Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New year, new you

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it's that time of year again where were thinking of getting fit again, as of 2nd jan I will be embarking on a regime to get myself supper fit, the question I wanted to ask was, WHO'S WITH ME?

I know I have said it before, but this time I have to do it, I'm 42 in march and if I don't do it soon I never will, actual thread coming soon

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry i have a Note from me Mum

Gary

over a year ago

being supper fit is whats got me in this shape in the first place.

im going to try and get proper fit next year.

start back on my american footy training, even if im not playing anymore, get back on the bus with my jogging/running as im supposed to be doing a half marathon this year, sometime

over a year ago

I'm going on a 2 month diet challenge with my brother and brother-in-law I'm going for it big time !!!!!! Gunna whip their arses (metaphorically that is) !!! Lol

over a year ago

Also supper fit, but may try a spot of dinner fit too this year, just to keep me in the shape to which i have become accustomed. Fat, that is

over a year ago

I started mine at the start of December but I am on A/L now until 2/1/13.

For it to work needs to be a total lifetyle change though.

over a year ago

Im starting mine in the New Year

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh and I'm going to learn to spell too lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

[Removed by poster at 26/12/13 10:42:07]

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I'm going to lose a few pounds in the new year....

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/12/13 10:43:29]

over a year ago

I'm planning on starting an exercise regime today, as soon as I get outta this lovely, warm, cosy bed! X

over a year ago

"I'm going to lose a few pounds in the new year...."

chickens very good for that lol

over a year ago

I remember once hearing that January is said to be the VERY best time for gyms financially due to all the new memberships following Christmas, but most of them won't attend the gym for more than a few weeks despite paying in blocks of several months - the gyms actually make most of their money from the members who don't show up.

over a year ago

I'm at my ideal weight now and have always been fit. I do this by eating a well balanced diet and regular exercise. Going to a gym is not always the best way to get in shape.

Have you noticed there is usually at least one fast food outlet in close proximity,to many gyms ?

over a year ago

"I'm at my ideal weight now and have always been fit. I do this by eating a well balanced diet and regular exercise. Going to a gym is not always the best way to get in shape.

Have you noticed there is usually at least one fast food outlet in close proximity,to many gyms ?"

gym by me offered a discount for maccies with a membership

true story lol

over a year ago

"I remember once hearing that January is said to be the VERY best time for gyms financially due to all the new memberships following Christmas, but most of them won't attend the gym for more than a few weeks despite paying in blocks of several months - the gyms actually make most of their money from the members who don't show up. "

Who said anything about going to the Gym !!!!! Was thinking more of a caffeine and nicotine diet with loads of sex !!!!

Ok ok b4 all you health nuts get on my case !!! That was very tongue in cheek

over a year ago

"I remember once hearing that January is said to be the VERY best time for gyms financially due to all the new memberships following Christmas, but most of them won't attend the gym for more than a few weeks despite paying in blocks of several months - the gyms actually make most of their money from the members who don't show up.

Who said anything about going to the Gym !!!!! Was thinking more of a caffeine and nicotine diet with loads of sex !!!!

Ok ok b4 all you health nuts get on my case !!! That was very tongue in cheek "

when i was last doing this kind of shit, i found that having protein shakes to replace meals worked.

never felt hungry either, which for me is massive as im always hungry lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"So it's that time of year again where were thinking of getting fit again, as of 2nd jan I will be embarking on a regime to get myself supper fit, the question I wanted to ask was, WHO'S WITH ME?

I know I have said it before, but this time I have to do it, I'm 42 in march and if I don't do it soon I never will, actual thread coming soon "

Count me in. I need to tone up.

over a year ago

Starting tomorrow.

Well starting today really, small steps and all that.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I'd never pay to join a gym as I know I'd never use it as I find the gym incredibly boring...I don't have a car so do a lot of walking etc...I'm a fairly active person...

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

erm......i'm actually trying to put weight on

Lost a stone in a month and will be stuffing myself for the new year

over a year ago

"I remember once hearing that January is said to be the VERY best time for gyms financially due to all the new memberships following Christmas, but most of them won't attend the gym for more than a few weeks despite paying in blocks of several months - the gyms actually make most of their money from the members who don't show up.

Ok ok b4 all you health nuts get on my case !!! That was very tongue in cheek

when i was last doing this kind of shit, i found that having protein shakes to replace meals worked.

never felt hungry either, which for me is massive as im always hungry lol"

Bad idea. Protein shakes are just a supplement not meant to replace meals. If people think that protein shakes get you muscle think again. Its hard work & a special diet.

over a year ago

As for a gym.no thanks.been there done that. I find there full of wanna be's. Sit on the weights with no intention of working out. Just go for a perv.

Post new Message to Thread