Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How true is this?

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm watching High Society and Tracey Lord's philandering father has just said that the thing that wives don't understand is that their philandering has nothing to do with the wife but is about wanting to retain youth.

Does this ring true to you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think anyone attempting to hold onto youth for to long is chasing a fools errand which rarely leads to anything other than the demise of our self worth and the respect of those around us,,,

over a year ago

"I think anyone attempting to hold onto youth for to long is chasing a fools errand which rarely leads to anything other than the demise of our self worth and the respect of those around us,,, "

What about having a youthful outlook on life?

over a year ago

..i believe in growing old gracefully. Whatever happens, happens. I don't even know what on earth is philandering lol

And that's my wise words for today.

...five pounds please?

over a year ago

"I think anyone attempting to hold onto youth for to long is chasing a fools errand which rarely leads to anything other than the demise of our self worth and the respect of those around us,,,

"

I think an enthusiastic outlook on life is more important....

over a year ago

I think it's because it's nice to feel the touch of someone else, to be intimate with different people ... It's exciting to get naked with a someone for the first time.

over a year ago

"..i believe in growing old gracefully. Whatever happens, happens. I don't even know what on earth is philandering lol

...five pounds please?

"

When you have lived your years this much again, tell us if you still feel you should grow old gracefully or disgracefully.

In many ways I am younger now than I was when I was your age but I do try and remind myself that I am no longer 24.

over a year ago

"I think it's because it's nice to feel the touch of someone else, to be intimate with different people ... It's exciting to get naked with a someone for the first time.

"

Excitement and recklessness can live next door to each other.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/12/13 14:12:26]

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

I intend to grow old in a mixture of disgrace and decorum. I do think there's an element of wanting to hang on to one's youth though for me that period of my life was pretty dull. I have been fortunate enough to have had an opportunity to change my lifestyle completely and am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to explore and experiment in ways that I would never have dreamed possible in my youth.

over a year ago

"I think it's because it's nice to feel the touch of someone else, to be intimate with different people ... It's exciting to get naked with a someone for the first time.

Excitement and recklessness can live next door to each other.

"

If it was socially acceptable for men and women to be philanderers it wouldn't be reckless

over a year ago

"..i believe in growing old gracefully. Whatever happens, happens. I don't even know what on earth is philandering lol

...five pounds please?

When you have lived your years this much again, tell us if you still feel you should grow old gracefully or disgracefully.

In many ways I am younger now than I was when I was your age but I do try and remind myself that I am no longer 24."

I'm 24. But i feel as though i've lived the years. Everyone tells me i act too old for my age. And that i should do what the young ones do.

I'm young. But, i don't know what they do.

over a year ago

"I intend to grow old in a mixture of disgrace and decorum. I do think there's an element of wanting to hang on to one's youth though for me that period of my life was pretty dull. I have been fortunate enough to have had an opportunity to change my lifestyle completely and am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to explore and experiment in ways that I would never have dreamed possible in my youth. "

That saves me writing MY thoughts on the subject.

over a year ago

...five pounds please?

In many ways I am younger now than I was when I was your age but I do try and remind myself that I am no longer 24.

I'm 24. But i feel as though i've lived the years. Everyone tells me i act too old for my age. And that i should do what the young ones do.

I'm young. But, i don't know what they do.

"

Get D*unk Steal cars and knock policemens Helmets off

The Cheque is in the Post

Gary

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm watching High Society and Tracey Lord's philandering father has just said that the thing that wives don't understand is that their philandering has nothing to do with the wife but is about wanting to retain youth.

"

It doesn't ring true to me in fact it sounds like justification of bad behaviour and an excuse to blame it on women who "don't understand".

over a year ago

i was never interested in sex when i was young.

too busy with cars and bikes, so for me, no lol.

for me, female attention is more about reassurance that im not a horribly ugly disgusting individual lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

it can be, but it can also be nice to feel a familiar touch one that knows exactly where and how to touch you and getting naked with someone who knows you for the thousandth or ten thousandth time can be pretty exciting if you make it so.

over a year ago

"I'm watching High Society and Tracey Lord's philandering father has just said that the thing that wives don't understand is that their philandering has nothing to do with the wife but is about wanting to retain youth.

It doesn't ring true to me in fact it sounds like justification of bad behaviour and an excuse to blame it on women who "don't understand"."

There is definitely a ring of "you don't understand" in the line. Of course, in the film, Mrs Lord takes Seth back and it all ends happily ever after.

over a year ago

it can be, but it can also be nice to feel a familiar touch one that knows exactly where and how to touch you and getting naked with someone who knows you for the thousandth or ten thousandth time can be pretty exciting if you make it so."

That's true

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think anyone attempting to hold onto youth for to long is chasing a fools errand which rarely leads to anything other than the demise of our self worth and the respect of those around us,,,

"

I think a youthful outlook on life is very important, the ability to see things as exciting rather than threatening, to be able to accept change, to embrace learning....I know these aren't the sole preserve of the young but I do think that they are part of a youthful outlook.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

it can be, but it can also be nice to feel a familiar touch one that knows exactly where and how to touch you and getting naked with someone who knows you for the thousandth or ten thousandth time can be pretty exciting if you make it so.

That's true "

There's room for both in life if you're lucky

over a year ago

That's true "

Now that would be sheer luxury

Post new Message to Thread