Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Winks

Jump to newest

By *ausage and sizzle OP   Couple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

What the done thing with winks? And what's the point of them?

Am I supposed to reply and write a message when I don't know what the person wants and they obviously couldn't be bothered to write anything themselves?

I have replied "nicely" to these before with a no thanks or yes we're interested ect and got no reply in return to the yes's. I just delete them now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If I like the look of the profile then I wink back. If I'm not interested then I just delete with no response.

If they can't be bothered to write me a message then neither can I

By *nkednkinky_bbwWoman
over a year ago

cannock

"If I like the look of the profile then I wink back. If I'm not interested then I just delete with no response.

If they can't be bothered to write me a message then neither can I "

thats what i do too

over a year ago

I wink at people who have looked at my profile but not said anything.

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"If I like the look of the profile then I wink back. If I'm not interested then I just delete with no response.

If they can't be bothered to write me a message then neither can I "

Yes this is what I thought and I've even winked back too, but got no reply - off couples as well as singles. Which is why I don't bother now and kind of wonder if there is any point to it.

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I wink at people who have looked at my profile but not said anything."

Yes, you sent us a wink, but I just deleted it (nothing personal, just not looking at the mo'). If I was looking, then surely we would of messaged you when we saw your profile, if we were interested.

over a year ago

Don't worry yourself too much about it. I always think that if, after we've both winked, they don't come back with a message then they're probably lacking in confidence to make the first move and I probably wouldn't want to meet them anyway (confidence is a big part of the excitement for me)

over a year ago

I wink ... I love to wink

If someone winks back Ill send them a message ... if someone winks me and I wink them back then if they dont message me I wont message them first

It makes sense to me lol

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I wink ... I love to wink

If someone winks back Ill send them a message ... if someone winks me and I wink them back then if they dont message me I wont message them first

It makes sense to me lol"

We're obviously just unlucky with our winkers then, lol.

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

If they can't be bothered to string a sentence together, then I can't be bothered to wink back SIMPLES

over a year ago

"I wink at people who have looked at my profile but not said anything.

Yes, you sent us a wink, but I just deleted it (nothing personal, just not looking at the mo'). If I was looking, then surely we would of messaged you when we saw your profile, if we were interested."

that's no worries, i think i saw u weren't looking so didn't mail u (i don't pester). I just wink to say 'hi say somut if u liked what you saw'.

I expect something from a message, but a wink is just a quick throwaway, if u know what i mean.

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"I wink at people who have looked at my profile but not said anything.

Yes, you sent us a wink, but I just deleted it (nothing personal, just not looking at the mo'). If I was looking, then surely we would of messaged you when we saw your profile, if we were interested.

that's no worries, i think i saw u weren't looking so didn't mail u (i don't pester). I just wink to say 'hi say somut if u liked what you saw'.

I expect something from a message, but a wink is just a quick throwaway, if u know what i mean."

LOL, we didn't think of you as a pesterer anyway, very few people are. Some of the nicest people we've met are swingers.

over a year ago

"I wink ... I love to wink

It makes sense to me lol

We're obviously just unlucky with our winkers then, lol. "

Now ... I just winked you

over a year ago

"I wink at people who have looked at my profile but not said anything."

does that not mean they werent interested,thus not sending you a wink or a message ?

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

I'm with Storm on this. I like a wink occasionally. I use it to express an interest in a profile and will follow up with a message if I get a wink back. I will write a message of thanks for a wink I have received if I like the profile that winked.

I also wink at people on the friends list if they are on line at the same time as me to acknowledge them and see if they want to chat.

over a year ago

To me winks are a polite way to say hi, would you care to take a look at my profile.

So many profiles do not tell the truth to what people seek, straight guys being bi, non male seeking couples seeking males and so on, so nobody can be certain that the profile says what the owners really mean, a message may pee people off, have them complaining here that people don't read their profile properly, so a wink would suffice.

It's all very simple, if you receive a wink and you like what you see, then wink back, the profile owner then knows they are welcome to take things further, if you don't like the profile attached to the wink then ignore.

If someone the other side of the room in a pub winked you, would you approach them to say thanks but no thanks?. it's a similar set up here.

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

We had a great meet that started with an exchange of winks.... we like 'em. And if we get winks we don't fancy following up, they're easy to ignore without causing offence or having to engage in dialogue.

over a year ago

Winks are a bit lazy and i don't really take any notice. If someone wants to say hello why not make a bit more effort.

over a year ago

it's an easier way to say "hi" really.gives people a chance to have a look at our profile without messaging and getting nothing back also for us, it lets people know on this site we are on here and we like what we see

over a year ago

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I love winks

Prefer them to a message especially if they have a good profile and then ill wink back or even send a message

I don't feel guilty if I don't reply to a wink

It keeps things easier for me but do people listen when you ask for winks and no messages?........nope!

over a year ago

"Winks are a bit lazy and i don't really take any notice. If someone wants to say hello why not make a bit more effort."

Read my post a little above yours.

over a year ago

Problem is, people jump to conclusions.

If someone does this then it has to be for this reason, if someone does that then it has to be that reason.

Don't jump to conclusions and you might be pleasantly surprised one time.

over a year ago

"I love winks

Prefer them to a message especially if they have a good profile and then ill wink back or even send a message

I don't feel guilty if I don't reply to a wink

It keeps things easier for me but do people listen when you ask for winks and no messages?........nope! "

And that's one GOOD reason why people wink, not always because they are lazy.

Post new Message to Thread