Not out aloud for everyone to hear.

If you see one short bloke getting pushing and shuved around the room by 3 big blokes. Common sense the short one can't cope and he's the victim. Otherwise he would have got out of it himself? Also no shouting was done, lots of laughter on the culprits part and silent everywhere else. One muttered swear word by the victim and that was it.

I know its a hard job. There's no disputing that, but all they have to do is listen at some point and everyone will be happy. I know nearly all of them are wronguns in my area at least as I have seen a lot of this in the same places. When we go to the usual places. The doormen are fine, polite and can handle things easily enough. So it shows that some select what situations to handle and how to handle it.

By *aisy100Woman
over a year ago

wakefield

Well I hope you did the right thing and deffended him to the doorman

over a year ago

"Crazed, he will also have seen that this guy walked across willingly to the other group.

If you come up with some magic solution so doormen always get it right, patent it and sell it worldwide - you'll be a multi millionaire, because at the end of the day, they do their best, but are human.

Approach everyone who the doorman saw causing trouble, not just one who looked like he was having a hard time. Secondly it was said once, quiet ish to the culprits face. Not out aloud for everyone to hear.

If you see one short bloke getting pushing and shuved around the room by 3 big blokes. Common sense the short one can't cope and he's the victim. Otherwise he would have got out of it himself? Also no shouting was done, lots of laughter on the culprits part and silent everywhere else. One muttered swear word by the victim and that was it.

I know its a hard job. There's no disputing that, but all they have to do is listen at some point and everyone will be happy. I know nearly all of them are wronguns in my area at least as I have seen a lot of this in the same places. When we go to the usual places. The doormen are fine, polite and can handle things easily enough. So it shows that some select what situations to handle and how to handle it. "

sounds like you just told us all the problem....select doormen know how to handle it, once again pointing out that there are good and bad in the job... sadly there are too many bad and so few that really understand the job and know how to do it.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

Can't have been very muttered before the doorman picked up on it. But without being there, there isn't really any comment I can make. You are obviously looking for the comment that the doorman was in the wrong - well to me he wasn't - he dealt with it as he saw fit. As a bar manager, I always took me doormans view point - he was there first hand, they had my back, and I had theirs.

As for common sense about the wee guy not being able to cope - have you seen some of the MMA fighters? Many of them not big blokes as they lose speed and agility with size, so its about not judging a book by its cover.

My advice - go to a place where you respect the doormen - it goes both ways, and as for being "wrong 'uns" i hope your wee glass house is fine as throwing stones, you get back what you put out.

over a year ago

"Can't have been very muttered before the doorman picked up on it. But without being there, there isn't really any comment I can make. You are obviously looking for the comment that the doorman was in the wrong - well to me he wasn't - he dealt with it as he saw fit. As a bar manager, I always took me doormans view point - he was there first hand, they had my back, and I had theirs.

As for common sense about the wee guy not being able to cope - have you seen some of the MMA fighters? Many of them not big blokes as they lose speed and agility with size, so its about not judging a book by its cover.

My advice - go to a place where you respect the doormen - it goes both ways, and as for being "wrong 'uns" i hope your wee glass house is fine as throwing stones, you get back what you put out."

Why couldn't the doorman/bar staff tell everyone off then? Secondly it was about a yard away from him so he would have to been deaf not to hear it.

If you understand the situation fully and you think he was in the wrong and no one else then there's no wonder why all doormen get tarred with the same brush. Even though their is a minority out there who do there jobs properly. I said some are wronguns and most in my area are wronguns. I didn't say all were. I was stating why they get tarred with the same brush. That's what many people have done and since then that firm has more staff than customers.

over a year ago

"Well I hope you did the right thing and deffended him to the doorman"

I tried and failed. There were about 15 of us. We planned to stay there for a few hours and then move on, but stayed a few minutes and left. So they lost a lot of money that night. I don't think just because people have a lot of money it excuses bad behaviour, etc. but all this person did was go to the bar, get drinks, turned around, said hello and it all started. Rest of the people were standing/sitting in the corner just chatting.

By *ancNickMan
over a year ago

Stockport

My mates run a number of the Manchester door firms and they are always with different girls and all the girls say is it's because they are usually gangster type an rough plus they get in the venue for free

over a year ago

A doormans code is prevention rather than intervention any good bouncer should and will know this im about to take a close protection licencse exam !!

And as for these ones fighting theyres no excuse they shouldnt be fighting they should be restrained alot think theyve got a badge they can do what they like urmm very wrong indeed

Post new Message to Thread