Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

looking forward to the new year

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You know it's been a long time since ive genuinely looked forward to the new year. Made all that harder that my mum, may she rest in peace, decided to defy the doctors and last longer and pass on new years day..

However this year im actually excited to see the new year in... I feel that I have control of my life in many ways.. and this I do really have to thank a very special friend... For kicking me when I've needed it and not lettin me push the world away.

I've also made some amazing other new friends this last few months too.. and life in general is just better.

So I've spent my evening not just with writing my new years resolutions but in planning how I make them happen..

If anyone had told me this time last year I would be content and happy I would have laughed... But here I am.. and all the difficult times before seem to fade in my memory.. not forgotten but just part of a journey that shapes who I am.

So I hope that if you read this and are having a rough time.. you will maybe see some faith in things turning out okay.. yes things may all go wrong tmw ... But I feel strong enough to cope with anything.. and I know the days I struggle, my friends are only a phone call away.

So here's to a great 2014

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

glad you feel better about life unfortunately some of my problems are not in my control but we plod on so hello 2014

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nice inspiration for others that, happy new year to you

Nette

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"glad you feel better about life unfortunately some of my problems are not in my control but we plod on so hello 2014"

Oh there are still things in my life that are beyond my control but I've learned that I just control how it affects me... And life is better.. but hope you get on top of things

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"glad you feel better about life unfortunately some of my problems are not in my control but we plod on so hello 2014

Oh there are still things in my life that are beyond my control but I've learned that I just control how it affects me... And life is better.. but hope you get on top of things "

never giving up that's for sure that's my motto for next year

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Churchill said:

"If you're going through hell - keep going!!!"

over a year ago

Your positivity is astounding, too many people bitch and moan about how bad things are, it's inspiring to see someone who not only has a positive out look on the forth coming year, but is going to take it by the balls and truly live, good luck to you, I feel sorry for anything or anyone who gets in the way if your happiness, cos next year you are going to be AWESOME

over a year ago

So pleased you are on the up. You've had suchva crap year.

We wish you a very merry Christmas and an even better new year cali. Xx

Post new Message to Thread