Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Spare a thought

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

For the homeless and the vulnerable at this time of year....who don't have the luxery or a roof

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

By *Kgirl80Woman
over a year ago

South Coast

Well said - what can be the most wonderful time of the year can be the most lonely and depressing time for others x

over a year ago

"For the homeless and the vulnerable at this time of year....who don't have the luxery or a roof "

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

do you know what... earlier I was watching cribs on TV and they showed all the stars like Mariah carey ...usher etc with their home theatres studios and walk in closets crammed with clothes and shoes

in the break they had an ad about the kids in Africa dieing cos of the bad water just such a contrast and it really got to me

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

A friend of mine posted on fb how he saw someone shivering and went in to the closest charity shop to buy them a new coat - what a brilliant idea!!

over a year ago

and everyone in the forces away from there loved ones

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"A friend of mine posted on fb how he saw someone shivering and went in to the closest charity shop to buy them a new coat - what a brilliant idea!!"

what a lovely thing to do

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

also the giblets that lose their lives in the millions every year and get thrown in the bucket not even out the bag....at least we eat the turkeys that die in our name..but giblets why??.if ppl really cared they would make soup with the giblets and warm the homeless but no .just straight in the bucket.

over a year ago

"For the homeless and the vulnerable at this time of year....who don't have the luxery or a roof "

over a year ago

I brought a man some dog food and chews for his dog as he was more concerned the dog not eating then him...i also brought him some food...i know what its like to be street homeless over Christmas...id not wish it on my worst enemy

over a year ago

"also the giblets that lose their lives in the millions every year and get thrown in the bucket not even out the bag....at least we eat the turkeys that die in our name..but giblets why??.if ppl really cared they would make soup with the giblets and warm the homeless but no .just straight in the bucket."

That's what soup kitchens are for

over a year ago

Ditto this.....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

If anyone is on their own tomorrow, or at a loose end and feeling sorry for themselves have a look at the Crisis website, they still have some need for support for the next couple of days.

I am lucky and have never had to sleep on the streets but I have met some who have been street homeless. If you are having a clear out after Christmas pass things on.

Post new Message to Thread