Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hello everyone - I'm Eric and I'm going to rant

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Basically this last year has seen me nibbled to a standstill by a 1000 ducks.

All i can say is so much has gone wrong leading to lots of low level stress, parental cancer scares, separation, uncertanty over career, the usual financial worries, no own accommodation that I feel my who personality is about to change.

Basically I've worked my backside off to get somewhere in life and it all has been in vain.

Usually a very positive person who can persevere but it seems to be slipping away (my work ethic) and just feel so unsettled that years of hard work have amounted to fuck all, living back home separated from GF no career.

Life is what you make it - and I've tried to live it well and be a nice person - one female friend has commented to me to stay nice, and not become nasty but at least nasty gets results in quite a few walks of life it seems - nice guys finish last.

In short I'm pissed off and it's time someone else was.

Rant over -

Have a good night

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

Aw it's so crap when life batters you from every angle. Huge hugs and really hope things start looking up for you.

T xx

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A new year, so hopefully new luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Basically this last year has seen me nibbled to a standstill by a 1000 ducks.

All i can say is so much has gone wrong leading to lots of low level stress, parental cancer scares, separation, uncertanty over career, the usual financial worries, no own accommodation that I feel my who personality is about to change.

Basically I've worked my backside off to get somewhere in life and it all has been in vain.

Usually a very positive person who can persevere but it seems to be slipping away (my work ethic) and just feel so unsettled that years of hard work have amounted to fuck all, living back home separated from GF no career.

Life is what you make it - and I've tried to live it well and be a nice person - one female friend has commented to me to stay nice, and not become nasty but at least nasty gets results in quite a few walks of life it seems - nice guys finish last.

Rant over -

Have a good night

"

You can be more assertive and still a nice guy.

Don't let this life grind you down.

Get chatting to people on here and get some cheer-up sex!

over a year ago

ah big hugs ~ try and stay positive & true to yourself, new year new start x

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

hugs I know how you feel chin up

over a year ago

Smells very similar to my life thus far...

Onwards and upwards, lets hope next year is better!

over a year ago

Sounds like we both chose the same 'what will my year be like' option last New Years.

Lots of sympathy and a big hug. I intend to do all I can to have a better year in 2014. I know, Fate sometimes kicks one in the ghoullies but we have to get up, smile and carry on. Best of luck mate.

over a year ago

think your friend is true though..... I have had the year from hell, so many things going wrong including major problems in my last job (which unfortunately cannot mention)but almost sent me over the edge!! In fact the case is still on going, but it has turned a corner and the tables have also turned in my favour. I have never been one for revenge but I came very close to wanting it badly. I also thought what is the point being nice, but I surrounded myself with good friends and family, I have started a new job and life is good. So hang on in there things will get better, and as I firmly believe what goes around comes around..... Good Luck , keep smiling even when you feel you are unable to, things will improve

over a year ago

so, rather than have messages of support from friends, telling you to stay a nice guy, you would rather a house, money in the bank, and all your ex friends not knowing you because your a dick?

in some ways nice guys finish last, yep, ill agree with you, but ive always been a nice guy, and i wouldnt ever change, no matter what life throws at me, and being honest, i have 3 weeks that can sculpt my relationship/living status/work status, but i still wont be becoming an arsehole cuz i would much rather be a good soul than have 'stuff'

i sincerely hope you find a happy medium that will satisfy you in a way you can still be the nice guy people seem to think you are.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Nice women finish last too

over a year ago

I've a decent length of rope in the garage if you'd like to borrow .......

Just kidding

I've had years like that, dude; just get get up, brush yourself off, learn from it & move on.

And good luck to ye!!!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

man hugs ... set up small goals and try to achieve them .. stay nice ... and nice things will happen

over a year ago

Know exactly how you feel chap, been there, read the T shirt, worn the book. It will and does get better though, honest.

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Rant over -

Have a good night

"

Have been there too it's shit but you get through it. And nice guys may occasionally get shat upon but overall you come through with dignity intact and people like you. There's more to life than success at all costs. Better to be happy in a place you like than forever dissatisfied on top of a pile of shite.

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

"Nice women finish last too "

Not if I can have anything to do with it

over a year ago

Feels like I've been running in treacle for so long I'm tired - mentally.

Not 'Stuff' I want in particular but results from the efforts I've put in wherever they may be.

No rope required - been down that path years ago so pretty far from there.

over a year ago

"Feels like I've been running in treacle for so long I'm tired - mentally.

Not 'Stuff' I want in particular but results from the efforts I've put in wherever they may be.

No rope required - been down that path years ago so pretty far from there.

"

dude, your healthy and breathing.

you obviously have friends that think a lot of you.

life is its won reward.

as said, the rest is just stuff and bullshit.

over a year ago

Humannature is to bounce back n I'm sure you will x

By *ex.IncCouple
over a year ago

Castleford

I'm always a miserable pessamistic fucker. Come and share a beer with me anyday fella.

over a year ago

Sex Inc, guys might just take you up on that matter

Alcohol doesn't solve problems - but it does make them look funny

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I doubt many of us haven't had it rough the last few years. It can be tiring and frustrating but try not to let things alter your character.

It's easy to say I know but us humans are resilient, you'll pull through: good luck!

over a year ago

After 23 yrs with a firm they tried to fire me for incompetence to avoid paying redundancy. I fought back, really hard. Was sworn at by the HR bloke, but won. That was 2008, a very personal attack.

2010 found employment again, 2011 this employer tried the same. Incompetence, really personal attack, again I won.

However, myself belief was in the dirt. Two aggressive, nasty, picking you apart personal attacks to try and break you into submission took there toll. I won as none of it was fact.

2012, I was so low. My world collapsed around me. I joined the county council gym and went daily. 2013 has been tough, I found a job, crap money. My confidence has gone, I am not who I was.

But its improving, day by day. My advice, build a plan, define some steps and focus on them .. It will get better.

By *rencherMan
over a year ago

Derby

Its not easy to remain up beat and positive when it feels like your world is falling to pieces around you....tomorrow is another day, try to make it the first day of the rest of your life

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Rant over -

Have a good night

"

Ah yes, been there, done that, still wearing the t-shirt!! Have a hug from me and we'll all hope for a better year next year.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Rant over -

Have a good night

"

'Back home' needn't be so bad. It's often a better base than most for a second start and usually the best digs you'll get.

over a year ago

Well long story but on the way for a vanilla social with some new people way up in N Yorks.

Going to try and leave all my mental baggage at the M62 Lancs / Yorks border.

And for now turning up Cunning Stunts to full on the player!

Post new Message to Thread