Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Proposal to ban smoking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

in cars... what do people think of that?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"in cars... what do people think of that? "

they gotta catch me first.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Impossible to police, they can't even Police the use of mobiles

over a year ago

If they try and bring in a law like that I'll become a Rastafarian and therefore it would be illegal to prevent me from smokin me herb on de grounds I is religious... fuck, I'm even talking like one already!

over a year ago

It's already banned in all vehicles used for a business purposes. As far as private vehicles go it has to remain the owners choice though as far as I am concerned.

I am a smoker myself, but will not smoke in my car as firstly I don't like the smell of stale cigarette smoke, and secondly it depletes the resale value, but I respect the rights of others to smoke in their own privately owned vehicles if they wish, as it is their property...

over a year ago

" It's already banned in all vehicles used for a business purposes.."

Not all... cos it ain't banned in my van!

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

PMSL

Well its illegal to smoke eat or drive whilst driving in Oz.........You'd be pretty pissed of if your driving through the outback and some cop jumps out from behind a bush and catches you.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

" It's already banned in all vehicles used for a business purposes..

Not all... cos it ain't banned in my van! "

The google van man smokes in his i have heard!

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

" It's already banned in all vehicles used for a business purposes..

Not all... cos it ain't banned in my van! "

If it's used for any kind of business it is.........so be warned LOL

over a year ago

"PMSL

Well its illegal to smoke eat or drive whilst driving in Oz.........You'd be pretty pissed of if your driving through the outback and some cop jumps out from behind a bush and catches you.

"

You could imagine it couldn't you...

Cop: "G'day mate, I noticed you having a smoke as you rounded that last bend there fella."

Driver: "Ah fuck off skippy ya cunt."

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"PMSL

Cop: "G'day mate, I noticed you having a smoke as you rounded that last bend there fella."

Driver: "Ah fuck off skippy ya cunt.""

Fucks me you can speak kangaroo. you're not just a pretty face

over a year ago

"PMSL

Driver: "Ah fuck off skippy ya cunt."

Fucks me you can speak kangaroo. you're not just a pretty face "

My Saturday mornings as a child were definately not wasted. I didn't bother with the OU when I had Skippy to teach me all about the birds n bees. And Flipper too, he taught me all about little swimmers.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Didn't teach you about the smoking ban tho did he, the bastard

over a year ago

"Didn't teach you about the smoking ban tho did he, the bastard "

Wot smoking ban?

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

The one skippy didn't tell you about D'oh

By *ockwell DominusMan
over a year ago

Birstall

Firstly I do not smoke, do not like being in places that contain smoke and think it is a nasty vile filthy habit.

We still live in a democracy (only just) and as such I would defend the right of people to smoke in their own cars/homes/sheds/padded cells ect.... Even though I don't like being in smokey places I was very much against the ban on smoking in pubs.

It is a fact that without the tax revenues raised from smokers we would be even deeper in the red with public spending. People are fully aware of the danger to their health from smoking, it is their lives and if they choose to smoke I back their democratic right to do so.

What next a ban on drinking cider or having sex with ugly people ?

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"in cars... what do people think of that?

Firstly I do not smoke, do not like being in places that contain smoke and think it is a nasty vile filthy habit.

We still live in a democracy (only just) and as such I would defend the right of people to smoke in their own cars/homes/sheds/padded cells ect.... Even though I don't like being in smokey places I was very much against the ban on smoking in pubs.

It is a fact that without the tax revenues raised from smokers we would be even deeper in the red with public spending. People are fully aware of the danger to their health from smoking, it is their lives and if they choose to smoke I back their democratic right to do so.

What next a ban on drinking cider or having sex with ugly people ? "

And don't forget skippy being a right bastard

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

Bah humbug

over a year ago

"If they try and bring in a law like that I'll become a Rastafarian and therefore it would be illegal to prevent me from smokin me herb on de grounds I is religious... fuck, I'm even talking like one already! "

Yea mon..I and I..the 5 o.. On I case Enuff Mon, ....

over a year ago

Im over 18 its my van nobody else is in there with me so they can bloody swivel lol

If this govt (or Brussels whoever it is cause i don't know anymore)put as much effort into running the bloody country properly instead of interfering in peoples lives then maybe we wouldnt be in the mess we are

Nero fiddles comes ta mind lol xx

over a year ago

"Im over 18 its my van nobody else is in there with me so they can bloody swivel lol

If this govt (or Brussels whoever it is cause i don't know anymore)put as much effort into running the bloody country properly instead of interfering in peoples lives then maybe we wouldnt be in the mess we are

Nero fiddles comes ta mind lol xx "

Well said that foamy man..

over a year ago

well i dont smoke in my car when I have g/kids with me not fair on em but no sod gonna tell me not to smoke in MY CAR for which i pay TAX on it next thing they be stopping smoking in your homes.

over a year ago

Another waste of law enforcement resources!

Make them cough up when they have smoking related illnesses I'd say!

over a year ago

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, or the turd in the swimming pool, but as I am very anti smoking, the more obsticles that are put in the way of smokers, the happier I will be ...

over a year ago

bollocks to that for a game of soldiers! no one's gonna stop me smoking in my own car if i choose to!

Billy

over a year ago

"Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, or the turd in the swimming pool, but as I am very anti smoking, the more obsticles that are put in the way of smokers, the happier I will be ..."

smoking facist..lol...

Leave us addicts alone..we need free fags on the N.H.S...for stress...would you sign my petition to support this...???

over a year ago

"Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, or the turd in the swimming pool, but as I am very anti smoking, the more obsticles that are put in the way of smokers, the happier I will be ...

smoking facist..lol...

Leave us addicts alone..we need free fags on the N.H.S...for stress...would you sign my petition to support this...??? "

signed: "scumqueen"

smoking rocks especially in public places, I mean who wants to stink out their own home

over a year ago

i dont smoke but it sounds to me just another way to tax the motorist and sod all to do with health and safety.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/03/10 09:10:00]

over a year ago

Where they talking about if children are also in the car?

As someone said, who will enforce it, and is there enough of them?

The rules/law regarding car use, tax, insures, MOT (if...). The we need a license, then belt up, no mobiles, and the huge amount of things that can constitute with out care and attention/dangerous driving (eating, drinking, blowing your nose, changing radio, CD, reading map).

I'm sure that we all see them being done every single time we are out on the roads, why...Not enough people to enforce the rules so we all take a little liberty as the likelihood of being caught is low and the punishment sometimes irrelevant...

More laws, tut, enforce the ones we have first

over a year ago

"Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, or the turd in the swimming pool, but as I am very anti smoking, the more obsticles that are put in the way of smokers, the happier I will be ...

smoking facist..lol...

Leave us addicts alone..we need free fags on the N.H.S...for stress...would you sign my petition to support this...???

signed: "scumqueen"

smoking rocks especially in public places, I mean who wants to stink out their own home "

HELL YES...my house smells gorgeous...

OOOOHhhhh...the good old days of smoking in the pub....aaaahhh...sweet memories...

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

the goverment hinting or saying they might bring in a law to stop a person from smoking while driving is only to gain more votes as it is an election yr...

in regards to the australia part yes it is as already pointed out against the law but its not governed in anyway, i was born there far to many yrs ago..lol and as such over there every 4 months or so and never had a problem...at certain times of the yr peeps are stopped and fined but only when they need a tad more revenue..lol

stella..xxxxx

over a year ago

Personally I think it's an infringement on smokers' human rights I also think smokers should get a tax rebate every year since they give more to the country than the non smokers plus they should get free medical care coz they get more flu type symptoms due to having to stand outside in the freezing cold to have a fag!!

over a year ago

"Personally I think it's an infringement on smokers' human rights I also think smokers should get a tax rebate every year since they give more to the country than the non smokers plus they should get free medical care coz they get more flu type symptoms due to having to stand outside in the freezing cold to have a fag!!

"

All smokers should just move into the houses of parliament

Cause at the end of the day its bars supply nice cheap tax free drinks and in two of the bars you can smoke to ya hearts content xx

over a year ago

"Personally I think it's an infringement on smokers' human rights I also think smokers should get a tax rebate every year since they give more to the country than the non smokers plus they should get free medical care coz they get more flu type symptoms due to having to stand outside in the freezing cold to have a fag!!

Cause at the end of the day its bars supply nice cheap tax free drinks and in two of the bars you can smoke to ya hearts content xx "

Yeah but, are singles welcome

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

but its not illegal to drink while driving in oz,,and I dont mean alcohol.

over a year ago

"Where they talking about if children are also in the car?

The rules/law regarding car use, tax, insures, MOT (if...). The we need a license, then belt up, no mobiles, and the huge amount of things that can constitute with out care and attention/dangerous driving (eating, drinking, blowing your nose, changing radio, CD, reading map).

I'm sure that we all see them being done every single time we are out on the roads, why...Not enough people to enforce the rules so we all take a little liberty as the likelihood of being caught is low and the punishment sometimes irrelevant...

More laws, tut, enforce the ones we have first "

Yes its to protect kids .Its actually the BMA who have called for it on the grounds that...... "Almost 85% of second-hand smoke is invisible and odourless gases. Only the particulate matter, in the form of smoke, is visible. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4000 toxins, including over 50 that are known to cause cancer."

They claim 22,000 children a year are effected ,many contracting asthma amongst other nasties.

Our thoughts are surely the vast majority of parents are sensible and dont do stuff they will know will harm there kids,ok let people know its dodgy to put your kids in the car and to smoke,however legislation seems a bit like a JCB to crack a few nuts who do it ...

over a year ago

Cause at the end of the day its bars supply nice cheap tax free drinks and in two of the bars you can smoke to ya hearts content xx "

Now..!!! why am I NOT surprised by this revelation..soapy..

And to missquote shamless "Cheaper fags now"...

over a year ago

smoking is banned on buses yet I've lost count on how many of the actual bus drivers I've seen smoking whilst doing their routes

over a year ago

I agree if children are in the car. Personally I hate smoking in the car I think its all them years I had to endure my dad smoking in the car.

over a year ago

"I agree if children are in the car. Personally I hate smoking in the car I think its all them years I had to endure my dad smoking in the car."

Both my kids smoke in their cars and mine...

over a year ago

"Where they talking about if children are also in the car?

More laws, tut, enforce the ones we have first

Yes its to protect kids .Its actually the BMA who have called for it on the grounds that...... "Almost 85% of second-hand smoke is invisible and odourless gases. Only the particulate matter, in the form of smoke, is visible. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4000 toxins, including over 50 that are known to cause cancer."

They claim 22,000 children a year are effected ,many contracting asthma amongst other nasties.

Our thoughts are surely the vast majority of parents are sensible and dont do stuff they will know will harm there kids,ok let people know its dodgy to put your kids in the car and to smoke,however legislation seems a bit like a JCB to crack a few nuts who do it ..."

Indeed, some say it breaches their "uman rites" What about those who are too young to know their rights for a smoke free environment to live or travel in?

My father smoked, and we used to be stuck in a small room watching TV whilst he smoked away...

for the record. Smokers can smoke as much as you want, but don't make others breath in your 2nd hand smoke and stinking the place out...

Is this a good line about uman rites, you can't used it do something you want, that takes away my right away.

In this case smoking, your right to smoke where you want is trumped by my right to be in an environment that is not harmful to my health.

Also, is smoking, in this day and age, linked to low intelligence

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/03/10 10:10:57]

over a year ago

"I agree if children are in the car. Personally I hate smoking in the car I think its all them years I had to endure my dad smoking in the car.

Both my kids smoke in their cars and mine... "

pmsl ...good point ....your all nicked ..lol

over a year ago

"Also, is smoking, in this day and age, linked to low intelligence"

bloody hell i hope not, my doctor smokes !!

over a year ago

ah its friday lets persecute the smokers!

its MY car I paid for it and due to the pit holes and i mean pit holes on the roads about here i smoke in the car because the stress of thinking about how much its gonna cost me in repairs!!

its no my problem if joe numpty in his people carrier wi 5 kids that im likely payin for hasnt the brains not to smoke in his car when his kids are there some of us god forsaken evil smokers do have the sense not to do it!!

as for the low intelligence bit think back to the 70s and 80s when you could smoke everywhere how the hell has man managed to survive and make technological advances!!xx

over a year ago

Personally ... having a child that has asthma that was likely brought on by the fact that she USED to be in a smoky environment then I agree it should be banned IF there are children in the car. What people do when they are on their own is up to them ...

over a year ago

"ah its friday lets persecute the smokers!

as for the low intelligence bit think back to the 70s and 80s when you could smoke everywhere how the hell has man managed to survive and make technological advances!!xx"

Just think what 'Man' could have done if he hadn't smoked

over a year ago

"

Is this a good line about uman rites, you can't used it do something you want, that takes away my right away."

But why should the smoker move? Why can't the non smoker choose somewhere else to stand where there's less smoke It's assumed the smoker is in the wrong, perhaps smoker's believe it's actually good to smoke, it builds the immune system, keeps you stress free and stops all those buggery wrinkles from knackering yer skin

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, me, I hate smokers, stinky horrid folk

Plus it looks cool

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/03/10 10:26:14]

over a year ago

"Also, is smoking, in this day and age, linked to low intelligence

bloody hell i hope not, my doctor smokes !!"

Einstein..40 a day

Steven Hawkins..60 a day...

LOL...research findings can say whatever the researcher wants them to say...Depends on the researchers adgenda and who is funding the research...!!!!

Just beacause somebody writes a paper...

anti smokers...yes human rights not to be subjected to the unwanted smoke of others..yes

Dont smoke in a small padlocked room with your kids..yes...

off to twitch my 2 brain cells together...whilst I have a ciggy...

over a year ago

"ah its friday lets persecute the smokers!

as for the low intelligence bit think back to the 70s and 80s when you could smoke everywhere how the hell has man managed to survive and make technological advances!!xx

Just think what 'Man' could have done if he hadn't smoked

"

would certainly have reduced the population if there hadnt been the post coiltal fag to look forward to!!

and sometimes the cigarette wasnt finished before them!! xx

over a year ago

"

No wonder he has health issues

over a year ago

The first post sums up my view in a less extreme way.

It would be impossible to police, it would be a loss to to goverment as they recieve a lot of tax through smoking and obviously, people enjoy it. So why stop it?

I believe the smoking ban in pubs/clubs is a good idea, especially due to second hand smoke.

...oh i don't mind people smoking! =)

over a year ago

No wonder he has health issues"

Yes have to admit...he dont look good on it......but he looks cool ...and that guy gets Pussy...lol...think he is on his 3rd wife or something..

over a year ago

Yes have to admit...he dont look good on it......but he looks cool ...and that guy gets Pussy...lol...think he is on his 3rd wife or something.. "

See, told ya, it's cool No one will convince me otherwise

over a year ago

anyone got a light?

over a year ago

Yes have to admit...he dont look good on it......but he looks cool ...and that guy gets Pussy...lol...think he is on his 3rd wife or something..

See, told ya, it's cool No one will convince me otherwise "

over a year ago

"anyone got a light?"

depends what you settin on fire!! x

over a year ago

"anyone got a light?

depends what you settin on fire!! x "

well your bum cheeks could do with reddening

over a year ago

I dont know how the hell my parents and theirs before them etc...ever survived. ?????

Ban this and stop that and it makes me so bloody angry.

If i wish to smoke in MY home...No one will tell me not to. or even try.

If i owned a vehicle the same would apply.

Its about time these anti this and anti thats go get a life and let us smokers get on with ours .

over a year ago

"anyone got a light?

depends what you settin on fire!! x

well your bum cheeks could do with reddening "

emm thanks but no thanks!! x

over a year ago

I wonder if all the non smokers maoning about smokers went into pubs before the smoking ban

over a year ago

"I dont know how the hell my parents and theirs before them etc...ever survived. ?????

Its about time these anti this and anti thats go get a life and let us smokers get on with ours . "

Yes, but some of the things you wish to do, potentially harms others, who may not be able to do anything about it....

over a year ago

Simples........

they come no where near me.

I will not be dictated to by big brother and all this passive smoking lark was simply invented by some dickhead paid to do so.

Some eminent scientists have poo poo d. all this rubbish anyways .

And while i live in a democratic society and choose to smoke......

I will do so.

over a year ago

"Simples........

they come no where near me.

I will not be dictated to by big brother and all this passive smoking lark was simply invented by some dickhead paid to do so.

Some eminent scientists have poo poo d. all this rubbish anyways .

And while i live in a democratic society and choose to smoke......

I will do so. "

Your in no position to decide what you will and won't do, agains the will of law.

You are being told every day what you must and mustn't do, some are for the common good some are not...

over a year ago

And this is not for the common good....

this is either the eu acting out or some anal retentive do gooder sat in an office who cant get a girlfriend and who is the biggest wanker in the country .

who thinks he knows better than anyone else.

Well i will say this..........

I f i had not have smoked...

My son would not have reached the age he is...

And work collegues would have been murdered along with the dickheads you meet most days of your life.

Smoking saved them

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

well you can get pinched for blowing your nose

so technicaly i see no reason why if they wanted to they could not win if they prossecuted you for smoking at the wheel

i just hope they dont outlaw picking your nose while driving , cos it nice to have a good rake out on those long motorway journeys

over a year ago

so technicaly i see no reason why if they wanted to they could not win if they prossecuted you for smoking at the wheel

i just hope they dont outlaw picking your nose while driving , cos it nice to have a good rake out on those long motorway journeys "

What about eating a sandwich as a possible distraction? Would there be a difference?

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

i just hope they dont outlaw picking your nose while driving , cos it nice to have a good rake out on those long motorway journeys

What about eating a sandwich as a possible distraction? Would there be a difference? "

Thats illegal as is drinking (non alcholic) I mean. Classed as driving without due care and attention

over a year ago

What about eating a sandwich as a possible distraction? Would there be a difference?

Thats illegal as is drinking (non alcholic) I mean. Classed as driving without due care and attention"

So, where is the difference as arguable, dropping a sandwich is not anywhere near as potentially dangerous as a lit cigarette? I am curious...

over a year ago

"I dont know how the hell my parents and theirs before them etc...ever survived. ?????

Its about time these anti this and anti thats go get a life and let us smokers get on with ours .

Yes, but some of the things you wish to do, potentially harms others, who may not be able to do anything about it...."

dont stand near me if they a non smoker concerned about me pollutin their nice clean air dont stand near me in the smokin shelter its pretty simple really!! x

over a year ago

but pearl we pay enuff taxes on our fags to pay for the non smokers nhs operations dont we mmmm

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Thats illegal as is drinking (non alcholic) I mean. Classed as driving without due care and attention

So, where is the difference as arguable, dropping a sandwich is not anywhere near as potentially dangerous as a lit cigarette? I am curious..."

It is if you bend down to pick the sandwich up

over a year ago

But most NON smokers are santimonious do gooders ready to put us to death because we do smoke so why argue.

I have met some non smokers whose bo is stronger than smoker smell

Yet thats legal........ahem

And not frowned upon

Give me a gorgeous guy who smokes any day

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"But most NON smokers are santimonious do gooders ready to put us to death because we do smoke so why argue.

And not frowned upon

Give me a gorgeous guy who smokes any day "

That'll be me then

over a year ago

So, where is the difference as arguable, dropping a sandwich is not anywhere near as potentially dangerous as a lit cigarette? I am curious...

It is if you bend down to pick the sandwich up "

Ah, and what I might find in the process I wonder

over a year ago

"But most NON smokers are santimonious do gooders ready to put us to death because we do smoke so why argue.

And not frowned upon

That'll be me then "

what a refreshing change

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Ah, and what I might find in the process I wonder"

HMMMMMMMM while you're down there

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

And not frowned upon

That'll be me then

what a refreshing change "

What is?????? me being a gogeous guy and a smoker

over a year ago

Ah, and what I might find in the process I wonder

HMMMMMMMM while you're down there "

hmmm... now that WOULD be illegal... I bet....;-)

By *ntheswingCouple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

[Removed by poster at 26/03/10 22:58:07]

By *ntheswingCouple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

Fact: The extra tax paid by a smoker, covers the cost of his/her NHS care plus 50% of that for a non-smoker.

Fact: Drink related illness and crime cost the British taxpayer 32% more than tobacco related illness and crime.

Also when did you last hear of someone smoking all day and then getting into a fight because they had smoked one too many?

All you drinkers remember. Once smoking had effectivly been banned, there's a good chance that booze with be the next target.

over a year ago

the way things goin we wont actually be livin longer it will just feel like it!!! xx

over a year ago

And not frowned upon

That'll be me then

what a refreshing change

What is?????? me being a gogeous guy and a smoker "

Nooooooo just finding one

Post new Message to Thread