Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rolf Harris

Jump to newest

By *eerob OP   Couple
over a year ago

solihull

Hes been charged with more offences. I never liked Saville or Hall and what they did is utterly despicable.

I always did like Harris so if the allegations are found to be true, i will be very disappointed in him and hope that he gets hammered by the courts.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hes been charged with more offences. I never liked Saville or Hall and what they did is utterly despicable.

I always did like Harris so if the allegations are found to be true, i will be very disappointed in him and hope that he gets hammered by the courts. "

Brings a whole new meaning to

"Can you see what it is yet?"

over a year ago

I wander how long it will be before someone says that nelson mandela made them touch his colum

over a year ago

hey kids ...."do you know what it is yet " ..yes rolf its your gnarly old C*ck ....

allegedly

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

How many more 'celebs' are currently crapping themselves I wonder.

By *hecat007Woman
over a year ago

Round the corner

Liked him more for animal hospital ...always thought he was a nice kind man that's good to kids and animals was a shocker when I heard about the allegations ......but true never shocked me about saville one bit

over a year ago

Not really shocked about Saville as I always thought there was something creepy about him but quite surprised about Rolf! Disgusting men who took advantage

over a year ago

I'd be gutted if the allegations about Rolf are true, always thought he was genuinely one of the good guys ~ I guess that's the power of TV, a great sentimental programme like Animal Hospital endears you to someone you dont know

over a year ago

I think its unfair hes been named to the public before being found guilty/innocent

over a year ago

How many other Artists have had these allegations in the past?

I refuse to speculate until the case is over.

And by artists I mean real artists not luvvies like savile and Hall

over a year ago

"I think its unfair hes been named to the public before being found guilty/innocent"

Agree!! Unfair isn't strong enough a word. If he's innocent (or any of the other people charged and named) they will never be able to recover from it.

Name when found guilty.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and let the justice system determine the outcome, they will have the facts of the case.

over a year ago

im not shocked because there are so many famous people being accused and we dont know if he is guilty yet.

nothing like that surprises me though, you never really know someone properly.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"Hes been charged with more offences. I never liked Saville or Hall and what they did is utterly despicable.

I always did like Harris so if the allegations are found to be true, i will be very disappointed in him and hope that he gets hammered by the courts. "

this

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

However if by naming him it causes other victims to have the strength to come forward, as in the Hall case, then I'm reluctantly in favour of it

over a year ago

"However if by naming him it causes other victims to have the strength to come forward, as in the Hall case, then I'm reluctantly in favour of it"

I agree with that- but still they should only be named when found guilty.

By *RYBBWCouple
over a year ago

Leeds.

There are a lot of skint people aroud at the moment, and a big band wagon to jump on........

Just saying.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I think its unfair hes been named to the public before being found guilty/innocent"

So would this apply to everyone accused of a crime or just famous people, or just famous people that have a 'cuddly' public image?

I just ask as no one suggested that Ian Watkins shouldn't be named and the way the law works is that one rule applies to all (unless you've got the cash for a super-injunction )

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"There are a lot of skint people aroud at the moment, and a big band wagon to jump on........

Just saying."

.......... and no shortage of lawyers ready to help them clamber aboard.

I fully expect someone to claim to have been abused by Shep, the Blue Peter dog

over a year ago

"I think its unfair hes been named to the public before being found guilty/innocent

So would this apply to everyone accused of a crime or just famous people, or just famous people that have a 'cuddly' public image?

I just ask as no one suggested that Ian Watkins shouldn't be named and the way the law works is that one rule applies to all (unless you've got the cash for a super-injunction )"

I think everyone, famous or not shouldn't be publicly named until found guilty

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think its unfair hes been named to the public before being found guilty/innocent

I just ask as no one suggested that Ian Watkins shouldn't be named and the way the law works is that one rule applies to all (unless you've got the cash for a super-injunction )

I think everyone, famous or not shouldn't be publicly named until found guilty"

Nigella Lawson seems to have been convicted before she's even been charged.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I hope that the allegations are unfounded. I was really shocked when it hit the news. Will have to see what the courts decide.

over a year ago

"There are a lot of skint people aroud at the moment, and a big band wagon to jump on........

Just saying.

I fully expect someone to claim to have been abused by Shep, the Blue Peter dog "

As someone who is just going through the hell of reporting a man for something very similar, I can assure you this is not done lightly. Step back a bit and think about it really. If you need to report anything like this to the police do you think you can skip into a police station drop a name on the desk, stating he did x,y,z? Of course you fuckin can't. It is a horrid lengthy process and will no doubt turn my life upside down for months to come, starting between boxing day and new year when I have to give a full statement which will take hours and hours and bring back awful memories. I don't think anyone would volunteer to put themselves through that for a bit of fun do you and that is just the start......

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't think anyone has suggested it's being done for fun.

By *RYBBWCouple
over a year ago

Leeds.

Just saying.

As someone who is just going through the hell of reporting a man for something very similar, I can assure you this is not done lightly. Step back a bit and think about it really. If you need to report anything like this to the police do you think you can skip into a police station drop a name on the desk, stating he did x,y,z? Of course you fuckin can't."

Oh but you can. Mathew Kelly and the Corrie guy spring to mind. Vile made up stories to obtain compensation and ruin lives.

In the same token of the guilty being named and shamed after the trial has finished, those guilty of making abhorrent false allegations or proffit should also be named and prosecuted.

over a year ago

I always did like Harris so if the allegations are found to be true, i will be very disappointed in him and hope that he gets hammered by the courts.

Brings a whole new meaning to

"Can you see what it is yet?" "

over a year ago

Just saying.

As someone who is just going through the hell of reporting a man for something very similar, I can assure you this is not done lightly. Step back a bit and think about it really. If you need to report anything like this to the police do you think you can skip into a police station drop a name on the desk, stating he did x,y,z? Of course you fuckin can't.

Oh but you can. Mathew Kelly and the Corrie guy spring to mind. Vile made up stories to obtain compensation and ruin lives.

In the same token of the guilty being named and shamed after the trial has finished, those guilty of making abhorrent false allegations or proffit should also be named and prosecuted.

"

But that should not detract or deter genuine people coming forward so I think your comnents are uncalled for and those cases are very much in the minority.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"How many more 'celebs' are currently crapping themselves I wonder. "

I was thinking the same thing too. I just hope they don't truly shatter my childhood heroes by citing Brian Cant, Derrick Griffiths or Johnny Ball!

over a year ago

The public will make their own mind up regardless of if he is guilty or not. The more popular you are the more innocent you become, if you are seen as a bit of a joke you are guilty as hell.

over a year ago

"How many more 'celebs' are currently crapping themselves I wonder.

I was thinking the same thing too. I just hope they don't truly shatter my childhood heroes by citing Brian Cant, Derrick Griffiths or Johnny Ball! "

I've noticed Derrick Griffiths voice in some radio adverts recently. It brought a massive smile to my face. I loved that guy.

over a year ago

Has soon as he wanted to . Tie his kangaroo down . I thought there's something not quite right with this guy

over a year ago

I was thinking the same thing too. I just hope they don't truly shatter my childhood heroes by citing Brian Cant, Derrick Griffiths or Johnny Ball! "

Common knowledge that they were all stoners on playschool. It's in one of their biographies

over a year ago

we really should have guessed with a record called two little boys had two little toys lol theone i always thought not right tony blackburn and would not surprise me with noel edmunds after all he had a crinkly bottom after years of abuse ha ha ha

over a year ago

I was thinking the same thing too. I just hope they don't truly shatter my childhood heroes by citing Brian Cant, Derrick Griffiths or Johnny Ball!

I've noticed Derrick Griffiths voice in some radio adverts recently. It brought a massive smile to my face. I lo

U

ved that guy. "

Yup, I was brought up with Derrick Griffiths. Great voice. I will be gutted if there are any allegations about his " finger bobs!"

over a year ago

All joking aside this is all a very serious subject and everyone of us should not forget the victims alleged or otherwise.

Its allways said after a guilty verdict " I knew there was something about him/her"

Human nature is very fickle....

over a year ago

"However if by naming him it causes other victims to have the strength to come forward, as in the Hall case, then I'm reluctantly in favour of it"

if they kept his identity secret until he had been charged the only difference it would make would be more victims wouldnt come forward until after he had been charged, then he can be charged with the further offenses.

would rather that than, like freddie starr, his reputation be besmirched by rumour and allegation.

over a year ago

im not one for trial by the 24 hr news channels as it is just another form of tabloid just look at Christopher Jefferies in the Joanna yeates case.

we are innocent until proven guilty.

over a year ago

Just saying.

I fully expect someone to claim to have been abused by Shep, the Blue Peter dog "

"Get down there, Shep!"

over a year ago

"im not one for trial by the 24 hr news channels as it is just another form of tabloid just look at Christopher Jefferies in the Joanna yeates case.

we are innocent until proven guilty.

"

over a year ago

"Two little boys had two little toys, each had a ..............!!!"

over a year ago

I think everyone, famous or not shouldn't be publicly named until found guilty"

Agree

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

see i knew when he said hey kids wanna see my didgeridoo its was not a musical instrument he wanted blowing

over a year ago

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How come if child sexual abuse is so bad that people here make jokes about it ?

over a year ago

"How come if child sexual abuse is so bad that people here make jokes about it ?"

It's ok, if he's found guilty they'll be taking it seriously and demanding that he be hung or beaten up in prison.

over a year ago

I too will be very disappointed as a child I liked him on tv and his art show .. But if he did this he needs sorting in court .. So its out in the open what he has done to others and they can find a peace in the truth .

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"How come if child sexual abuse is so bad that people here make jokes about it ?

It's ok, if he's found guilty they'll be taking it seriously and demanding that he be hung or beaten up in prison. "

ahh i have found out the hard way on fab forums , if you ask for that you get pissy comments about your post so i wont mention that if he found guilty he will get a soft touch prison due to his age with a warm cell and all the help he needs . as hes a human with fellings and has human rights on his side . so no im not going to mention that at all.

over a year ago

"How come if child sexual abuse is so bad that people here make jokes about it ?"

At the moment they're just allegations - so don't worry - be

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"How come if child sexual abuse is so bad that people here make jokes about it ?

At the moment they're just allegations - so don't worry - be "

I am I am so in fact that i'm in danger of or BUT if child abuse is abhorrent how come the Rolf haters make jokes at the childrens' expense ? i.e. for a joke to be possible someone has to think of children being abused .... is it funny ?

over a year ago

If say he's found not guilty then whose to feel sorry for?

over a year ago

I'm Jake the fake, diddle-iddle-iddle-um

With my extra leg ????? diddle-iddle-iddle-um

Wherever I go through rain and snow

The people always let me know

There's Jake the fake, diddle-iddle-iddle-um

With his extra leg????? diddle-iddle-iddle

over a year ago

"Can you tell what it is yet?"

over a year ago

Just spilt my tea.........

over a year ago

"Just spilt my tea........."

Stop watching xmas repeats with Jim will fix it!!

over a year ago

the latest alleged victom says the crime was dpme years and years ago if true then he should ne dealt with by the courts.

i camnot remember what i did yesterday let alone so long since so i pose this question if someone accised you of a crime so long ago how can it be disproved.

over a year ago

I'm fed up with all this criticism of Jimmy Saville;

When I was a kiddie, Jim fixed it for me to milk a cow whilst blindfolded!!

over a year ago

Just saying.

As someone who is just going through the hell of reporting a man for something very similar, I can assure you this is not done lightly. Step back a bit and think about it really. If you need to report anything like this to the police do you think you can skip into a police station drop a name on the desk, stating he did x,y,z? Of course you fuckin can't. It is a horrid lengthy process and will no doubt turn my life upside down for months to come, starting between boxing day and new year when I have to give a full statement which will take hours and hours and bring back awful memories. I don't think anyone would volunteer to put themselves through that for a bit of fun do you and that is just the start......"

Snap

over a year ago

I know for a fact that the accused is not charged unless the PP (in Scotland ) is sure there is enough evidence to proceed. Just accusing someone, no matter how historic it is, is not enough to bring charges.

over a year ago

There's been many accounts of women accusing men o rape when they didn't do anything. Some are vile people who just do it to wreck peoples lives, if rolf is found guilty people will always think of him as a rapist, its the same as jo blogs down the street, being labelled a rapist or pedo weather found true or not will alway taint that person

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Common knowledge that they were all stoners on playschool. It's in one of their biographies"

You're a horrid man: you'll be telling me Santa's not real next!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/13 18:08:45]

Post new Message to Thread