Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would people take a job...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

after feeling insulted at an interview?

i lost my part time and only job on xmas eve.

i had an interview for an awful job about a month ago, felt insulted at interview and turned offer down.

the others that took the job left. and now theyre calling me to take the job. it's hard long heavy , unsocial, long hrs. awkward collegues. would most take the job regardless of how theyre treated? i thought about it but keep feeling annoyed at how they treted me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would accept, couldn't afford not to really.

Take the job, do it well...and continue looking!

over a year ago

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face

over a year ago

I'd take it. Even if it's super shit it's better than nothing.

Hope you find something better soon. x

over a year ago

found out last week i have no work in new year, will be taking anything i can get within reason

over a year ago

Depends, if i needed the money then i wld but continue to look for another job.

If yr not desperate for cash then sign on after xmas and look for something then.

Sorry to hear u lost yr job on xmas eve, thats really harsh.

over a year ago

they say its easier to find work if you are in work, if you can afford not to take it don't but if you really need the job, take it. good luck x

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

For me it would depend entirely on my finances. If I could afford not to I wouldnt take the job I didnt want to do.

If I needed the money Id take the job and keep looking elsewhere.

over a year ago

what did they do to make you feel so insulted?

has been said, its much easier to find a job when you already have one.

you must have been interested in the position to have gone for the interview in the first place.

if i had nothing, i would take it in a heartbeat, but not stop looking around

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Take the job, have a go at it. If they continue to treat you badly, then become subversive and cause as much chaos as you can.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Take the job, have a go at it. If they continue to treat you badly, then become subversive and cause as much chaos as you can.

"

By *eeriseWoman
over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

"after feeling insulted at an interview?

i had an interview for an awful job about a month ago, felt insulted at interview and turned offer down.

the others that took the job left. and now theyre calling me to take the job. it's hard long heavy , unsocial, long hrs. awkward collegues. would most take the job regardless of how theyre treated? i thought about it but keep feeling annoyed at how they treted me."

If your going to lose your house and have little mouths to feed just take it and continue to look for something else in the meantime.

over a year ago

When you are in a job, it is always easier to get another job, smile, keep your head down and do a good job, the feelings of being insulted are in your head, not real, because you feel pissed of with life in general, being sacked on Christmas eve, a new job is usually a compromise, it may surprise you, and you may like it,

remember what you give out and expect you gety back.

over a year ago

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you….

over a year ago

"When you are in a job, it is always easier to get another job, smile, keep your head down and do a good job, the feelings of being insulted are in your head, not real, because you feel pissed of with life in general, being sacked on Christmas eve, a new job is usually a compromise, it may surprise you, and you may like it,

remember what you give out and expect you gety back.

"

I like that a lot. Not just in relation to jobs, but life in general. Nice one.

over a year ago

It depends who conducted the interview.

If the interviewer who did the intimidating and made me felt uncomfortable is my boss-to-be, then I would not risk wasting my time in finding out if he/she was behaving normally at the interview.

However, it does depend how much one wants or needs the job, or any job.

I am lucky in that I can afford to choose, and do not have to take whatever that is on offer.

Good luck, whatever the OP decides.

over a year ago

Take it on with an open mind...nothing to lose and potential for oppertunities to open even if only to learn a new skill or experience

over a year ago

Some times it is easier to get a job, when you are already in a job. Take it then try and get another one.

over a year ago

"Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you…. "

^^^^ only you know if you need to take the job or not but good luck with whatever you decide

over a year ago

Take it and keep looking whilst you earn money, will look good on your cv and good luck with it

over a year ago

I have felt insulted and patronized in interviews in the past but never turned a job down because of it. Take the job for now and keep looking for something better then tell them where to go.

over a year ago

"what did they do to make you feel so insulted? around"

sniggered at the content of cv. took the piss out of my qualifications / experience. I didn't react, just answered their snide remarks with decent answers. didnt lower myself to their standards

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

"Take it and keep looking whilst you earn money, will look good on your cv and good luck with it "

Defiantly this and at your next interview you can explain that you took the job to still be gainfully employed whilst looking for a more suitable post. GL on 2014 to you.

over a year ago

"Take the job, have a

go at it. If they continue to treat you badly, then become subversive

and cause as much chaos as you can.

"

heyy... yeaaa!!! you have a point there

over a year ago

Don't cut your balls off to save your dick!!

.......in which case, better to stay on the rock 'n' roll prob!!

over a year ago

Interviews are a bit of a test. The interviewer wants to see how a person reacts under a bit of pressure. If you have been offered the job it means they want you, take it and don't be so sensitive, it means you passed their test.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"what did they do to make you feel so insulted? around

sniggered at the content of cv. took the piss out of my qualifications / experience. I didn't react, just answered their snide remarks with decent answers. didnt lower myself to their standards"

Some companies use different interview techniques to test the calibre of the candidates. If you're applying for a job with close contact with the public, you need the patience of Job, as condescending customers will be de rigueur.

Some larger companies use assessment centres and conduct role play interviews to see how you react but you know you're being tested.

The world of work has changed. You have to park your attitude as it could be a test. I enjoy my job and my colleagues add to that, however, that's a bonus for me. Santander insist on mortgage payments, the utility companies don't provide a service for free and Sainsbury's take a dim view towards people trying to slip full trolleys past the checkout...without checking out!

If being on the dole is preferable to working then good luck to you.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Interviews are a bit of a test. The interviewer wants to see how a person reacts under a bit of pressure. If you have been offered the job it means they want you, take it and don't be so sensitive, it means you passed their test."

Exactly!

over a year ago

Any job is better than no job, ans its easier to get another when you are employed

over a year ago

In a conservative gov't the employers have more power than the employees

Take the job and spend a few hours in your spare time applying for what you want to do.... Is this as a hooker right?

By *airymusclesMan
over a year ago

scotland

Just go in there knowing it doesnt matter if you dont like the job,because hopefully it wont be for long,take it head on,and challenge anything you dont find is right with honesty and confidence,maybe whoever it is takes great pleasure in forcing people out (i worked for one before) you never know,maybe being the first to stick two fingers up at them and doing job properly and sticking it out might mean it ends up being a good job!? The future we cant see,but we cant face future with fear,only enthusiasm!

Good luck

over a year ago

I would Take it, I spent Two years unemployed and it turned my Brain to mush.

as has been said before theres nothing to stop you looking for a better job while working.

Gary

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

"Just go in there knowing it doesnt matter if you dont like the job,because hopefully it wont be for long,take it head on,and challenge anything you dont find is right with honesty and confidence,maybe whoever it is takes great pleasure in forcing people out (i worked for one before) you never know,maybe being the first to stick two fingers up at them and doing job properly and sticking it out might mean it ends up being a good job!? The future we cant see,but we cant face future with fear,only enthusiasm!

Good luck"

Amen to this. Take the job, get stuck in and it might well improve.

over a year ago

You can't be fussy today, if it brings the bread in, do an honest days work, and let the rest go over your head, you could be unemployed for a long time otherwise.

Nette

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"after feeling insulted at an interview?

the others that took the job left. and now theyre calling me to take the job. it's hard long heavy , unsocial, long hrs. awkward collegues. would most take the job regardless of how theyre treated? i thought about it but keep feeling annoyed at how they treted me."

They say it's easier to find a job when you've gotta job... I'd say go for it and keep looking for something you wanna do more.

Good luck with it mate

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"For me it would depend entirely on my finances. If I could afford not to I wouldnt take the job I didnt want to do.

If I needed the money Id take the job and keep looking elsewhere.

"

This. And, in fact, I have done so in the past. It worked out in the end.

over a year ago

If the interview was that bad I would have walked out when the put downs started. If you're from Sunderland was the interview for work in Newcastle ?

The reason I ask is I know from personal experience how well you lot get along generally ( sarcasm )

At the end of the day only you can decide mate but I wish you the best of luck

over a year ago

wait until you find something better.

must be bad if nobody else stays there.

over a year ago

honestly no i wouldnt..

over a year ago

I have gone from a reasonably comfortable job to studentdom in a yr. I am totally skint but am surviving(just)

If you need the dosh take the job and get out soon as a better offer comes. My pride stops me often.

I had an interview this year for a job I could do with my eyes shut. The guy.across the desk.banged on about himself more than the job. AND he chewed gum all the way through.

If Carlsberg made dicks........?

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Needs must. Take it and look for something else. It's a no brainer!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"honestly no i wouldnt.. "

Not being funny but you're a single mum, some of us couldn't afford to be choosy.

over a year ago

Take It. I left a job last Spring to move nearer home and stop commuting every week. Took a 14 k pay cut but used the new job to get a better job and I got a better job paying back to what I was on.

Bug I wouldn't have got the better one without taking the lesser one.

One step back but 2 forward.

over a year ago

"honestly no i wouldnt..

Not being funny but you're a single mum, some of us couldn't afford to be choosy."

over a year ago

I might take it if i was desperate, but if they are that keen on you then others would be as well I assume. Hold out as long as you can mate.

over a year ago

"honestly no i wouldnt..

Not being funny but you're a single mum, some of us couldn't afford to be choosy."

even if i didnt have my daughter i dont think i could take a job where i wasnt happy.. yes id end up becoming desperate and still seek out work but ultimately no i wouldnt take that specific job.

over a year ago

i know someone who took a job he didnt really want, meanwhile he had applied for another job. only a week or so after training to do his job he didnt really want, he heard he had got the job he did want, a better job with much better pay. maybe better to wait.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"honestly no i wouldnt..

Not being funny but you're a single mum, some of us couldn't afford to be choosy. "

Meaning if you're a single parent the State won't see you out on the street if you choose not to work. Santander wouldn't have any qualms taking their house back if I can't work. Without dependants I don't work: I don't eat!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"honestly no i wouldnt..

Not being funny but you're a single mum, some of us couldn't afford to be choosy.

even if i didnt have my daughter i dont think i could take a job where i wasnt happy.. yes id end up becoming desperate and still seek out work but ultimately no i wouldnt take that specific job. "

But how would you take care of yourself?

over a year ago

drop your pride and take the job,its an income.no matter how much you may hate the work,grin and bear it,but it does stop you looking and applying for other work.

over a year ago

"honestly no i wouldnt..

even if i didnt have my daughter i dont think i could take a job where i wasnt happy.. yes id end up becoming desperate and still seek out work but ultimately no i wouldnt take that specific job.

But how would you take care of yourself?"

if im going back to my situation before my child then i was at home still and was fortunate enough to have quite a bit of savings..

ive suffered work related stress before and theres no chance id ever make myself ill because of a job again.

everyones different and im fortunate enough to have supportive family, so in my circumstances i would decline that job. But everyone is different

over a year ago

If they're desperate to employ you, try negotiating some better conditions first - wages, leave, hours etc can all be tweaked in the right circumstances. If they say no, you've lost nothing.

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I think I'm different than most as I don't care how much I needed the money I could never do a job not only I didn't like but was treated badly before even getting the job.

I would rather be flat broke with self respect and happiness intact than working for a shit company that insults possible employees at an interview.

over a year ago

"I think I'm different than most as I don't care how much I needed the money I could never do a job not only I didn't like but was treated badly before even getting the job.

I would rather be flat broke with self respect and happiness intact than working for a shit company that insults possible employees at an interview. "

over a year ago

"I would accept, couldn't afford not to really.

Take the job, do it well...and continue looking! "

over a year ago

"Needs must. Take it and look for something else. It's a no brainer! "

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"what did they do to make you feel so insulted? around

sniggered at the content of cv. took the piss out of my qualifications / experience. I didn't react, just answered their snide remarks with decent answers. didnt lower myself to their standards"

your cv etc couldn't be to bad if they offered you the job maybe they were testing your reactions. Good luck. X

over a year ago

"honestly no i wouldnt..

But how would you take care of yourself?

if im going back to my situation before my child then i was at home still and was fortunate enough to have quite a bit of savings..

ive suffered work related stress before and theres no chance id ever make myself ill because of a job again.

everyones different and im fortunate enough to have supportive family, so in my circumstances i would decline that job. But everyone is different "

Your lucky to have a supportive family.

Post new Message to Thread