Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Three-legged puppy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone agree that, in the New Year, we should adopt a three-legged puppy? All we'd have to pay for is the adoption fee/donation.

Mr Bling isn't convinced. Help required!

Mrs Bling

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it would be a great idea and a lovely thing to do. Giving the poor thing a good home when others might over look him for a "perfect" puppy xx

over a year ago

if this isn't tounge in cheek or a joke , yeah go for it and give the little mite a loving home

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had a three legged dog. She used to fit on my lap perfectly because of the gap where her leg used to be.

Mad as a hatter but very loyal.

You both need to want the pup though.

over a year ago

Go for it

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

if you want it then why not? dogs live very happy lives with just 3 legs

over a year ago

sister had a 3 legged cat once, hubby called it tripod my sis never thought it was funny

over a year ago

Yes give. The poor dog a good home and it will reward you with so much love and affection.

Merry Christmas x

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

a dogs for life not just for xmas.

i thought id be the twat that says it before someone else does and means it

sounds like a good idea and a nice thing to do

over a year ago

we had a spaniel that lost a leg age 5 took a while to get fit but was great fun still enjoyed his life to the max still came shooting or cried when left at home bless him so yes get said pup and enjoy him give him a chance xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not going to side with one partner over another over a puppy, especially a poor little three legged thing that will probably be left in a sack by the side of the road if you don't have it and its death will be on someone's conscience for ever. Oh no, not me.

over a year ago

Thanks peeps. I'm in the dog house for posting... but he's sooo cute! The dog, not the husband

We already have a dog (same breed as the puppy). She's very demanding in as much as she can't be left alone. Other than that, she's a super star

Thanks again.

Mrs Bling

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

i had a dog with 5 legs once no one wanted him either but he was lovely and was part of the family

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Thanks peeps. I'm in the dog house for posting... but he's sooo cute! The dog, not the husband

We already have a dog (same breed as the puppy). She's very demanding in as much as she can't be left alone. Other than that, she's a super star

Thanks again.

Mrs Bling"

The current dog won't be left alone if she has the puppy with her.

By *eepsouthCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Thanks peeps. I'm in the dog house for posting... but he's sooo cute! The dog, not the husband

Thanks again.

Mrs Bling"

Go on adopt the puppy your dog would benefit they are pack animals need other of their own kind. Mr and I are not buying each other anything for Christmas but are give a nice sum of money to a charity with unwanted dogs. I don't need a new handbags nor boots or jewellery

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

being as the pup had a bad start in life would be nice to have a loving home but you BOTH have to want it

over a year ago

Right then. Mr here and feel in need to say something. I want the puppy but as mentioned we already have another dog. But she forgot to mention the 3 cats, 2 chinchillas, 2 rabbits and a boat load of fish

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"Right then. Mr here and feel in need to say something. I want the puppy but as mentioned we already have another dog. But she forgot to mention the 3 cats, 2 chinchillas, 2 rabbits and a boat load of fish "

then one more wont make a difference although you would have to be sure your other dog gets on ok with it plenty of love to go round

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"Right then. Mr here and feel in need to say something. I want the puppy but as mentioned we already have another dog. But she forgot to mention the 3 cats, 2 chinchillas, 2 rabbits and a boat load of fish "
ooops

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Fish don't normally live in the boat.

As has been said, you do need to both want the puppy. Plus there is the ongoing cost of another mouth to feed.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

that is a lot of animals to look after already!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Needless to say, I think a 3 legged puppy would be quite easily rehomed as everyone loves a sad story, so Mr Bling, there is your get out of jail free card

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

had a jack russell that got hit by a car had his leg got smashed up the vet put a rod and screws in his leg we called him (rodney) true story

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Needless to say, I think a 3 legged puppy would be quite easily rehomed as everyone loves a sad story, so Mr Bling, there is your get out of jail free card "

It's true. Mine was the first one they showed us and we were sold. We made a show of looking at all of the others but she was the one re-homed to us.

over a year ago

I adopted 2 three legged cats. I live on a main road so only wanted house cats. So these are ideal for me. So I would say yes deffo go for it.

over a year ago

We have adopted 2 cats over the years, so yes go for it. He or she will be eternally grateful for the good, loving home you will give. specially this time of year. oops getting emotional now.

over a year ago

ooer, lots already, but I get the feeling as you want the puppy, that mrs will win and puppy will be with you. Let us know what happens please

By *ebsCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Orpington/london

One of our dogs has three legs and shes the most cheeky,naughty and cuddly one. They get used to walking on three legs. You just have to watch out for other dogs their instinctively attack the "weaker" of the pack. My other three just back Molly up when their out walking.

By *eepsouthCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

And Mr your point is

over a year ago

"Does anyone agree that, in the New Year, we should adopt a three-legged puppy? All we'd have to pay for is the adoption fee/donation.

Mrs Bling"

Dogs that are missing a leg can cope surprisingly well.

over a year ago

Well I know what I'm like when I get the bit between my teeth, regarding getting a new pet. Us women have a way of going on and on and on.....

So mr Bling if I were you, maybe give in now. You've not really got a leg to stand

. Sorry couldn't resist. Good luck with whatever you decide, but like most have said, I do think you both need to agree

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

so what are you calling this new pup lol

over a year ago

"so what are you calling this new pup lol"

His name is Boomer at the moment but cant be adopted yet till after his operation. And yes I give in way to easy to what ever she asks for

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"so what are you calling this new pup lol

His name is Boomer at the moment but cant be adopted yet till after his operation. And yes I give in way to easy to what ever she asks for "

So you have given in then?

I changed my 3 legged pup's name after adoption.

over a year ago

His name is Boomer at the moment but cant be adopted yet till after his operation. And yes I give in way to easy to what ever she asks for

So you have given in then?

I changed my 3 legged pup's name after adoption."

I can't say no that's my problem, its why we have so many animals already.

And yeah the name will be changed to something else of her choosing.

over a year ago

just pleas emake sure the choice you make is for the right reason, and long term.

the puppy needs a lot of care and attention.

it has already been through so much with the amputation/being born this way.

if you left her on her own well, she wouldnt have a leg to stand on.....

By *eepsouthCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

His name is Boomer at the moment but cant be adopted yet till after his operation. And yes I give in way to easy to what ever she asks for "

Ohhh what a wonderful gift you have given to this pup. I feel it's should be called lucky or are most of your animals called that. Make Jake like the song know he won't have a wooden leg I'm feeling all warm inside

over a year ago

"Does anyone agree that, in the New Year, we should adopt a three-legged puppy? All we'd have to pay for is the adoption fee/donation.

Mrs Bling"

Pay the extra and get all 4 legs

Seriously though they manage very well with a missing leg, so don't let that stop you.

over a year ago

We have made an enquiry about adopting Boomer - just an enquiry at this stage, as he won't be ready for re-homing for around another six weeks.

We were both in agreement about him from the start, but hubby is a bit more practical than me However, I (Mrs) have heard nothing but 'puppy!' all day long from Mr.

Just to clarify, this pup would be coming to a lovely, forever home. Our current baby (the dog) is 10 years old and we've had her since she was just a few weeks.

Thanks for all the support and happy Christmas. X

Mrs Bling

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Yay fingers crossed for a happy ending for you and Boomer

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

Re-name him Tripod

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

[Removed by poster at 23/12/13 20:10:18]

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

YAY WHAT FANTASTIC NEWS MADE MY DAY AND WELCOME TO BOOMER

over a year ago

My advice would be to think about whether another dog would be beneficial, as you already have quite a few pets. Can you afford the expense of the innoculactions, fleaing, worming, food etc as well as the time invested in training a puppy and the possible pitfalls of repair to your home from a playful but sometimes destructive puppy. Also is a home with so many pets the best option for a puppy.

We can all get caught up in the cuteness of a sweet little puppy, especially the sound of this little one who has suffered trauma so young. But you can't save the animal world so harden your heart just a little and work out the negatives as well as positives as this is approx a 13 year commitment. Don't take the decision lightly.

That said if you can provide all this puppy needs, the environment is ideal, long term health costs can be provided and your own home will remain in good order etc, then a puppy will give you many years of love and loyalty.

Best wishes to you

Post new Message to Thread